/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic schools in Europe and America

mujahedeen2087
08-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Can anyone agree with me that we need islamic schools in Europe and America, i have seen time and time again muslim parents put their kids in public schools and i see them become just like the kufar, they are so far removed from islam that if you look at them you could not tell they are muslim but only by name, in the kafir public schools you are taught evolution and how God does not exist but you can believe it if you want. public schools encourage dating and relationships between boys and girls outside of marriage. They have dances and all sorts of gender mixing. it is hard for the muslim youth to concentrate on his or her studies.
we need islamic schools in Europe and America to help the young muslims to stick with the deen and not be distracted but the kafir lifstyles. :brother: :sister:
:arabic6:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Well dude, heres the thing, Islamically, they are helpful, but educationally, they arnt at all. And so until you have a good mix of both, I wouldnt spend my whole life in an Islamic school. I went to Islamic school until 11, and then went to a public school. The Islamic school laid down my foundation and at public school, i knew the difference between right and wrong...

:)

Asadullah
08-02-2005, 03:31 PM
These Islamic schools aren't very Islamic at all. I should know, since I went to one for several years. Now, for young children, Islamic schools are a good place, but for the older kids, such as High Schoolers, public school is better. They should get an Islamic foundation when they are young, so that when they go to public chool, they are prepared. Often, these kids will come out of Islamic schools and go to college, and they're lost.

Either way, these Islamic schools are nothing but a tool to preserve one's identity. IUn my opinion, if you want to keep your children free from Fitnah, do homeschooling.

Zuko
08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Currently I attend an islamic school and to be honest with you, its not very good... Many of the teachers are not qualified and the girls especially are treated horribly... However public school would pose problems as well, such as racial violence, which my brothers experience and they're not even in high school yet... The main and only benefits of an islamic school are its isalmic and qur'anic education, and the separation of boys and girls... Alot of islamic school have low standards and for those who want to become something in the future, this is not good at all... The teachers at my school like to play with students grades, and often dont know how to caculate them correctly... I'm an A-B student, but because of my teachers sending in the wrong information, and them not averaging my scores precisely, my overall average was in the 70's (C)... For me, that was horrible because here in New York, all of you're grades that you get in every year of high school count towards you're overall gpa and by the looks of it, no matter what grades I get from now on, I won't be able to get into a prestigious college or university... But I do agree that going to an islamic school has made a number of changes in me, Islamically... For example, I don't just blindly follow islam, I looked at what set it apart from other religions and then I realized why I was muslim and why I should continue to stay as one... I started to wear hijab because of my teachers who had a childhood similar to mine, and so I looked up to them as an inspiration... I started memorizing qur'an and not just for school, but for Allah...

However, many girls aren't given certain necessities like an air conditioner during the summers, while the boys building would have central air conditioning... We're being oppressed by our own people... No, not by hijab, but by treating us as if we're inferior... That is a serious problem in all islamic schools here... Its sad because they have enough money to paint the wallas and bathrooms a different color every week, and put little kids' swings in the backyard, but not enough to get a small air conditioner for the classrooms... If there's one thing I learned about my experience with islamic schools, its that I wont be sending my children to it... I stay because my parents feel better about the people I see and talk to... But they don't know the facts, despite me telling them countless times... If I want to teach my kids about Islam, I'll send them to the masjid after school every day and teach them myself... Many girls in my school have been going there since the school ifrst opened, but act no differently than girls in public school.. And I'm 100% sure the same goes for the boys... Anyways, I think I've said enough...

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
08-02-2005, 04:23 PM
You sound so passionate about it, why dont you just open up your own Islamic school when you grow up...

:D

Zuko
08-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I've always thought about opening one... But I need the right amount of money first... And plus I'm too young so thats another problem...

Salaam

TEH
08-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Well I did mean when you have grown up...

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 05:31 PM
:sl:

I personally see nothing wrong with public schooling. It's just an alternative. I mean sure, you can argue that the kids will be 'exposed to sin' and what have you - but most Western countries are chock full of sinners. You wouldn't be able to step outside your own house for fear of 'exposing yourself to sin'. In the later stages of education especially, you need to be in the outside world as it were, since you're being trained for work, insha'allah and need to know how to deal with people.

I can tell you for a fact that they don't teach you that 'God doesn't exist but it it's okay if you want to believe in Him' in public schools. That's not on the curriculum. Certain teachers might say that, but then they might just be buttheads as well.

Islamic schooling, I really don't know much about, since I haven't experienced it and thus can't really judge.

:w:

salam1424
08-02-2005, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahedeen2087
Can anyone agree with me that we need islamic schools in Europe and America, i have seen time and time again muslim parents put their kids in public schools and i see them become just like the kufar, they are so far removed from islam that if you look at them you could not tell they are muslim but only by name, in the kafir public schools you are taught evolution and how God does not exist but you can believe it if you want. public schools encourage dating and relationships between boys and girls outside of marriage. They have dances and all sorts of gender mixing. it is hard for the muslim youth to concentrate on his or her studies.
we need islamic schools in Europe and America to help the young muslims to stick with the deen and not be distracted but the kafir lifstyles. :brother: :sister:
:arabic6:
Assalamou 'alaikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa Barakatouh

:thumbs_up Bro, I agree with you. So, I always say that the muslim parents can't let their children to go to this kind of schools because they haven't morality :( :( and the influence is too bad. Everybody knows that the childrens spend the most of their time(which is very important) in the school...and we have to do something to give the best futur for the Oumma...
There always are solutions al HamdouliLLAH... We can speak with the brothers or sisters who have the privilege to take care of the masjids or who work in Islamics Institutions?!?! Wa Lahou A'lam. May Allah give us the "qouwa"(=the force) to really do something and not simply "speak" incha Allah.

Wa Salamou alaikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa Barakatouh

Peace be upon you :wilted_ro

demonstrater
08-04-2005, 11:41 AM
im totally agree with you....

TEH
08-04-2005, 02:30 PM
You should all understand that, which ever school you go to, islamic or kaafir ( :D ) , parents play a big role in sorting out their children...

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet_sorrow
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Currently I attend an islamic school and to be honest with you, its not very good... Many of the teachers are not qualified and the girls especially are treated horribly... However public school would pose problems as well, such as racial violence, which my brothers experience and they're not even in high school yet... The main and only benefits of an islamic school are its isalmic and qur'anic education, and the separation of boys and girls... Alot of islamic school have low standards and for those who want to become something in the future, this is not good at all... The teachers at my school like to play with students grades, and often dont know how to caculate them correctly... I'm an A-B student, but because of my teachers sending in the wrong information, and them not averaging my scores precisely, my overall average was in the 70's (C)... For me, that was horrible because here in New York, all of you're grades that you get in every year of high school count towards you're overall gpa and by the looks of it, no matter what grades I get from now on, I won't be able to get into a prestigious college or university... But I do agree that going to an islamic school has made a number of changes in me, Islamically... For example, I don't just blindly follow islam, I looked at what set it apart from other religions and then I realized why I was muslim and why I should continue to stay as one... I started to wear hijab because of my teachers who had a childhood similar to mine, and so I looked up to them as an inspiration... I started memorizing qur'an and not just for school, but for Allah...

However, many girls aren't given certain necessities like an air conditioner during the summers, while the boys building would have central air conditioning... We're being oppressed by our own people... No, not by hijab, but by treating us as if we're inferior... That is a serious problem in all islamic schools here... Its sad because they have enough money to paint the wallas and bathrooms a different color every week, and put little kids' swings in the backyard, but not enough to get a small air conditioner for the classrooms... If there's one thing I learned about my experience with islamic schools, its that I wont be sending my children to it... I stay because my parents feel better about the people I see and talk to... But they don't know the facts, despite me telling them countless times... If I want to teach my kids about Islam, I'll send them to the masjid after school every day and teach them myself... Many girls in my school have been going there since the school ifrst opened, but act no differently than girls in public school.. And I'm 100% sure the same goes for the boys... Anyways, I think I've said enough...

Salaam
:sister: mashallah :applaud: nicely said.Do you go to the Islamic boarding school in Buffalo,NewYork?Agree with the idea of going to Islamic school.Public school went there for about two years hated it so left.Then attended private school when I finished then went to a Islamic school.True it's a school but don't see the Islamic part.I don't think girls cat fighting,dating,and etc..are Islamic at all.Do you?

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
:sister: mashallah :applaud: nicely said.Do you go to the Islamic boarding school in Buffalo,NewYork?Agree with the idea of going to Islamic school.Public school went there for about two years hated it so left.Then attended private school when I finished then went to a Islamic school.True it's a school but don't see the Islamic part.I don't think girls cat fighting,dating,and etc..are Islamic at all.Do you?
I don't think cat-fighting is Islamic either, but I still think it's hilarious.

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
so,bro you think girls on top of each other yelling,scratching,and pulling down each others clothes is funny?Man you have a weird deffinition of funny. :D :D

Zuko
08-08-2005, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
lol ;D I can say this from experience (not firsthand though, from watchin others) that when we girls fight, we grab whatever we can and pull, hard.... And in our case, its hijabs usually :-[ ... Just to put the other in as much pain as possible... I'm sure if guys had long hair, they'd be doing the same thing :p ...

Salaam

Zuko
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Asalamu Alaikum,

No, I don't think they're islamic at all, and its sad because sooo many girls and boys do it in my school, THAT EVEN KINDERGARTENERS SEND EACH OTHER LOVE LETTERS :omg: ... And no I don't go to that boarding school, I live about 10 hours from Buffalo... I just hope I don't get caught up in that mess...

Wa Alaikum Salaam

almuslima
08-08-2005, 10:55 PM
i go 2 a none islamic skool and i dnt get influnces by dem cuz i know wat dey r sayin but i agree with U da fact da young pple might get influnced.however in ma skool dey dnt teach us about how god dnt exist and dat.dey teach us islam and wats in islam and christianty which i dnt think i co-operate with in class cuz i dnt think its intersting as islam its beautiful as islam.and inshalla wateva dey do dey will not get me out of ma religion. :)

Takumi
08-08-2005, 11:09 PM

Many parents in the west are choosing either to homeschool their kids or sending them to a single gender school. Researches have shown that both environments are conducive to learning and provide the least distraction.

Many Islamic Schools in the USA have qualified teachers. They're passionate about their work and most of the time, they CARE about their students, and regard their job as a mission.

Islamic Schools not only provide integrated curriculum but also a safe-haven for muslim kids. Recently, a teacher, in a Catholic school was indicted for having **xual relationship with 5 of her students! and don't forget Columbine and a plethora of other safety issues plaguing the public school system.

True, Islamic schools can be better, but in the truest spirit of Islam, IT IS a responsibility of the community not only the teachers to educate the youth. When this responsibility is taken up TOGETHER, only then true ISLAMIC EDUCATION can be realized.

I've seen many muslim kids who go to public schools who turned out masha Allah, excellent in behavior and I've seen them going away from Islam too. Rarely, I've witnessed kids with proper education while they're young, to go away from Islam.

The true education begins at home. While parenting is an expertise and involves human lives, surprisingly we can only learn and make mistakes and then learn from the mistakes. Sometimes, whether we like it or not, we learn from OTHER PEOPLE'S mistakes, after damaged has been done.

I'd send my kids to Islamic School regardless, and help out.

Because at the end of the day, on my death bed, when I ask them who do you worship, they'd convincingly answer 'ALLAH" and when I'm in my grave, their dua keeps me company and safe.

Takumi
08-08-2005, 11:17 PM

No, I don't see it Islamic either. But Islamic schools should not be blamed for the behavior of its students. We don't see the ummah of Muhammad fearing Allah all the time, so, prophet Muhammad did not do a good job at it?

We should see students as human being who have the potential to grow and improve. to do this, we provide a curriculum and a facility so that our mission of tarbiya can be implemented. Will some students fall through the cracks? Most definitely! But guidance come differently to different people.

that fact is evident that Umar became Muslim later than Abu Bakr and Abu Sufyan became muslim later than Umar. that is the dynamics of understanding and practising Islam.

We just have to try our best and make dua so that Allah will guide these young people. They are our present and will shape Islam's future.

Building an Islamic school is a right thing to do. Maintaining it is a different issue.

salam1424
02-02-2008, 01:17 PM

HTML Code:
Building an Islamic school is a right thing to do. Maintaining it is a different issue.

Exactly!

morate
02-08-2008, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuko
THAT EVEN KINDERGARTENERS SEND EACH OTHER LOVE LETTERS :omg:
My children are in public school now. I received a note from the teacher the other day that my kindergartener should wear "romantic" clothes for Valentine's Day. :eek: What are "romantic" clothes and why should my little guy be wearing them?!?!? Furthermore, I don't want him to even know this word, or be viewing little gals in their idea of "romantic" wear. Oh, were there a good Islamic school near us......yes, I'm working on several (need I say drastic) alternatives.

For the most part, I like the school, but there are quite a few days I have considered keeping them home.

I could be interested in partnering with others to open a good school....:muslimah:

Muezzin
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I know of an Islamic primary and secondary school in my city. I've finished that particular part of my education now, but I'll look into it for future reference.

As to all this kindergarten inappropriateness - I can only wonder what would result if Arnold Schwarzeneggar became a role model for pre-school teachers following his comic turn in 'Kindergarten Cop'.

'READING, WRITING, ARITHMETIC! DOING HOMEWORK MAKES ME SICK!'

Ah, Arnie. If only you'd become a drill-sergeant for pre-pubescents instead of the Governator.

format_quote Originally Posted by morate
What are "romantic" clothes
A novelty costume shaped like a giant human heart.

That's right - the real deal, not some silly fake chocolate box shape. Complete with pulsing aorta and guzzling ketchup.

and why should my little guy be wearing them?!?!?
Um... biology lessons?

Wait till they start teaching about the eye...

morate
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I am getting into the spirit now. I still have a day or so left to grab my fabric and sewing kit- maybe just markers will do. I'm thinking an entire "musculo-skeletal" system suit. (After all, why stop at just the heart?!) It will be better than Halloween.......

Intisar
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
:w: That's not necessarily true, do not make such assumptions. I've been in public school for my whole life, inshaa Allaah I'm going to finish this year, and to be honest the sisters that I know that have gone to Islaamic school have been yearning to go to a public school. Why? Because they claim more fitnah goes in their than it does in public schools. Now will I make an assumption or generalization based on that claim? No, because I don't know for a fact that if that is true, it's just hearsay. ISNA is a good Islaamic school, so is Banat (both located in the Ontario area), but the sisters who have attended there end up going to a public school later on! I'm not trying to bring down Islamic schools at all, mashaa Allaah to those who build them up and let little children and teens learn about their deen, but it's just not up to standards (as much as public schools are)! I do not have to compromise my faith in public school, you just have to have the initiative to say, ''Miss I need to pray, can I leave class for five minutes?" What's the problem? I do that all the time. Some teachers say no, and I just go anyway or I talk to the principal and he gives me (and others) a note with permission to pray. It's quite odd seeing as how some of the teachers who refuse to let students leave are Muslims themselves. Subhan Allaah!

Mashaa Allaah to my school, the brothers there are top brothers mashaa Allaah. Every Friday we have an imaam come in to do the khutbah, and we all pray in the small gym (it used to be a swimming pool). And how did we do so? The brothers took the initiative to go to the principal and tell them that it's their religious obligation and duty to pray Salat-ul Jumcaa, and alhamdulilah now we all can.

All in all, I find fault in the fact that you believe such a ridiculous claim. No offense to you brother. :rollseyes

Mohammad Arif
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM

it would be a good idea to list any good islamic schools or darululooms that we know about for brother and sisters so they can benifit from it
i wll start with Daruloom Bury and Darululoom London for boys both of them are really good
for sisters it is Jamea Kauther in Lancester
hope it will help brothers and sisters
if any one need there details let me knkow

Jazakallah
Mohammad

truthforpeace
06-10-2008, 02:15 AM
I am an education major, and I hope to start an Islamic school oneday for primary grades in the Northeast of the United States :)

arabianprincess
06-10-2008, 04:42 AM
hey .. well we do got islamic schools here ... but i honestly went to a public one n it was grt it was like a test... n it depends on u.. if u wanna do sin .. u ll still do em even if ur in a islamic school n if u dont want u will never do it .. even if u were in a public school. i think at the end its how u were raised n how well u know ur religion it will determine how u will act .either in a islamic or a public salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.