/* */

PDA

View Full Version : negative views on the forum

Rhubarb Tart
04-22-2007, 01:51 PM
I went over to the world affairs section and went on the post about the murder of 30 students in VT. Anyways what I found was that people in this forum have such a negative views and it’s disturbing.

Muslims in particular, writing about why they don’t discuss what happening in Iraq the impression that Muslim life is more precious then non Muslims. Also other views such as blaming the issue on immigrants. I would like to discuss about such views. These are the kind of views are the type of view that causes great conflict within the world, these are selfish and offensive views.

Anyway let discuss about it; first the view on why don’t they talk about what happening in Iraq etc or the impression they life is unworthy. If we were a true Muslims and followed prophet Mohammed (pbuh) and the quran we would not make such comment. Why? I here you ask? Well because the Quran teaches every life in this earth is precise and if you killed one life it like you killed the whole mankind. (Can someone please find the quote for this?). So Americans or westerns people life is precise as yours so when it comes to killing no human deserve to be killed.

Now the second view about immigrants studying in the university. I’m a British student thinking of going to uni in America. The comment I have read has just put me off. :enough!:

I believe that every person deserve to study where ever they want to whether its France, Spain, Saudi, etc Why should people not study in America. How about the Americans who come to Britain, should we ban them from studying. No one knew that the killings were going to happen, no one it was to be done by an immigrant. So please think before write such comment, it does not show your intelligence.

If I offended anyone I’m sorry but I felt I had to say something. About people negative views and how it can affect others and offend others. I made it to a new thread because I doubt people who made those comment would read mines because it late so I thought I would get their attention.

Any comments you can make if you want.:D :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mr_GQ
04-22-2007, 02:52 PM
They probably meant that a Muslim is "worth/better" more than a non-Muslim. A Muslim's blood is worth more than the Kaba. I never heard of a non-Muslims blood worth more than the Kaba. Right?

At the same time, what happened was wrong at VT.

And I do agree about studying anywhere you want.

Does that make sense?

- Omar

snakelegs
04-22-2007, 11:38 PM
welcome to the forum, sweet106.
i agree with you. one of our members made a very eloquent statement about this, on that thread.
i find it offensive when people seize on a subject such as this and use it in order to make a political statement.
and it's not only muslims who do this.
reading the world affairs section too much will not be good for your health - there is so much negative going on there - as if the news weren't negative enough! when you see how people can turn anything in to a bitter argument and how just plain nasty they can get, it does not fill you with hope for world peace.
i try to stay away from that section, but not entirely.

Muezzin
04-23-2007, 08:10 AM
If I took the World Affairs forum too seriously, I would probably have grey hair by now.

I do agree with the first post in this thread though. All life is sacred, not just Muslims'. I also agree with what you said about immigration. As Rocky Balboa said, 'It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!'

In general, (this goes for everyone) if posts are rubbing you the wrong way, don't keep it to yourself - report it. A mod will check if it's breaking any rules, and if so, will delete it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grace Seeker
04-24-2007, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Now the second view about immigrants studying in the university. I’m a British student thinking of going to uni in America. The comment I have read has just put me off. :enough!:

I haven't read any of the articles you referenced, but I can speak to anti-immigrant feelings in the USA. Yes, they are rampant. But though they might come out for some sick reason in a thread related to Cho, because he was from Korea originally, I don't think you will personally run into it as a British student going to school in the USA.

I say this as a parent of a Vietnamese fosterson and having hosted many exchange students from all over the world. The vast majority of the time you will find yourself greeted warmly. Are there bigots in America? Yes. But there are bigots every where. There are even bigots and racists on this board. The USA is struggling with how to handle a large number of illegal immigrants to this country right now. It can dominate political discussion at times, and creates a certain degree of hypersensitiviy on all sides. And certainly, following 9/11 there were suspicious eyes cast at anyone who was thought to be from the middle east -- still true in some environments, but I don't think generally to be as true anymore. But Brits are actually sort of considered "cool" by many Americans for reasons I can't truly explain, so I would doubt if you would have any problems.

Anyway, make your decision on what is best for you in terms of education. Don't be scared off by a few comments you find on an internet forum.

Muezzin
04-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah, xenophobes should go back to where they came from.

...Oh, I'll stop.

Aisha!
05-24-2007, 03:35 AM
well people still worry about iraq

wilberhum
05-24-2007, 03:49 AM
sweet106
See what Grace Seeker has to say. She is spot on. :thumbs_up
The immigrant conflicts you read about are about illegal immigrants. We are a country made up of immigrants. So the problem is not immigrants it's illegal immigrants. :?
Come legally and you will be welcome. :)

Panther
05-24-2007, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, xenophobes should go back to where they came from.

...Oh, I'll stop.
LOL

I'm growing rather fond of you, Muezzin. :P

HBot 5000
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
:sl:

TBH when i heard about the shooting at VT i was saddend but on the same day 200 or so people died in Iraq and i was more concerned for them.

Study where you like, but personally i believe british uni's are the best.

:thumbs_up

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.