/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im losing my faith

losing_faith
04-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I used to be one of the most punctual at prayers and fasting but since 19 Ive slipped.

Im 21 now and I dont pray, fast or do anything islamic. Ive started drinking, smoking all sorts of things and done many things that I would never have done before. I dont see any point of praying. It never got me anything.

I dont think god loves me..im starting to doubt his existance. Im not friends with any people who pray or fast...most of my friends are like me.

Its not that I have any problems in life, I just dont know what I want. i dont see the point of religion. It only breeds hate and violence.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
04-23-2007, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by losing_faith
I used to be one of the most punctual at prayers and fasting but since 19 Ive slipped.

Im 21 now and I dont pray, fast or do anything islamic. Ive started drinking, smoking all sorts of things and done many things that I would never have done before. I dont see any point of praying. It never got me anything.

I dont think god loves me..im starting to doubt his existance. Im not friends with any people who pray or fast...most of my friends are like me.

Its not that I have any problems in life, I just dont know what I want. i dont see the point of religion. It only breeds hate and violence.
salams bro

the fact that abandoning religion has left you to smoke/drink indicates that life without divine set of morals leads to opening the way to harming your body and even those who surround you. Since we are no longer bound by any code of conduct, except those that our desires dictate.

As for thinking that god doesn't love you, remember that Allah forgives everything except that he be assocated with, people during prophets time done worse stuff, but when they repented and stopped their bad deeds, Allah forgave them and granted them paradise :)

Think about it insh :)

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 01:32 PM

:salamext:

bro seek refuge in Allah coz the shaytaans got you on a tight grip and it seems like out of the steps of shaytaan your nearing the top... be careful bro. You think God dont exist? have you actually seriously sat down and thought about it? The most illogical concept is that God does NOT exist and this can be seen by the fact that many people just seem to naturally think theres a God even though they been through life dealing with so much vice. If thats not enough then we can go back to creation and thinking about just where did everything come from? Dont say by chance bro, i kno ur more intelligent then that ;).

its funny that u say you dont hang around with any pious people because the prophet saws actually said something to which the meaning is that people slowly turn into those they hang around with. seriously read this:

The Day that the wrong-doer will bite at his hands, he will say, "Oh! would that I had taken a (straight) path with the Messenger!
Surah Al-Furqan Verse 27

this verse was revealed by Allah to Muhammad saws when a man had uttered his acceptance of islam in public but then due to his friend hating islam he went and renounced his faith and even spat at the mubarak face of our beloved prophet saws.

YOU DONT WANNA END UP LIKE THAT MAN!!!!

think CAREFULLY, WHO do you feel better being around? those who do good? or those who go around drinking/smoking/lying/cheating etc etc.

bro give up evil, wallahi those who keep doing evil will never succeed!

If they had kept their Faith and guarded themselves from evil, far better had been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!
Surah Al-Baqara Verse 103

as the prophet saws shouted "ya sabaha" to warn the makkans i shout at you bro, STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHO DO EVIL, THINK ABOUT CREATION AND DO NOT BE ONE O THOSE FULL OF REGRET IN THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT.

bro keep posting more, inshaAllah i will reply

lets keep talking, even if you wanna chat on MSN let me kno, but dont let go brO!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 01:34 PM

DOWNLOAD HERE

Do not despair that Allah will not forgive you for your sins, nor should you take Allah's forgiveness for granted. One must strive to strike a balance between the two by asking for tauba from Allah for their sins. As Brother Yasir mentions in the cd: "...you must strive to be the best of the sinners because the best of the sinners ask for tauba...

From the Back Cover: We continue to commit acts of disobedience against our very purpose of existence and we often times don't notice. Shaykh Yasir warns us from taking a lax attitude towards asking for forgiveness and also reminds us, using heart softening ahadith, not to fall into despair or neglect the importance of tauba.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Talha777
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Im not friends with any people who pray or fast...most of my friends are like me
The root of your problem is the type of company you are in. If you are in the company of pious people, you will naturally want to be religious as well, and you will experience a living Islam. But if you are in the company of the riff raff, and you try to practice your religion, it is only natural it would seem futile to you. It would seem that your religion is of no use to you, especially since all of your friends have nothing to do with it.

Say: "I will not follow your wain desires: If I did, I would stray from the path, and be not of the company of those who receive guidance." (6:56)

Your claim that you see nothing useful about religion, and that it only breeds hate and violence is your psychological justification for becoming unrighteous. When people feel guilty about something, they will naturally try to justify their behavior somehow.

So my sincere advice to you is to leave the company of those people who are harming your faith, and you start making friends with the pious people. Insha Allah, you will find that they are much more friendly and accepting, and they are not "artificial" either, they will care about you and make your life much healthier and better.

It's never to late, the doors of repentence are always open.

There are seven keys to answered prayer:

To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith) (98:5)

#1 pray sincerely and fervently to Almighty Allah. pray to Him for each and every of your need. Do not feel shy, ask Him for EVERYTHING you need, become totally dependent on Him through salaat. Remain true to His cause and to the Faith, and offer Him any and every sacrifice which you are called to do.

These are the Ayats of Revelation, of a Qur'an that makes things clear (15:1)

#2 Study the Holy Quran regularly and consistently, do independent study as well as attend dars Quran classes in your local masjid or jamaat. Studying the Holy Quran will give you greater understanding and wisdom, and will thus increase your faith and draw you nearer to your Lord above.

Then He turned to them, that they might repent: for Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful (9:118)

#3 Repent of your past sins and lifestyle. Amend your evil ways, and begin a new life as a religiously observant Muslim. Every now and then people fall and go astray, but you must resolve to refresh your life and return to the Straight Path. Do not go further down the pit of doom, but once you have realized your peril, begin to climb up toward the light.

For these, there is hope that Allah will forgive: For Allah doth blot out (sins) and forgive again and again (4:99)

#4 Forgive other people what they have done to you, and become humble. If you want Allah Taala to forgive you and begin a fresh relationship with you, you must do the same with others.

And in Allah should the faithful (Ever) put their trust (3:122)

#5 Have absolute and unconditional faith in Allah. No matter how ugly the situation may be, never lose hope or faith in the promise of Allah. Never believe for a second that He will not come to your rescue when you need Him.

And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship). (2:43)

#6 Be consistent in your worship, pray five times a day daily. If you are consistent in your prayers, and not erratic, you will find Allah will answer your prayers and He will manifest His favour in your life very clearly. Also, give frequent charity and alms for the cause of Allah. Do not become attached to money, but derive joy from spending it for the sake of strengthening your faith.

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith (2:152)

#7 Praise Allah and be grateful for what you already have. Become happy and not gloomy, and sing the praises of Allah for each and every little, as well as big thing, that helps you.

losing_faith
04-23-2007, 01:44 PM
I cant read the Quran. I remember some surahs from the last chapter but Ive mostly forgotten them.

I havent been inside a mosque in the past year. I want to become like I was again but I just cant. I dont know what to do now.

I try to go back to praying but I just stop after the first time.

I also havent fasted in three years. I also forgot some of the things you say in prayer, especially the bit you say sitting down.

siFilam
04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Brother, I advise you not to abandon hope in Allah’s Mercy. He said in Surah
Az-Zumar:
39:53 Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah Az-Zumar).
Your post is a sign of your worry and wanting to be a better Muslim. Don't stop believing in Allah. The doubts regarding His Divine existence may be due to your sins and haram consumptions. Try to cut these for the sake of Allah. First, start by performing Salah again. Try to have Khusssouh in your Salah, than you'll feel the difference and will long to pray more, Inshallah.
Read this, it helped me tremendously.
http://www.islamicawakening.com/view...hp?articleID=2

Here is an important Hadith relating to your situations:

“Among those who came before you was a man who killed 99 people. He then asked to be guided to the most prolific worshiper from the inhabitants of earth, and he was directed to a monk. He went to him and told him that he had killed 99 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The Monk said, “No.” The man killed him, thus making him his 100th (victim). He then asked to be directed to the most knowledgeable of earth’s inhabitants and he was guided to a scholar. He went to him and told him that he head killed 100 people and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The scholar said “yes, and who will stank between you and repentance. Go to such and such land, for in it dwell a people who worship Allah, so go and worship Allah with them. And do not return to your land, for it is indeed a land of evil.” He left, and when he reached the halfway point of his journey he died. The angels of Mercy and the angels of Punishment disputed with one another (in regard to his case). The angles of Mercy said “He came to us repentant, advancing with his heard towards Allah.” But the angels of Punishment said “Indeed he never performed any good deeds.” Then an angled came in the form of a human being, and both groups of angels asked him to judge between them. He said “measure the distance between the two lands. Whichever land he is closer to is the land that he is closer to (in terms of being its people). They then measured the distance and found that he was closer to the land that he was heading towards and so it was the angels of Mercy who then look his soul.” (Al-Bukhari 3470, Muslim: 2766)

Even though this man killed 100 people Allah still allowed the angels of Mercy to take his soul. The key is sincere repentance which includes firm intention not to return to the sins again among other factors.
Note the Scholar advised the man to leave his present environment to seek a better surrounding that encourages obedience and worship of Allah, Az wa Jal. If you are sincere about changing for the Sake of Allah, than find friends whose hearts are attached to Allah and His Messenger’s (peace and blessings be upon him) Sunnah.

wasalam
-SI-

siFilam
04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I cant read the Quran. I remember some surahs from the last chapter but Ive mostly forgotten them.

I havent been inside a mosque in the past year. I want to become like I was again but I just cant. I dont know what to do now.

I also havent fasted in three years. I also forgot some of the things you say in prayer, especially the bit you say sitting down.
no problem brother, you can learn everything again Inshallah. the point is to change yourself before the Angel of Death (peace be upon him) comes to take your soul. Try to pray in the Masjid until you learn everything again. don't let shaytan fool you into believing that you can't change. That is the biggest deception he plays on us.

wasalam
-SI-

Abdul Fattah
04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi brother
I'm sorry to hear this. It seems to me part of yourself still wants to believe, otherwise you wouldn't be here right? Unless you're just looking for us to give you an excuse to continue down that road. Either way, it seems to me the thing you're struggling the most with is not practicing but believing. If you'd be truly convinced of Islam, following it would be a lot easier, but when you have doubts, practicing becomes nearly impossible to maintain for long, especially if you are surrounded by non-practicing people. So my main advice to you would be: "If you have doubts, look it up".
Read the Qur'an, read books about Islam, spend time on this forum. Ask any question that bothers you, or that makes you doubt Islam. Ask an Imam, or if you're shy, ask it here, maybe there might be someone here who can clear your doubts inshaAllah.

Now to adress some of the things you brought up:
Prayer is very important. Allah subhana wa ta'ala has created us purely with the purpose of worshiping him.
I did not create the Jinn and Mankind except for My worship (Surah adh-Dhaariyiat, 51:56.)
That by itself should be sufficient for a firm believer, but lucky for us, it doesn't end there, and there are a whole lot of benefits in prayer to alhamdulillah. See we are constantly misguided by shaytan. He makes the dunya appear important to us and makes us forget all about the afterlife. That's why praying 5 times a day, among giving us many other benefits, it should help us to remind us to the truth of life. It should remind us that we are here on earth to be tested, and it should remind us of the day that we will be gathered in front of our creator. Another obvious benefit of prayer are the many rewards that Allah subhana wa ta'ala will apoint for it in the next life. So although we see no immediate reward, it is an investment of time. and remember:
By Allah, this world in comparison to the hereafter is nothing but as though one of you dipped his finger in the sea. So ponder how much, the finger returns with.

Don't think that God has given up on you. The gates of mercy are still open and there is room to repent and get forgiveness. the only tricky part is, you have to instigate it. You have to make the first step. Don't just wait for guidance to happen.

As for breeding hate and violence. Look at it this way. Everything that has potential, can be used either way. every single scientific development has been aplied in destructive ways before it has been applied in constructive ways. Every potential can go both ways. so the question you should ask is not: why are some misusing faith for war and hate. The question that should bother you is: why is faith such a powerful potential that even a distorted version can get so many people moving.

Looking foprward for your response, may Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide you

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
thats ok inshaAllah, you can learn it again and this time you can learn it with the meaning :), see that way you'll enjoy it more :D... bro trust me when you hear the stories behind the meanings its sooo deep!!! subhanAllah!

you can trust me :), all you gotta to is establish the prayer thats it, jus giv up the evil and establish the prayer, and once u do that everything will fall into place :).

you gotta stop the evil first :p

again bro, all this will become easier when you stop the evil and start praying.

bit sitting down? you mean tashahud etc?

dont worry thats short and easy to learn stuff :D

losing_faith
04-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I forgot all of the things you say when you sit down. Arabic isnt my first language so its very difficult for me to memorise it.
And now that i think of it I dont even have one muslim friend.

Ill take your advice and start praying this though, hopefully its not too late for me.

------
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM

..im starting to doubt his existance.
May I ask why brother?

losing_faith
04-23-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

May I ask why brother?
I dont see him anywhere. I dont see him helping people (even those that help themselves). I dont feel that he can influence anything.

Ayesha Rana
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
How can it be too late for u bro? If u wan to be guided Insha\'Allah Allah will make the path to Jannah easy for u.
If a person prays sincerely for Jannah 3 times a day then Jannah asks Allah to let that person enter into it and Allah (swt) eases his path to Jannah Insha\'Allah:)

------
04-23-2007, 02:34 PM

So I guess that you haven't experienced any miracles ?

I dont see him helping people
Brother, can't u see, Allaah swt is providing ALL human beings sustenance (food and drink) whether they believe in Him or not. Is that not helping? Without water for 3 days a person can die.

Ameer Hamza
04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
u have to do yourself nobody can change u and ur mind so Nimaz is the best way to rebulid u and ur life so try to got ur pray at time and inshallah u will feel well
Inshallah!

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum (peace be upon you) bro. :)

I urge you to read this thread bro:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ying-out.html?

Its about how once upon a time a person may have had strong emaan [faith], but for some reason it just dies out.. and the person tries to get it back again, so it just gives some tips on what to do to strengthen it once again. I hope you can spend some of your time to check it out. :)

Peace.

losing_faith
04-23-2007, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

So I guess that you haven't experienced any miracles ?

Brother, can't u see, Allaah swt is providing ALL human beings sustenance (food and drink) whether they believe in Him or not. Is that not helping? Without water for 3 days a person can die.
I cant say I have. When I was younger(14) I prayed a lot and was generally very content. Now I dont see any point. I was basically without religion after 19 till now.

I feel bad though and thats why I came here.

------
04-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Brother check the above thread mentioned by brother Fi Sabilillah Inshaa Allaah.

Ayesha Rana
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
You dont realise what u have until its gone bro... look around u at the blessings Allah has bestowed upon u. u can see, eat, breathe, u have a place to sleep even access to a computer.
I know it seems too simple to mention bro but u have so much-Allah has given u existence-the chance to Be. The chance to earn Jannah-Jannah exists bro u just have to understand that... why would any of us do anything if there was no reward-dont let ur past good deeds go to waste.
I\'ll tell u a beatiful story:
A very practicing man was once asked what made him such a good muslim. He said that he was once very bad and used to have a diary in which he recorded with pride all his evil deeds. One day he went out and saw a beautiful woman so he signalled for her to come to him. When she came closer he noticed that she looked terrified and he assured her \"i will not harm u\" but she continued to tremble with fear like the leaf of a date stalk in the wind. His previos intentions vanished and he asked about herself. She told him that she had never ventured out of the house like this before but her daughters had not tasted food for 3 days.
After finding out where she lived he returned home and went to her house with as much food money and clothes as he could carry. When he got home he told his mother what he had done and she said that since this was the first good deed he had ever done he should record it in his diary. so he openned his diary to do so and found all the pages that once displayed his sins were blank! On the very first page was written the words \'for Verily the Good deeds wipe out the evil ones\'

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Oh yeah, jazaak Allaah khayr sister Ayesha - bro you can check more stories of how people changed themselves and they changed their lives for the better.

The story above is from this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...epentance.html

It's called Stories of Repentance, i hope you can check that out also. Whenever you got the time.

Woodrow
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM

Just my opinion. I do not believe you have lost faith. I think you have just taken a vacation from it. If you had lost it, you would have no concern about it and no desire to regain it.

I think you are just having a bad case of Monday Morning 'Blahs". You took a vacation from faith. Came home and seen the house is a mess and know you have to get back to work and pay the price for the vacation you took.

I would suggest as a first step is to concentrate on your 5 daily prayers. Prayer is the most powerful helping hand you can receive.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
:sl:

Don't lose your faith yet!

As for hadith, the Prophet (pbuh) said:
"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."

Sometimes you succeed in achieving your goal and sometimes you fail. Suppose all your endeavours fail and if you have no faith in Allah, then you will be disappointed. But if you have faith in Allah, then you will not be sorry even if you fail. To place faith in other sources is described as ‘Shirk’ in the holy Quran. So have faith in Allah in whatever you do and desist from putting faith in other sources. The importance of medium is not more than that of a mosquito. It is a deception that people living in this materialistic world should have their eyes on ‘Asabab’. It is a ‘waswasa’ of Shaitan. ‘Materialistic world’ means that the existence of things is because of mediums and causes. Therefore man should not put faith in mediums. His faith should always be on Allah. Whenever Allah wishes, He will create ‘asbab’

Don’t be misguided that to earn your living, you have to run after it, because all things have been created so that the world’s administration keeps on moving. Allah’s blessing are not dependant on these things. Have faith in Allah.

*{All praise is to Allah, the Lord of the worlds!}*

Talha777
04-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I forgot all of the things you say when you sit down. Arabic isnt my first language so its very difficult for me to memorise it.
And now that i think of it I dont even have one muslim friend.Ill take your advice and start praying this though, hopefully its not too late for me.
For people who have absolutely no knowledge how to read Holy Quran in Arabic, I highly recommend the following online course. http://www.as-sidq.org/durusulQuran/...sulquran1.html

In just nine lessons, you will learn the letters of the alphabet, how to pronounce, how to recognize each letter in its initial, middle, and end shape, and other important rules of tajweed. This is a very excellent resource, so if you cannot read Holy Quran it is no problem at all, do not despair, but if you make an effort to better your knowledge, I am sure Allah Taala will help you along the way and greatly ease your burden.

http://www.as-sidq.org/durusulQuran/...sulquran1.html

And don't forget my seven keys to answered prayer:

To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith) (98:5)

#1 pray sincerely and fervently to Almighty Allah. pray to Him for each and every of your need. Do not feel shy, ask Him for EVERYTHING you need, become totally dependent on Him through salaat. Remain true to His cause and to the Faith, and offer Him any and every sacrifice which you are called to do.

These are the Ayats of Revelation, of a Qur'an that makes things clear (15:1)

#2 Study the Holy Quran regularly and consistently, do independent study as well as attend dars Quran classes in your local masjid or jamaat. Studying the Holy Quran will give you greater understanding and wisdom, and will thus increase your faith and draw you nearer to your Lord above.

Then He turned to them, that they might repent: for Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful (9:118)

#3 Repent of your past sins and lifestyle. Amend your evil ways, and begin a new life as a religiously observant Muslim. Every now and then people fall and go astray, but you must resolve to refresh your life and return to the Straight Path. Do not go further down the pit of doom, but once you have realized your peril, begin to climb up toward the light.

For these, there is hope that Allah will forgive: For Allah doth blot out (sins) and forgive again and again (4:99)

#4 Forgive other people what they have done to you, and become humble. If you want Allah Taala to forgive you and begin a fresh relationship with you, you must do the same with others.

And in Allah should the faithful (Ever) put their trust (3:122)

#5 Have absolute and unconditional faith in Allah. No matter how ugly the situation may be, never lose hope or faith in the promise of Allah. Never believe for a second that He will not come to your rescue when you need Him.

And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship). (2:43)

#6 Be consistent in your worship, pray five times a day daily. If you are consistent in your prayers, and not erratic, you will find Allah will answer your prayers and He will manifest His favour in your life very clearly. Also, give frequent charity and alms for the cause of Allah. Do not become attached to money, but derive joy from spending it for the sake of strengthening your faith.

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith (2:152)

#7 Praise Allah and be grateful for what you already have. Become happy and not gloomy, and sing the praises of Allah for each and every little, as well as big thing, that helps you.

*KB*
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM

right this may shake you up but i suggest you punch yourself (not literally) and realise where you are in your life have patience Allah is most Great you need to be patient. also you know you feel bad about this do you know why? because you know you're a good person down inside well reach for that eprson and take hold of it and kick the shaytan (literally) OUT OF YOUR LIFE.

PLEASE take my advice and the brothers and sisters advices and may Allah help you to come back.

*KB*
:coolious:

Qurratul Ayn
04-23-2007, 04:53 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh My Dear Brother losing_faith, what are you doing???

Brother, you cannot give up Islam like that or lose faith in it especially in these times in the world, as many Muslims unfortunately are going to Western times which is not very good and is leading to the path of HELL.

Dear Brother, listen to the advice you are being given and take heed. Go to Masjids and prayers and ask Allah ta'ala to help you get back on the path. You know this life is a TEST!!! Which you have to pass in order to go to JANNAH and not go to HELL!!! This life is a struggle and there will be obstacles all the way until the day you die and even then as you will have to be judged by Allah Ta'ala.

All I can tell you is to pray to THE ALMIGHTY ONE for help and guidance, please give up these habits that will lead you nowhere.

Ask help and questions of knowing more about Islam to your Parents, the Imam at the local Masjid and this website too as there are many people who will and have helped you but ultimately Allah Ta'ala is the only One you can ask for help and repent to Him to forgive your sins and to caome back on the straight path.

And how could you say that religion breeds hate and violence? Did you not know from a young age that Islam only is peace and eans no harm to peole? How do you think there are so many people that have converted to Islam? They didn't think religion breeds hate and violence, it may portray Islam as doing that as thse times only Allah Ta'ala can help and living in a Western country doesn't help people see the good side of Islam, the converts reserched, spent ttheir own time in looking into Islam to discover is it really true what they say on televsidion? When they find out the truth about Islam they realise Islam is peace and care not hate and violence.

May Allah Ta'ala help you come back on the straight path and others who have gone astray by the Shaytaan

snakelegs
04-27-2007, 06:27 AM
you are obviously not happy living this way and feel an emptiness in your life.
in a way it sounds like you have fallen in with the wrong people.
i think it's important that you walk away from them and try to make friends among practicing muslims - it will make it a lot easier than trying to go it alone.

Hemoo
04-27-2007, 06:57 AM
no matter what have you done, you can always make a new good start.

open a new page with islam as soon as possible.

and
you will need to do two things in the same time which are:

1-start doing the 5 pillars of islam,the 5 prayers and fasting ,etc

here is a link to help you http://hemo3d.awardspace.com/Esite/Einfo.htm

2-start to seek education in the Aqida (Faith), FiQh(jurisprudence) in the books of Aqida you will find good knowledge about the blessings that Allah has Given to you and you can learn about the evidences of the Prophet (peace be upon him) prophethood.

if recommend books like explanation of Aqida Wasitya or Aqida Thawya and you can find seperate books that shows some of the prophecies of Muhammad (P.B.U.H) coming true.

maybe this thread can help you:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ing-quran.html

Snowflake
04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE]
It may seem that worshipping Allah hasn't got you anywhere. But of course that's not true. The fruit of our good deeds isn't always given in this world. How do you know that when you prayed, a magnificent house wasn't built for you in Jannah? How do you know that worshipping your Creator hadn't qualified you for Jannatul-Firdaus? You're only 21. How do you know what heaps of rewards and benefits you would've achieved in the future?

Good deeds are like seeds. They don't always flower straightaway. Some may flower in this life, yet some in the here-after. How can you think there's no point when Allah even rewards the intention we make to do a good deed? Personally I'd rather be rewarded for my good deeds in the here-after when I'll have nothing else to save me from the torture of Hell-Fire. Wouldn't you?

No! The people you call friends are your worst enemies. True friends would be concerned about your life now and in the here-after, not lead you to destruction. You say you doubt God's existence, na udhu billah! If you allow that doubt to turn you into a total disbeliever then imagine what'll happen when you die and all of a sudden you are facing God? What will you do? What will you say? Nothing! You will be a total loser. Think about it and read this thread.

Please bear with me, I'm searching for the thread I wanted to post.

And drinking and doing all sorts of other things doesn't create violence and corruption in society? How many drunks batter their wives, get into fights, run over/kill innocent people and destroy lives by having drunken one-night stands and spread STD's and Aids? How many pregnancies result of such stupidity and how many abortions are carried out to get rid of unwanted children? How many druggies steal others property to fund their habit and kill/attack people cuz they were high on drugs? Those are just small examples. Are people doing this because of religion? You say religion creates hatred and violence but you don't see what the lack of religion has created - a Hell on Earth! The war between the East & West has nothing to do with religion but greed and politics.

You said you don't know what you want. How about starting with educating yourself with the facts. On a deeper level, you may not have any problems in your life (although I think you have many), why not make yourself capable of helping those who are less fortunate. There are non muslims who are working to help the needy, so even if you see it as your muslim duty, there's still no excuse not to do it for the sake of humanity.

I don't expect you to be a deep thinker at your age, but I suggest you start reading the Quran with understanding and find your way to the Truth. A person can offer salah and still remain ignorant. The Quran is your Guide to the Truth. Why do you think more and more people are reverting all the time? Even non muslim scientists who've studied the Quran confirm that such knowledge could have only come a Divine Source. And there's you a muslim, saying you doubt God exists? You can't give a builder bricks and mortar and expect him to build a house if he refuses to use them. In the same way, if you want to build yourself a better life in this life and the akhirah, you have to start using the tools Allah has provided. And that is the Quran and sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH). May Allah have mercy on you and guide you to the right Path.

SirZubair
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I truly believe that anyone who 'lost faith' didn't have 'faith' in the 1st place.

Once you believe, unless you become Insane, you cannot start to disbelieve.

Ayesha Rana
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
And dont ever thing that Allah does not love you... He loves us 70 times more than a mother does for her child. We can turn to Him in repentance again and again. He has given you a chance to go back on to the straight way even now... u are still alive right? its not too late.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.