/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Must see

جوري
04-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Perhaps some super mod.. can teach me how to change the above link into an actual video pls?
This video is simplistic (in a sense it doesn't cover all the processes going on in a cell) but still brilliant to give a minute look at some of the very phenomenal events that occur in each cell of the body... Each cell and we have billions -- has the same DNA and therefore the same genes... yet why a beta cell in the pancreas expresses Insulin for instance while a fibroblast expresses collagen... is a mystery... as if each is programmed to do its specific job.

I believe on some level we all take for granted the thousands of biochemical and physiological processes that occur in our bodies, daily, tirelessly and efficiently... I thought we'd all take a moment to marvel and reflect...

Pickthal 14:34] And if ye would count the bounty of Allah ye cannot reckon it--

وَإِنْ تَعُدُّوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ لا تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَغَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
Sobhan Allah

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
04-19-2007, 03:50 AM
This was an amazing video. Science continues to glorify Allah by being an instrument for revealing knowledge of His creation. I personally believe that knowledge such as this comes only from Allah.

Hemoo
04-19-2007, 04:05 AM
jazaky Allah khayran sister

and all we can say is Glory to Allah the creator and sustainer of all the creation.

جوري
04-19-2007, 04:28 AM
Wow shokran akhi... pls tell me how you did that?
you are a genius. I am so humbled... I can't even navigate my way around the web let alone play with posts like that---
... I am much obliged...
Imagine glycolysis, krebs cycle, fatty acid synthesis, cori cycle, urea cycle transcription, translation, Gene expression... proteins and neurochmicals expressed, just to name a few functions all happening in this tiny microscopic cell. I swear by Allah, sometimes I find a cell much more intelligent and driven than people.

& I am glad you enjoyed it.. =)

fi aman illah

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hemoo
04-19-2007, 04:48 AM
actually sister i am not the genius one concerning the video embeding

i learned it from this post :

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

It only works for youtube videos - you just place the media tags:

[url] website link [ /media]
so all you do is put the url between those tags

[media] video url [/media ]

note that i must put an extra space for you to be able to see the tags.
but when you use this tags you must delete any extra spaces for it to work.

جوري
04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Watch in this order...

Allah-creation
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
i have a question do atheist believe that the first cell is created out of chance? becuase after watching a few of these videos i fined the cell to be very difficult and complex. Its amazing how a cell contains so much info in it and yet so very small.

جوري
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
actually... what they are showing you is truly a fraction. I can go on and on about how the energy itself that is made for fuel is made and stored in a very efficient way... .. there is no chance here.. it is very calculated!... practically all biochemical events have a rate limiting step, an initiator and a stopper... but the urea cycle for instance goes on all the time, there is no chance for "evolution" to have gotten it wrong at some point and corrected it later.. death would almost instantly ensue--Ammonia liberated during amino acid catabolism from that egg or stake you ate is highly neurotoxic and is detoxified by the five enzymes of the urea cycle that are expressed within the liver.. this process goes on all the time.. it doesn't take time to rest..

any mal-function will lead to the demise of that individual or the entire population... if the kidneys weren't designed as they are, with the chemicals that pass through there--we'd be excreting pure acid, and we'd die! -- Actually pick any organ or any biochemical process and I'll tell you how there is no room for error... people start to notice only when they have a disease, how much they took for granted, things that they don't even give a second thought to.

They just eat.. their body on "its" own volition does the rest... You don't will it into going into Glycolysis or the Citric acid cycle, or the electron transport chain, or into fatty acid synthesis or glycolysis or gluconeogenesis ... etc etc
... I reckon most people don't even know which step comes first.. and know the bare minimum when it comes to their exams... their body does the rest tirelessly. constantly ---Do you see what I mean by stating that sometimes the tiniest cell is more diligent and efficient not to mention intelligent than many people?

Indigo
04-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Amasing, simply amasing!
Allahu Akbar!

Al_Imaan
04-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Jazak Allah for sharing...

جوري
04-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Tell me what you guys liked or learned? -- are you getting the big picture of how everything fits together?-- can you see other biochemical processes taking place in these tiny cells?...

I am so in awe of these microscopic events... it really takes my breath away.... Sobhan Allah.. is all I can say when I see all these intricacies...

'Abd al-Baari
04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
:sl:

Subhannalah...so many vids..watched the first one...Inshallah watch them all when i get a chance :)
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

MustafaMc
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Tell me what you guys liked or learned? -- are you getting the big picture of how everything fits together?-- can you see other biochemical processes taking place in these tiny cells?...

I am so in awe of these microscopic events... it really takes my breath away.... Sobhan Allah.. is all I can say when I see all these intricacies...
What I liked was the demonstration of one example of the complex processes and structure within living systems being so complex and orchestrated so well that it could not have happened by chance evolution. The amazing thing that I find is how an atheist can watch the same video and not believe in a Creator. It seems that they can't just sit back and say, "Glory to the Glorious Creator".

جوري
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I can only assume it as either arrogance or sheer ignorance.. Even the tiniest cell in the body fulfils its duty as commanded by Allah, but not man kind!... for Anyone to dismiss all that, from the tiniest microscopes biochemical event to the grandest Astro Supernova of our solar system.. to every creature therein in between... I can't conceive how one can't get down on their knees in prostration... and in awe of creation. Sobhan Allah .. WAllah Akbar... Allah Akbar mima yiasifoon wa'Allah akbar min kol kabeer!

ranma1/2
04-20-2007, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I can only assume it as either arrogance or sheer ignorance.. Even the tiniest cell in the body fulfils its duty as commanded by Allah...!
So allah decrees to the cells that people get cancer? or that they get disease?

NoName55
04-20-2007, 05:43 AM
trolling as usual!

or is it some kind of deep philosophical comment that is beyond my comprehension

siFilam
04-20-2007, 05:45 AM
ranma1/2,

format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
Allah said in the Qur'an that He created life and death to test us. The difficulties in our lives are the tests. Through these tests a person can turn away from Allah or take the chance to get closer to Him by being patient and accepting His Will as the best for us. Trails and tribulations only makes us better individuals in life if you take the time to learn from them. I hope this makes sense.

best wishes
-SI-

siFilam
04-20-2007, 05:47 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
trolling as usual!

or is it some kind of deep philosophical comment that is beyond my comprehension
go easy on him. many non-Muslim as well as Muslims ask these questions.

wasalam
-SI-

Allah-creation
04-20-2007, 05:56 AM
how do athiest believe the first cell came about? chance!?!?

khushnood
04-20-2007, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah-creation
how do athiest believe the first cell came about? chance!?!?
salam!most of them believe that all the constituents of the cell came together at random and by chance they produced the first living cell.one just wonders how they can think of all the countless amazing processes of nature as chance.for instance,how can one believe that the amino acid coding in a protein is random/.a protein comes into existence when these amino acids[20 in number] align themselves and join up with each other,sort of hand in hand,in a particular sequence...like a+g+e+t+g+c+d+q+a+f+e+d+k+m....... where each letter is for an aa[amino acid].go on joining these aa's until u have say 100 links-which is a modest length of a protein .now, assume that we get a protein.but remember,after u have made those 100 links,u cant alter the sequence.in the example, if u change the 5th link "s" to say"b",the protein will not come into existence.u must have every aa at its rightful place.
now consider,what are the chances that a protein came into existence by itself?i ask another question, can a body of a 100 trillion cells,which makes 2000 proteins every second in every cell come into existence just by "chance".
Allah says in the holy Quran:
Alif Lam Mem Ra.These are the verses of the Book.And that which has been sent down to you from your lord is the truth.But most people do not believe.[al-Rad]

جوري
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Everything that happens in the heaven's and one earth is G-D's will!..

cells age and can under go apoptosis which is "programmed" cell death and that is the norm for most cells! I know Bob from graphics & sound programming, wasn't responsible for cell death after 4 days or 120 days..
cells can go into Reversion to an immature or a less differentiated form, known as Anaplasia! They can go on to replace one differentiated cell type with another mature differentiated cell type known as Metaplasia! a cell can have atypical changes in the nuclei known as dysplasia, and everything there is in that spectrum in between, sometimes we know the causes, as in can explain the cause of such a change (scientifically) specific genes that are being passed down such as Philadelphia chromosome as an example, or acquired, such HLTV, or papova virus in case of cervical dysplasia (a result of promiscuous behavior and unprotected sex) -- we assume otherwise a combination of things for things that we can't attribute to any particular cause! ----
sooner or later however, we will all die of something (no one is going to live forever).. be it cancer or a car accident or a plane crash..

All of them indeed the will of G-D!-- and such is the lot of man-- so s/he'd reflect and be accountable... and ready when fate comes knocking... even by means that seem very organic to your person!
We will never conquer death!..

You can't will your cells not to age, you can't will them to arrest from under going pathological change...you can't will them to go into the citric acid cycle , you can't will them to harness energy from the electron transport chain-- You can't will them into cholesterol synthesis or fat storage, you can't will them to live forever!... but G-D can! --
All you can do however, is attest really hard that there is no G-D, laugh to yourself, and make snide comments here and there..
In the scheme of things you don't see how insignificant man kind with all his ego and all his testimonies-- as insignificant as some of the cells you don't even bother think about, yet they work so diligently hard to keep you alive, though not through your own volition, but the one who gave you life, out of two simple cells that your parents did not create but donated!

Everything else in this universe attests to magistrate of G-D! It is certainly part of your free will to think and do as you please-- but where will you go when comes the hour of death? The same path of your fathers and their forefathers.. the same path as generations yet to come.

If I know you from your writing, I have a feeling where you are heading with this... and let's just put it this way-- I don't know why one person dies one way, and the other dies a more peaceful way.. In the immortal words of on Muslim Caliphate
"Work in this world as if you'd live forever, and prepare for the after life as if you'd die tomorrow!" And leave the rest to the creator, the sustainer.

If you have any questions as pertains to the scientific aspects of the topic then go for it.. otherwise pls spare me the usual banalities.

peace

Hemoo
04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
jazakum Allah khayran
Good science info sisters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!