/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Muslim Americans on PBS

siFilam
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

:salamext:

Last night PBS aired "The Muslim Americans". Did anyone watch it? if yes, what did u think of it?

I personally thought that most of these people view Islam as a fashion trend, they pick and choose what they want to practice. It all goes back to the Muslim Ummah 's lack of Knowledge regarding our religion.

Is anybody from US watching the America at a Crossroads Special: "FAITH WITHOUT FEAR" and "STRUGGLE FOR THE SOUL OF ISLAM: INSIDE INDONESIA" tonight. Its supposed to air on PBS tonight. here is the link

http://www.pbs.org/weta/crossroads/when/

The "FAITH WITHOUT FEAR" is about the that Munafiqun or hypocrite, Irshad Manji. I can't stand her.
I just saw few clips from "STRUGGLE FOR THE SOUL OF ISLAM: INSIDE INDONESIA". Astagfiruallah, they are committing so much shirk.

May Allah forgive the Ummah and guide us. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
:sl:

I wasn't really dissapointed by the Muslims portrayed there...Or maybe I've forgotten the worse parts since last night. True, there is a lot of corruption amongst the Muslims in America, but there is a reason for that. A lot of the Muslims shown in the film came from backgrounds that aren't exactly religious. Their parents did things to fit in when they came to this country. Whereas now the kids are growing up and trying to trace back to their deen and create a balance between the standard their parents have set and what their religion expects of them. Naturally for any child who has grown up in a religiously flexible environment will find it difficult to set down strict guidelines overnight. They're working towards a change, and we should remain positive that they will eventually make it to being Muslims who we will truly be proud of. But that will be a long road, and we have to be patient.

Anyways, I've heard of strange stories of stuff that happens in Muslim communities and even within the masajid in America, so I wasn't too surprised by the film. Some stuff was actually more positive than I expected.

siFilam
04-19-2007, 09:29 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

true, most of the Muslims on the show were from very liberal backgrounds. But I fear that as time passes on more and more people will loss the true teachings of Islam turn to those liberal views. Its the little deviations that leads to the big ones.

wasalam
-SI-

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.