/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!

Hamas
04-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Brothers & Sisters,

Can somebody help me? or better still can everybody help me?

Basically there is an organization called vcashpoint which provides funding initiatives for young people aged 16 to 25 in England who want to make a difference to their local community with a voluntary project. Grants of up to £2500 are available to turn ideas into reality.

My inspiration and imagination are lost, i havnt been able to think straight for the past few weeks, i have an application form but no ideas on what to do yet and time is running out because i have to submit the application by Tuesday 24th April which is next week.

I would be very grateful if you guys can help point me in the right direction and provide me with some realistic ideas on what to do in my project.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
04-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Calligraphy...art...get all the young people together...of different backgrounds, races, classes etc and get them to make a huge mural or painting or something and stick it in a public place? :D

Hamas
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM

To help you guys further in this regard here are some requirments on the application:

Project Name:

Describe your project idea: Dont forget to think about who will benefit
(max 100 words)

How Much Money do you need for your project from vcashpoint?

My idea will determine how much money i need, should i aim for the highest amount which is £2500 or lower?

Hamas
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *UmmQalam*
Calligraphy...art...get all the young people together...of different backgrounds, races, classes etc and get them to make a huge mural or painting or something and stick it in a public place? :D
Thanks for the idea Sister UmmQalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamas
04-19-2007, 03:30 PM

I see that nobody wants to help a Brother out, oh but when its a Sister in need, everybody jumps up, oh il help you, ooh il help you, especially the Brothers.

Maybe you just cant help me? no problem.

'Abd al-Baari
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
:sl:

how about a centre where the old people of all different races can get together....
sorry...its the best i could think of :-[ :-[

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2007, 03:36 PM
:salamext:

brother to be honest i was lost for ideas lol.

hmm perhaps you can hold a wrestling event ... no bad idea? hmm!!

ok how about sports with FREE FOOD N DRINKS!

the FREE FOOD AND DRINKS <--- make that HUGE CAPITAL BLOCK WRITING! this should get us somewhere :D

edil
04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Salams brother I dont know if this would be a good idea but you can have like a neighbor clean up day were people from different places can come out and have the muslims and the non muslims included clean around the neighbor we had that in our masjid and masha'allah it worked out very well we had a lot of people participate and it shows that the muslims are caring in their community.

Woodrow
04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamas

To help you guys further in this regard here are some requirments on the application:

Project Name:

Describe your project idea: Dont forget to think about who will benefit
(max 100 words)

How Much Money do you need for your project from vcashpoint?

My idea will determine how much money i need, should i aim for the highest amount which is £2500 or lower?
I do not know how that grant will work. Here in the USA most community grants will only cover up to 80% of actual cost. Many only cover 50% The cost estimate needs to be very accurate and in line with what the estimate made by the grant evaluators. Typicaly the person recieves a line of credit and once the project is completed the actual grant is paid to cover the grant amount the applicant is responsable for paying his/her portion first.

Like I said i do not know how that specific grant would work you may need to check into it and consider your portion to be no more than you can afford and go for a project size you can afford.

Pk_#2
04-19-2007, 06:16 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

you should get a bunch of 'folks' together right,

Elderly people,

Young People,

kids, adults everyone,

The kids/children can draw pictures on posters illustrating kiddy stuff, etc

The adults can create keyrings, get blank keyrings and you can type up words of wisdoms or soething alike and print it out and shuv it in,

:D

VOILA!

:) pEaCe!!!

Woodrow
04-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I just found the type of grant vcashpoint is, it is a matching fund grant. In other words it will match the amount of money you can raise up to a maximum of 2500 pounds.

vcashpoint, which launched on Wednesday 28 February, is a match funded project which is supported by HSBC and v, combining to provide a &#163;1million youth fund to distribute over the four rounds of the programme.
vmatch fund - double your money!

If you are part of the private sector (company, charitable trust or wealthy individual) who is - or would be interested in - supporting youth volunteering, then the match fund could double the impact of your support. And if you are a voluntary or community organisation who would like to deliver youth volunteering programmes - or expand existing programmes, then this is for you too.

Originating from the Russell Commission, the role of the Match Fund is to inspire the private sector to support youth volunteering through a process where government money matches up to 100% of any new private sector investment in youth volunteering.

To find out more about the Match Fund, what activities are eligible for funding and how to apply, please read this vhelpful guidance Click Here. And please read these essential questions for further information Click Here.
Source: http://www.wearev.com/vcashpoint/index.php

Kittygyal
04-19-2007, 06:27 PM
salamualikum.

get some cats and stuff.

Ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
:sl: how bout you get a massive canvas right, and create a sort of 'clash of cultures' but with a difference, coz this time different people will get together, unite and create something which reflects the principles of that local community, kinda like a 'building bridges between cultures/faiths' type of thing.

Either that or just fundraise! :) :w:

S_87
04-20-2007, 03:23 PM
:sl:

you could have stuff for teenagers after school. many are bored with lack of things to do and result in being reckless. it should be away from the school atmosphere and something that attracts all sorts of people.
or make a difference to elderly people by setting up a little outing for them. and on a weekend have a sort of get together for them.
hoep that helps

Kittygyal
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
salamualikum.
FACE PAINING, OR DO A PEOM COMPETITION OR 'WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLION AIR' OR DO A ROLE PLAY WITH GROUP OF PEOPLE OR BE A COMEDIAN OR WEAKEST LINK OR WHOS ANIMAL IS THE BEST AT DOING ACTIVITIES AS IN 'BLUE PETER' OR DO QURA'AN COMPETITION OR DEAL OR NO DEAL OR ASK ISLAMIC QUESTIONS TO PEOPLE.
ma'assalama

Hamas
04-24-2007, 10:15 AM

I dont have much time left with this, if i was to post it then its too late but i still have time because i can just fax the application by 5.00pm today.

Think Hamas, THINK!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!