/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Input - Shahada Bandanas etc.

Mr_GQ
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Salaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

I posted this in another sub forum, but saw much of the traffic goes through here. I hope the mods dont mind, Insha'Allah.

I just want input from people to get input and measure the interest people have in this.

I am currently in the process of getting them made and selling them (I'm a broke college student lol). There is an event coming up in my area which I plan to sell these at. Also, I am planning to sell them at the ISNA convention as well.

I'm working on getting bandanas, headbands, flags and t-shirts.

The bandanas will have the shahada/kalimah going across the forehead. They will also have "Allah" and "Muhammad" written over the rest of the bandana. They will come in black (with white writing) and white (with black writing). I'm currently debating if I should get the green (with white writing) similar to the one worn by Hamas. If I see there is enough demand for the green ones, I will get them Insha'Allah.

The headbands are similar to the bandanas, except you roll it up so that you can wear it across the forehead leaving the top of your head uncovered (unlike bandanas). They will come in black (with white writing) and white (with black writing). Like the bandanas, I am debating if I should get the green ones. If I see any demand for them, I will get it made. My experience is that many sisters have bought the headbands. I have seen them wear it with their scarf and even niqab. However, I have seen guys wear them too.

The flags will have the Shahada written across in big font. The flags will come in black (with white writing) and white (with black writing). I'm still debating what the size should be.

As for t-shirts, this may take a while as I am currently coming up with designs and styles. It will mostly be parodies (of course with an Islamic theme).

So thats all in a nutshell. If anyone is interested, please let me know Insha'Allah.

If anyone has any suggestions, comments or questions, please feel free to let me know. I have sold the headbands previously on a much smaller scale. I am planning to go bigger as I need to make money to pay for my tuition and bills (just like every other college student lol).

By the way, this is my first time on this forum. I never heard of it until I Googled. I will check it out later tonight after I run my errands.

Take care all.

May Allah protect us all and keep us on the straight path. Ameen

Wassalaamualaikum Warahmutallah,

Omar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are quite ambitious. I'm curious as to which country you are in, as it may be best if you got advice from members that live in your country.

I can not be of much help as It has been many years since my University days. I also worked my way through college, although I did have considerable help for tuition as I was former military and had gotten a lot of help from my GI benefits. However, I was married and with 3 small children, so I had to earn money to support them.

Some of the more interesting things I did was register with various temporary employment agencies and took many short term night jobs.

I did earn some moning with a weekly cartoon strip I wrote for some newspapers.

I also Joined a "Starving Artist" club and sold handicrafts I had made through them on a consignment basis.

If you have anything similar to the Small Business Administration, you may want to check with them for marketing suggestions and possibly even some start up money for starting a new business.

Woodrow
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
LOL I just noticed you are in Chi-Town. Get on the phone and contact the SBA they will give lots of help. Better yet go to the nearest SBA office and grab the free pamphlets in the office.

Also check this link

http://www.sba.gov/

Mr_GQ
04-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Jazak'Allahu Khairan akhi.

lol Yeah Im in Chicago. Well, a subarb of it.

I know people here are interested, but I wanted to see if people would be interested in it if I were to mass produce them for ISNA.

I will definately check out what you have posted up.

- Omar

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Salamualikum.
For a second i thought it said 'banana's' :lol:

As you from Chicy town i will buy one but gotcha be in PINK :X

Ma'assalama

Umar001
04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I dont get why theres gonna be Allah and Muhammad written over the rest of the bandana.

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Salamualikum.
^ haven't you seen them Esa?

Like many talibans wear them, there sick blud propper nice i like the green ones not the black ones but i preffer the PINK ones *if they exist* lol

Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
04-23-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't really like the idea, children will wear dese bandanas and when other folks see them and they are misbehaving they will be like stupid muslims

Also how will they wash dese and keep these in a proper manner, most people will chuck them around like normal clothes

Too much disrespect in this idea i think,

sorry!

And yeah...

Mr_GQ
04-23-2007, 07:00 PM
lol I'd get pink ones, but I dont know how many people would be interested in them.

If you're really interested in it, let me know. PM if you can.

The bandanas have Allah and Muhammad written (in Arabic) all over it because when you wear, it you can see it on top and the sides.

I like it.

I can also get camouflage ones. I have one for my personal use.

- Omar

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr_GQ
lol I'd get pink ones, but I dont know how many people would be interested in them.

If you're really interested in it, let me know. PM if you can.

The bandanas have Allah and Muhammad written (in Arabic) all over it because when you wear, it you can see it on top and the sides.

I like it.

I can also get camouflage ones. I have one for my personal use.

- Omar
Salamualikum.
Ya am intrested. Pull it out dude.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Salamualikum.
Ya one a serious note Tj is correct. I personally think it should say in english something like 'slave of Allah' or something like that instead of arabic.

Alot of children can throw them on floor very disrespectful indeed. But but am waiting for mine i won't do that never so am waiting lol

Ma'assalama

Mr_GQ
04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Ya one a serious note Tj is correct. I personally think it should say in english something like 'slave of Allah' or something like that instead of arabic.

Alot of children can throw them on floor very disrespectful indeed. But but am waiting for mine i won't do that never so am waiting lol

Ma'assalama
I will find out if I can get just one made in Pink. Do you think more would be interested?

As for having it in English, not many would be interested in buying them. Only a handful would buy it.

Most go for ones in Arabic.

- Omar

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I will find out if I can get just one made in Pink. Do you think more would be interested?

As for having it in English, not many would be interested in buying them. Only a handful would buy it.

- Omar

Salamualikum.
Hey dude, but would you rather sell earn money people throw on floor people disrespect that words of Allah subhwnatallah or would you rather write it in english if they do throw it away it wouldn't be that bad as throwing arabic Allah's words away get me blud?

What are you going to do with the money? send it to me? need my details :lol:

Or charity? or company? or 911? :X

Ya most go for arabic ones but you need to think carefuly about them dude, don't just go for $ ya? lol

Erm pink all for me? :rollseyes

Ma'assalama

Mr_GQ
04-24-2007, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Hey dude, but would you rather sell earn money people throw on floor people disrespect that words of Allah subhwnatallah or would you rather write it in english if they do throw it away it wouldn't be that bad as throwing arabic Allah's words away get me blud?

What are you going to do with the money? send it to me? need my details :lol:

Or charity? or company? or 911? :X

Ya most go for arabic ones but you need to think carefuly about them dude, don't just go for $ ya? lol

Erm pink all for me? :rollseyes

Ma'assalama
I understand what you're saying, but I guess that can be said about anything, right?

I hope and assume that anyone would buy it would be mature and smart enough to handle it properly.

Whenever I wear mine and I need to go to the bathroom, I would take it off and then go.

Well if you really want a pink one, I can see what I can do. To be honest, you're the first one to ask for a pink one. lol

- Omar

------
04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
:salamext:

Has anyone got a picture of these so we can actually see what they look like?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2007, 04:19 PM
:salamext:

having " i believe in one God and Muhammad saws is his messenger" on my forehead sounds interesting :D

Woodrow
04-26-2007, 04:20 PM

- Omar
Just on a personal basis I do not like the idea of Having the names Allah(swt) and Muhammad(PBUH) on them as this could lead to disrespect. Keep in mind that if you do mass sell them publicly, it will not be only Muslims buying them. There will be misguided people buying them for the wrong purpose.

Now just a suggestion, if you were to get a number of them in white you could have the option of custom dying them to any color for a small additional charge. (RIT Dye is cheap and easy to use) or you could sell plain white ones and state that buyers can dye them themselves to any color of their choice.

Kittygyal
04-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I guess that can be said about anything, right?

I hope and assume that anyone would buy it would be mature and smart enough to handle it properly.

Whenever I wear mine and I need to go to the bathroom, I would take it off and then go.

Well if you really want a pink one, I can see what I can do. To be honest, you're the first one to ask for a pink one. lol

- Omar
Salamualikum.
Okay but dude you can't trust on everyone, many people might god knows what they might do to it (A'oothu billah')

All i can say is may allah subhwnatallah make it easy for you inshallah.

Oh, am the first one? that means there isn't a very long que so i guess i am the first one so make me one :omg:

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.