/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Book!

Pages : [1] 2

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-18-2005, 06:08 PM
:sl:
As requested, this is a thread where we can discuss various books and recommend books as well. For a more detailed discussion on a certain book, we recommend making a seperate thread in the Education Issues section of this forum.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Zakariya
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I recommend every single book by the brother who's picture is my avatar =)

Pinkrose
08-02-2005, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya

Bro if you don't mind me asking!! Who is that? :-[

Abu Zakariya
08-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh sorry, I thought everyone knew... Maybe you'll recognise the name =)

Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NooralHaya
08-02-2005, 10:58 PM
oh mashaAllah, abu ameenah has some real good stuff. any books of his in particular?

basitisnumberone
08-03-2005, 01:15 AM
i recommend Patience and Gratitude by Imam ibn Qayim al-Jawziyah, just finished reading it
alhamdullilah its a great book
another great book that i'm currently reading is Gems and Jewels which i hightly recommend :applaud:

Abu Zakariya
08-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Ibn Taymeeyah's Essay on
The Jinn (Demons)
by Bilal Philips

A Simple Call To One God by Asra Rasheed, edited by Bilal Philips

Riyaa : Hidden Shirk by Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi, edited by Bilal Philips

The Fundamentals of Tawheed by Bilal Philips

Du'a, the weapon of the believer by Yasir Qadhi

An introduction to the Sciences of the Qur'aan by Yasir Qadhi

I personally have two of these books in my possesion. "A simple call to One God" and "The Fundamentals of Tawheed."

The others I haven't read, but I'd really like to insha'Allah. I'll try to get my hands on them :brother:

Bittersteel
08-03-2005, 03:19 PM
I plan to get the following books:
Quran and the Orientalists
History of the Quranic text:Preservation and Compilation

What do you think?

also any recommendations of Islam and science books?

Abu Zakariya
08-04-2005, 01:22 AM
Speaking of books. They hand em out for free at this website:

Here's a list of the books they give out for free: www.islamic-message.net

The one's in bold are the one's I recommend =)

• English Books

English A Brief Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam (Islam & Modern Science).

AnNawawi"s Forty Hadiths and Forty Qudsi Hadiths.

Fasting.

Hisn Al-Muslim (Fortification of the Muslim through remembrance and supplication from the Quraan and Sunnah)

Islam. The religion of all.

Islamic Facts Refuting the Allegations against Islam.

Jesus Prophet or God (PBUH).

Part 27, 28 and 29 of The Holy Quraan.

Part Thirty of The Holy Quraan.

Part Thirty of The Noble Quraan (English Translation of the meanings and commentary).

Prayers

Principles of Islam.

Purification.

Qur'an & Modern Science, Compatible or incompatible?

Signs of Prophet hood.

Stories of New Muslims.

Supererogatory prayers.

Surah 19 (Maryam) of The Noble Quraan

Surah Al-Fatihah and Surat Al-Baqarah in The Holy Quraan.

The Concept of God in Islam.

The life History of Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.).

The most beautiful names of Allah.

The Muslim"s Belief.

The Prerequisites of the Declaration of Faith.

The Religion of Islam (Part 1).

The Religion of Islam (Part 2).

The truth about Jesus (PBUH).

Women in Islam (versus Women in Jeudaeo-Christian Tradition. The Myth & The Reality).

Uthman
08-04-2005, 09:04 AM
:sl: Ansar,

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
In my opinion, such things don't require their own section, as a simple thread is sufficient. Im considering moving this thread to general chat, and it can be used to recommend books.
I see. :) So Ansar, what do you know about Dala'il Al-Khayrat?

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't recommend it due to the errors in Aqeedah and unorthodox ideas, extreme 'sufi' doctrines.

Uthman
08-05-2005, 08:51 AM

Aha! I knew there was something! My mum's gone crazy over it you see . . .

I wouldn't dare suggest anything of the sort to her

*!~Faith~!*
08-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Great Women Of Islam: Who were given the good news of Paradise by Mahmood Ahmad Ghadanfar

Heroes Of Islam by Prof.Mahmoud Esma'il Sieny

Everyday Struggles: The Stories of Muslim Teens by Sumaiya Beshir

The Battles of The Prophet: Ibn Kathir

I'm reading this right now and I recommend all to read it. The Autogbiography of Malcolm X

I'll stop here...I'm a bookworm so I can go on forever :p

Uthman
08-06-2005, 07:15 PM

I recommend Human nature in the light of science by Siraj Choudhury

Far7an
08-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I love this book and I love Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal.

Foundation of the Sunnah

:thumbs_up

Muezzin
08-06-2005, 08:08 PM

Any Criminal Law book by Michael Hirst, since he's one of my lecturers, and I might be able to squeeze 10 % commission out of the guy.

minaz
08-06-2005, 08:37 PM
To kill a mockingbird - great story, the character Atticus reminds me of Muezzin :p

Bittersteel
08-06-2005, 08:55 PM
anone here got these books:

History of the Quranic Text

I can't find them here in Bangladesh.

Takumi
08-07-2005, 05:27 AM
I recommend the Quran.

As Salafee
08-07-2005, 10:11 AM
i dotn reccomend book of tawheed by bilal philips - may allaah guide him

in that book he says that if a muslim cannot cannot stop an opressive ruler by hand , the very least he should do is make dua against him or soemthing along those lines. this is in clear oppostion to the way of the salaf. for example:

And al-Fudayl said, "If I had a supplication that would be answered, I would not make it except for the leader (imaam) because when the leader becomes righteous, the towns and servants become safe and secure."

Ibn al-Mubaarak said (in reference to the above saying of al-Fudayl), "O teacher of goodness, who would show boldness towards this besides you?"

found in shar us sunnah/explanation of the creed of imam al barbaharee (d.329H) SP publications

Far7an
08-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Welcome to the forum, it seems you have not read our rules as of yet, allow me to point a few out to you InshaAllah.

19. Attacks against Islam
No attacks against Islam in any form will be tolerated on this discussion board. This includes, but is not limited to attacks on the Qur'an, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), his family and companions, or any other prophets in Islam, or Islamic scholars, past or present. While some may complain that there is "freedom of speech" please remember this is a privately owned discussion board which was created and is maintained to serve the purpose of promoting Islam. What is allowed in speech is determined by the Admin and not the member.
and also
20.When a long article/post has been posted, and you want to comment on the article/post, do not quote it since it is a waste of space.

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
To kill a mockingbird - great story, the character Atticus reminds me of Muezzin :p
'To kill a mockingbird's a sin'

Atticus Finch rules!

And after everyone has read all these excellent Islamic texts, I'm sure you can just take a trip to the bookshop and buy any number of law books by any of my following lecturers:

Michael Hirst

John Marsden

Neil Hawke.

Seriously, I could make some dough here.

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I could make some dough here.
:brother: interesting never knew Englanders used the word Dough.Thought it was too slang for them.

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
:brother: interesting never knew Englanders used the word Dough.Thought it was too slang for them.

Interesting, I didn't know Americaners could go off-topic as well. Thought it was too funny for them.

:p

Abu Zakariya
08-07-2005, 01:41 PM

in that book he says that if a muslim cannot cannot stop an opressive ruler by hand , the very least he should do is make dua against him or soemthing along those lines. this is in clear oppostion to the way of the salaf. for example:

And al-Fudayl said, "If I had a supplication that would be answered, I would not make it except for the leader (imaam) because when the leader becomes righteous, the towns and servants become safe and secure."

Ibn al-Mubaarak said (in reference to the above saying of al-Fudayl), "O teacher of goodness, who would show boldness towards this besides you?"

found in shar us sunnah/explanation of the creed of imam al barbaharee (d.329H) SP publications

Brother, I totally agree with you, no doubt. But, Bilal Philips has actually done tawbah about that and removed that part from the bok, wa lilahil hamd.

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Interesting, I didn't know Americaners could go off-topic as well. Thought it was too funny for them.

:p

:brother: may be it is too funny for us red necks.Before the mods. get really angry.The book I would recommend the sis's to read would be the Ideal Muslimah. :D

Uthman
08-07-2005, 03:16 PM

I also recommend:

*!~Faith~!*
08-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Interesting and I must say good recommendations

Uthman
08-08-2005, 12:29 PM

And all other books by Sheikh Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi for that matter. :)

Uthman
08-08-2005, 07:21 PM

I don't have many islamic books so I am eager to hear more recommendations. :)

*!~Faith~!*
08-08-2005, 07:30 PM

Br.Osman try this one

Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) Biography Of the Noble Prophet
By: Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri

Read it Online here

There was another book on the Prophet Muhammad (saw) It was by Martin Lings...

Or browse through other ones HERE

Uthman
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM

JazakAllah Khair sister. :)

Takumi
08-08-2005, 10:55 PM

I think it's imperative that we actually choose those books recommended and buy and read before more suggestions come.

Islam is not in books. they're tools to help us understand issues and give some insights.

;)

Uthman
08-09-2005, 09:16 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by takumi
I think it's imperative that we actually choose those books recommended and buy and read before more suggestions come.
I wouldn't say so as other members may want to share some other good books they've read.

Islam is not in books. they're tools to help us understand issues and give some insights.
True. :)

Muezzin
08-09-2005, 06:12 PM

Very true. You could also buy law textbooks by any of the authors I named.

;)
And commission is a tool to get me loaded.

;)

czgibson
08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I would like to recommend Edward Gibbon's "History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire." Gibbon was an Englishman who lived during the eighteenth century CE, and his work is commonly regarded as the finest historical writing available in English.

The book is large. It's divided into eight volumes and it covers thirteen centuries, from the second century CE to 1453 CE, when Constantinople fell. Although the whole book is highly recommended, readers on the forum here may be particularly interested in Book 6, "Mohammed and the Rise of the Arabs", for an outsider's treatment of Islamic history. Some of the quotes that appear in the "Non-Muslim Quotes about Islam" thread under his name are taken from this book. He was highly impressed by Islam, yet continued calling himself a Deist, a term which at the time was very often a cover for atheism used by people who feared persecution by the Christian authorities. (David Hume, the Scottish philosopher, is another example of this.)

In fact, being an unbeliever, Gibbon's knowledge of early religion was quite distressing to the Christian authorities, because there are many areas of Christian history for which the only sources available at the time were in Gibbon's book.

asmauk
08-10-2005, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*

Br.Osman try this one

I've read The Sealed Nectar, its really good masha'Allah!

Uthman
08-12-2005, 08:08 AM

by Sheikh Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi

An Introduction to the Sciences of the Qur'aan presents a detailed and thorough explanation of the sciences related to the history, understanding and implementation of the Qur'aan. The book provides the English reader with a detailed analysis of classic Muslim scholarship regarding: the process of Inspiration (wahy); the various means of classifying verses of the Qur'aan; the history of the compilation of the Qur'aan; the meaning of the seven ahruf and the ten qira'aat of the Qur'aan; the miraculous nature of the Qur'aan; the concept of abrogation in the Qur'aan; the procedure and methodology of tafseer; and many other topics. The work has a number of sections dedicated to explaining the traditional Muslim refutations of certain beliefs of the Ash'arees with regards to the Qur'aan.

This book also includes detailed discussions on modern Western scholarship of the Qur'aan. After presenting a history of the English translation of the Qur'aan, along with a critical review of some translations, the author discusses and refutes common Orientalist polemic literature on the Qur'aan.

The work is unique in that it presents classical material in a simple and modern style, while maintaining a high academic level. It is the most advanced work of its kind in the English language, and a necessary reference for all serious students of Islamic knowledge.

Bittersteel
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
can't find good English books in Islam.

Zuko
08-12-2005, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
can't find good English books in Islam.

english as in ones that don't have good grammar?

There's this excellent book I've read, well have tried to finish because whenever i read a chapter, I try to implement it, but any way, here it is:

The Purification of the Soul:

The English is perfect in my opinion and its a great read...

If you want to read some of it online before buying check out this site and the first bullet at the top:
http://www.angelfire.com/al/islamicp.../tazkiyah.html

EnemyOfTheState
08-15-2005, 01:41 AM
asalamwaalaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatahu,
inshaAllah i make dua that brothers and sisters are well and in high imaan
i must recommend a book which i am reading and alhumdulillah veru near completed, its called "MILESTONES" and its by sayid qutb, its a truly amazing book which is written in clear simple english, explaining the true message of islam , the soverignty of Almighty Allah, it costs about £5 but please inshaAllah a must read, from what i have heard it is due to this book that sayid qutub was martyred by the egptian government.
jazakAllahukhairan
os abu ameenahs books alhumdulillah are very good, espicially the fundementals on tawheed

M Ilyas
08-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Any body know of any other good books which can be downloaded

*!~Faith~!*
08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Try this site: http://www.ymsite.com/books.php
I think you can save the ones in pdf files.

And Harun Yahya's books can be downloaded: http://www.harunyahya.com/html/m_book_index.htm

M Ilyas
08-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Salaam sister

Jazakallah khayr for them links sis and thank you ever so much for taking out your time to put up them links Shuran Lak

ma'assalaam

sadia
08-19-2005, 07:51 AM
book by Abd Samad Moussaoui and its called 'Zacarias Mossaoui: the making of a terrorist'
This book was interestinfg in the fact where the author describes his brother's up bringing and tries to describe what went wrong and why, its a moving book and really gets one going.

book by Ziauddin Sardar called 'Desperately seeking paradise' this one is good and its how he tries to find the meaning of his religion(islam) and ends up going places to seek knowledge.

book by harun Yayah called 'never plead ignorance' this book is VERY good and really makes the reader think.

and malcom X 's bio.thats really good too.

Afr!can angel
08-21-2005, 10:24 AM
i've read annawis forty hadith soo good makes u think !.......thats a good thing :)

Umm Yoosuf
08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
The Precious Pearls

The Description of the Ten Companions Who were Given the Glad Tidings of Paradise

Zuko
08-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Salaam,

Anyone here ever read 'The Chronicles fo Narnia'? They're sooooo good, and a movie's coming out next year I think....

ChasingRainbows
09-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Salam Alaikum,

I recommend the milestones book too by Mr.Qutub, and also any book on the history of akhwaanul-muslimeen. if you are an enemy of the state you will find it fascinating. Also I recommend any book written by Noam Chomsky. If you are very left wing you will enjoy it too.

czgibson
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChasingRainbows
Also I recommend any book written by Noam Chomsky. If you are very left wing you will enjoy it too.
Hello ChasingRainbows,

I take it you're referring to Chomsky's political writing, although his books on linguistics and philosophy are very good too.

Peace

Muezzin
09-08-2005, 05:05 PM
The Revenge of the Sith novelisation by Matthew Stover is pretty good. But it's Star Wars, so you won't like it Minaz. :p For you I'd recommend one of those 'chick books'. Like, for example... anything from Mills and Boon :p :)

The novel 'Battle Royale' is simply brilliant. The writing style itself isn't anything to boast about (it's not translated very well from Japanese) but the plot is excellent - a bunch of Japanese teenagers are taken to a remote island and forced to kill each other in a brutal state-governed game. Twisted and yet awesome! :D

Also, any Sherlock Holmes novel is guaranteed to entertain.

None of the above suggestions are 'Islamic' per se, but the topic title is 'recommend a book' - which allows them to be included without being off-topic. ;) :D

ChasingRainbows
09-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Salam Alaikum,

czgibson yeah the emphasis was more on the political writing.

TEH
09-08-2005, 06:06 PM
The Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Katheer...

And also, The Da Vinci Code...

:D

M Ilyas
09-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Anybody into Islamic philosophy?

czgibson
09-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by M Ilyas
Anybody into Islamic philosophy?
I'm into any kind of philosophy, and I'm keen to learn about Islamic philosophers. Apart from Ibn Sina, Ibn Rushd and some of the other Islamic philosophers of the Middle Ages, the only modern I'm familiar with is Nuh Ha Mim Keller.

Are there any writers you'd recommend?

Peace

Zuko
09-09-2005, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
The Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Katheer...

And also, The Da Vinci Code...

:D
:thumbs_up Loved those two....

sonofadam
09-09-2005, 11:41 PM
In Pursuit of Allah's Pleasure, al-Firdous Ltd, London 1997

Written in prison by Dr. Naahah Ibrahim, Asim Abdul Maajid & Esaam-ud-Deen Darbaalah and checked by the imprisoned scholar Imam Umar Abdur-Rehman currently serving life in the US - may Allah hasten his release. This book is a must for every Muslim.

ChasingRainbows
09-10-2005, 03:09 AM
Salam Alaikum,

Son of Adam that is one of the coolest books ever. What a catchy title! Seeing the title I just knew I had to have it. Yes I agree this book is a must for every muslim.

Shadow
09-10-2005, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonofadam
In Pursuit of Allah's Pleasure, al-Firdous Ltd, London 1997

Written in prison by Dr. Naahah Ibrahim, Asim Abdul Maajid & Esaam-ud-Deen Darbaalah and checked by the imprisoned scholar Imam Umar Abdur-Rehman currently serving life in the US - may Allah hasten his release. This book is a must for every Muslim.
can u provide a site where i can read his book online?
thanx

Salam Alaikum,

Son of Adam that is one of the coolest books ever. What a catchy title! Seeing the title I just knew I had to have it. Yes I agree this book is a must for every muslim.
can u prove a link where i can read it online?
thanx

peace

M Ilyas
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
:sl: czgibson

Are there any writers you'd recommend?
you read Imaam ghazali's books, if not check them out

sonofadam
09-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Salam Alaikum,

Indeed it is a very good book, glad you agree. May Allah reward you.

sonofadam
09-10-2005, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
can u provide a site where i can read his book online?
thanx

can u prove a link where i can read it online?
thanx

peace
I'm not sure whether its available online or not, I suspect not - Allah knows best. Although its available to buy online from here and here . An online extract of one of the chapters of the book can be read here.

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Pinkrose Salam Alaikum
This is a bit off the subject
your poem is absolutly decent :sister: :) :loving:
I really like that poem is it yours or did you get it from someone else
just curious?

Takumi
01-04-2006, 03:17 AM
A Child Called IT by Dave Pelzer and The Lost Boy same author

M H Kahn
01-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Do you any know of any book which tells the differences of the majhabs on various issues?

There are various books written by very many famous writers on Islam. But do not believe merely in their fame as the criteria for their writings to be unmistaken. Read the books, compare the discussed issues with the Quran and correct Hadith and think yourself what is correct.

Tilmeez
01-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, This can be done easily with the followings:
a. book name
b. Languages book available
c. Discipline/subject book belongs to
d. (n most importan) soft copy available at URL

what do u people say???

The Ruler
01-15-2006, 07:01 PM
are we only supposed to recommend books dat are islamic or has a moral? :X

alitheislamian
02-07-2006, 07:27 AM

Brother and sisters :sl: .
U all seem to lve reading Islamic books but remember that we also have to gain scientific information. I know that every Ayyat of the holy Quraan has a scientific background.
Here is a site which will refer u to many islamic books with scientific background.

http://harunyahya.com/

I know that u all gonna love these books.
Pray for me brothers and sisters.

czgibson
02-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by alitheislamian
U all seem to lve reading Islamic books but remember that we also have to gain scientific information.
How about reading a science book?

Peace

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-08-2006, 09:29 PM

Ive just started on this book called, The Peoples History of the United States by Robert Zinn. It is well written and is not just a 'history textbook'. It is well written.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...Fencoding=UTF8

Protected_Diamond
03-06-2006, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi

Ahaa! I read that book ( a child caled it) waaay back, i never finished reading it because the story was tooo depressing and too much violence going on in there. :rant:

Duhaa
03-06-2006, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi

I read both of those and then the one after that when he became an adult.
It was so sad, made me cry. :offended:
We take our parents love for granted and some people have none and some have hate in place of love.

Theres one just like this one but its about a girl being abused by her step father.
Couldnt read that one, it was just so horrific. :offended:

A book I would recommend is Salem Falls by Jodie Picoult, it has a good ending.;D

Umm Yoosuf
03-06-2006, 04:57 PM

I recommend this book:

Concerning the Beautiful Names and Attributes of Allah by Imaam Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-Uthaymeen.

mizan_aliashraf
03-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Salam
I would recommend

Khaalid bin Al-Waleed - The Sword of Allah

You can get it from Maktabah w
www.tibyan.net

Wassalam

Umm Yoosuf
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
That book is really good Masha Allah :)

Protected_Diamond
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah

I recommend this book:

Concerning the Beautiful Names and Attributes of Allah by Imaam Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-Uthaymeen.

:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Sounds good! I'll order it ASAP insha Allah

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Umm Yoosuf
03-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Read this thread- it's from the book :D

http://www.islamicboard.com/depth-is...ndtakyeef.html

F.Y.
03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Great book for people who feel sad or depressed.

Don't Be Sad by Aaidh bin Abdullah al-Qarni. Please read it - it is so helpful!

Lina
03-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Malika Oufkir; ''La Prisonniere''

It's a great book (and not fiction Alhamdulilah)

''Malika Oufkir was born into a privileged Moroccan family who, after a coup attempt by her father, were imprisoned and tortured for over fifteen years. Oufkir's book "La Prisonniere" tells the story of their incredible ordeal, and has become a best-seller throughout Europe and the United States.''

Eventhough I have read this book when I was 12/13, it still stayed with me all these years, how people can endure these kind of horrific experiences, Subhan'Allah.

A must read!

The Ruler
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
any1 dat is interested in horror shud read da X-Files...dey r soo cool n scary :happy:

*LJ*
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.

Salamu alaikum,

I have this one!! It's very good, alhamdulillah, and you can just pick it up and read it whenever you want because its in small sections, which is especially good for me as i'm not very good with reading books, I usually start tham and never finish.:)

May Allah reward everyone for their recommendations :):):)

Salam.

Ummu Amatullah
03-09-2006, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by basitisnumberone
another great book that i'm currently reading is Gems and Jewels which i hightly recommend :applaud:
That's one of the best books which I have ever encountered.The great stories and quotes of the Ulema are just magnificent.Most of them were really funny,but others made you feel as if you wanted to cry.May Allah bless brother Abdul-Malik Mujahid for his compilation Insh'Allah.

Another book I would recommend is,"The History of Islam."By brother Akbar Shah Najeebabadi and revised by brother Safi-ur-Rahman Mubarakpuri.It's 3 volumes.Currently I'm on the Second volume.
The first Volume covers:Prophet Muhammad's(pbuh) Prophethood until the Murder of Hassan(R)
The second volume covers:The beginning of the Ummayid Caliphate until the Kingdom of Safwi
The third volume covers:The Islamic Rule of Spain(Andalusiya) until the end of the Ottomon empire.
Some people think that history starts from the beginning of times,but the truth be told it began with the birth of the most noblest of the noblest Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

Assubhubada
03-10-2006, 12:03 AM
WOW!!! I must write few book reviews, and I shall very soon.

I love reading :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 12:20 PM
if i wanna read stories of the companions of the prophet saws what is the "BEST" and most detailed book you can think of?

Ummu Amatullah
03-11-2006, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
if i wanna read stories of the companions of the prophet saws what is the "BEST" and most detailed book you can think of?
Brother,a great book that explains the lives of the Campanions of the Prophet(pbuh) in detail is,"Men around the Messenger,"By:Brother Khalid Mohammad Khalid and translated by:Brother Mohammad Mahdi Al-Sharif.It has about 60 different Sahaba's biographies,but it excludes the 4 rightly guided Caliphs.If you're trying to get the arabic version search for
"رجال حول الرسول"

------
03-12-2006, 11:53 AM
[BANANA]Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince[/BANANA]

By JK Rowling...

Of course...You are going to have to be familiar with the story!

bint-ul-islam
03-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Assalamoalikum!!!
i have not any specific book to recommend because u ppl have mentioned them already ...but i can tell you a website ...http://www.dar-us-salam.com/
darusalam publish very authentic books and you can order books from their website .

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2006, 03:57 PM
"Qisas al ambiya" is nice :)

wafa islam
03-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Asalamu alaykum

I recommend the book " Soar un min Seera As-ahabiyyat" by Abd Al-Hamid Abdurahman As-ahibani

I haven't read it, but I have had it translated..It is sooo good..

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2006, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Brother,a great book that explains the lives of the Campanions of the Prophet(pbuh) in detail is,"Men around the Messenger,"By:Brother Khalid Mohammad Khalid and translated by:Brother Mohammad Mahdi Al-Sharif.It has about 60 different Sahaba's biographies,but it excludes the 4 rightly guided Caliphs.If you're trying to get the arabic version search for
"رجال حول الرسول"
thx i've baught this book, its gnna arrive any day now :D :D ;D

dorky niqabi
03-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

The word-by-word translation of the quran by dar-us-salam is really great for hifz(memorization)

MashAllah, this book is the translation of la tahzan written by Sheikh Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni.. It's a self-help book written from an islamic perspective. and it really does make you feel better.

The ideal muslimah is the kind of book every sister should read, and it can be read online here.

dorky niqabi
03-26-2006, 10:30 PM
how do i edit?

anyways..
more online books..

I want to repent, but by shaikh Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

33 ways to develop khushoo in the salah by sheikh Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

The Prophets methods for correcting peoples mistakes by sheikh Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Problems and solutions by sheikh Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

and theres more of his books available here

syilla
04-27-2006, 01:59 AM
all harun yahya books esp the 'Perished Nations'

Duhaa
04-27-2006, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.

Can anyone tell me what this book is about.

I've heard about it and I want to get it.
Just to see if it's appropriate for a family friend who has severe depression.:(

*LJ*
04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Can anyone tell me what this book is about.

I've heard about it and I want to get it.
Just to see if it's appropriate for a family friend who has severe depression.:(

I have this book, it is very good, alhamdulillah, and tackles lots of different problems involved with depression, and even just general worries, sadness and stress.

The book is divided into lots of small 'chapters' (I say chapters but some are less than a page, others are 3-4 pages). Some of the titles of the chapters include....

• Be content with that which Allah has given you and you will be the richest of people.
  • Do not be sad- Wait patiently for a happy outcome
  • Leave the future alone until it comes
  • This life does not deserve our grief
  • Allah is All-Sufficient as a disposer of affairs

The book uses verses from the Qur'an and hadith to help people in thinking positively and realistically. There are also quotes by arabic poets and other writers or well known people.

I would definitely recommend this book to any Muslim with depression or anxiety problems or who is just prone to getting upset easily and worrying too much.

Salam.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM

Kitab At-Tawheed by Imam Wahab,

Critical Study of Shirkby Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi

Introduction to the Quranic Sceinces by Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi. (Havent read it yet, but have heard its awesome)

Du'a : Weapon of the Believer by Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow, well i could reccomend alot of books. A'idh al Qarny's material is awesome, like 'don't be sad' and 'you can be the happiest woman in the world- a treasure chest of reminders'.

syilla
04-28-2006, 02:01 AM

yup this is a good book... here in malaysia you can also find it translated into malay

Anonymous.92
04-28-2006, 02:17 AM
A Gift for Muslim women by Moulana Ashiq Elahi

If I should speak by Umm Zakiyyah

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Oh sorry, I thought everyone knew... Maybe you'll recognise the name =)

Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips.
I don't think that's Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips. Because for starters, i think he's jamaican:-\.
But yeah, all of his books are top, as are his lectures and his show on sharjah tv.

Lina
05-03-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
I don't think that's Abu Ameenah Bilal Phillips. Because for starters, i think he's jamaican:-\.
But yeah, all of his books are top, as are his lectures and his show on sharjah tv.

Yes, i've seen it on Sharjah many times, at 24:30 right? or a little before. Allah ou A'lam

ontopic:

Waris Dirie - Desert Flower.

It's a autobiographical novel about the somalian nomadic life and female circumcision in Africa.

afriend
05-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Well, let's say my mum felt happier after reading this book.

glo
05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
There is no picture in your avatar. :?

afriend
05-03-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
There is no picture in your avatar. :?
This was from a very long time ago...

But the picture is here:

czgibson
05-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Greetings,

I've just read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon.

I'd been meaning to read it for ages, and I finally got round to it and finished it in a day. It's one of the best books I've read in years.

The narrator, Christopher, is a 15 year old boy with Asperger's syndrome, which is one of the Autistic Spectrum Disorders. This means that the story is told in a way that is extremely unusual, and that really allows you to get inside the head of the narrator and begin to understand a bit more about his condition.

I've worked with autistic children before, so I knew a little about how they operate, but this book was a revelation. For an autistic person, some things may be endlessly fascinating; this can be something useful (such as maths, as in the case of Christopher) or it could be something useless (such as being obsessed with fire-extinguishers, as in the case of a girl I knew. She liked them because they made her feel safe.). Outside of the various interests an autistic person may have, something like socialising, or chatting with another human being will very likely be utterly baffling for them.

The story involves Christopher discovering a dead dog, stabbed with a pitchfork, on his neighbour's front lawn, and how he goes about solving this crime. However, this is really secondary to the strikingly original style of the narrative. Because Christopher likes maths, and really likes prime numbers, each chapter is given a prime number, rather than the usual 1, 2, 3... This means that the first chapter is chapter 2. The chapters move from subject to subject, and are often only vaguely related to the main plot, but they tell us more about Christopher and his fascinating world-view. One chapter, for instance, is headed "Reasons why I don't like yellow and brown". Another chapter is on the Monty Hall Problem, and the appendix is devoted to Christopher's answers on his A-level maths paper.

It's the kind of book I won't forget in a long time, and if you've thought about reading it, I'd urge you not to wait like I did. You're in for a treat!

Peace

muslim_friend
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
One of my favoirites would be "The Road to Mecca" by Muhammad Asad. An awesome autobiography..

Umm Yoosuf
06-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I recommend this book. The Purification of the Soul[Compiled from the works of Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya and Abu Hamid al-Ghazali.]

Its written very powerfully. Truely a beautiful book. Full of words of wisdom and advices.

attachmentphp?attachmentid1515&ampstc1&ampd1149679607 -

Sohrab
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
One of my favourite books is "seven habits of highly effective people" by Stephen Covey. It has helped me understand islam and how it relates to our lives ,a lot better than many other writers.

z5a0b4
06-08-2006, 12:26 AM
The Auto Biography of Malcolm X is a great book, that shows you a whole new perspective on life.

muslim_friend
07-12-2006, 07:14 AM

I'd also recommend "Stories of the Prophet" by Ibn Kathir.

Simple fantastc!!!!!!!

Somalina
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
~Salaam~

I would suggest "THE SPECTACLE OF DEATH" including glimpses of life beyond the grave:happy:

by K.M ISLAM

duke
07-14-2006, 11:13 AM
the alchemist, paulo coelho

ckerofilm
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
My favourite book is called Companions of the Prophet. It is two books and has the most wonderful tru stories on the sahabah. There are some very moving stories, i especially like the story of the prophet (s.a.w)'s daaughter Fatima.

P.S: sorry i dont have more info (author etc)

Eddi
07-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I seen this in the Biography thread about Ali (ra),

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women
Brooks, Geraldine, Doubleday Anchor Books 1995

Zionazi_Dissent
08-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Encyclopedia of Bible Errancy BY C. Mckinsey

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
Encyclopedia of Bible Errancy BY C. Mckinsey
I'm unsure if I read this particular book or one with a similar name. It was indeed very interesting.

Khayal
08-03-2006, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dorky niqabi

The ideal muslimah is the kind of book every sister should read, and it can be read online here.

Wa Alaikum Assalaam Wr Wb

Jazaak ALLAH khayr Sister for the wonderful book link..:sister:

May ALLAH bless you...:rose:

Umm Yoosuf
08-04-2006, 06:13 AM

Sacred Freedom
by
Haneef Oliver

A must read! I am currently reading it, it's brilliant. Masha Allah. Well written.

mlsh27
08-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Bo-ok???

Sahabiyaat
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
i purchased that book (the ideal muslimah) a short while ago for an essay i had to do for uni :)
its really good for copying down all those quotes! :thankyou:

The Ruler
08-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Mister monday, Grim tuesday, Drowned wednesday....by Garth Nix

^ rlly gud books :happy: :thumbs_up

The Ruler
08-30-2006, 10:37 AM

ne of u read 'from my sisters' lips' by Naima B. Robert??? i highly recommend it to all sistas...:happy:

umm-sulaim
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
yeah i read some of it but never finished reading it, some parts are like facts and stuff, so i tended to drift away there...
good book though, shes a nice sister masha Allah...

wassalaam

Protected_Diamond
09-09-2006, 12:32 PM

"Glimpses of the Lives of Righteous People" compiled by Majdi Muhammad Ash-Shahawi

Excellent book for all insha Allah.

*LJ*
09-13-2006, 08:35 AM

Does anyone know of any good books about the hereafter, particularly Jannah and Jahannum? And could you also tell me where I could get them? I just feel its easy to get caught up in the dunya and I want to learn more about the hereafter which will help me inshaAllah.

Thanx, salam!

Umm Yoosuf
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

I dunno sister I am looking for a good book myself.

The Dreamer's Handbook : Sleep Etiquette and Dream Interpretation In Light of the Sunnah : Part 5 of " The Inevitable Journey Series " (Muhammad Mustafa al-Jibaly)

Description from the publisher:

This book starts by presenting a spiritual understanding of sleep from the Islamic viewpoint, which is followed by guidelines for recommended evening, pre-sleep, night, and morning acts of worship. The conceptual understanding of dreams is laid out next, followed by an analytical study of dreams in the Quran, and of dreams seen by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and by his companions (R). The rest of the book deals with dream interpretation, its correct rules and procedures, drills to help understand these rules, and a large glossary of interpreted dream symbols. This, we hope, fulfills two important goals regarding sleep and dreams: It establishes their understanding upon the strong foundation of the Quran and Sunnah, and it eliminates a great deal of superstition that surrounds them. Indeed, from Allah (SWT) alone we seek help and acceptance.

lolwatever
09-15-2006, 12:07 PM
I recommend.. 3DsMax8 4 dummies :D

The Ruler
09-15-2006, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
I recommend.. 3DsMax8 4 dummies :D
we got a buk lyk dat in skul i fink ^o)

id recommend ne o robert swindells buks...der quite gud altho der mostly 4 kids

lolwatever
09-15-2006, 12:15 PM
cool.. v good.. also i recommend 'programming, problem solving and abstracting with C' :D

lolwatever
09-15-2006, 12:16 PM
and Giancoli Physics

Mawaddah
09-15-2006, 01:12 PM
What about " Accounting for Dummies " ?
Thats what I have to read now :offended:

Jayda
09-15-2006, 01:18 PM

lol... thats a camel hun...

anyway!

I will recommend an entire series! it's called (you wont believe the title) Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events they are "childrens books" just like dr seuss wrote "childrens books" but they are all so wonderful in a dark mysterious and kind of tragic way!

i used to work with children at a burn clinic and it was one of their favorite books, which i never understood until i started reading it to them... it is about how something very bad happened to three children and how they stay together through everything and that is all they have...

lol there are 13 books and some other books associated with the series.. and a movie with jim carrey which was pretty good too!

Mawaddah
09-15-2006, 01:22 PM
^ lol I love childrens books :D

And those series sound really good too......I wonder where I can get my hands on some?

One of my childhood books which I really really love and still read is called "Walk Two Moons " , it's niiiiiice and I love it :) It's about this girl named Salamanca who's mum takes off....and it takes a while for her to realize that her mum is not coming back since she was killed in a traffic accident. But it's not sad or anything, just really nice :)

The Ruler
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM

sum buks dat i highly dnt recommend r jaqueline wilson's bukd :vomit: :vomit:

Kamilah
09-15-2006, 03:00 PM
I would highly recommend the following books;

In the Early Hours;
Reflections on spiritual and self development
by Khurram Murad

The Responsibilty of Muslim Women to order Good and Forbid Evil;
In the light of the Qur'aan and Sunnah, and histories of Pious Women
by Shaikh Fadli Elahi

The Science and Sunnah
By Muhammad Abd Al-Mannan.

Snowflake
10-15-2006, 06:25 PM
I recommend everyone reads:

The Fundamentals of Tawheed - Dr Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips.

It covers:
The catagories of Tawheed
The catagories of shirk
Allah's covenant with Adam (pbuh)
Charms and Omens
Fortune telling
Astrology
Majic
Transcendency
Seeing Allah
Saint worship
Grave worship

simply excellent!

Curaezipirid
10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Assalamualaikum reading thread folk
I had a new look at this thread and a few comments now in tow:

format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
I plan to get the following books:
History of the Quranic text:Preservation and Compilation

What do you think??
I notice that these texts are mentioned twice and since the subject matter is named such that my own interest stirs I might like an appraisal as well as a where to find that Emir Aziz asks for.

format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*;65434

I'm reading this right now and I recommend all to read it. [B
The Autogbiography of Malcolm X[/B]
He rated three mentions and I should tell that my own experience of being imposed upon as a teenager to read the book at seventeen was of much beneficience. Also enabling of my self now, 21 years later, to be at loggerheads with the black power faction over here without being in any way a racist in my approach; and which black folk whom actually know me appreciate well, despite my by now bad reputation. (as bad as a black fella)

Br.Osman try this one

Read it Online here

There was another book on the Prophet Muhammad (saw) It was by Martin Lings...SIZE]
Just to comment that both the sealed nectar and Martin Lings book had two recommendations. I have read an exerpt from Martin Lings book and find that it is very very good only except in that around mysticism perhaps too oriented to what can harm/or in general a little far worked into potentialities, rather than a stricter or drier approach.

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
I would like to recommend Edward Gibbon's "History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire." Gibbon was an Englishman who lived during the eighteenth century CE, and his work is commonly regarded as the finest historical writing available in English. . . .

. . . In fact, being an unbeliever, Gibbon's knowledge of early religion was quite distressing to the Christian authorities, because there are many areas of Christian history for which the only sources available at the time were in Gibbon's book.
What interest me in this recommendation is the obvious impossiblity of detecting whom is and whom is not a true believer within singularly Christian contexts. How many decent texts exist that are overlooked? and is this among?

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
all harun yahya books esp the 'Perished Nations'
seems up my alley by title alone, thanks

format_quote Originally Posted by Sohrab
One of my favourite books is "seven habits of highly effective people" by Stephen Covey. It has helped me understand islam and how it relates to our lives ,a lot better than many other writers.
this title also in the same vein albeit that it can be impossible to discern whether good structure has sound functional content when interest is stirred by name alone

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
This is exactly the kind of material that Aboriginal Australia is desperate for given how much of that exact teaching we have lost to the shaytan and all their hangers off

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
What about " Accounting for Dummies " ?
Thats what I have to read now :offended:
I am adverse to the 'for dummies' series since there is too much speculation about potential (what IF you couldn't get it? will you go too dumb to seek merit also?)

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I recommend everyone reads:

The Fundamentals of Tawheed - Dr Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips.

It covers:
The catagories of Tawheed
The catagories of shirk
Allah's covenant with Adam (pbuh)
Charms and Omens
Fortune telling
Astrology
Majic
Transcendency
Seeing Allah
Saint worship
Grave worship

simply excellent!
Thankyou for this recommendation. I had in mind to read other of Bilal Phillips texts about which I had only be informed of a knowable disagreement with my own position of regard between Shaytan and other Jinn. However, clearly I am far better off by reading this text first.

walaikumassalamu rivaq

(in edit:
Assalamualaikum Warahmathuallahi Warabarakathahu

oops I forgot to put in my own recommendation: this is a book which is an allegory written by a man whose Islam is based in a Sufi teaching within one of the madhab; it is an allegory and so you need to master the Art of reading allegory to comprehend it. When you get it right you become enabled to work towards helping others exorcise shaytan; but when you get it wrong you manifest becoming very obviously with shaytan. It is called: Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson; by GI Gurdjieff and published by Penguin - it used to be Arkana but not any more - I can not recommend any other book higher except Qur'an and Gospel and Torah aligning with all ahadith.

significantly for those whom are wanting to be better enabled in the languages of the west; it dissembles and reconstructs the concentration around language such that a comprehension more attuned with Arabic can be enabled through words of the languages it was originally written in. The sentences are harder than mind to comprehend but, except where I make too many mistakes of course.

It is of course all written in such a manner as to ensure that if any person were initially interested, if they are actually too young for receiving the teaching in it, their mind will automatically be disabled from even noticing what their ablity is blocking.

Walaikumassalamuwarahmathuallahiuwarabarakathahu)

Umar001
11-10-2006, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by As Salafee

POINT SIX: Regarding the statement in my book The Fundamentals of Tawheed (written some 18 years ago and first published 10 years ago), which implies that people should speak out against the rulers who rule by other than the Sharee’ah, as well as another (which was not pointed out to me by the brothers but by my wife) in Tafseer Soorah al-Hujuraat (written more than twenty-one years ago), which encourages plotting against Muslim governments not implementing Sharee’ah, I have abandoned such false beliefs long ago and unfortunately, was not aware that some remained in my old books. I openly retract those statements, and had someone bothered to inform me of them and advise me, I would have changed them immediately. They will be changed with the next publications inshaa’Allaah, and I will further retract these statements on my web page and state the correct view regarding the rulers, inshaa’Allaah.

I have never had a problem accepting a mistake once proof comes to the contrary and changing it. But did these brothers ever sit with me and sincerely advise me about these “many mistakes”? Did they ask to meet with me, which I would have done gladly, and say, ‘In such and such a book, you made such and such an erroneous statement. The following evidence is to the contrary’, etc.? That would have been much appreciated.

Furthermore, in my meeting with Shaykh ‘Alee Hasan and Shaykh Saleem, some brothers tried to bring to them an issue in one of my old books, and Shaykh ‘Alee told them that they cannot take a person’s ‘aqeedah from his old books, instead it should be taken from his recent books. So the brothers should not merely take a statement written in my oldest books and ignore all my explicit statements in my recent lectures and books wherein I speak out in no uncertain terms against making takfeer of Muslim rulers and others, speak out against revolt against rulers and all the takfeeree movements. In my book, Usool at-Tafseer, I spoke about the importance of accepting the Sahaabah’s understanding of the Qur’aan, and as one of my examples, I quoted the verse, “And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed is a kaafir.” Then followed it by Ibn ‘Abbaas’ statement, “It is a form of kufr less than real kufr.” Then I put in my footnote that the position of scholars is that when the ruler believes that man-made laws are better than or as good as the Sharee’ah, or that it is permissible to rule by them, then is a kaafir. Whereas if he applies man-made laws while believing that it is sinful to do so, then he is a major sinner but does not leave the fold of Islaam. I ended the footnote asking the reader to refer to at-Tah-theer min Fitnah at-Takfeer by Shaykh al-Albaanee, who, as I wrote, “provides copious documentation from the statements of classical and modern salafee scholars to support his position.” (p. 38) In my book Tafseer Soorah al-Mulk, which is complete and on the way to being published inshaa’Allaah, I included the entire section on the categories of kufr from Shaykh Khaalid al-‘Anbaree’s book The Fundamentals of Takfeer. And I again made clear statements there opposing takfeer and revolt against the rulers. And my position is and has been that of Shaykh al-Albaanee’s and the other scholars, the position of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa‘ah: that one cannot claim someone to be a kaafir due to a major sin he has committed, and that we cannot make takfeer on Muslim rulers if they do not rule by Sharee‘ah, for the ruler’s aqeedah as to whether or not it is permissible for him to rule by man-made laws or whether or not man-made laws are better, is something which only he and Allaah know the reality of. So we take him to be a Muslim, and the Prophet (pbuh) clearly forbade revolt against Muslim rulers in many ahaadeeth, and ordered that they be obeyed in other than disobedience to Allaah. Furthermore, Muslims should not publicly and openly speak out against the Muslim rulers and governments as it only creates fitnah and incites the masses of Muslims to act upon emotion and ignorance by creating chaos or plotting revolt against rulers. In addition, the only way for the Muslims to attain their honor and glory once again, and reach the level wherein the Muslim world can rule totally according to Sharee’ah, free of all forms of shirk, bid’ah, or oppression, is, as Shaykh al-Albaane spent his life teaching, by tasfiyah and tarbiyah. That is, that the deen be purified from all forms of shirk, bid’ah, hizbiyyah, blind-following, the use of inauthentic hadeeths, etc., and it be understood and practiced in the pristine form it was revealed in, according to the understanding of the righteous salaf, the Sahaabah primarily and the next two generations. Their way, in all affairs (aqeedah, methodology, fiqh, manners, understanding, etc.) is superior to all those who came after them. Then we must educate ourselves, families, then everyone else upon this purified religion. There are my positions in black and white before anyone who reads this, so as not to attribute to me to an ‘aqeedah and minhaj that I am in fact innocent of.
Source

Curaezipirid
11-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Waram,

If a person is not happy about Bilal Phillips writing that 'when we can not stop an oppressive leader we should make Du'a against their oppression': why then surely the simple solution is to make Du'a against Bilal Phillips having written that!

If any folk would like to know any matter about Aboriginal Australia from within the empirical set of references that are historical documents:

can I promote the writing of Henry Reynolds as the best history made for a western European way of thinking about Aboriginal Australia.

waram

Umar001
11-10-2006, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
If a person is not happy about Bilal Phillips writing that 'when we can not stop an oppressive leader we should make Du'a against their oppression': why then surely the simple solution is to make Du'a against Bilal Phillips having written that!

Rathre Brother Bilal Philips has spoken about it and apologised and is making the neccesary changes.

north_malaysian
11-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Road to Mecca by Muhammad Asad

Sheikh_Jamal
12-27-2006, 07:40 AM
May I point out few interesting and useful resources outside the traditional Tafsir (as we would consider it):

A Word for Word Meaning of the Qur'an

by: Muhammad Mohar Ali
publisher: Jam'iyat Ihyaa Minhaaj al-Sunnah (JIMAS) 2004
Pages: 2096 (in 3 paperback volumes)
http://www.islamicbookstore.com/b7894.html

There is also new item of similar kind "Word for Word" by Muhammad Muhsin Khan, but it gives only one english meaning for each arabic word, while this one above, gives a rich amount of details with a minimum of information and matters of opinion outside the Qur'an.

Best luck!
shk jml

FollowingAlhuda
12-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Comment of the Abou Ubayd Al-Jaabirie about Bilal Phillips

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmes...=562&keywords=

aby5y
12-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Salam..Yeah ave seen Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips on Peace TV. I think that it is Zakir Naik's Channel. Hes good Alhamdulila!

FollowingAlhuda
12-27-2006, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aby5y
Salam..Yeah ave seen Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips on Peace TV. I think that it is Zakir Naik's Channel. Hes good Alhamdulila!
He is Masha Allah, but i have to know if there's a Djarh made by the scolars about him before i praise him!

aby5y
12-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Im not sure...

FollowingAlhuda
12-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Brother, I totally agree with you, no doubt. But, Bilal Philips has actually done tawbah about that and removed that part from the bok, wa lilahil hamd.
I don't know do you have the Ta'deel of him? When somebody get's a Sharh he has to go to the one who gave him the Sharh in this case Sheikh/Allama Abou Oubayd Al-Jaabirie.

Before i can beliefe you put a Ta'deel about him!

Djazaako Allah Ghair

FollowingAlhuda
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aby5y
Im not sure...
Assalamo Aleikom,

All the scollars agree that before you listen or study at a da'ee you first have to do some research about this person.

In this case some information about Bilal Phillips

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmes...=562&keywords=

Wassalam

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathulahi Warbarakathuhu

i respect Bilal Philpis

Ma'assalama

Abu Zakariya
12-27-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
I don't know do you have the Ta'deel of him? When somebody get's a Sharh he has to go to the one who gave him the Sharh in this case Sheikh/Allama Abou Oubayd Al-Jaabirie.

Before i can beliefe you put a Ta'deel about him!

Djazaako Allah Ghair
I was simply responding to what was said about his book. Yes, there was an error in it, but he has made tawbah and removed that part. As for him in general, he studied in the Islamic university in Medina and is a caller to the way of the Salaf.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-27-2006, 09:08 PM

Members are reminded not to backbite the scholors.

And a general warning against that salafitalk/troid site. This was said about this site:

You will come to learn of the nonsense of TROID (salafitalk.net) and their absurd slander of almost every Da'ee you can think of in the west. To find out how stupid their claims are, go and see what they said about Shaykh Sudais from Masjidul-Haram. These lunatics claimed he was a deviant, why? Because he attended the ISNA conference in North America one time and some of the people involved in ISNA are from the jama't tableegh, and some people in the Jama't tableegh practice Bid'ah ->therefore sudais is deviant and misguided and needs to publiclly repent. ?!?!? They actually post up names of da'ees that they hear just so the others can start looking for dirt on them. And they are so stupid that they sell Muhammad Al-Jibaly's books in their bookstore, even though on that forum they also attack him as a deviant. These people really should not be paid attention to.

FollowingAlhuda
12-28-2006, 06:40 AM
I was simply responding to what was said about his book. Yes, there was an error in it, but he has made tawbah and removed that part. As for him in general, he studied in the Islamic university in Medina and is a caller to the way of the Salaf.
Salaamo Aleikom,

Djazaako Allaho ghairan.
Do you have a link on nthe internet that shows others that he have made tawba? Sorry i just want to be carefull before i say you can take knowledge from him.

Another thing... when somebody studies in Saoedi it does not mean he is the one that you can take knowledge from. As example here in Holland there are many, but a few that have a pure Aqeedah and Manhadj according to the Salaf.
A better example is a student of Sheikh Al-Albaani(Rahimaho Allah) named Abu Ishaaq Al-Howayni (May Allah lead him in his straight path). Sheikh Albaani was his teacher but right before he died, he said to the people it is better to not take knowledge from him. At fisrt he was a good student but later he began to have diffrences in his Aqeedah.

And brother we bolth know that the salaf did not have Igtilaaf in their Manhadj nor Aqeedah.

That's why i ask you could you show me his tawbah. (It has to be pernounced to the big scollars). Otherwise the tawbah will not remove the Djarh. This At your proove there has to be a confirmation of the scollars. Insha Allah that will be no problem.

Djazaako Allah Gheiran

Wassalam

FollowingAlhuda
12-28-2006, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Al Ansari

Members are reminded not to backbite the scholors.

And a general warning against that salafitalk/troid site. This was said about this site:

You have to know the article that i put is written by the big scollars.
I do not backbite scollars (Staghfierollah). But if you point out to Bilal Phillips when you say scolar i do not agree with you. (He also wil not)

You have to know de djarh has been maid by big time scollars. If you do not believe the website, call the scollar himself. He is Alhamdolilah very much alife. His name is Abou Oubayd Al-Jabirie.
And if Bilal (Hafidaho Allah) has sure made tawbah (i do not say it isn't so, just need confirmation) the Sheikh will say so. Because after all the djarh has to be gone!

I hope you can understand my point. I'm not giving MY opinion about him, i just say some facts that have been in the last years. May Allah make the true path easy for us.

Wassalam

Abu Zakariya
01-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Do you have a link on nthe internet that shows others that he have made tawba?
This is from his website:

POINT SIX: Regarding the statement in my book The Fundamentals of Tawheed (written some 18 years ago and first published 10 years ago), which implies that people should speak out against the rulers who rule by other than the Sharee’ah, as well as another (which was not pointed out to me by the brothers but by my wife) in Tafseer Soorah al-Hujuraat (written more than twenty-one years ago), which encourages plotting against Muslim governments not implementing Sharee’ah, I have abandoned such false beliefs long ago and unfortunately, was not aware that some remained in my old books. I openly retract those statements, and had someone bothered to inform me of them and advise me, I would have changed them immediately. They will be changed with the next publications inshaa’Allaah, and I will further retract these statements on my web page and state the correct view regarding the rulers, inshaa’Allaah.

I have never had a problem accepting a mistake once proof comes to the contrary and changing it. But did these brothers ever sit with me and sincerely advise me about these “many mistakes”? Did they ask to meet with me, which I would have done gladly, and say, ‘In such and such a book, you made such and such an erroneous statement. The following evidence is to the contrary’, etc.? That would have been much appreciated.

As for his 'Aqeedah, just take a look at some of the books he has written:

* A Commentary on Ibn Qudaamahs Radiance of Faith
* The Book of Monotheism (Commentary on Kitab al-Tawhid)
* The Fundamentals of Tawheed

As for his manhaj, this is from his website:

the noble Salafee manhaj, the only way to attain success

zaria
01-08-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NooralHaya
oh mashaAllah, abu ameenah has some real good stuff. any books of his in particular?

Salaam's

Islamic studies vol 1thru 4

The Ruler
01-08-2007, 09:39 PM

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are quite good too...a must read...very recommended.

Musaafirah
01-08-2007, 09:53 PM
hope i can mention unislamic books..
one of which is "The curious incident of the dog in the night" (Can't remember the author), and "the life of pi" by yan martel..
and loads of others...

Muslim Woman
02-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

hehe , yap i was also thinking that .....all i saw is a camel in the desert :D

i was wondering about that :p

I recommend this book.

The True Message of Jesus Christ Written by Dr. Bilal Philips

Audio link:

http://www.islaam.com/audio/lectures/bp/index.html

dougmusr
02-06-2007, 04:23 AM
"In the presence of My Enemies" by Gracia Burnham

snakelegs
02-06-2007, 05:41 AM
the true believer by eric hoffer.

edil
02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Salams everyone....
I would really recommend the book "YOU CAN BE THE HAPPIEST WOMEN IN THE WORLD" By:Dr.A'id al Qarni Masha'allah its really nice book especially for the females its full of quotes that carry a lot of wisdom and guides you on how you can be the happiest women in the world.

Helena
02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
lately been reading this particular book...mashAllah very detailed with evidential info from the quran and hadiths....

deen_2007
02-06-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks every1 for the recomendation of the books......

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-09-2007, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
lately been reading this particular book...mashAllah very detailed with evidential info from the quran and hadiths....

An excellent book indeed! I was very pleased when they translated it and published it 2006. Inshaa'Allah Dar-us-Salam will continue to come out with high quality publications.

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 07:16 AM

^What is it about?

Pk_#2
02-09-2007, 08:50 AM
The end of the world?

Hmm!

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

^What is it about?
:salamext:

I think the bit in white gives it away.:D

The third book in the Classical Knowledge Series is out!!!!!!

"The Superiority of the Knowledge of the Predecessors
over the Knowledge of the Successors"

Being a translation of the book "Fadlu 'Ilm-is-Salaf 'alaa 'Ilm-il-Khakaf"
By Al-Haafidh Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbalee
Classical Knowledge Series Book 3

80 pages, 6x9 in.
Book includes 10-page appendix with another treatise from Imaam Ibn Rajab: "A Condemnation of the Hardening of the Heart."
Price: $6.00 (retail)

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Awesome read, very informative:

"The criterion between the allies of the Most Merciful and the allies of the devil" By Shaikh-ul-Islam Ibn Taimiyyah

The small section about who the devils us 'miracles' to deceive people freaked me out big time lol.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM

I'm also reading this at the moment:

It's been very beneficial.:)

Umar001
02-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Is it possible that if anyone lives in london and has these books they can pm me informing me where they got them Please.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-09-2007, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Awesome read, very informative:

"The criterion between the allies of the Most Merciful and the allies of the devil" By Shaikh-ul-Islam Ibn Taimiyyah

The small section about who the devils us 'miracles' to deceive people freaked me out big time lol.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ies-devil.html

The Ruler
02-11-2007, 08:04 PM

the book i highly recommend is the Argos Catalogue...dated spring/summer 2007...you can find all sorts of things in there :thumbs_up

Snowflake
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
A summary of Islamic Jurisprudence (Vol. 1 & 2)

By Dr. Salih Al-Fawzan - Professor of Islamic Jurisprudence, Member of the Board of Senior Ulema & member of the permanent fatwa and research.

Covers the following:
Vol. 1
Purification
Prayer
Zakkah
Fasting
Hajj
Jihad

Vol. 2
Transactions
Inheritance
Marriage
Divorce
Legal punishments
Food
oaths
Judiciary

Kittygyal
02-12-2007, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

the book i highly recommend is the Argos Catalogue...dated spring/summer 2007...you can find all sorts of things in there :thumbs_up

salamualikum.
lol why not index lol
Ma'assalama :p

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Methodology of the Saved Sect

By Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Jameel Zaynoo

seeker_of_ilm
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Muhammad: Man and Prophet (Adil M Salahi)

And Islamic Creed Series by Umar S.Al-Ashqar, has 8 Volumes on the topics:

• Belief in Allah
  • Divine will and predestination
  • The World of the Jinn and Devils
  • The Messengers and the Messages
  • The Minor Resurrection (What happens after death)
  • The Day of Resurrection
  • Paradise and Hell
  • The world of the Noble Angels

Kittygyal
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Muhammad: Man and Prophet (Adil M Salahi)

And Islamic Creed Series by Umar S.Al-Ashqar, has 8 Volumes on the topics:

• Belief in Allah
  • Divine will and predestination
  • The World of the Jinn and Devils
  • The Messengers and the Messages
  • The Minor Resurrection (What happens after death)
  • The Day of Resurrection
  • Paradise and Hell
  • The world of the Noble Angels

salamualikum.
were can i get that book from OMG i wnat it.
Ma'assalama

REDA
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
it is fine

Shukria
02-15-2007, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
were can i get that book from OMG i wnat it.
Ma'assalama
Here you go Ukhti:
The Seerah of Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam:
http://onlineislamicstore.com/b7111.html

Kittygyal
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
Here you go Ukhti:
The Seerah of Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam:
http://onlineislamicstore.com/b7111.html

salamualikum.
shukran ukthi sooo much, but can't i go get it myself instead of them delivering it to me by post:?
Ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
:sl: Sins and their evil effects by Ibn Qayyim al Jawzi :w:

Umu 'Isa
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I recommend this book:

subhanAllah it is such an iman booster :cry:

Umu 'Isa
02-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Also the book, 'I Want to Repent, But...' by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Online version

جوري
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I recommend this book
http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Inte...e=UTF8&s=books

I especially recommend it for people whom I see often reacting to posts of upsetting nature...
and 2nd book called http://www.amazon.com/Female-Brain-L...e=UTF8&s=books

fantastic read, highly recommend it, especially if you want to know how men and women have different circuitry.. you see how testesterone during embryological development shoots to frontal brain in men, and how women's hippocampus is more devloped than men, it is the part of the brain responsible for language and emotions and consolidation of memory. Frontal brain is responsible for executive decisions. The doc who wrote the book will have another one out soon the counterpart of this entitled the male-brain...

this last book is also good but I don't give it great ratings only because the author, though lebanese in origin seems to have been influenced greatly by anti ADHD medication. I don't recommend that anyone who reads and thinks whoa that is me to just go running to the doc for a prescription of methylphenidate.. but I do believe that you can modify your behavior greately just by understanding the nature of your emotions and setting your mind to really control your mind....
thank you

NoName55
02-21-2007, 04:54 AM
A good starting point for all should be Kitaab at-Tawheed

FollowingAlhuda
02-21-2007, 04:55 PM

[IMG]http://salafibookstore.com/sbs/imgbooks/*******_Myth.jpg[/IMG]

Lina
02-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Ok, i'm kidding, here's a good book:

Shukria
02-21-2007, 11:45 PM
^Mashallah. That's a beneficial book..Got it - a must for every muslim.
People should buy it in order to really learn how to pray.

Lina
02-22-2007, 06:49 PM

It's more so a book to perfect your prayer as to how the prophet Muhammed sallah Allah alayhi wa sallam prayed Insha'Allah.

zaria
02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Salaam's
I recommend the Sealed Nectar and the wives of the Prophet (saw)

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
I recommend the this book

strider
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM
If anybody is into crime fiction, be sure to check out Jeffery Deaver. He is an absolute genius, IMO.

Oh, and Shakespeare wouldn't go amiss either. :p Great stuff.

Muslim Woman
02-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Salaam/peace

A revert bro recommended this book.

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1171954103373&ampssbinarytrue  -

In the Belly of the Whale

In the noble Qur'an, we read that Yunus (p) "cried through the darkness." He realized that Almighty Allah, not he, was in control of things.

He cries out, "there is no god but You," and asks for help. In asking for help, his prayer is heard.

There is a very beautiful book, called Stories of the Prophets, written in the Middle Ages by Hafez ibn Kathir. It is easily available and well worth reading. In it, Ibn Kathir has a moving commentary on this part of Yunus's story.

He says that once Yunus admits that there is no god but Allah and that only Allah can save him, something wonderful happens.

First, the whale begins to sing the praises of Allah, then all the little fish around it, then all the creatures of the sea, each in its own way, until there is a great chorus of praise.

The whale swims up to the surface and ejects Yunus onto the shore. Just as Allah had used it to save Yunus from the storm and from drowning in the sea, so He also uses it to bring Yunus safely to land again.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...th%2FYTELayout

Idris Tawfiq is a British Muslim writer who lives and works in Egypt. ...... before embracing Islam he was a Roman Catholic priest. You can visit website at www.idristawfiq.com.

Muslim Woman
02-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Salaam/peace

format_quote Originally Posted by zaria
Salaam's
I recommend the Sealed Nectar and the wives of the Prophet (saw)

&&

here is the link to read the book

AR-RaheeQ Al-Makhtum (THE SEALED NECTAR)- Memoirs of the Noble Prophet

http://www.al-sunnah.com/nektar

Author: Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri - Jamia Salafia - India-

Translated by : Issam Diab

The Sunnah Islamic Page
Contact Us
P.O.Box: 28774 Safat
State Of Kuwait

Umu 'Isa
02-27-2007, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah
I recommend this book:

By Dr.Naaha Ibrahim, Asim Abdul Maajid & Essam-ud-Deen Darbaalah.

In this book the authors outlined a complete methodology for Islamic work in this day. From Aqeedah to Dawah to Jihad to Khilafah and Taqwa to Sabr, they have explained how all of these parts come together for the sole objective of every Muslim to seek the pleasure of Allah.

You can download this book from here: http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/AllahsPleasure.pdf

sarah85
02-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Milestones by syed Qutb is a good read! And if ur talking non islamic then Harry Potter :p

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
you can be the happiest woman in the world by 3aa'idh al-qarni

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-27-2007, 02:01 PM

I've been meaning to buy this for some time. I still have some other books to finish though.

You can buy it here, or you can try your local Islamic book store.

:wasalamex

FollowingAlhuda
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sarah85
Milestones by syed Qutb is a good read! And if ur talking non islamic then Harry Potter :p
Salamo Aleikom Sister,

It is better for you and all other brothers and sisters to not take your knowledge from this man.

This will insha Allah explain why.. Baraka Allaho Fiek
http://spubs.com/sps/sp.cfm?secID=ND...subsection.cfm

These are all articles with information about this man. Information from the major schollars walhamdulilah

Wassalam

Snowflake
02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
MashaAllah, some excellent recommendations there.

format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

Got this one.. very informative mashaAllah.

I recommend 'A Guide to What is Permissable & What is Forbidden in Islam' - Shiekh Mahmood H Rashid. Extremely beneficial and in easy to understand English. :thumbs_up

sarah85
02-28-2007, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
Salamo Aleikom Sister,

It is better for you and all other brothers and sisters to not take your knowledge from this man.

This will insha Allah explain why.. Baraka Allaho Fiek
http://spubs.com/sps/sp.cfm?secID=ND...subsection.cfm

These are all articles with information about this man. Information from the major schollars walhamdulilah

Wassalam

wsalam :)

I am aware that Syed Qutb is not 100% correct in his views and teachings but a lot of what he says is inspiring and true and we can take a lesson from it.
Anyone whether of a different school of thought or whether a christian, jew or muslim can still give valid points even if there religion may not be correct. Do we not all take lessons from and take to heart english quotes or sayings which are mostly from non muslims or even atheists but that doesnt mean they cannot be right in some aspects or that they cannot give valid words of advice.
Lots of recommendations in this thread are written by non muslims. If we can take our knowledge from them then we can surely take it from a fellow muslim. Syed Qutb may not be right in his 'aqeeda' but in general in this book he does follow the Quran and sunnah.

I hope that people are not put off by regarding someones way of life as incorrect but first listen to what they have to say. It could be that lots of the time what they are saying could be beneficial to us. But i know that some people with little knowledge may be led astray if they pick up a book that is not of the correct teaching therefore i would recommend any such book to be read with that in mind.

InshAllah God increase our knowledge so we would be able to differentiate further between right and wrong teachings and not be led astray and also help us to make use of all the knowledge in the world. Ameen :)

FollowingAlhuda
02-28-2007, 12:47 PM
wsalam :)

I am aware that Syed Qutb is not 100% correct in his views and teachings but a lot of what he says is inspiring and true and we can take a lesson from it.
Anyone whether of a different school of thought or whether a christian, jew or muslim can still give valid points even if there religion may not be correct. Do we not all take lessons from and take to heart english quotes or sayings which are mostly from non muslims or even atheists but that doesnt mean they cannot be right in some aspects or that they cannot give valid words of advice.
Lots of recommendations in this thread are written by non muslims. If we can take our knowledge from them then we can surely take it from a fellow muslim. Syed Qutb may not be right in his 'aqeeda' but in general in this book he does follow the Quran and sunnah.

I hope that people are not put off by regarding someones way of life as incorrect but first listen to what they have to say. It could be that lots of the time what they are saying could be beneficial to us. But i know that some people with little knowledge may be led astray if they pick up a book that is not of the correct teaching therefore i would recommend any such book to be read with that in mind.

InshAllah God increase our knowledge so we would be able to differentiate further between right and wrong teachings and not be led astray and also help us to make use of all the knowledge in the world. Ameen :)

Salamo Aleikom sis,

I think your not aware of the science of Jarh Wa Ta3deel. I know there are enough book from non-mislims. But are those ISlam books? No sis. Listen if sayid Qutb has a lot of jarhs mufassals we should not take anuthing of him. Whether he has a good thing in it or not.
I will give you an example. If you boke a leg you go to a dentist? No, you go to a doctor specified in breakings. You know what i'm saying? If you takle you ilm from somewhere, take it pure and free from innovations. Cuzz how can YOU find the errors if you don't know them. You will think that's something good from islam. You cannot see the danger in it.

Well what i'm trying to say is. Please call any of the big schollars in Saudi, and they will warn you, just like i did.

Wassalam

FollowingAlhuda
02-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Just like me and you sis. We have no knowledhge. The fact that you read his book says a lot.

Wa Allahul Musta3aan

Maimunah
02-28-2007, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

I've been meaning to buy this for some time. I still have some other books to finish though.

You can buy it here, or you can try your local Islamic book store.

inshaAllah i will buy it:w:

The Ruler
03-03-2007, 12:03 PM

the honor of women in islam by yusuf da costa

and ibn taymyah's fatwas for muslim women

jzcasejz
03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Muharramat (Forbidden Matters Some People Take Lightly)
by Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid

Discussion of various topics, including:
# Shirk (associating partners in worship with Allah)
# Grave-worship
# Magic, fortune telling, and divination
# Astrology
# Showing off in worship
# Superstitious beliefs and omens
# Swearing by something other than Allah
# Sitting with hypocrites and wrongdoers to enjoy
# Lack of composure in prayer
# Sodomy, homosexuality
# Zina (fornication, and adultery)
# Dihar
# Non-mahram relations

And 50 other topics.
^^ A Small Book...But Quite Surprising As To How Many Answers It Contains...That Author Is Really Good :)

omar_2133
03-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Letts KS3 Success Revision - Maths Levels 5-8

This is one of those few Maths Revision books for KS3 SATS that succeeds in presenting information really clearly and in a visually appealing way which actually make the facts stick into your head, compared to lots of other Maths Revision books on the market.

Umm Yoosuf
06-06-2007, 04:02 PM

I brought this book (Who's in for Iraaq?). Masha Allah its excellent I recommend others to buy it:

http://www.salafimanhaj.com/pdf/Sala....pdf:wasalamex

Mesmerise
06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Id recommend 'Sealed Nectar'- a wonderful biography of the Prophet SAW and also Stories of Repentance,i cant remember the author to that at the mo :)

jzcasejz
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
^ Yep. It's a well known book.

The author is: Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri

Sunnih
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum. Forgive me brothers and sisters if I am repeating any of the books that you might have mentioned before but I confess that I did not read all the posts in this thread. However even if they have been already recommended it is worth repeating them again:D

(Alla the books I will mention are also translated in English al-hamdulilah)

First of all the Qur'an

Then "The three fundamental principles" by sheikh ul-Islam Muhamed ibn Abdul-Wahab and it's explanation by sheikh Abdur-Rahman ibn Muhammed ibn Qasim and Muhamed ibn Salih el-Uthaymeen. Then:

Kitab et-Tawhid again from Abdul-Wahab and it's explanation Fat'h el Majeed with the footnotes and explanations of sheikh Ibn Bazz. There is also the version without the comments of Ibn Bazz. Then:

Kashf esh-shubuhat fi tawhid from Abdul-Wahab and you will find it in english translated by Ammar Yasir Qadhi as A critical study of shirk. Then:

Masail ul jahiliyah from Abdul-Wahab and explained by sheikh Salih el-Fawzan as "An explanation of the aspects of the days of ignorance". then:

El-Aqidatil- wasatiyah of sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyah and it's explanation from sheikh Muhammed Khalil Harras and also from sheikh Muhamed ibn Salih el-Uthaymeen. Then:

El-Aqidatil hamawiyah again from Ibn Taymiyah and it's explanation from sheikh Uthaymeen. Then

El-Aqidatil-tadmuriyah from Ibn Taymiyah and it's explanation (I do not know if available in english) by sheikh Uthaymeen. then:

El-Aqidatil-tahawiyah by Tahawi and it's explanation from Ibn Ebi'l-Izz el-hanafi and also from sheikh Ibn Bazz and Salih el-Fawzan. then:

The sufficancy in creed of Imam ibn Qudamah el-Maqdisi and it's explanation from sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen. Then:

Foundations of the sunnah of Imam Ahmed. then any such books like that Imam Barbahari and others. then:

Exemplary foundations concerning the Beautyful Names and Attributes of Allah of sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen. then:

The names and attributes of Allah of sheikh Sulayman el-Ashqar. then

Kitab ul-iman of Ibn Taymiyah. then any books from Ibn Taymiyah and Ibn Kajjim. Also books in hadith begining with Sahih el-Bukhari and Muslim and so on.

These are but a few books mentioned and are all in english al-hamdulilah and whoever has read them will agree with me that until you have read and digested them, you really do not know anything about our deen except general stuff. These books will help a lot. By Allah, if anyone had to travel for half of his/her life to obtain them and spent the other half studying them and understanding them while acting upon them, he/she would have fulfilled his/her obligation of seeking knowledge.

Wa salamu alaikum wa rahimatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Abu Muslim
06-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Bulagh Al Maram by al Hafiz Ibn Hajar al asqalani, top class book that is masha'Allah

A compilation of ahadeeth but more fiqh centered..*smiles*

MustafaMc
06-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Many years ago I read and liked Jonathan Livingston Seagull written by Richard Bach.

I recently read The Sealed Nectar - Biography of the Noble Prophet written by Safiur-Rahman Al-Mubaralpuri.

Re.TiReD
06-17-2007, 03:05 PM
:sl: 'you can be the happiest woman in the world' by Dr.A'id al Qarni...really good masha'Allah. I want the E-book if anyone knows where I can get it...anyone..? :w:

ilm.seeker
06-25-2007, 07:54 AM

Br.Osman try this one

Read it Online here

There was another book on the Prophet Muhammad (saw) It was by Martin Lings...

Or browse through other ones HERE

ilm.seeker
06-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Here are excellent Aqeeda & Fiqh related books, which you can read/download

Aqeeda & Fiqh - Download E-Books

Switch to - [ Articles ] - [ Audio ]

Islamic Creed Based on Qur'an and Sunnah - Muhammab bin Jamil Zeeno [PDF] - 63 Pages
Teacher in Dar Al-Hadeeth Al-Khairiyyah,Makkah Al-Mukarramah
Dar Al-Khair Publishers and Distributors of Islamic Books
In this book, all important and fundamental aspects of Islam are described in an easy form of question/answer, so that the basic concepts may be inscribed in the minds of the readers.

200 FAQ - in Aqeedah - Sheikh Hafiz Al-Hakamy [PDF]
Dar Al-Manarah Publications
From Author: This is a summarized book which I hope to be of great benefit to the reader. This book includes the basics of religion and principles of Islamic Monotheism. It shows the Straight Path of the True Religion (Islam). It covers what follows: Iman (Faith), its characteristics and what nullifies or demolishes it. Each statement is supported by clear-cut proofs. I focused on the views of the People of the Sunnah and discarded those of the heretics and deviators from the Straight Path. I mentioned the latter's only when I intended to refute and knock them down. I organized it in the form of questions and answers to draw the attention of the kind reader.

The Authentic Creed & The Invalidators of Islam - Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz - Publisher: Darussalam Publishers & Distributors (2000)
The most important matter for every Muslim is the correctness of his beliefs. Islam established on the basis of sound creed and it opposes all false superstitions and erroneous systems of belief. Thus, it is essential for every Muslim to make certain that his belief are correct and in accordance with the Quran and authentic Sunnah of the Prophet (S). This small but important book covers all basic information and we hope that readers will recognize the importance of this treaties by Shaikh Ibn Baz. Contents: Belief in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day, & in the Divine Destiny, and Invalidators of Islam.

The Path to Guidance - by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah [PDF]
Paperback: 132 Pages - Published: 2000 (reprint 2007)

The Creed Of The Imaam Of Hadeeth , Imaam Al-Bukhaaree - 42 pages - [PDF]
Author: Abu 'Iyaad Amjad Ibn Muhammad Rafiq, Abu Talhah Ibn Dawood Ronald Burbank (translators) - Publisher: Salafi Publications - Pages: 147
Before you, O reader, may Allaah guide you to His pleasure, is a compilation of the Creed and Methodology of the great Imaam and Scholar of the Prophetic Traditions and the Religion, Al-Bukhaaree, may Allaah have Mercy upon him. Imaam Al-Bukhaaree is the author of the famous work of Hadeeth (Prophetic Tradition) known as 'Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree'. This work is considered by the scholars of Orthodox Islaam to be the most authentic book after the Qur'aan. When Imaam Al-Bukhaaree speaks, the Ummah pays attention, since he is from the most knowledgeable of the people of the earth regarding the way of the Messenger Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wassallam). Imaam Al-Bukhaaree states that he spent over forty-six years travelling around the various Islaamic lands, benefiting from the scholars of his time. He met over a thousand scholars, and took knowledge from and imparted knowledge to them. So after he mentions many of the places he visited and the names of the scholars he met, he states, "And we are content with the naming of these people so that this discourse may be brief and concise and is not lengthened. And I never sa w a single one amongst them differ with respect to the following matters..". Imaam Al-Bukhaaree then proceeds to state and explain the matters of Faith and Methodology of the Salaf (Righteous Predecessors) of this Muslim nation. This book is a translation of that treatise narrated from Imaam Al-Bukhaaree contained in the encyclopedia of the 'Aqeedah known as "Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaa'ah" (Explanation Of The Fundamentals Of The Creed Of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaa'ah) of Imaam Al-Laalikaa'ee (Died 418 AH). So this book, O Muslim, is a translation of some of the points of the Creed of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaa'ah. The text is as relevant today as it was over one thousand years ago, if not more so, since confusion regarding matters of Manhaj and 'Aqeedah (Methodology and Creed) has increased. So know that success lies in sticking to the way of the Salaf as Imaam Maalik Bin Anas (Died 179 AH) said, "The latter part of this Ummah will not be rectified except by that which rectified its earliest part". So compare the speech of Imaam Al-Bukhaaree contained in this treatise to the speech of the callers to Islaam today, and you will see who in reality is in accordance to Islaam as it was understood by the earliest generations.

The Creed of the Four Imaams - Muhammad Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan al-Khumayyis [Book]
Publisher: The Revival of Islamic Da'wah : TROID (Canada) Pages: 153

From the publisher -- This ground-breaking first publication spans 154 pages and is based upon the original work of Dr. Muhammad Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan al-Khumayyis. The book proves the important, yet often overlooked point, that despite whatever differences the Imaams had in their fiqh, their creed was one and the same in almost all issues. Many narrations are brought from the past and present day Scholars showing that the path to Allaah is one. Detailed biographies have been provided for each of the four Imaams from ancient authentic sources. Additionally, many doubts cast over the creed and lives of the Imaams have been uncovered, and the Creed of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah has been exonerated.

Suffieciency in Creed - Text - by Imam Muwaffaq-ud-Deen Ibn Qudamaah Al-Maqdisee [PDF] - 32 Pages
This book is the translation of Lum'at-ul-'Tiqaad.Al-Ibaanah Book Publishing.
[Purchase] The Explanation of Sufficiency in Creed - Shaikh Muhammad bin Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen
Shaikh Muhammad bin Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen said: "This is a brief commentary of the book Lumat-ul-Itigaad, written by Abu Muhammad Abdullaah bin Ahmad Ibn Qudaamah AI-Magdisee (rahimahullaah), who was born in Shabaan in 541 H in a village from the districts of Nablis (present-day Palestine) and who died on the day of Eed-ul-Fitr in 620H.
In this book, the author (rahimahullaah) gathered together the main points of the Islaamic Creed (Aqeedah). For this reason, the Board of the Educational Institutes assigned this book to be studied and taught during the second semester of the first year of study, so that it may serve as a pillar upon which one can establish his Creed at this stage.
Because I saw the importance of this book in terms of the topics it touches upon, its methodology and the lack of there being any explanation for it, I became determined, while seeking assistance from Allaah and hoping that He grant me correctness in intention and action, to put forth some words on it, in the attempt to clarify its ambiguous parts, explain its meanings and bring to light its main points."

The Three Fundamental Principles - Text - Abdul Wahab - al-ibannah - 22 Pages - [PDF]
[Audio] Explanation of 'The Three Fundamental Principles' - by Brother Abû 'Abdis-Salâm - islaam.net
10 Part Series - Part 01 | 02 | 0304| 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09|10 |

The Path to Attaining Clarification reagrding Three Fundamental Priciples - by Shaykh Rabee bin Hadee Al-Madkhalee [PDF] 114 Pages
So this book called al-Usooluth-Thalaathah is from the best books of ’aqeedah (creed) for the seeker of knowledge who is at the beginners level, or at an intermediate level. That means that no one from amongst the students of knowledge is without need of it for the explanation of the correct ’aqeedah and whatever opposes it. Rather, no one from amongst the Muslims under obligation is free of need from it. So it is built to be memorized and have its meaning understood, and it is also befitting of being taught by the teachers and Scholars, not to mention that the issue of ’aqeedah discussed herein are of an introductory nature, with respect to the knowledge of the Islaamic ’aqeedah, which should be studied before every other book.

Four Basic Principles of Tawheed - Text - Abdul Wahhab - 4 Pages - [PDF]

Sharh Aqeedatut-Tahaawiyyah - The Text - by Imam Tahawi ( Imam Ali Ibn Abi al `Izz al Hanafi )
This is an exposition of the beliefs Of Ahl us Sunnah wal Jama'h in accordance with the way of the jurists Of Islam: Abu Hanifa al-Nu'man bin thabit Al-kufi, Abu Yusuf Ya'qub bin Ibrahim AI-Ansari, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin AI-Hasan Al-Shaibani (May Allah be pleased with them all) and this is what they believe about the fundamentals of the religion and the belief they profess about the Creator of the worlds.
Explanation of Al aqeeda Al Tahawiya - by Abdur-Ra’uf Shakir
Concise Notes on Aqeedah at-Tahawiyyah - Part1-5 - 19p [ Part6] - by Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan [PDF]
Questions on Al-‘Aqeedah At-Tahaawiyyah - By Abu Abdir Rahmaan Nasser ibn Najam Alvi [PDF] - Using the explanation by Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan
A carefully devised series of questions and answers based on the classical work of ‘Aqeedah by Imaam At-Tahaawee. An excellent study aid for those who wish to learn and test themselves upon the principles of the ‘Aqeedah and manhaj of Ahlus-Sunnah.

Sharh Al-Aqeedat-il-Wasitiyah - by Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
Sheikh-ul-Islam's book Al-Aqeedat Al-Wasitiyah deals with the perfect and undefiled Islamic Faith and Creed of the As-Salaf-As-Salih (Pious Predecessors) particularly in regards to Allah's names and attributes, with solid arguments in brief words and terminology. The book is highly appreciated by the scholars for its brevity as well as comprehensiveness; and for its contents produced perfectly in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah in an appealing and manifest manner.

Creed of Hamawiyyah - by Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah - from Salafi Publications.com
One of the works on this subject is his "al-Fatwaa al-Hamawiyyah" which he wrote as an answer to a question presented to him in the Hijrah year of 698 from Hamaah, a place in ash-Shaam. In it, he was asked what the scholars and Imaams of the religion say concerning the Aayaat and the Ahaadeeth of the Sifaat, or the attributes and characteristics of Allaah. So he answered in about 83 pages and due to which, he suffered trials and afflictions. May Allaah reward him on behalf of Islaam and the Muslims with the best of rewards. You can purchase the book here.
[Audio] Aqeedah Al Hamawiyah - [ Part 01] [ Part 02] [ Part 03] [ Part 04] - by Ali At-Timimi

Al Wala Al Bara According to the Aqeeda of Salaaf - by Muhammad Saeed al- Qahtaani [PDF]
Publisher: Al Firdous Publications Ltd. (UK)
Paperback Volumes 1(123 Pages) 2 (240 Pages) & 3 (173 Pages)- 3 Volumes Full Set.
This book was originally submitted in the form of a thesis for Master's Degree to the Department of 'Aqeedah of Umm al-Qorah University in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. It is impossible to provide a literal translation in English of the words al-wala' wa' l-bara', but the meaning of this Arabic term indicates, on the one hand, drawing near to what is pleasing to Allah and his Messenger and, on the other hand, withdrawing from what is displeasing to Allah and His Messenger, may Allah and His Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.

Kitaab Sharh us Sunnah - Al-Barbahaaree - 43p - Trans. Abu Talhah Dawud Burbank [Book]
Explanation of Sharh us-Sunnah of Al-Barbahaari - by Shaykh Allaamah Ahmad An-Najmee - [ PDF ] 28 pages
This is an English translation and Explanation of Imaam al-Barbahaaree's classic work, Sharh as-Sunnah. The book consists of 170 points on different aspects of the Muslim creed. Extensive notes have been provided, giving relevant passages of the Qur'an and authentic sayings of the Prophet. Ample sayings of the early scholars have also been included. In every age, there has been a noble company of scholars who stood firm and expended great efforts in defending the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger and in refuting the people of innovated beliefs, innovation, deviation and misguidance. At the head of them towards the end of the third century and the beginning of the fourth was the Imaam who aided the Sunnah and subdued innovation: Abu Muhammad al-Hasan ibn 'Alee al-Barbahaaree.

The Creed of Ahl us Sunnah Wal Jamah Regarding Companions - by Shaik Abdul Muhsin bin Hamad Al-Abbaad [PDF] - al-ibaanah Publications
This is a translation of a small treatise entitled ’Aqeedatu Ahlis-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah fis-Sahaabat-il-Kiraam (The Creed of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah concerning the Companions) written by Shaikh ‘Abdul-Muhsin Al-‘Abbaad. The source for this treatise was an article the Shaikh wrote for the Islamic University of Madeenah Newsletter (Issue 2 of their fourth year) Shawaal 1391H. This article was distributed together with a transcribed lecture from the Shaikh entitled “Sending Salaat on the Prophet” in a booklet published by the Islamic University of Madeenah.

In this brief presentation, Shaikh Al-‘Abbaad, one of the senior scholars and a Muhaddith in Saudi Arabia, may Allaah preserve him, outlines the proper belief a Muslim should have with regard to the Companions, and that is of moderateness.

So the Muslim should not go to either extreme of being fanatical towards individuals amongst the Companions or being lenient and heedless about the rights they deserve. Rather, it is upon the believer, the adherent of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah, to have love and respect for all of them, as well as to acknowledge their virtues and refrain from mentioning their errors and mishaps. The Shaikh presents the material in a concise but educational manner, quoting numerous ayaat, ahaadeeth and statements of the Salaf.

Principles of Fiqh - Usuul ul Fiqh - Shaykh 'Abdur Rahmaan ibn Nasir as Sa'dee
Basic Rulings and Foundations of Fiqh - Sh. Ibn Sa'di's-Explained - by Saleh as-Saleh [PDF] The Beneficial, Eloquent Classifications and Differentiations
- [Part 01] - [Part 02] - [Part 03] - [Part 04] - [Part 05] - [Part 06] - [Part 07]
Discussion based upon: 1-Sh. Ibn Sa'di's original explanation 2-Our Sh. Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-'Uthaimeen's Commentary, and 3-Full explanation by our Sh. (Dr.) Sami ibn Muhammad As-Sghair
[Audio] Sh. Ibn Sa'di's Basic Rulings and Principles of Fiqh - Foundation - 01 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 -13 & 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - by Saleh as Saleh

Usul ul Fiqh al Islam -- Taha Jabir Al'Awani [ Student Notes here ]
English by Yusuf Talal DeLorenzo - A.S. Al Shaikh-Ali
Publisher: International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) 2003 3rd Revised Edition - Pages: 84 Binding:
Usul al-Fiqh is a science which is deeply embedded in the Islamic experience and one which, thanks to its methods and concerns, helped generate an empirical trend in Muslim cluture, in turn benefitting western thinking. Itself a creation of influences from within and without, al-Usul, often called "the philosophy of Islam," invites both reason and revelation to work for the harmony and well-being of human society.
Although this science is mainly concerned with legal matters, its range and the arsenal of tools it uses makes it attractive to students of Islamic jurisprudence as well as to other scholars of Islamic knowledge and culture. The difficulties it poses are inevitable. This book, however, attempts to simplify this "most important method of research ever devised by Islamic thought" during its most creative period, and bring it to the understanding and appreciation of the modern learner, while underscoring its importance and relevance to the world of Islam today.

Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence ( Fiqh ) - by Dr Mohammad Hashim Kamali - 338 Pages -[Book] [PDF]
(Shaykh Yaser Birjas referred this book - This Book speaks about the rationals of shariah )
Publisher: Islamic Texts Society (UK) 2006 3rd Edition Pages: 546
This third edition of the best-selling title Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence has been completely revised and substantially enlarged. In this work, Professor Kamali offers us the first detailed presentation available in English of the theory of Muslim law (usul al-fiqh). Often regarded as the most sophisticated of the traditional Islamic disciplines, Islamic Jurisprudence is concerned with the way in which the rituals and laws of religion are derived from the Qur’an and the Sunnah—the precedent of the Prophet. Written as a university textbook, Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence is distinguished by its clarity and readability; it is an essential reference work not only for students of Islamic law, but also for anyone with an interest in Muslim society or in issues of comparative Jurisprudence.

Dr Mohammad Hashim Kamali is Professor of Law at the International Islamic University Malaysia where he has been teaching Islamic law and jurisprudence since 1985

Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence - Volume 1 - by Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan [Book] [PDF] - 544 Pages
Fiqh about Purification, Prayer, Zakah, Fasting, Hajj, Jihad
Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence - Volume 2 - by Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan [Book] [PDF] - 826 Pages
Fiqh about Trade Transactions, Partnership, ShareCropping and Renting, Reclamation of waste lands and Possession of allowable objects, Inheritance, Marraige, Divorce, BreastFeeding, Qisas(Legal Retribution), Prescribed Punishments, Food, Oaths and Vows, Qada(Judiciary)

The Ruler
07-03-2007, 12:04 PM

the sword and the scimitar - David Ball

It's just fantastic.

MustafaMc
07-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Although not a book technically speaking, I recommend:

Journey to the Hereafter (8 Audio CD's)
A series of 8 lectures by Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick about the Minor and Major Signs of Akhirah.

http://www.soundvision.com/shop/pview.asp?item=710-017

The Ruler
07-15-2007, 07:08 PM

Prisoner of Tehran by Marina Nemat.

Its actually quite interesting how the wrong face of a religion could cause a feeling of hatred to boil in an individual.

jzcasejz
07-21-2007, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahmah
I recommend this book:

As-Salaamu'alaikum

Yep, a very good recommendation. I had read the first half of the book but then left it untouched for a good month or so. But them I read the 'Our Path' and 'Our Provisions' chapters and they were excellent!

A really good book. JazaakAllaah Khayr!

GoldNecklace
08-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Im gonna try to find "In pursuit of Allah's Pleasure" Inshallah.

Great sugesstions.

Kittygyal
08-17-2007, 04:56 PM
do we order books in this thread?!

Muslim Woman
08-18-2007, 04:49 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
do we order books in this thread?!

oh sis ....it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

wonderful :) :) :) to see u here .

Alhamdulillah.

PS. i think , u may give order here

http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Und.../dp/1580627838

Kittygyal
08-18-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

oh sis ....it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

wonderful :) :) :) to see u here .

Alhamdulillah.

PS. i think , u may give order here

http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Und.../dp/1580627838
u aswel k

jzcasejz
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by GoldNecklace
Im gonna try to find "In pursuit of Allah's Pleasure" Inshallah.

Great sugesstions.
The Sister already posted the online PDF link for it somewhere in the previous pages. You can also buy it online from here: http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...415&osCsid=b0d

alibaba
08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
pillars of the earth

*~Sofia~*
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Salam brothers and sisters...

Im currently reading 'Don't be sad' by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni. I have to say it is a very good read so far, im lovin it! once you open up to read it, you dont wanna put it back down! lol :D :D
and it's also so good to read when ur feeling down, it has the ability to lift you right up again so ur ---> :D again!

So yeh, i would recommend this book :)

w'salam

Ghira
09-04-2007, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdurrahman.med
I love this book brother. It is my favorite book about the seerah of the Prophet (saw). From begining to end...subhanAllah....

jouju
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Muharrimaat by Sheikh Munajjid
Mu'minaat by Sheikh Swalih bin Fawzaan bin Abdallah Al-Fawzaan
Muslim christian dialogue by H.M. Baagil M.D

fountain
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
i recommend this webside http://www.fountainmagazine.com/
this webside inculde about islamic issues
this webside regarding sociology,education,science and technology
let you see and you can read 18 different language

Jayda
12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
That's a camel...

Pk_#2
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
That's a camel...
Camels write awesome books, You should know by now Jayda, you have one on your avatar also.

Re.TiReD
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM

thank goodness I came across this thread or I would have created a completely new thread to recommend my book and then the mods would have gotten annoyed and fustrated and I would have felt bad *grins*

So Anyway...this book is one I bought a few days ago...I saw the title and thought...'yay! I gotsa have this one!', its so kool masha'Allah and it really strengthened my Imaan and trust in Allah.

So...to the point...its called, 'I want to repent, but...' by Muhammad Salih Al Munajjid and its fab! *thumbs up*...google the title and you'll see the front cover, hmm....actually i'll save the hassle and do if for you *grin* aint I nice?

hmmm...net connection is going bonk so do it yourself Insha'Allah *smile* if anybody cannot find the book in bookshops I will go as far as to buy it for you myself....seriously I liked it that much! sisters only though *grin*, Anyway this is a long enough post.

Salaam!

Re.TiReD
12-11-2007, 10:29 PM

There you go Insha'Allah ^^ *smile*

Al-Hanbali
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM

^ You can actually read the book online here or download it here.

Re.TiReD
12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad

^ You can actually read the book online here or download it here.
Wa'alaykum salam!

JazakAllah khayr Akhee!

Umma Wasats eid has come early because of you! *grin*

May Allah reward you for that, Ameen

AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah

x-samia-x
01-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I reccomend:
Bent Rib: a Journey Through Women's Issues - by Huda al-Khattab

reli good masha'allah :)

Protected_Diamond
01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Check out this site...it's got a massive collection of online books such as;

and many more...

http://kalamullah.com/current-affairs.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-31-2008, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Helena

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

An excellent book indeed! I was very pleased when they translated it and published it 2006. Inshaa'Allah Dar-us-Salam will continue to come out with high quality publications.

If I remember correctly, these two posts were referring to the book entitled: 'Book of the End: Trials and Tribulations' by al-Hafidh Ibn Katheer.

There a couple hundred pages of it that can be read online:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ul0...RNt286jJR-1klI

FatimaAsSideqah
01-31-2008, 10:12 PM

As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu to brothers and sisters of Islam.

I would like to recommend this wonderful book!

Amazing and benefical book! MashaAllah.

Allahu Hafiz
Sister Fatima

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM

AL-IBAANAH BOOK PUBLISHING
NEW PUBLICATION (OCTOBER 2007)

An Explanation of "The Conditions, Pillars & Requirements of Prayer"
By Shaikh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee [D. 1416H]
And Shaikh 'Abdul-Muhsin Al-'Abbaad
Paperback, 6x9 in., 240 pages
ISBN: 0-9777522-8-3

ORDER THE BOOK NOW!

About the Book:
Before you is an explanation of one of the classical works on prayer and ablution written by the Imaam and Mujaddid of the 13th century, Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab, may Allaah have mercy on him. This book: “The Conditions, Pillars and Requirements of Prayer” is a brief treatise designed for easy memorization and retaining since the author lists each point briefly followed by its proof from the Qur’aan and Sunnah. The study and careful review of this classical work will give the reader a concise and general understanding of the basic fundamentals and legal rulings of ablution and prayer and produce students with firm knowledge of the core and subsidiary issues of prayer, which is the first thing we will be asked about on the Day of Judgement. It is for this reason that this classical work continues to be taught today all over the world. From among the several scholars that explained this treatise are Shaikhs Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee and ‘Abdul-Muhsin Al-‘Abbaad. In an effort to bring as much benefit as possible to the English readers, both of these explanations have been translated and included in this book.

About the Authors:

Shaikh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee [1416H] and Shaikh ‘Abdul-Muhsin Al-‘Abbaad are two of the well-known scholars of this century, based in Saudi Arabia, who are known for their sound knowledge, upright creed and firm methodology. Extensive biographies for each author can be found within this publication.

READ AN EXCERPT FROM THE BOOK HERE!

ORDER THE BOOK NOW!

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-25-2008, 01:26 PM

AL-IBAANAH BOOK PUBLISHING
NEW PUBLICATION (MARCH 2006)

A Conclusive Study on the Issue of Hijrah
By Husayn bin 'Awdah Al-'Awaayishah
With Additional Appendixes containing the Statements of the Contemporary Scholars on Hijrah
Paperback, 6x9 in., 188 pages
ISBN: 0-9777522-0-8

ORDER THE BOOK NOW!

About the Book:

This is a translation of the book “Al-Fasl-ul-Mubeen fee Mas’alat-il-Hijrah wa Mufaaraqat-il-Mushrikeen” [A Conclusive Study on the Issue of Hijrah and Separating from the Polytheists] written by the well-known student of knowledge, Husayn bin ‘Awdah Al-‘Awaayishah. Many of the readers may already be aware of the author due to the large amount of his works that have been translated into the English language. However, this book differs from all of them due to the fact that it consists more of a research on the issue at hand and a relaying of the statements of the scholars from the past on this subject.

This is explained well by the author in his introduction, when he says: “So due to Hijrah having the high position and status that it has, I decided to write what I could on it, seeking to voice myself through the words of our past scholars and Fuqahaa, by way of their books on Tafseer, Hadeeth and Fiqh. This was so that the conclusive opinion derived can be based on the upholders of knowledge and so that the resulting view can be from its people.”

And he has spoken truthfully as the majority of his work consists of statements of the well-known scholars of the past on Hijrah, while some chapters have been added from the author’s own words to incite the readers and summarize what the scholars have stated.

As an added benefit, thirteen appendixes have been placed at the end of the book containing the words of the present day scholars on Hijrah – those who have passed away and those still alive – so as to make this book as comprehensive on the subject as possible.

Indeed, this is the first time, according to our observation, that such a book of this magnitude – in that it compiles the statements of the Muslim scholars, past and present – has ever been presented on this subject in the English language.

The main reason such a project was undertaken was due to the urgent need for a clarification on this tremendous act of worship since, as the Prophet has foretold us, Islaam has and continues to enter every household and area and people are accepting Islaam while in the Lands of the Disbelievers. So the questions constantly arise and the discussions grow long on the aspect of Hijrah – is it obligatory or recommended or neither of the two? And the issue has become such that the people have become divided into two sides – one that absolutely mandates it on the people, paying no attention to its guidelines, etiquettes or detailed matters, and another that completely disregards it and considers it as being something abrogated and no longer part of the Religion.

However, the true way of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah is that of the middle course, between the two extremities. And this is what is outlined in detail here, such that the scholars, past and present, have spoken elaborately on this subject, clarifying it from every angle. So you will find in their statements a clarification on the rules of Hijrah, the types of Hijrah, the categories of people with regards to it, the definitions of the “Land of Islaam” and the “Land of Shirk”, those exempted from Hijrah, the conditions for residing in the Lands of Disbelief, and much more. Adding to the benefit, as stated above, is the words of the scholars of recent and present times, which give the reader remarkable insight into the issues of Hijrah as they apply in modern times, for indeed, even though the basis and rules of Hijrah do not change, its manner and surrounding factors change throughout the course of time. And this is evident in their statements, so refer to them. One may ask why there is a need for so many statements from so many different scholars on the same topic. But one only needs to read their statements to realize the variety and diversity of points of benefit raised by them, all of which serve to support one another and assist the reader in getting a universal understanding of Hijrah and all of its facets.

We ask Allaah to make this unique effort sincerely for His sake and to make it a means for clarifying the truth regarding this magnificent act of worship to the masses of English-speaking Muslims. Verily, He is the All-Hearer of supplications and the Responder to them.

From the scholars whose words you can read in this book are:

1. Al-Khattaabee
2. Ash-Shawkaanee
3. As-San'aanee
4. Ibn Taimiyyah
5. Al-Mawza'ee
6. Sideeq Hasan Khaan
7. Al-Wanshareeshee
8. Al-Buhootee
9. Mar'ee bin Yoosuf Al-Karmee
10. Ad-Duwayyaan
11. Muhammad bin 'Abdil-Wahhaab
12. As-Suyootee
13. Ibn Katheer
14. Ibn Al-'Arabee
15. Al-Qurtubee
16. Al-Mardaawee
17. Al-Aloosee
18. An-Nawawee
19. Al-Munaawee
20. Majd-ud-Deen Abul-Barakaat
21. Ibn Qudaamah
22. Al-Maawardee
23. Ibn Hajr
24. 'Abdur-Rahmaan bin Qaasim
25. Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee
26. Al-Albaanee
27. Ibn Al-'Uthaimeen
28. Ibn Baaz
29. Saalih Al-Fawzaan
30. Ahmad An-Najmee
31. Zayd Al-Madkhalee
32. 'Ubayd Al-Jaabiree
33. Saalih Aali Shaikh
34. Saalih As-Suhaymee
35. Muqbil Al-Waadi'ee

About the Author:

Husayn bin ‘Awdah Al-‘Awaayishah is one of the well-known students of knowledge from Jordan who has benefited a great deal from the late Imaam Al-Albaanee. He has authored dozens of books many of which have been translated into English.

ORDER THE BOOK NOW!

Re.TiReD
08-02-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salam brothers and sisters...

Im currently reading 'Don't be sad' by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni. I have to say it is a very good read so far, im lovin it! once you open up to read it, you dont wanna put it back down! lol :D :D
and it's also so good to read when ur feeling down, it has the ability to lift you right up again so ur ---> :D again!

So yeh, i would recommend this book :)

w'salam

:thumbs_up also,'You can be the happiest woman in the world' by same author

Faye
08-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I recommend Bukhari by Ghassan Abdul-Jabbar. I just finished reading it and it is fabulous. It talks about the life of Imam Bukhari and his positions on differant matters and discusses the political climate of his time.

muslimprincess
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
i Recommend that you read the kite runner. Its the best book ever :)
the author of the book is khaled hosseini

yasin ibn Ahmad
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Assalamu alaikum
I suggest 'Words' by Bediuzzaman Said Nursi.One of the parts is below.It is about prescribed prayers(salat).Bear in mind that this is a translation from Turkish to English.The passage tells the importance of salat and proves that practising salat is a very profitable investment.

The Fourth Word
In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

'The prescribed prayers are the pillar of religion. '

If you want to understand with the certainty that two plus two equals four just how valuable and important are the prescribed prayers, and with what little expense they are gained, and how crazy and harmful is the person who neglects them, pay attention to the following story which is in the form of a comparison:

One time, a mighty ruler gave each of two of his servants twenty-four gold pieces and sent them to settle on one of his rich, royal farms two months' distance away. "Use this money for your tickets", he commanded them, "and buy whatever is necessary for your house there with it. There is a station one day's distance from the farm. And there is both road-transport, and a railway, and boats, and aeroplanes. They can be benefited from according to your capital."

The two servants set off after receiving these instructions. One of them was fortunate so that he spent a small amount of money on the way to the station. And included in that expense was some business so profitable and pleasing to his master that his capital increased a thousandfold. As for the other servant, since he was luckless and a layabout, he spent twenty-three pieces of gold on the way to the station, wasting it on gambling and amusements. A single gold piece remained. His friend said to him: "Spend this last gold piece on a ticket so that you will not have to walk the long journey and starve. Moreover, our master is generous; perhaps he will take pity on you and forgive you your faults, and put you on an aeroplane as well. Then we shall reach where we are going to live in one day. Otherwise you will be compelled to walk alone and hungry across a desert which takes two months to cross." The most unintelligent person can understand how foolish, harmful, and senseless he would be if out of obstinacy he did not spend that single remaining gold piece on a ticket, which is like the key to a treasury, and instead spent it on vice for passing pleasure. Is that not so?
And so, O you who do not perform the prescribed prayers! And O my own soul, which does not like to pray! The ruler in the comparison is our Sustainer, our Creator. And of the two travelling servants, one represents the devout who perform their prayers with fervour, and the other, the heedless who neglect their prayers. The twenty-four pieces of gold are life in every twenty-four-hour day. And the royal domain is Paradise. As for the station, that is the grave. While the journey is man's passage to the grave, and on to the Resurrection, and the Hereafter. Men cover that long journey to different degrees according to their actions and the strength of their fear of God. Some of the truly devout have crossed a thousand-year distance in a day like lightening. And some have traversed a fifty-thousand-year distance in a day with the speed of imagination. The Qur'an of Mighty Stature alludes to this truth with two of its verses.

The ticket in the comparison represents the prescribed prayers. A single hour a day is sufficient for the five prayers together with taking the ablutions. So what a loss a person makes who spends twenty-three hours on this fleeting worldly life, and fails to spend one hour on the long life of the Hereafter; how he wrongs his own self; how unreasonably he behaves. For would not anyone who considers himself to be reasonable understand how contrary to reason and wisdom such a person's conduct is, and how far from reason he has become, if, thinking it reasonable, he gives half of his property to a lottery in which one thousand people are participating and the possibility of winning is one in a thousand, and does not give one twenty-fourth of it to an eternal treasury where the possibility of winning has been verified at ninety-nine out of a hundred?

Moreover, the spirit, the heart, and the mind find great ease in prayer. And it is not trying for the body. Furthermore, with the right intention, all the other acts of someone who performs the prescribed prayers become like worship. He can make over the whole capital of his life to the Hereafter in this way. He can make his transient life permanent in one respect...

'WORDS' by BEDIUZZAMAN SAID NURSI

faizan786
09-04-2008, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimprincess
i Recommend that you read the kite runner. Its the best book ever :)
the author of the book is khaled hosseini
Hmm, Is this the related to movie Kite Runner?

Fantastic and truly resourceful thread, Jazak'Allah everyone! :)

Pk_#2
09-05-2008, 03:32 PM
#1 Provide the title of the book

The Lofty Mountain

#2 A reliable author

Sheikh Abdullah Azzam

#3 An image of the book

#5 A few notes/extracts from the book if possible

You can read/download it here: Hoor-al-ayn

(Translation of) Uddat As-Sabirin Wa Dhakhirat Ash Shakirin

'Patience and Gratitude'

#2 A reliable author

Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah

#3 An image of the book

#4 The price

£2.95

You can read/Download the book here: Kalamullah

The Value Of Time

#2 A reliable author

Shaykh Abd Al'Fattah Abu Ghuddah
#3 An image of the book

#4 The price

Doesn't say it..

' The Value of Time is a collection of amazing sayings, anecdotes and wonderful stories of the scholars of the Muslim Ummah, which indicate the importance they attached to time. It is a book that will inspire the youth and the old alike to spend their time wisely, constructively and avoid wasting time. The storeis narrated, unimaginable as they may be, are not fables nor fairy tales, but are all authentic events that have been well documented and narrated by scholars themselves. The author, Shaykh Abd al-Fattah Abu Ghuddah, was one of the prominent scholars of the 20th Century and a veteran leader of the Islamic Movement in Syria.

The book provides a vivid insight into a subject of great importance

The book highlights the value of time in the field of knowledge and its people' - http://islamicbookstore-com.stores.yahoo.net/b8223.html

The IDEAL MUSLIMAH
- The True Islamic Personality of the Muslim Woman
as Defined in the Qur'an and Sunnah

#2 A reliable author

Dr. Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi

#3 An image of the book

#4 The price $18/ £13.99

You can find the whole book on line.

If only I had known that Earlier.

Re.TiReD
09-05-2008, 03:34 PM
JazakAllahu khayran sis! ^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.