/* */

PDA

View Full Version : have u got 2 dollars?

AnonymousPoster
04-21-2007, 01:00 PM
:salamext:

the other day, i was using public transport, and i saw this guy, he seemed to be middle aged... it was the 2nd time i had seen him on public transprt that week, i recognised him because he had the same clothes on, and that same look on his face, he seemed pretty out of it, and unaware of what is around him, his head hanging down a little, he was looking straight ahead and his mouth was a little open... anyway, i guess he made eye contact with his lady sitting a few seats away and he said 'hello, how are you' to her... she seemed a little taken back but she replied to him, and then he got up and sat next to her. i was confused, i didnt know if they knew each other or not... well when he sat down next to her, he might have said a few words, im not sure i didnt hear, but then i heard him say in this really weak and fazed voice

'i havent eaten in 2 days'

when i heard him say that i frooze, i was shocked and horrified...:-\ and then the lady replied to him 'im sorry to hear that'... i was shocked by her reply to because i was pretty speechless myself after hearing what he had said... and then he said

'do you have 2 dollars?'

and to my shock, the lady replied no!!! i couldn't believe it. i was horrified. he guy hasnt eaten in 2 days, it was obvious from the way he appeared that he wasnt making it up either, and she said no to him!:heated::offended:

by that stage i was pretty upset myself... i had an apple in my bag and some money i wanted to give to him... but i didnt do it, i was too scared, i dont know why, maybe i was worried that he would start to bug me after that and keep asking of me, for a few minutes i keep trying to work up the courage to approach him, but i couldnt, and then he got off at the next stop and i missed out on the chance to help him...

since then i havent stoped thinking about him and how all he asked for was 2 dollars and he was rejected and i didnt even help him when i could have. :( i feel so guilty, i pray that i will see him again some time soon and that this time he asks me for some money so i can have the courage to give to him...

im not sure why i am posting this, i guess because i really needed to say something about, but didnt know who to talk to... any advice, words of comfort would be much appreciated...
:(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
04-21-2007, 01:05 PM
p.s. i forgot to add, any other reason i was hesitant was because i was worried he might spend the money on drugs, smokes, or gambling.... but i guess that is a stupid excuse not to have helped him :( after all, my reward is with allah swt, even if he used it wrongly, it is my intention that counts... right?

'Abd al-Baari
04-21-2007, 01:07 PM
:sl:

Because you regret what you did, your hearts in the right place..remember you had a good intention and that's what counts

Tilmeez
04-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Mashallah to your good intentions! Allah may help the poor soul!

im not sure why i am posting this,
Because you regret what you did,
This reminds me "The Sin of Omission" I am sure it's not off the topic!

by Margaret Sangster

It isn't the thing you do, dear;
It's the thing you leave undone,
Which gives you a bit of heartache
At the setting of the sun.
The tender word forgotten,
The letter you did not write,
The flower you might have sent, dear,
Are your haunting ghosts to-night.

The stone you might have lifted
Out of brother's way,
The bit of heartsome counsel
You were hurried too much to say;
The loving touch of the hand, dear,
The gentle and winsome tone,
That you had no time nor thought for,
With troubles enough of your own.

The little acts of kindness,
So easily out of mind;
Those chances to be angels
Which every one may find
They come in night and silence
Each chill, reproachful wraith
When hope is faint and flagging
And a blight has dropped on faith.

For life is all too short, dear,
And sorrow is all too great;
To suffer our great compassion
That tarries until too late;
And it's not the thing you do, dear,
It's the thing you leave undone,
Which gives you the bit of heartache
At the setting of the sun.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gladTidings
04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
:sl:

MashAllah, like the brothers said, atleast you had the intention to help. But don't feel bad about it now, you can do something about it next time your faced with this sort of situation.

I remember once a man asked me if i had some money, I offered him my apple and he didnt take it... but he came a little while later and asked if he could have the the apple. Its difficult because you dont know what they would spend the money on and you dont want to be contributing to their next bottle of alcohol or drugs. So its safer to offer them some food which you know will be of benefit to them.

Maybe giving to a worthy charity will help you feel better.

04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Subhanallah if he was really in need then May Allah provide for him Amin

Yes i would prefer to buy something for the person rather than give them money, incase they spend it in the wrong way.. Allahu a'lam

But this reminds me.. the prophet (saw) wouldn't refuse someone if they asked for something right? But what about when you're somewhere where people are begging... And if you give to one person you get a whole crowd around you :-\ What are you supposed to do in that situation?

bint_muhammed
04-21-2007, 07:32 PM
i felt like this sister aswell, i was in manchester and this women with hijab on came asking for money with her kids and coz everyone went passed her so did i. from that day i have this horrible feeling everytime i think about it, its like theres a burden on me and i kno i'm gonna be asked about it on the day of judgement! i feel awfull and the thing is i cant go back and change it. all i do is ask for forgiveness and i'v definetly learnt a lesson from it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.