/* */

PDA

View Full Version : جنازة الطالب المصري وليد محمد شعلان الذي ž

جوري
04-20-2007, 10:50 PM

أمير شبانة
الطالب المصري وليد محمود
شيعت اليوم الجمعة جنازة الطالب المصري وليد محمد شعلان الذي راح ضحية مجزرة جامعة فرجينيا للتكنولوجيا والتي قتل فيها 32 طالبا.
وقتل شعلان خلال محاولته الإمساك بالطالب الكوري الجنوبي مرتكب المجزرة، ومحاولته إنقاذ أحد زملائه، بحسب ما رواه ناجيان من المجزرة.

فقد وصل جثمان شعلان (32 عاما) إلى مطار القاهرة صباح اليوم الجمعة، وجرى نقله على الفور لمسقط رأسه بإحدى قرى محافظة الشرقية (شمال القاهرة) حيث شيعت جنازته ثم دفن بمقابر الأسرة.

وروى شقيق القتيل أحمد شعلان، قائلا: "تحدثت إلينا مجموعة من زملاء وليد، وقالوا لنا إنه حاول الإمساك بالطالب القاتل، إلا أنه أفلت منه وأطلق عليه رصاصتين، ثم مضى يطلق النار على باقي الطلبة في قاعة الدراسة حتى
قضى عليهم جميعا، ثم عاد إلى وليد الذي كان مصابا لكن لم يمت، وأطلق عليه الرصاصة الثالثة التي أودت بحياته".

وأضاف: "كان أخي شجاعا دائما، وعندما سمعت هذه القصة من زملاء وليد ومن إحدى الصحفيات الأمريكيات لم أندهش، فهذه طبيعته، لكن القاتل أراد أن يرسل رسالة للجميع، وهي أن مصير من يقاومه هو القتل"، بحسب
هيئة الإذاعة البريطانية (بي بي سي).

بطولة أخرى

ولم يكترث شعلان -الذي كان عضوا ناشطا في اتحاد الطلاب المسلمين- بالمخاطر التي قد يتعرض لها، وراح يفكر في كيفية إنقاذ زملائه وقام بالتحرك بشكل متعمد من أجل جذب انتباه مرتكب المذبحة الطالب الكوري تشو
سيونج-هوي في جامعة فرجينيا للتكنولوجيا عن زميل له كان يتظاهر بالموت لكي ينجو، وبالفعل توجه تشو نحو شعلان مطلقا عليه رصاصة أردته قتيلاً في الحال، بحسب ما نقلته صحيفة "واشنطن بوست" الأمريكية رواية أستاذ الهندسة المدنية والناجي من مجزرة راندي دايموند.

ونقلت الصحيفة عن دايموند قوله إن "وليد كان ذكيا ونشيطا ومحبا للمساعدة وبمثابة طالب نموذجي". وأكد تلك الواقعة الدكتور هشام رقا -الأستاذ بكلية الهندسة بالجامعة- والذي نقل عن أحد الطلبة الأمريكيين الناجين -الذي طلب عدم ذكر اسمه- قوله "إن وليد أنقذ حياته".

وذكرت صحيفة واشنطن بوست أن شعلان الذي توجه لأداء أحد اختباراته في جامعة فرجينيا يوم ارتكاب المجزرة (الإثنين 16 -4-2007) وكان يخطط لإحضار زوجته وابنه خالد البالغ من العمر عاما واحدا إلى الولايات المتحدة للعيش معه.

وبالإضافة إلى مقتل شعلان لقيت طالبتان لبنانيتان مصرعهما في المجزرة نفسها، وهما ريما سماحة (19 عاما) وروس عبد الله علم الدين (20 عاما).

وفي رسالة بعث بها لمحطة تليفزيون أمريكية حمل الطالب الكوري الجنوبي تشو سونج وي، المجتمع الأمريكي مسئولية المجزرة التي ارتكبها في جامعة فرجينيا ثم انتحر. وعقب الحادث سادت أجواء من الغضب، حيث اتهم طلابٌ وأهالي إدارة الجامعة بالتأخر في إبلاغهم بوجود قاتل داخل الحرم، وعدم تعاملهم بسرعة كافية لتأمين الجامعة، خلال الفترة الزمنية الفاصلة بين حادثي إطلاق النار.
Egyptian student at Virginia Tech never called home
by Khaled Dessouki
Send by e-mail Save Print Mohammed Shaalan waited in front of his computer on Monday for his son to connect to the web cam, but 32-year-old Walid never did. He was dead.

The Egyptian was a mature student at Virginia Tech and was one of the 32 people killed in the deadliest school shooting in US history.

"Dad, I'll call you tomorrow, he said on Sunday. But Walid didn't call. He was mown down in the Virginia Tech massacre as he protected a friend," Shaalan said on Friday in his son's bedroom in the town of Zaqaziq, 90 kilometres (56 miles) north of Cairo.

Dressed in a white jelaba, Mohammed, 66, waited for Walid's coffin to come home. He remembered the last time he had seen his son.

"It was the night before. We talked on the Internet by webcam. He said 'I'll call you tomorrow and let you know how the exam went.' I waited for a long time, and then I heard the news."

Walid had been studying for eight months for his doctorate as an irrigation engineer, having already gained an honours degree in Egypt.

"He's my eldest, my pride and joy. My alter ago -- just look how alike we are, like two drops of water," said Shaalan, holding a photograph of Walid with his younger brother Ahmed and sister Dina. His eyes filled with tears.

"Yesterday I got a phone call from one of his friends. He told me this: 'Be proud of your son -- he died protecting me. I owe him my life.'

"I am proud, but I am also so sad to have lost my son in this way."

He was very bitter that guns are so easily available in the United States.

"My son held the Americans in high esteem and considered them a civilised people who did not believe in the language of arms," Shaalan said.

"But it is a grave mistake that guns are available to anyone, because every society contains sick people. In a developed and democratic country the people mustn't have guns since the police are there to protect them."

In their modest apartment, Walid's mother and wife were stricken with grief. Their eyes puffy from crying, they accepted condolences from other women dressed like them in black. The victim's 16-month-old son, Khaled, clung to his mother.

Walid's remains will arrive at Cairo airport on Saturday before being brought home to Zaqaziq for burial.

"He insisted that I continue my studies to get my master's degree," said his engineer wife, Amira, 27, before lapsing into silence once more.

"My son was a true science buff," added Walid's father. "When I looked at him I saw knowledge in his eyes. He was supposed to come back in May to enrol for another doctorate in Egypt before returning to the US to continue his thesis.

"I wanted Walid to become a learned man, well-known for scientific research in Egypt. But..."

Mohammed Shaalan was unable to say anything more.

pic of the slain egyptian kid from Va. Massacre...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-20-2007, 11:03 PM
JazakAllah for translations das much better,

"Yesterday I got a phone call from one of his friends. He told me this: 'Be proud of your son -- he died protecting me. I owe him my life.'
Das well sad :(

Peace !

جوري
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Actually the Arabic article went into more details... I didn't want the non-Arabic members to feel cheated so I just searched for one close enough to original lol... the first also spoke about reema samaha and rose abdullah two lebanese girls also slain in the shooting... if I have time I'll translate the first.. it is really disheartening... Allah yerhmhoum.. May Allah receive them in heaven's high mead... they did die martyrs, I believe?... Allah A3lam!
We should take a moment to recite al fati'ha on their souls...

Media Tags are no longer supported

Khayal
04-21-2007, 06:37 AM
:sl:

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Elaehe Raje'on...:(

Aameen to your dua.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.