/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Of The Cyber Communities – Dark Side of the Picture.

Tilmeez
04-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Of The Cyber Communities – Dark Side of the Picture.

Cyber era has locked us into our very own rooms – do you agree??
Let me elaborate it a little. As most of us do live on one or the other cyber community (like we do here on LI) with having different purposes in mind. I have seen a very few people who come on a certain time and stay for a certain time and then leave no matter how important thread/discussion is in progress. On the other hand, you will find some people online when ever you come online (Woodrow is exception to this rule!).
Also most of the members here are students and are in the middle of their educational portfolio.

Remaining most of time online might keep us update for what’s going on international frontiers but this leave us ignorant from our next door neighbours. Most of the time we miss our Salat with gathering as we remained preoccupied with our COMMUNITY THINGS. This reminds me of the Hadith of Prophet (Saw) that he said (context): So many a time I was reminded for the rights of neighbours that I feared they will get share in inheritance.
So my dear brothers and sisters do indulge in cyber communities but don’t be ignorant from you next door neighbours. Because Allah must ask you about him not us. This does not, anyhow, dictates that you should not come online on LI or any other community this only suggests that do roam in your own street as well and look for the opportunity where you can be beneficial to others.

This is being posted with an intention that this will benefit others and might add weightage to my scale on the day of judgment.

PS: This thread was supposed to be in Cyber Counceling Section but due to closer of the Section for any new post this is being posted here with the hope that I will get it moved there as the section opens, :inshallah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
jazakAllah khair bro for a reminder.

may Allah reward your good intentions inshaAllah.

Ameen

Woodrow
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
:sl:

The cyber world like all things, is double edged. One side is a sharp useful tool. But the other side of this same tool can be destructive and undo any good.

The reality is the internet can become habitual.

Some good questions to ask ourselves:

Do I miss prayers?

Am I ignoring family?

Do I get angry if somebody says I spend too much time on the PC?

If you answer yes, perhaps you may be spending too much time on the internet.

Some of us because of age or health, seldom leave our rooms much less the house. For those of us the internet is our main contact with the outside world and is our social life. But if you do not have any restricting factors that confine you to a very limited physical world, you need to ask yourself the simple question:

Is the cyber world helping you live life or is it limiting your life?

Tilmeez
04-24-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The cyber world like all things, is double edged. One side is a sharp useful tool. But the other side of this same tool can be destructive and undo any good.
Unlike other creature Allah has given us WILL! Now its up to us what side we go for.

Do I miss prayers?

Am I ignoring family?

Do I get angry if somebody says I spend too much time on the PC?
Nice Qs one should keep asking him/her self. And for answering there it should be no lies.

Some of us because of age or health, seldom leave our rooms much less the house. For those of us the internet is our main contact with the outside world and is our social life.
this could be an exception to above rule.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
:sl:

Nice reminder bro :)
may Allah reward your good intentions inshaAllah.
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.