04-22-2007, 10:42 PM
So true. Watch the video...

http://www.afr.net/newafr/wekickedgodout.asp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Peace

uh huh unfortunately so true.
also i think its also a case of parents who never got from their own parents you know? so when they have their children they give them everything they never had and of course being only human that child wants more and does more, and of course its bad for the society.
then you get the adults turning round saying todays youth are way disrespectful, who made them that way? a good bitta discipline is for sure needed in different ways

Maimunah
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
the tittle should be changed!!

:w:

aamirsaab
04-23-2007, 11:59 AM
The day they kicked God out of the schools - and people wonder why they are going to hell.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
smoothstn
04-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Europe Was In The Dark Ages When The Church Was Dominating The Society. There Was A Lot Of Corruption Just Like The Ongoing Corruption In Many Third World Countries Because The Corrupt People Were On The Top Behind The Church. They Used To Bring God In Everything. You See The Same Thing Going On Many Muslim Countries These Days. Fortunately Some Bold And Outstanding Leaders In Europe Gave Sacrifices And Stood Against The Church. They Cleaned Up Their Society From The Influence Of The Church. The Best Thing They Did, They Kicked The Church Out Of The School. After That Day It Became Much Easier For Them To Root Out The Corruption And Evil From Their Society. Now The Corrupt People Do Not Get The Support Of The Church To Distract The Attention Of The People.

We Must Discuss How Religion Is Used To Protect Corruption In The Third World Countries If We Sincerely Want To Root Out Corruption In These Countries.

Skavau
04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
This is implying what? That Secular education is evil?

smoothstn
04-23-2007, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
This is implying what? That Secular education is evil?
Secular education is the only proper education. People spend a lot of money on this education. They like to go to any country where they can find the best of it. Most of the religious people who can afford to donate money, donate to religious institutions which give religious education to others. They dont want it for themselves.

Pk_#2
04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

:muddlehea ok, i duno what to say..

'we reek what we sow?' Is dat what he said, as in we get what we put in?

The vid kept stopping :hiding:

Thanks for sharing.

smoothstn
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

:muddlehea ok, i duno what to say..

'we reek what we sow?' Is dat what he said, as in we get what we put in?

The vid kept stopping :hiding:

Thanks for sharing.
We are reaping what we started sowing about 20 years ago in some Muslim countries. All that terrorism and bomb blasts in our own homes by our own youth in the name of religion. The uncontrolled mushroom growth of the religious schools and the induction of more religious subjects in the mainstream schools have grown the crop of terrorists in Muslim countries. It is the result that every young man looks like or at least talks like a religious terrorist in Muslim countries. Every educated young Muslim now a days is motivated to use ones full force to impose sharia on others. Some of them resort to terrorism when they find that people dislike their ideas.

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I changed the title to something more suitable. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by smoothstn
We are reaping what we started sowing about 20 years ago in some Muslim countries. All that terrorism and bomb blasts in our own homes by our own youth in the name of religion. The uncontrolled mushroom growth of the religious schools and the induction of more religious subjects in the mainstream schools have grown the crop of terrorists in Muslim countries. It is the result that every young man looks like or at least talks like a religious terrorist in Muslim countries. Every educated young Muslim now a days is motivated to use ones full force to impose sharia on others. Some of them resort to terrorism when they find that people dislike their ideas.

Try checking this link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...terrorism.html

Then smile. You've probably never seen that on the media right?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Edit the title..more suitable please?

England
04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with it. It is what it is.

afriend
04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
:sl:

Who do we wind back to when we have nobody left to turn to?

"oooh God!!"

Is the answer...

smoothstn
04-23-2007, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Who do we wind back to when we have nobody left to turn to?

"oooh God!!"

Is the answer...

Basically it is the fault of the person who leaves nobody to help him. In the world of billions of humans most of who are ready to help others in need or in disaster.

You can turn to God only after you made your best efforts. This does not require any formal education to request God for help. School education is not meant to teach the students to give up. It is intended to make them good humans. School education should be free from the influence of church or any other religious establishment.

smoothstn
04-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Basically it is the fault of the person who leaves nobody to help him. We live in the world of billions of humans most of who are ready to help others in need or in disaster. We should always contribute to various organizations and participate with them for helping others. We may need their help too, sometimes. When you help others God will help you in need even when you never learn from any school the procedure for how to apply for God's help.

You can turn to God only after you made your best efforts. This does not require any formal education to request God for help. School education is not meant to teach the students to give up. It is intended to make them good humans. School education should be free from the influence of church or any other religious establishment.

afriend
04-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Basically it is the fault of the person who leaves nobody to help him. In the world of billions of humans most of who are ready to help others in need or in disaster.

yeah but why?

It's like saying to someone I'll call you when i need your help because you're just not compatible with my life. I'm too busy to make any mention of you even though sometimes you may be the only person who I can turn to for help. It's pure selfishness and ignorance!

aamirsaab
04-23-2007, 09:04 PM
You can turn to God only after you made your best efforts.
Translation: when everything goes wrong, blame God.

This does not require any formal education to request God for help. School education is not meant to teach the students to give up. It is intended to make them good humans.
I didn't learn my good manners from going to school :statisfie

School education should be free from the influence of church or any other religious establishment.
If by this you mean RE lessons are no longer taught, I disagree.

smoothstn
04-24-2007, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Translation: when everything goes wrong, blame God.
That's your own interpretation. My interpretation is: Do your best and trust in God.

You dont need to be taught to trust in God. Illiterate and uneducated people trust more in God than the educated.

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I didn't learn my good manners from going to school :statisfie
Why did you go to school then?

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
t's like saying to someone I'll call you when i need your help because you're just not compatible with my life. I'm too busy to make any mention of you even though sometimes you may be the only person who I can turn to for help. It's pure selfishness and ignorance!
You must consider yourself selfish only when you dont help other human beings. You should trust in God that God created all human beings with a nice and helping heart to share pain and misery of others. If you dont know this than you can call yourself an ignorant. You can know about the feelings of human hearts even when nobody teaches this in school. Just make good friends and love others. Your love and sincerely would be reciprocated. People learn about these excellent human qualities from their personal experiences.

guyabano
04-24-2007, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
God has nothing to do in any school. There do exist Houses of Gods for this purpose. School is there to learn - Period !

Muezzin
04-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Question: Are religious education lessons somehow considered a threat to secularism?

Not religious instruction where they teach you how to be a good Christian or something, just education, where they teach you about other religions.

smoothstn
04-24-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
God has nothing to do in any school. There do exist Houses of Gods for this purpose. School is there to learn - Period !
That's very true.

I dont know why some people try to bring God into every place when he is already there. Dont they trust in his powers?

smoothstn
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Question: Are religious education lessons somehow considered a threat to secularism?

Not religious instruction where they teach you how to be a good Christian or something, just education, where they teach you about other religions.
A good human being is better than a good Christian, a good Muslim, a good Jew, a good Hindu or a good Budh. A good Christian may good for the Christians. He may also be nice to others only for the sake of Christianiti. Same goes for the relgious persons from other religions. But a good human is good for all humans. Therefore instead of teaching religion in schools, humanity should be taught in schools all over the world.

- Qatada -
04-24-2007, 02:40 PM
A good human being is better than a good Christian, a good Muslim, a good Jew, a good Hindu or a good Budh. A good Christian may good for the Christians. He may also be nice to others only for the sake of Christianiti. Same goes for the relgious persons from other religions. But a good human is good for all humans. Therefore instead of teaching religion in schools, humanity should be taught in schools all over the world.

O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqûn (pious - see V.2:2). Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

[Qur'an 49:13]

Taqwa: piety, "God-consciousness." Taqwa involves constant awareness and remembrance of Allah, and conscious efforts to adhere to His commandments and abstain from whatever He has forbidden.

smoothstn
04-24-2007, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqûn (pious - see V.2:2). Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

[Qur'an 49:13]

Taqwa: piety, "God-consciousness." Taqwa involves constant awareness and remembrance of Allah, and conscious efforts to adhere to His commandments and abstain from whatever He has forbidden.
This is a beautiful verse of Quran but it has nothing to do with this topic. Please dont try to hijack a serious topic with old tricks. The verses of Quran are for you to learn something. Dont use them to teach lessons to others.

- Qatada -
04-24-2007, 03:37 PM
This is a beautiful verse of Quran but it has nothing to do with this topic. Please dont try to hijack a serious topic with old tricks. The verses of Quran are for you to learn something. Dont use them to teach lessons to others.

I'll quote it since we're discussing the topic of who the best type of people are in the sight of God, and by the way - please learn some respect.

Regards.

smoothstn
04-24-2007, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
I'll quote it since we're discussing the topic of who the best type of people are in the sight of God, and by the way - please learn some respect.

Regards.
Only God knows which people are the best in eyes. He gives them respect in the world who he likes and gives disgrace in the world who he doesnt like. Not very long ago Europeans were disgraceful people in the wold when they used to bring Gods name into every thing. Now it is a few people from some Asian countries who want to supress everybody using Gods name.

S_87
04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Peace

thats where youre wrong. lets take islam for instance. islam isnt that we go worship 5 times a day in the Masjid and thats it. it is being a muslims 24/7 in school at the workplace at home when sleeping ALL that time.

afriend
04-24-2007, 09:07 PM

You must consider yourself selfish only when you dont help other human beings. You should trust in God that God created all human beings with a nice and helping heart to share pain and misery of others. If you dont know this than you can call yourself an ignorant. You can know about the feelings of human hearts even when nobody teaches this in school. Just make good friends and love others. Your love and sincerely would be reciprocated. People learn about these excellent human qualities from their personal experiences.
It is Allah who has been ever merciful to allow that feeling to exist in the hearts of people. Why should his favours be denied by forgetting him?

Muezzin
04-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but then students are in the dark about the religions their peers are following, and their ignorance might hamper their inter-personal relationships.

I think I'll make a new thread about this rather than derail this one.

guyabano
04-27-2007, 11:38 AM
*** deleted ***

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.