/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I keep sinning even after asking for forgiveness

AnonymousPoster
04-21-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm a teenager/young adult and I am a muslim. My problem is I keep on masturbating, even though I don't wnat to I keep on doing it. I have asked for forgiveness and said I won't do it again but I still keep on doing it. My questions are am I in serious trouble for carrying on sinning and another question is is there any ways that can help me stop doing it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
04-21-2007, 07:39 PM
:sl:

is there any ways that can help me stop doing it?
The following is the best advice I have seen: http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/showpost...61&postcount=5

:w:

anonymous100
04-21-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

The following is the best advice I have seen: http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/showpost...61&postcount=5

Thanks, that hepled a lot

Uthman
04-21-2007, 08:18 PM

No problem. :)

With regards to this question:

format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
I have asked for forgiveness and said I won't do it again but I still keep on doing it. My questions are am I in serious trouble for carrying on sinning
Personally I am unable to give you a direct answer but I can tell you that you are not the only person that falls into this situation. One of the conditions for Tawba (repentance) is sincerity, so if you are sincere in your repentance then Allah should forgive you. Also, you should ask Allah for help as well as forgiveness. Ask Allah to help you not to commit the act again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
04-21-2007, 08:27 PM
salamualikum.
Humm, should be moved in brothers section.

Well i aint a dude but as far as i know thats haram to do, if you always do it go and get married. I feel not healthy to say anymore hence don't having anything to say :X Apart from read the Qura'an do more ibadah and focus on your deen, read stories about the prophets and get intrest in your deen more.

listen to Qura'an more often and recite often aswel. Fear your lord. read about al-akhirah and when a person dies what happens inshallah then you will gradually understand.

Allah hu alim.

May Allah subhwnatallah make it easy for you amin

Ma'assalama

Rhubarb Tart
04-21-2007, 08:53 PM
keep yourself occupied like studying, reading the quran, going for jog or any hobby. This will help you take your mind of it which means you wont feel the need to do so. But the best to do is ask allah (swt) forgiveness. Think about him all the time, wheneva ur mind think ov do it, think about allah and the day of judgement.

noahs_arc
04-22-2007, 04:52 PM
umm i think this thread should be moved but anyways.. i read an 'islamic' book and i can honestly say in it that i must have read that masturbation is not haram if it is to relieve sexual tension. i can't remeber the name of the book!!! argh i'll dig it out. obviously it's not that reliable now.

Uthman
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM

This is an issue of Ikhtilaf (difference of opinion) amongst the scholars and Madhabib (schools of thought) so it is not befitting for us to give our own opinions (not that anybody was, of course :)) Rather, we should research the daleel (proof) and make our judgement based on what we think is right (and not what is in accordance with our desires).

And Allah knows best.

Kittygyal
04-22-2007, 06:35 PM

This is an issue of Ikhtilaf (difference of opinion) amongst the scholars and Madhabib (schools of thought) so it is not befitting for us to give our own opinions (not that anybody was, of course :)) Rather, we should research the daleel (proof) and make our judgement based on what we think is right (and not what is in accordance with our desires).

And Allah knows best.

salamualikum
Agreed indeed well said:thumbs_up .

Well it's best to take this in the brothers section hence maybe other brothers are finiding it hard aswel and want to share there experience aswel or something like that. Allah hu Alim.

Inshallah hope it goes all well for the bro and inshallah just do dua'ah and ask for forgivness from Allah subhnwatallah

Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM
:salamext:

Continue repenting, even if you fall into the sin many many times.. since repenting is better than not repenting at all, if you stop the repentance - then that is one of shaytaan's tricks.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (Peace be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

anonymous
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I am also having a big problem with this, is there any medication that we could take incase we can't resist?

snakelegs
04-29-2007, 05:28 AM

i agree - very sensible advice.

vpb
04-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

I think this one would help you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.