/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A great dream from Allah

Henry
08-04-2005, 04:18 AM
My friend and I are going to Pakistan after we are done with school (he has family over there). We are both going to fully immerse ourselves in Islam. Basically, I absolutely can not wait. Over half of the things here will be eliminated that are haraam or may lead to haraam [for example: Obviously some parts of the culture in USA (Adultry EVERYWHERE to name one)]. It has been my dream to travel and live there since I have converted (which was during Ramadaan a couple years ago).

So basically all I really wanted to get out was that the other night I had a dream that I was already there with him and we were with his family. It was absolutely THE best fealing I have ever felt. I felt so much closer to Allah and Islam, because every part of me could be focused on Islam. I hope I have these dreams more often to make the wait more barable :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NABILA613
08-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Mashallah. That dream is obviously a good sign for u Inshallah. So keep making du'aa, and you'll be there before you know it Inshallah.

Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Henry
08-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Wasalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu, Sister:)

I just have one question, what exactly is du'aa? I know it is important but I have never read what it is.

idris patel
08-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Assalamo Alaikum my dear brother in Islam.

Exteremely please to learn that you have come in to the faith of the most beautiful religion -Islam.

Dua

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In The Name Of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful

"And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way." (2:168)

Dua is defined as any invocation or prayer addressed to Allah (SWT). In our times, we find many reasons why people do not make Dua; we forget, don't know how, or just do not think it will be answered. Fundamental to this is the loss of dependence and trust upon Allah. As Muslims there is something very wrong when we believe our Duas won't be answered.We do not turn to Allah in our times of need and instead put our trust, dependence and hopes on worldly things that we think will help us. Although these temporal things are the means through which our Duas can be answered, the root of our being should be trained automatically to turn to Allah and not anything or anyone else. Through Dua, we strengthen our Imaan and our relationship with Allah, as well as heighten our awareness of cause and effect that can help inspire and motivate us to be
closer to Islam in our lives.

We find many reassurances throughout the Quran for those who make Dua. Allah the Exalted, has said: "And your Lord says: Pray unto me: and I will hear your prayer" (Quran
40:60), "Call upon your Lord Humbly and in secret" (Quran 7:55), "When My servants question thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me" (Quran 2:186), "Is not He (best) who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its
suffering." (Quran 27:62)

Aisha radhiallaahu anha said, "No believer makes Dua and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get
frustrated."

In fact, it is even wrong to never make Dua, "Whosoever does not supplicate to Allah, He will be angry with Him."
[Saheeh Jaami`as-Sagheer #2414]

A Hadith says "Ad-Du'aa Huwal-3ibaadah",[Abu Dawud,at-Tirmidhi, Hasan Saheeh], Dua is Ibadah so calling upon anyone other than Allah in one's Dua is Shirk. This is an important condition of having one's Dua accepted; the Dua should not be directed to other than Allah alone. A second condition would be sincerity or Hudoor alqalb, having the heart
present. Also, one's food, drink, clothes and lifestyle should be Halal. One should avoid unlawful, impious or forbidden sources or means of livelihood. Fourth, one cannot ask for
something sinful or Haram. Dua should not be made against family and property (i.e. to sever the ties of kinship).

Inshallah - hope this helps.

Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.