/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Say When You Stub Your Toe?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
:sl:

What do you say when you stub your toe or pinch your finger or worse?
Is the first word that comes out of your mouth “****!” or “Sh__!” or “F__!” (or their equivalent in your language if English is not your mother tongue)?

Would it ever occur to you to say “Praise God!” instead?

And why would you praise God when you just got hurt?

To begin with, you can praise Him that you only stubbed your toe and didn’t break it. You say you did break it? Then you can praise Him that you didn’t break the whole foot! You can praise Him that you have a toe and foot to begin with. You can praise Him that He created the rock on which you just stubbed it. (OK, so it was a chair you stubbed it on. God still created the tree from which the chair was made.) You can praise Him for the laws of physics He created, for that same hardness of the rock (or wood) allows you to use it for building and other purposes.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that any trouble that comes to a Muslim — even something as small as the pricking of a thorn — is an expiation for him.

So the next time you stub your toe (or worse), try saying, “Praise God!” or, as we say in Arabic, “Al-hamdulillah all praise be to Allah (God)!”

And just how are you supposed to think of saying that when you’re hopping around on the remaining foot?

That’s where frequent remembrance of Allah comes in. You can do this remembrance, called dhikr, in many ways. You can count on your fingers (or on prayer beads) and say certain formulas over and over. You can just think about Allah and all the blessings He has given you while you are doing some mindless task. You can also ask forgiveness for your sins. Or you can ask Allah for help with whatever task or worry you have. You don’t have to be in any particular position or face the qiblah, or say the words in Arabic. You don’t even have to raise your hands in the usual palms up gesture of supplicating.

When you remember Allah, you draw nearer to Him. Remembering Allah — making dhikr —expresses your confidence in His mercy, grace and blessings. It reminds you of your total submission to and dependence on Him. If you make it a habit to remember Him frequently, the words will come to your tongue easily. If you make it a habit to remember Him all the time, even when things are going well, it will be easier to remember Him first when things go wrong.

Prophet Muhammad stated that Allah said, “I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.”

http://discover.islamonline.net/serv...am%2FDIELayout

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM
salamualikum.
Many of us really really need to read this indeed, it is very important for us to know what we say, think before we speak mashallah an excellent post!

you can ask Allah for help with whatever task or worry you have. You don’t have to be in any particular position or face the qiblah, or say the words in Arabic. You don’t even have to raise your hands in the usual palms up gesture of supplicating.

Indeed so true it's all about having a clean intention allah knows and your self know aswel. None may know but allah subhwnatallah and your self!

Also do ibadah and remember allah even in daily life when happy NOT only when having hard times, remember if we walk towards allah subhanwatallah he runs towards us! subhnallah!

If you make it a habit to remember Him all the time, even when things are going well, it will be easier to remember Him first when things go wrong.

So true, remember allah all the times he helps you in hard times, makes life easier only if your in the correct frame of mind and in allah's subhnwatallah's good books! && on right track.

remember fight against satan do not let him enter your gates and get his own ways! Fear allah subhwnatallah alone, worship none but allah subhwnatallah

remember do not just remember allah just when your hurt but ALWAYS even when your not hurt!!

a MUST for read!

where did you get this from??
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Nice post, Mashallah
Jazakallah for sharing

btw what does 'expiation' mean:? :-[

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
Many of us really really need to read this indeed, it is very important for us to know what we say, think before we speak mashallah an excellent post!

a MUST for read!

where did you get this from??
Ma'assalama

Thanks for your comment!! :statisfie
Sis, I have been post source above my post..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Nice post, Mashallah
Jazakallah for sharing

It means the cancellation of sin. Expiation and propitiation are similar but expiation does not carry the implication of dealing with wrath, of appeasing it through a sacrifice. Generally speaking, propitiation cancels sin and deals with God's wrath. Expiation is simply the cancellation of sin.

Hope it will helped, InshAllah!

'Abd al-Baari
04-19-2007, 06:44 PM

Mashallah learnt something new today
Jazakallah Khair sis

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 06:46 PM

^ you are welcome, Brother!

Kittygyal
04-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Nice post, Mashallah
Jazakallah for sharing

salamualikum

Expiation means the act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing, done something wrong.

You understand?

Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM

Yeh the sister explained
Jazakllah Khair :)

Kittygyal
04-19-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Thanks for your comment!! :statisfie
Sis, I have been post source above my post..

salamualikum.
Shukran.

You quoted my post very quickly :statisfie

mA'ASSALAMA

Kittygyal
04-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Yeh the sister explained
Jazakllah Khair :)
Salamualikum.
Oh my bad actling like a big fish but very late dudette.

Okay alhamdulillah you understand now thats all we need, hope you act upon this information sis has give us, inshallah i will also remember this and act upon it in my daily life :)

Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
:salamext:

Maasha Allaah really nice :) may Allaah forgive us all for our wrongdoings. ameen.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 06:53 PM

^ Ameen!

Kittygyal
may Allaah forgive us all for our wrongdoings. ameen.
Salamualikum

Amin :cry:

Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Oh my bad actling like a big fish but very late dudette.

Okay alhamdulillah you understand now thats all we need, hope you act upon this information sis has give us, inshallah i will also remember this and act upon it in my daily life :)

Ma'assalama

Inshallah sis

may Allaah forgive us all for our wrongdoings.
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.