/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons why islam is ''true religion''

scared one
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
1. belief - believe in allah(god) and his oneness. In islam belief in allah is strongly enforced, islams 2 bros judaism and christanity don't talk about allah having a messegener and don't mention him being the last one.

2. teachings - the quran has revealed that the word of allah has been tampered or altered with several times. quran has said two groups of people of messed with it the jews and the christians.

3. doctrine of salvation - jews have almost the same believe but they don't talk about a messenger and don't say that thats the last prophet. christians belief in allah divided in three parts (almost close to the manifest destiny in hinduism)

4. prayer - in islam we pray more times a day than in judaism or christanity.

5. prophets/messengers - the quran has revealed the names of all of the prophets/messegeners sent down to earth by allah half of em rejected by the jews and christians.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Zakariya
08-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I think that islam is attractive because of these things (among others):

1. The Qu'aan - when you read it, there is no doubt in your mind that this is divine. It speaks to your heart... Also, there are prophecies, scientifical miracles etc.

2. The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam).
This is divided into three categories:
A. His message - the message that he came with is so great and beautiful. More about this later, insha'Allah.
B. His sincerety. He refused to recieve money, to be the king of Makkah, to get all the women he wanted when that was offered to him and the condition was that he stopped the message. He woke up at nights to pray, crying... Til' his feet swelled. He was poor and didn't care about the pomp and glitter of the dunya. He longed for the akhirah... A true prophet, salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam.
C. His miracles. The splitting of the moon. Water from his fingers. Isra wal miraj. His prophecies. etcetera.

3. The message altogether. Islam means submission to God. Every person knows that the simple and understandable message of islam is the truth. Everyone recognises this message. It fits with our fitrah. Yet, no other religion talks about the unity of God like islam does. No other religion talks about submission to God like islam does. No other religion talks about worship and prayer like islam does. This is surely a sign...

czgibson
08-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Hello,
As you can see, I'm an atheist, so I obviously don't agree with several things you say. However, I totally respect your right to believe what you think is right. I would like to ask you some questions about what you say, in the hope that I will be able to understand your beliefs better. Bear in mind, I am not trying to convert you to atheism - I can see your faith is strong.

format_quote Originally Posted by scared one
In islam belief in allah is strongly enforced,
I thought there was "no compulsion in religion"?

doctrine of salvation - jews have almost the same believe but they don't talk about a messenger and don't say that thats the last prophet. christians belief in allah divided in three parts (almost close to the manifest destiny in hinduism)
So what convinces you that the Islamic view is correct? You explain some of the differences here, but you don't give any reason for choosing one over the other.

prayer - in islam we pray more times a day than in judaism or christanity.
Yes, I'm always impressed by the dedication to prayer shown by the Muslims I have met. Also, in my experience, most Muslims are much more dedicated to their religion as a whole than most Christians (certainly in the UK, where I live).

prophets/messengers - the quran has revealed the names of all of the prophets/messegeners sent down to earth by allah half of em rejected by the jews and christians.
Again, what criteria do you use to decide who is right?

haroon1914
08-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Jazakallah Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
08-07-2005, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by haroon1914
Jazakallah Khair
What does this mean?

Bittersteel
08-07-2005, 10:02 AM
thanks I guess.

czgibson
08-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Ah, thank you.

It's hard learning about Islam without knowing Arabic!
I think I'll have to learn it...

Rabi'ya
08-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Jazak Allah does not means thanks, it means May Allah reward you for what you have done..or May Allah bless you for your good deed....

its used in the palce of thanks

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:

Bittersteel
08-07-2005, 10:34 AM
oh sorry
*embarrased*

Abdalla
08-07-2005, 11:42 AM
gibson, you do not ahve to know arabic fully only partially, actually only some few words would suffice like...

:sl: (Assalaamu aleikum) Greeting which means: Peace be upon you

(wa aleikum assalaam) Greeting in return to above: Peace be upon you to.

czgibson
08-07-2005, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdalla
gibson, you do not ahve to know arabic fully only partially, actually only some few words would suffice like...

:sl: (Assalaamu aleikum) Greeting which means: Peace be upon you

(wa aleikum assalaam) Greeting in return to above: Peace be upon you to.
Thank you. I already knew these two actually, from Muslim friends I have known. Rabi'ya has kindly sent me a list of some of the other common words that I will find on the forum here.

Everybody here is so helpful and kind. :)

Mohsin
08-07-2005, 02:28 PM
The simple answer to all these questions could be Qu'ran is the word of God. God has given us proof by sending down this beautiful revealtion, so if you want proof go read it, and you may be touched by it and may admit it to be word of God and may revert like hundreds of people are doing everyday. To prove its the Word of God there are sevral ways of doing this. Just look at the scientific miracles in the Qu'ran, look at the mathematicical miracles in the Qu'ran. Look at the example of the Prophet SAW, how could such a man suffer so much and lie. The Prophet Muhammed PBUH has been prophecised in so many of the other holy scriptures, including of course the jewish and christian scriptures, but also by Allah's great grace he is also prophecised in the Hindu Scriptures BY NAME, and also in the buddhist scriptures. How can alll this be?

For scientific miracles in the Qu'ran go to Quran And Modern Science - Conflict or Conciliation at
http://www.islamchannel.tv/multiMedi...9&isVideo=True

Also listen to "Is Qu'ran word of God" on the same site. This proves with logic how Qu'ran can only be word of God, and is actually aimed at Athiests, so you should give it a try
Both of these are by Zakir Naik, a true genius

For prophecies of prophet Muhammed PBUH in the world scriptures listen to "Allah's Messenger Mentioned In The Major World Religious Scriptures" which also gives references at http://www.islamchannel.tv/multiMedi...&isVideo=False

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Hello,

I thought there was "no compulsion in religion"?
Ye your absolutely right there is no compulsion in religion, as in no human is forcing you, but what the Sacred one meant was God's words leave you in no choice but to Submit to him, ie become a muslim

So what convinces you that the Islamic view is correct? You explain some of the differences here, but you don't give any reason for choosing one over the other.

It makes sense. Using our own logic, our brain is the geatest tool us humans possess. Allah in the Qu'ran urges us to think and ponder several times, and with our own logic we will see the truth. After all its what most Athiests claim to be, more logical than God believing people, just listen to the talk "Is Qu'ran word of God" and i'm sure you'll be thinking twice about atheism, Inshallah :)

Rabi'ya
08-09-2005, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
oh sorry
*embarrased*

lolz, sorry, didnt mean to embarass you :zip:

wa'alaikumasalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:

lyv4islam
08-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Asalamu alaikum
That is soooooooooooooo true :bravo: um but there a lot of other reasons its good that u mentioned some that are very convincing
mashaAllah
salamsundefined

Lateralus63
08-11-2005, 02:33 AM
:sl:

To sum up the whole truth within the religon of islam within a restriction of only 5 points is to probably ask for trouble, the whole reasoning and belief in islam is something which nowadays requires pages or paragraphs of eloquent reasoning, or face to face talking, or portraying islam within a person's action. I wont summarise it in 5 sentences, because summary is innaccurate although convienient, i place accuracy above convieniency, and at the moment i apologise i do not have the time to write lots of text on the truth of islam, simply the best way to experience the truth of islam is study the effect on other people from multiple and diverse perspectives and spectrums....positive and negative.

F.Y.
08-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Peace and G'day czgibson,
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with your quotation "There is no compulsion in religion." You see, this is a misquotation to be exact - the full verse has not been written down. What you have quoted is only part of the verse. The actual verse is "There is no compulsion in religion, let truth stand out from falsehood."

The following is a great site that attempts to correct misinformation and distortions or misconcceptions people have of Islam. It'd be worthwhile having a look.

http://www.load-islam.com/Polemics_&_Rebuttals

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.