/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia false imformation.

Hashim_507
04-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Wikipedia does not give a good information about Islam. The non-muslims wrote many articles thats misleading. Do not trust those information unless its not wikipedia website. I have read many of the article and it was not good information.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Philosopher
04-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Can you elaborate?

Strzelecki
04-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Wikipedia is an excellant source for any information, IMO. I haven't been wronged by it yet.
Why not take advantage of the ability to edit articles if you don't like what you see?

Pk_#2
04-25-2007, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
Wikipedia is an excellant source for any information, IMO. I haven't been wronged by it yet.
Why not take advantage of the ability to edit articles if you don't like what you see?
If anyone can edit them then i don't think it is so reliable. :mmokay:

Peace be upon those who follow guidance..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
siFilam
04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
In Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

Someone asked about Wiki on Askimam.org:

"I would like to know if the contents on Wikipedia about all Islam in general can be considered correct. Are you aware of any scholars in Islam that participate and assist in validation of the content. The url i is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

Wikkipedia is indeed an information portal, but the material from wikkipedia cannot be completely relied one since it is open to editing by anyone. Therefore no Guarantee can be given about the information being authentic or not.

Besides that, after skimming through the main Islam article, following points were worth pointing out.

1. The majority of references for the main article on Islam are Christian Sources and Authors.
2. It also refers to Javed Ghamdi to whom Ulema have taken apprehension due to his views which are contradictory to main stream Ulema.
3. It shows the falsity of Shias as acceptable and thus makes Shias as a valid sect under Islam.
4. It also differentiates AhlSunnah from Sufism, whereas Sufism(Tazkiyatun Nafs) is the former.

Thus we recommend not taking Wikkipedia as an authentic source. There are many authentic Islamic websites available. We should rather use them.

Views of Computer Dept.

Madrassah In’aamiyyah"

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...5f769d0e4fccd6

So, we should not rely on wiki for Islamic information. but I don't know about the other subjects.

wasalam
-SI-

NoName55
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
3. It shows the falsity of Shias as acceptable and thus makes Shias as a valid sect under Islam
So does LI as do all "Muslim" governments

Wa-Salaam Alaikum

Talha777
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Wikipedia is obvioulsy not 100% true all the time, but from my experience it generally has good information and resources. There are many, many "Islamic" websites out there which are also misleading and disseminating falsehood as well. Therefore, one should use it mostly for reference, and verify its claims through cross reference with Islamic resources online.

- Qatada -
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM

I think this would be more reliable inshaa Allaah:

http://muslimwikipedia.com/

- Qatada -
04-25-2007, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

Wa-Salaam Alaikum

I think its just a good chance of giving dawah to them. And many ignorant shi'as dont know about their beliefs either, so we cant class them as disbelievers.

siFilam
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

Wa-Salaam Alaikum
there is a thread on LI that points out the deviated beliefs of the Shia.
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...-overview.html

Muslim goverments are puppets, u can't count on them to preserve Islam.

wasalam
-SI-

Keltoi
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't use Wikipedia for research paper source material or anything like that, but overall it does have useful information. They need to find a way to prohibit editing by just anybody though.

Strzelecki
04-26-2007, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I wouldn't use Wikipedia for research paper source material or anything like that, but overall it does have useful information. They need to find a way to prohibit editing by just anybody though.
But that's the gimick!
Vandals are punished. And if there is flase info, there's always someone out there to set the record straight. I know I like to add/correct. :)

NoName55
04-26-2007, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
But that's the gimick!
Vandals are punished. And if there is flase info, there's always someone out there to set the record straight. I know I like to add/correct. :)
There are more than a thousand admins and recent change Patrols to chase away vandals and undo false edits

wa-salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.