Pages : [1] 2

Abdul-Raouf
02-13-2007, 03:01 AM

STARTS ON MARCH 13TH

(Group, Place, Country(ICC Rank))

Group A
St Kitts & Nevis

Australia (2)
South Africa (1) Scotland (_) The Netherlands (_)

Group B
Trinidad & Tobago

Sri Lanka (6)
India (5) Bangladesh (9) Bermuda (_)

Group C
St. Lucia

New Zealand (3)
England (7) Kenya (11) Canada (_)

Group D
Jamaica

Pakistan (4)
West Indies (8) Zimbabwe (10) Ireland (_)

OFFICIAL SITE : http://www.cricketworldcup.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
02-13-2007, 03:16 AM
India's World Cup squad

1 Rahul Dravid (capt)
2 Sourav Ganguly
3 Robin Uthappa
4 Sachin Tendulkar(vice capt)
5 Virender Sehwag
6 Yuvraj Singh
7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni
8 Dinesh Karthik
9 Irfan Pathan
10 Ajit Agarkar
11 Harbhajan Singh
12 Anil Kumble
13 Zaheer Khan
14 Sreesanth
15 Munaf Patel

Far7an
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
:sl:

Pakistan's squad:

1 Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), 2 Younis Khan (vice-captain), 3 Mohammad Hafeez, 4 Imran Nazir, 5 Mohammad Yousuf, 6 Shoaib Malik, 7 Abdul Razzaq, 8 Shahid Afridi, 9 Kamran Akmal, 10 Shoaib Akhtar, 11 Mohammad Asif, 12 Umar Gul, 13 Danish Kaneria 14 Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, 15 Rao Iftikhar Anjum

I don't know why Danish Kaneria is there! I can sense a flop!
now its obvious... teams for super eight:
World cup is full of surprises my friend!

Abdul-Raouf
02-20-2007, 03:04 AM
The aussies are looooooooooooosing.... ha ha great news.. we can expect some one else to be the champion this time... i want India to win... come on India

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
02-20-2007, 05:23 AM
I want Ganguly to knock each and everyone out of the stadium...... Come on DADA ... u can do it....

F.Y.
02-20-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm Aussie but I really think NZ will win this one. I'm being too kind I think or I've lost my marbles.
Peace

Far7an
02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
can b any asian team[india/pak/SL]
You got that right!

F.Y.
02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Pakistan could never win. I'm sorry but I really truly doubt it. Its going to be SA or NZ in my opinion.
Peace

Abdul-Raouf
02-20-2007, 09:20 AM
New Zealand win the series 3-0.......... Ha Ha ha.....

Abdul-Raouf
02-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Australia must find answers quickly
Ian Chappell

The ideal build-up for Australia after losing the finals series to England would've been to travel to New Zealand and quickly rebuild confidence. To do this they needed Ponting to lead them back to winning form and not a fill-in leader - especially not one who is unsuited to captaincy. Having lost the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy on top of the Commonwealth Bank series, Australia is now not only an injury-hit side but also a team searching for answers and confidence.

Ponting has a huge rehabilitation job to do as captain and he has no choice but to treat the two warm-up matches against England and Zimbabwe as though they actually count for the World Cup. Confidence-boosting wins in those two games may not restore the team to outright favouritism, but it might help clear up that dose of World Cup fever that is raging through the side at the moment.

for more
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/nzva...ry/280838.html

Helena
02-20-2007, 08:57 PM
erm isnt the cricket starting in march? which date exactly?

how many countries are participating? name each countries plz....

Kittygyal
02-20-2007, 08:59 PM
salam

i guess i vote NONE, dn't lyk cricket bt playin it is mch beta

soccer all ze way respect

w.s

M2A^AKIB^
02-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Where's Bangladesh in the poll???:rolleyes:

Abdul-Raouf
02-21-2007, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
erm isnt the cricket starting in march? which date exactly?

how many countries are participating? name each countries plz....
its up there .... start of the thread...

Abdul-Raouf
02-21-2007, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
Where's Bangladesh in the poll???:rolleyes:

You are expecting a lot ...:rolleyes:.... from Bangladesh... dont put pressure on them man....

M2A^AKIB^
02-21-2007, 01:40 AM
u never know when they kill every single team.

i was really surprised when i heard that bangladesh beat the Aussies...

we got too much ups and downs

i used like pakistan just for cricket, but now i am moving towards my wonderful country :D!
i still like the paks a little.

i think i'll vote the paks, since i have no choice.

Helena
02-21-2007, 09:10 AM
erm bangladesh do have sometime have shocking/surprising moments...at certain times.....

it is my country at the end......but will go for Pakistan/Australia/england....now am spoilt with choices....let the best team win....

erm how long does the each game work out?....is the structure similar to footie?

Far7an
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
Pakistan could never win.
Once upon a time the earth could never have been round.

Siraaj
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Australia are in poor form, going through a rough patch, and all that happened just after Australia changed their jersey colour from yellow to deep green. ;D

so, now I believe that India is hot contender to win the World Cup this time.
India is an excellent team, with experience, class, energy and passion, and they are in great form, and I am absolutely happy for Saurav Ganguly, what a comeback ! masha'Allah

A7med
02-23-2007, 08:32 AM

Aussie star Lee out of World Cup (yeppi :p)
Australia fast bowler Brett Lee has been ruled out of next month's World Cup with an ankle injury.

The 30-year-old will be replaced in their 15-man squad by New South wales team-mate Stuart Clark, who took 26 wickets in the recent Ashes series.

Lee injured ligaments in his left ankle last week while training.

"It is a great disappointment for Brett Lee and it is a significant blow for our planning and preparation," said chief selector Andrew Hilditch.

"However, it does give a tremendous opportunity for Stuart Clark, who was extremely unlucky to miss out on initial selection."

Lee, who has 267 wickets from 150 one-day internationals - 22 of them taken during the 2003 World Cup in South Africa, will not be able to resume bowling for two to three months.

"There's too much pain there - there was absolutely no chance of me playing in the World Cup," he commented.
More on BBC

More on Cricinfo

waji
02-23-2007, 10:39 AM

can't say any thing about Pakistan right now but i hope Pakistan will do well in WC

have fun
www.playcricketonline.com
here make ur team for a month and gain points on performance of ur team

www.stickcricket.com
an online game

:w:

chacha_jalebi
02-23-2007, 03:08 PM
brett lee is out and i tink australia is out of winnin d cup now, inshallah Pakistan will win :D they got best team, if they all fit then woo hoo

chacha_jalebi
02-23-2007, 03:44 PM
^ lol yeh if, but there is a massive chance they will all be fit

as long mohammad asif is there then its okie but shoaib will be good

still pakistan too win :D

Far7an
02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Shoaib Akhtar and Muhammed Asif taking drug tests later this week! Ya Allaah.

zAk or Al Madani, stop messing around with the poll!

chacha_jalebi
02-23-2007, 03:55 PM
inshallah they will be fine i think they learnt their lesson now, by missin the champions trophy, also Afridi gona take it aswell

afridi misses the 1st two games, but hopefuly that shouldnt affect pakistan, because its windies and ireland :D

Islam_sister
02-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Well all i know is as being of an West Indian background.. I think that West Indies are going to Win* Big ups* Yah Don Know!.. But Austrilia is a great team too soo i hape they win the cup.. and the world cup game is playing in my homeland Antigua soo you all should come to Antigua and watch it.. Its going to be CRAZZZYYY!!

Peace!

Abdul-Raouf
02-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Irfan got to shine .......

Dilip Vengsarkar, the former Indian captain who's currently the head of the national selection committee, has issued a stern warning to allrounder Irfan Pathan, saying he would be dropped from the World Cup squad unless he proved his match fitness in Sunday's Deodhar Trophy game in Ahmedabad.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/281360.html

Siraaj
02-24-2007, 12:30 PM

All teams are suffering with injury problems, except for India.
India looks to be the fittest team going into the World Cup with only just one player Irfan Pathan battling it out for his his fitness.

chacha_jalebi
02-24-2007, 12:38 PM
^ india aint winnin jack, they dont have that sting anymore, sehwag cant bat, dhoni cant hit the 6s anymore, only player in form for them right now is ganguly, and indias bowlin is rubbish :D

pakistan to win :D

Far7an
02-24-2007, 12:56 PM
How dare Gilchrist return so soon after the birth of his child! He should spend more time with his family, and return to duty AFTER the world cup!

M2A^AKIB^
02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
i can't wait for afridi to hit a 6 on the first ball...

he's da mann!!

Far7an
02-24-2007, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
i can't wait for afridi to hit a 6 on the first ball...

he's da mann!!
He'll either do really well or get out in his first over.

Siraaj
02-24-2007, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
He'll either do really well or get out in his first over.
lol.....you have said right far7an ;D

chacha_jalebi
02-24-2007, 07:58 PM
inshallah afridi will do well, he not playin 1st two matches, but pakistan is gettin in the finals and winnin :shades: so he got plenty of time too smash sixes :D

i wanna see inzamam make some hundreds, been ages since seen him make a hundred in a 1 day match

Far7an
02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Abdur Razzak is not playing in the world cup :(.

Harrumph
02-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Bah,only one vote for England to win?,you are all in denial:D

Siraaj
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
A fit Irfan Pathan has boosted India's World Cup hopes.

Abdul-Raouf
02-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Abdur Razzak is not playing in the world cup :(.
He is a superb player... so calm.. me too miss him..:(

AmarFaisal
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Shoiab Akhtar and Mohammad Asif are out of the world cup too..sad news for Pakistan

AmarFaisal
03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: I hate to see pakistan loose..but they rn't going to win..:blind: i don't wanna see he world cup

chacha_jalebi
03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
wait wait wait :p

its not about the big names, right now pakistan isnt like a favourite too win, but there is still a massive chance, obviously shoaib and asif is a big lose, but lol i wouldnt be surprised if they do come back in the WC squad in the nex few days, and even if they dont :D still pakistan is gona win

how much times in history have we seen the people with the less chances of winnin win ..... :D inshallah Pakistan still too win

Siraaj
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
wait wait wait :p

its not about the big names, right now pakistan isnt like a favourite too win, but there is still a massive chance, obviously shoaib and asif is a big lose, but lol i wouldnt be surprised if they do come back in the WC squad in the nex few days, and even if they dont :D still pakistan is gona win
lol stop dreaming ;D

pakistan has become the one of the most depleted weak sides right now :skeleton:

A7med
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
:laugh:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoaib and Asif out of the World Cup

As had been expected for some time now, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif were finally ruled out of Pakistan's World Cup squad, though the decision, farcically, came minutes before the team's departure to the Caribbean. Asif is down with an elbow injury while Shoaib is nursing a crocked knee.

"We have received their medical assessments and the players are physically unfit. Therefore we felt we shouldn't take them for such a big tournament," PJ Mir, the team spokesman told Cricinfo. "Their injuries will take time to heal so after selectors consulted Inzamam-ul-Haq the decision has been taken to not take them."

The pair will be replaced by fast bowler Mohammad Sami and allrounder Yasir Arafat. "Sami and Arafat will join the team in the Caribbean in a few days but we have to get clearance for them from the ICC's technical committee. Their names were decided by the captain and the selection committee together," Mir added, mindful perhaps of reports today speculating that the decision to name Azhar Mahmood as a replacement for Abdul Razzaq overlooked the selection committee altogether.

Though injuries remain the official reasons for their withdrawal it is understood that continuing doping-related concerns clinched the issue. The pair tested positive last year for Nandrolone in internal dope tests conducted just before the Champions Trophy got underway, but their bans were eventually overturned, much to the chagrin of the global cricket community.

Fears that traces of Nandrolone remained at unacceptably high levels in their bodies were enhanced as the pair, for varying reasons, avoided undergoing another PCB-conducted dope test, held last week for all members of Pakistan's World Cup squad. Only last week, an official close to the team had told Cricinfo that neither of the injuries were serious enough and if the pair didn't go, it would only be "over concerns with the doping issue", a thought confirmed once again today by an official. There was a threat that if the two tested positive again, either in internal tests or those conducted by the ICC, they would face stringent bans.

Shortly before the pair were ruled out, the ICC confirmed they would be target-testing players at the World Cup and Malcolm Speed made specific reference to Shoaib and Asif. "Both Shoaib Ahktar and Mohammed Asif have played for Pakistan over the past few months despite testing positive for prohibited substances last year," he said.

"That is a fact neither player has disputed and it is also a fact that has caused the game a high level of embarrassment as a result. We want to make absolutely sure that all players who take part in the World Cup do so on the basis that they are free from banned substances.

"From an ICC perspective, having the option to target test as well as the already-scheduled tests in place means that if a player does have anything in his system then there is a very strong possibility he will be caught out."

Nasim Ashraf, the PCB chairman, however, stressed that Shoaib and Asif's exclusions were due to injuries and unrelated to the doping issue. "The truth is both of them are injured and they may take even months to make a full recovery," Ashraf told PTI."The board's medical panel will soon check them out but the chances of them recovering quickly from their injuries is very bleak."

Whatever the reasons for their exclusion, the impact of their absence cannot be underestimated; Asif is one of cricket's most exciting young bowlers and Shoaib one of the game's fastest. Inzamam acknowledged to reporters that losing the two, and the uncertainty surrounding them, was not the best way of preparing for the tournament. "It is not an ideal situation for us. We are going there under intense pressure. But in the past we have played in such situations with tremendous team spirit and we can achieve best results even without our key players."

Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, preferred to draw strength from good results achieved over the last two years without the two bowlers. "It is a big blow and I feel sorry for both these players. They are missing a mega event.

"But last year we did well without Shoaib in Sri Lanka and the year before in India without either of the two bowlers," he added. "I want to remind the players of those two series and of playing with the same unity and spirit we showed on those tours. If we can replicate that, we can still do well. We also now know at least where we stand and exactly what players we have available."

It now means that Pakistan go into cricket's premier event without three key components of their team, after Razzaq was also ruled out of the tournament this week with a serious knee injury. Additionally, they will be without allrounder Shahid Afridi - owing to a four-match ban imposed by the ICC for misconduct in South Africa - for their first two games, including a tough opening game on March 13 against the hosts. Preparations for big series or tournaments in Pakistan are often blighted but few in recent memory have been as ravaged by injuries, controversies and scandals as this.
Click Here

shariq_0189
03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Pakistan are Unpreditictable...they can still win...they have some great players in the line up. Inshallah Pakistan will win.

taqi
03-01-2007, 10:19 PM
i think i jus saw NZ win 3-0 against australia doc!...
DOC:really take two of these wid a glass of water n everything will be fine in the morning.

taqi
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
BTW
South Africa and Newzeland dont do very well on slow pitches,n caribiean is full of slow pitches..i think Sirilanka has a good chance since the nature of caribiean pitches are so similar to sirlanka's turf.And lets not rule out Australia since Symonds iss feelin good all of a sudden..:!,those guys are just to consistant...the key to winning series i might add...and as 4 pakistan..no predictions frm my side,those guys can pull stunts frm nowhere,but since no Shoaib or Asif things dont look so rosy for pakistan anymore.

Siraaj
03-02-2007, 06:27 AM
we can only speculate what the truth is behind shoib and asif being dropped for the world cup - either they were dropped really because of injury OR the pakistan cricket board has dropped them because of the fears of doping scandal of they being tested + ve during world cup and thereby their careers being threatened.

chacha_jalebi
03-06-2007, 02:55 PM
now now stop speculating why shoiab and asif were taken out of squad, its because they had geniune injuries:D and pcb has even released a report http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc200...ry/282667.html

ooo yeh :shade: why would shoaib and asif need drugs, come on they the best bowlers in world

pakistan warm up match v canada, pakistan battin 1st ......

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc200...ch/247443.html

Far7an
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Sehwag got bowled! Haha!

waji
03-07-2007, 04:21 AM

Bangladesh wins over New Zealand
in a Warm-up match

There will be alot of ups and downs in this world cup

Siraaj
03-07-2007, 05:25 PM
India all the way insha'Allah !

chacha_jalebi
03-07-2007, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
was tht first time he was bowled? :?
no sehwag beens bowled loads of times by mohammad asif and shoaib :p

click here for referance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6fr9SqFG_Y:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgA1HYgrymQ

i dont think the minnow teams like ireland, canada, india :p and netherlands are going to have much of a impact i jus dont see it happenin this Wc, the only minnow team i feel could have a impact is bangladesh cos lately they improved quite a lot :D

A7med
03-09-2007, 07:26 AM
World Cup trophy damaged in India
March 9, 2007

The World Cup trophy has been damaged while on display in India, organisers said on Friday.

A gold ring below the coins depicting previous winners of the tournament got detached from the wooden base of the 11-kilogram (24-pound) trophy, made in England at an estimated cost of US$80,000.

The damage was discovered when the trophy, brought to India by one of the global sponsors of the International Cricket Council (ICC), was displayed in Kolkata on Thursday. The trophy was immediately removed from public gaze and is being shipped for repairs to England before being taken to the Caribbean where the World Cup opens on Sunday.

A statement from the sponsors claimed the gold ring came unstuck when the trophy was handed over by the ICC earlier this week. "The lower gold ring of the World Cup was detached from the wooden base when the trophy was received from the ICC," the statement said. "ICC policy does not allow anyone except the official trophy makers to repair/polish the trophy. "Therefore, LG (sponsors) received the trophy with the lower ring detached from the wooden base."

There was no immediate reaction from the ICC. The trophy had been displayed in New Delhi on Wednesday before being taken to Kolkata. The trophy will be presented to the winner of the World Cup final in Bridgetown, Barbados on April 28.
eh... thats Indians for u <_<

:p j/k

AmarFaisal
03-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Pakistan best South Africa...Wow!:happy:

Far7an
03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
Pakistan best South Africa...Wow!:happy:
Was there ever any doubt? :D

Sanobar
03-10-2007, 09:44 AM

zak you are mad, PAKI's winning the world cup.. no doubts... :happy:

Silver Pearl
03-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Cricket isn’t even a sport:X . They used to make us play cricket in school, wasteful lessons so we swapped to rounders, it was so worth it.

I think the South Africans should win.

Far7an
03-10-2007, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Cricket isn’t even a sport:X . They used to make us play cricket in school, wasteful lessons so we swapped to rounders, it was so worth it.

I think the South Africans should win.
Why because they are the hosts? Or because their kit looks pretty?

zAk, you seen this?
India v West Indies, World Cup 2007
Dravid reposes faith in Sehwag
Cricinfo staff
March 10, 2007

Rahul Dravid, the Indian captain, has reiterated his confidence in Virender Sehwag, despite his third-ball duck in the warm-up match against West Indies on Friday. But he also added that Sehwag, who's failed to cross 20 in 11 of his last 13 innings, was one of the several opening options that the team had in front of them, suggesting that a move down the order shouldn't be ruled out.
Bechara....

Far7an
03-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Ah, my bad... So it must be the kit then.

Siraaj
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sanobar

PAKI's winning the world cup.. no doubts... :happy:

you are a pakistani....no doubts....:p

Silver Pearl
03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
^yea saw, tht was nice of dravid. now to see how sehwag uses tht opportunity.wait... West indians r the host. not S Africans. :playing:
Ah, my bad... So it must be the kit then.
:salamext:

I can see someone knows what they are talking about, S.Africa the host, disgraceful.

No I just think the South Africans should win, not because their kit is pretty, I prefer the Pakistani kit and NZ kit.

Why aren't the other nations in the voting poll? a bit unfair.

I see alot of Cricket hooliganism about to uproar.

M2A^AKIB^
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

I can see someone knows what they are talking about, S.Africa the host, disgraceful.

No I just think the South Africans should win, not because their kit is pretty, I prefer the Pakistani kit and NZ kit.

Why aren't the other nations in the voting poll? a bit unfair.

I see alot of Cricket hooliganism about to uproar.
of course it's unfair,!!!:raging:
bangladesh going all da way!! who ever thought we can beat New Zealand the team that whitewashed australia few weeks earlier!!!:shade:
ya'll betta watch out for us! cuz ya'll going down!!!:thumbs_do :thumbs_do :thumbs_do

Abdul-Raouf
03-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Bangladesh...... no way.... its India and Sri Lanka... from that group gonna move to the Super 8.....

S_87
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM

west indies all the way!

chacha_jalebi
03-10-2007, 09:03 PM
come on now people are gettin a bit carried away

west indies? bangladesh:rollseyes erm erm .....

pakistan is gona win no matter what :D

"Winning is a attitude, but for us its a habit .... Pakistan"

if that didnt sound too nationalist, i would have put it as my signature :D

The Ruler
03-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Australia.

Siraaj
03-11-2007, 06:16 AM
^ lol zAk.....yeah that one should be posted in the official jokes thread. lol ;D

by the way, the correct statement for Pakistan should be - "CONTROVERSY is a habit for Pakistan" ;D

S_87
03-11-2007, 11:10 AM
come on now people are gettin a bit carried away

west indies? bangladesh:rollseyes erm erm .....

if that didnt sound too nationalist, i would have put it as my signature :D

its only fair they win on their land otherwise thats so tight :'(

chacha_jalebi
03-12-2007, 05:26 AM
^lol sis. as hosts Wi, mite aswel promote tourism in their country, bcos i doubt they wil win

u can post tht in the Official jokes thread:D

Habit? rofd! right!!! ;D

lol, i admit thats funy, funny lik the way the trophy wen to india and they tried to mash it up:D cos they must hav realisd they not winnin it, so mite aswel mash it:p

chacha_jalebi
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
well well well :D 1 more day now

the team i would choose 4 pakistan tom is

imran nazir, hafeez, younis, inzi, yousuf, malik, Akmal, Mahmood, Sami, Gul, Kaneria!

and when Afridi comes back, then either mahmood or one of the openers can make way :D or better kamran akmal gets injured & they make imran nazir or sumone wicket keeper :D then theres extra space in d team

i hope rana naved dont play, before he was hevy but now hes crap, they sud jus play him againist d minnows

Prediction - Pakistan win :D if bat 1st, then round 270 - 320 runs inshallah and if bat second win by round 3-5 wickets :shade:

AmarFaisal
03-13-2007, 08:54 AM
The PAKISTAN TEAM, when won the world cup of 1992, was a team that was struck by injuries. Pakistan's Best bowler Waqar Younis, Main Striking Batsmen Saeed Anwar and Star All-rounder Captain Imran Khan were all injured (Waqar and Younis not playing the world cup). It was the least fav. team!!!!! and it won ...

Isn't it so much similar to 2007 World Cup PAKISTAN TEAM?!

Pakistan is suffering from the injuries of Mohammad Asif, SHoaib Akhtar and Abdul Razaq. And is the least favourite team. Does it have the ability to relive the 1992 world cup memories.

"The Injured Tiger" as Imran Khan puts it and ranks Pakistan as the second favourite team for this world cup (after Australia).

AmarFaisal
03-13-2007, 08:56 AM
correction (Waqar and Saeed not playing in the World Cup 1992)

arif
03-13-2007, 03:02 PM
id give u a more intruiging stat ...

india won in 87 , pakistan in 92 , lanka in 96, india made it do da final in 03 ...

so , its bangladesh , the only remn asian team , who will reach the finals this wc ... and theyll face india :D

hehe

Siraaj
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Did anyone see Danish Kaneria's fielding in the starting overs of the match, mainly, the over-throw runs that were caused by him? lol Danish Kaneria looks funny on the field. :D

A7med
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Pakistan won the toss and elected to field first

1st Innings
West Indies 241/9 (50.0 ov)
West Indies RR 4.82

Click Here

Full scorecard

Haji_usmaan
03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Assalam, any one want to watch the match for free?

here u go

http://www.muft.tv/content/view/4517/61

Jazakallah KHAIRAN

A7med
03-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Match went pair-shaped for Paks :(

West Indies 241/9 (50 ov)
Pakistan 187 (47.2 ov)

West Indies won by 54 runs

Full Scorecard

Paks should be able to make it through to the super 8, but need to change there plans if they wana get any further

strider
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Did someone mention cricket?

..*zzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Helena
03-13-2007, 10:46 PM
pakistan have lost......ya Allah...

wens the nxt match? whose playing against whom?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
AHH Paki lost against west indies :X. They didnt even have all of their good players. So STUPID.

M2A^AKIB^
03-14-2007, 12:04 AM
All up to the "BENGAL TIGERS" now! :D eh?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-14-2007, 01:00 AM
^^LOL yea. what bout the first guy, forgot his name. Only one who hit a sixer and lost on his second batting! OUCH lol. Inzamam cant run, no offense. And while he thought he made the four pointer, he didnt bother running. Smart move...:X

chacha_jalebi
03-14-2007, 01:42 AM
if inzamam cudnt run den why is he the best batsman in world :shade: lol

pakistan is playin in like suspense, lik now no1 wil think they have chance, but they playin wit style:D lose 1st game, den comeback + win the WC ooo yeh:D

kick out rana, bring in sami or mahmood or arafat. n kamran is a propa chaval man, sort it out or jus go play hockey!!!

inshallah pakistan still too win:D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Lol, well maybe he was but i ono, the game went slow wit him even tho he DID stay out there long enough and got some runs :p what about afriddi? shoaib played good defnitely. btw, it was my first time watchin a cricket match. me and my mom watched ;D she explained the game to me and MAN did i get into it :giggling: now imma addict lol :D

Abdul-Raouf
03-14-2007, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
it was my first time watchin a cricket match. me and my mom watched ;D she explained the game to me and MAN did i get into it :giggling: now imma addict lol :D
Hmmmm...
:thumbs_up

If u get the video of the AUS vs RSA one day match at Wanderers dont miss it.......

Best match ever....

The ODI match between South Africa and Australia played on March 12 2006 at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg has been acclaimed by many media commentators as being one of the greatest ODI matches ever played.

The match broke many records, including both the first and the second team innings of over 400 runs.

Australia won the toss and elected to bat first. They scored 434 for 4 off their 50 overs, smashing the previous record of 398-5 by Sri Lanka against Kenya in 1996. In reply, South Africa scored 438-9, winning by 1 wicket with one ball to spare.

badshah
03-14-2007, 02:39 AM
search on google video to watch the match..........
i believe that Australia/SA will win the worldcup

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-14-2007, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
Hmmmm...
:thumbs_up

If u get the video of the AUS vs RSA one day match at Wanderers dont miss it.......

Best match ever....

The ODI match between South Africa and Australia played on March 12 2006 at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg has been acclaimed by many media commentators as being one of the greatest ODI matches ever played.

The match broke many records, including both the first and the second team innings of over 400 runs.

Australia won the toss and elected to bat first. They scored 434 for 4 off their 50 overs, smashing the previous record of 398-5 by Sri Lanka against Kenya in 1996. In reply, South Africa scored 438-9, winning by 1 wicket with one ball to spare.

WOW, sounds like a crazi game. I'll watch for sure...:)

AmarFaisal
03-14-2007, 08:36 AM
187 all out? :eek:
LOL. those 57 runs they gave away in last 5 overs cost them it.

man of the match shud hv been given to Kamran akmal. poor keeping n first ball duck :D
Man ur misinformed about Kamran Akmal..probably u didn't check the scorecard b4 saying he did poor keeping ..No Problem..I paste the scorecard for u right here..

CH Gayle c Kamran Akmal b Umar Gul 2 6 0 0 33.33
S Chanderpaul c Kamran Akmal b Iftikhar Anjum 19 63 1 0 30.15
BC Lara c Kamran Akmal b Mohammad Hafeez 37 56 3 1 66.07
D Ramdin st Kamran Akmal b Danish Kaneria 1 4 0 0 25.00

So how many catches did he take?

Does anyone here call that poor keeping apart from our fellow here??

For batting ofcourse, he didn't do well,,but anyway,,the whole batting order of Pakistan didn't click, did it?

:thumbs_up Hey Pakistani Fans here..we can still do it can't we..we lost our first opening match of world cup 1992,, against west indies too.didn't we?
Pakistan Team is lacking the spirit but it's fans are not!!!!!!!!!!
WE LOVE U Pakistan:statisfie !!!

Inzimam Ul Haq is the world's second best player after Viv Richards who has played the maximum number of match winning innings for his country. He has 25 centuries out of which 19 have led to Pakistan's victory?

Can u find the same record from anybody else? (Steve Wagh is also probably second in this list and shares the place with Inzi)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
lol i loved when the audience said Pakistan Zindabad, then Allahu Akbar!
Anything is posible das true. Maybe every1 will get a total shock wit paki..who knows :p

The Ruler
03-14-2007, 05:10 PM

you know...sometimes...habits dont kick in.

AmarFaisal
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
when u lose a match.... u dont count how many catches u held on to, u see how many chances u missed. n he missed quite some.

That's ur point of view,,a negative approach..Mine is a positive approach..I see what good was done and can be done while u count the mistakes!

n as for centuries in winning causes... u dont see the percentage... u see the numbers of them tht helped win. n sachin has 29 centuries in winning cause.

if u see the percentage... then ganguly has 18 centuries in won matches out of all 22.
Did I mention "percentage" anywhere in my msg?? They r the centuries counted no PERCENTAGES mentioned!!

AmarFaisal
03-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't understand why ppl over here r so biased. We all support our countries but this never means to degrade another country or it's player. I'd never go around saying that Sachin is getting old or Ganguly should retire or Pathan is good for nothing etc etc.
Why should we when we know they r all g8 players!

So why make fun of someone's defeat, when wins and loses r all part of the game.

I'd never waste my time writing against India when it'd loose a game or making fun of it's players!

If there is any team I 'm supporting in my heart ( truely n purely : My husband knows becoz we often argue on it) It Is India, coz I think they r in a good condition. But I'd support Pakistan till they r out of the tornament.

A7med
03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
2nd Match, Group A: Australia v Scotland at Basseterre - Mar 14, 2007
Australia won by 203 runs.
Scorecard

3rd Match, Group C: Canada v Kenya at Gros Islet - Mar 14, 2007
Kenya won by 7 wickets (with 40 balls remaining).
Scorecard

chacha_jalebi
03-14-2007, 09:38 PM
i think country and player bashin :p is like all part of the build up innit, it makes the rivalry more intense lol and the world cup betta :D

pakistan still tooo win :D

A7med
03-15-2007, 07:21 AM
If there is any team I 'm supporting in my heart ( truely n purely : My husband knows becoz we often argue on it) It Is India, coz I think they r in a good condition. But I'd support Pakistan till they r out of the tornament
same wid me, i support pakistan if they r not playing against india, n thts wat i did in the last match
zAk, Ur Husband? :X ....
oh... i see, that should explain the convo with Alpha :p lol

AmarFaisal
03-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Am I the only one who misunderstands Humour:-[ !

------
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM

To be honet, Pakistan cannot win, theyre good sometimes when they want to be, but the recent games theyve played havent been on top form.

Allahu A\'3lim

:wasalamex

Abdul-Raouf
03-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Trivia - 1

Year 1981
1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes
4. Pope Died
5. 2 years later India won the world Cup!!! [stopping west indies frm winning it third time in a row]

Year 2005
1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes
4. Pope Died
5. 2 years later India will win the world Cup :p [stopping the Aussies frm winning it third time in a row]

Trivia -2

1982 Football World Cup won by Italy
1983 Cricket World Cup won by India

2006 Football World Cup won by Italy
2007 Cricket World Cup: INDIA ??? :okay:

Ooh What a coincedence.... I wish that happens....

S_87
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM

indians in west indies supporting india?!

Who said cricket was dying in the Caribbean. With the World Cup in the Caribbean, this has given a new lease of life to the sport. And especially excited is the Indian community who is looking forward to see their team in action.

For Suleiman who came to Barbados after his marriage in 2004, this is now his new home, though the bond with his homeland remains. And just as strong is his passion for the game many Indians describe as religion - cricket.

"I see the guys out here just like to enjoy the cricket. It does not matter who loses or wins. It only matters who is playing better and just that," Suleiman says.

For the 3,000-strong Indian community residing in Barbados, it is always special when teams from the subcontinent come. They have fond memories of the old timers, from Dilip Sardesai to Nari Contractor to Sunil Gavaskar.

"In those days we had no Indian restaurants. So they all - Anshuman Gaekwad, Ravi Shastri - they all had dinner. Pakistani players similarly, they wanted halal food, so we gave them. So we have a good rapport with them," Rafik Patel says.

Indians, they feel haven't changed. It's the Pakistani side that has transformed into something that the Indians are known for - discipline.

"The Indians have basically been the same. I find that the Pakistani players have been a lot more friendly, lot more docile. The Pakistani players are a lot more friendly, while the Indians have been similar to what they were from the old guys, the Gavaskars and the Shastris and those guys, and now the Tendulkars, the Dravids," Anwar adds.

Barbados is hosting one India match and the World Cup final. Most of them have already got their tickets, and are hoping for the dream showdown.

"I am rooting for India, my favourite is Sachin," Suleiman says.

Nearly 3,000 citizens of Barbados are of Indian origin. Many of them still have close ties to their homeland.

When the Indians come here to play three super league matches, for them in many ways it's going to be home away from home.

:raging:

Siraaj
03-15-2007, 05:41 PM

try to get this joke.....NZ defeated Australia b4 World Cup.....Bangladesh defeated NZ in this World Cup.....so insha'Allah Bangladesh will defeat Australia

^ if a = b and b = c therefore a = c :D lol

AmarFaisal
03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Pakistan ban English at news conferences

Cricinfo staff

March 12, 2007

Danish Kaneria was reportedly misquoted last week &#169; Getty Images

Pakistan have been banned from speaking in English at World Cup news conferences to prevent players from being misquoted, a team spokesman has said.

Pervez Mir, a former Pakistan international and the team's press liaison officer during the World Cup, confirmed that players would only speak in Urdu, an attempt to also promote tourism in Pakistan.

"This decision was taken by the Pakistan Cricket Board because it is our national language and because 2007 is our National Tourist Year so we are promoting Pakistan as well," Mir was quoted as saying by Reuters. "This is the perfect platform to promote and expose our national language, so there's nothing more to it."

Mir said that Danish Kaneria had been misquoted in Trinidad after the Pakistan team were evacuated from their hotel following a gas leak. "A journalist spoke to Danish Kaneria and asked him what he thought about the gas leak and he tried to play the incident down and said 'It happens'.

"But when the report came out the journalist quoted him saying 'It happens at home as well'. So we would rather avoid these kinds of incidents and speak in Urdu at official times, as well as for reasons of promoting Pakistan."

&#169; Cricinfo

I

CC denies reports of ban on Urdu

Cricinfo staff

March 15, 2007

The ICC has told Cricinfo that it has not asked the Pakistan team management to avoid holding press conferences in Urdu during the World Cup.

It was announced yesterday that the Pakistan players would only answer questions in Urdu so as to avoid any ambiguity in the answers given, and subsequently it was reported the ICC had requested them to speak English to avoid media conferences being excessively drawn out.

"At no point did the ICC say it cannot allow the Pakistan team management to hold press conferences in Urdu," an ICC spokesman told Cricinfo. "The ICC doesn't tell the participating teams in which language they have to speak. The issue of Pakistan players speaking in Urdu was discussed with the Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Naseem Ashraf in Kingston earlier this week and he agreed with the ICC that for all media events happening inside the playing field players will speak in English, while for all media events outside the playing field, Pakistan players will talk in Urdu."

&#169; Cricinfo

chacha_jalebi
03-15-2007, 09:46 PM
awww bless india lol

look how they have to come up with all these theories to try and show india will win :p lol hahahaa

ireland are doing good and sri lanka won :D

AmarFaisal
03-15-2007, 09:51 PM
This is for u Siraaj Brother, I shall certainly see this CLOSE match!!

http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/ci/...ry/285338.html

Captain expects competitve match against Bangladesh

Dravid warns against complacency

Cricinfo staff

March 15, 2007

Rahul Dravid, the India captain, has warned his side against complacency in their opening encounter against Bangladesh

AmarFaisal
03-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Cricket: Pakistan bowling coach Mushtaq breaks nose KINGSTON, Jamaica, March 15 (AFP) Pakistan's bowling coach Mushtaq Ahmed, a former international leg-spinner, was taken to hospital on Thursday with a suspected broken nose.Mushtaq was hurt during World Cup fielding practice, a spokesman said.(Posted @ 21:15 PST)

http://www.dawn.com/2007/03/15/welcome.htm
Dawn Newspaper

Far7an
03-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Innah lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon!

Pakistanis are eating too many parathas! Or the caribbean equivelent.

Miss_sara
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Pakistan to win! :D

AmarFaisal
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Left-arm spinner dies at 22

Bangladesh's Manjural Islam killed in road accident

Cricinfo staff

March 16, 2007

Manjural Islam sways out the way of a bouncer in Sri Lanka in 2005 &#169; Getty Images
Manjural Islam, who played six Tests and 25 ODIs for Bangladesh between 2003-04 and 2005-06, has been killed in a road accident. He was 22 and, as such, he has become the youngest Test cricketer to die.

Reports say that he was on a motorbike in Khulna when he lost his balance and collided with an oncoming bus. Sajjadul Hasan, a local first-class cricketer, also died on his way to hospital. Both players had finished playing a match in Fatullah the previous day, where Manjural took four wickets.

A left-arm spinner, Manjural made his ODI debut in November 2003 at the age of 19 and took the wicket of Michael Vaughan with his third ball, the first time any Bangladesh player had taken a wicket in his first international over.

He made his Test debut at Harare in 2003-04 but did not impress and had been sidelined since the series against India in December 2004. His best performances in the one-day format were a brace of four-wicket hauls, both Man-of-the-Match winning performances, to help level the series against Zimbabwe in January 2005.

&#169; Cricinfo

A7med
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi rajioon :(
------------------------------

New Zealand won by 6 wickets (with 54 balls remaining)
England 209/7 (50 ov)
New Zealand 210/4 (41.0 ov)
Scorecard

South Africa won by 221 runs
South Africa 353/3 (40/40 ov)
Netherlands 132/9 (40.0/40 ov)
Scorecard
^What an amazing match!!!^

Herschelle Gibbs smashes a record six sixes in an over
Cricinfo staff
March 16, 2007
285614 2?alt1 -
Herschelle Gibbs's six sixes off Dan van Bunge's fourth over was a record for international matches. Cricinfo's ball-by-ball commentator Sriram Veera captured all the excitement and action as it happened in this ball-by-ball description:

29.1 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Violence! Gibbs charged down the track and hoicked it over long on.

29.2 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Murder! Floated on the leg and middle stump line and Gibbs sends it soaring over long-off.

29.3 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Carnage! Flatter one this time but it makes no difference to Gibbs. He just stands there and delivers. This one also has been sucked over long off

29.4 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Wah Wah! Low full toss and guess where this went Yep. A slap slog and it went over deep midwicket! He is going to go for 6 sixes in this over!

29.5 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Short in length, on the off stump line and Gibbs rocks back and swat-pulls it over wide long off. SImply amazing. What a batsman. This is pure violence!

29.6 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, He has done it! One-day record. No one has hit six sixes in a row. GIbbs stands alone in that zone. And the minnow bashing continues! Full and outside off and bludgeoned over deep midwicket
Cricinfo
^now, thats how to BAT!!!!:omg:

Gibbs sets records galore
S Rajesh and HR Gopalakrishna
March 16, 2007

Wet weather delayed the start at Warner Park, but when play did get underway it rained fours and sixes as South Africa amassed a monumental 353 in 40 overs. Here are the highlights from the game.

• Herschelle Gibbs made history by becoming the first batsman to hit six sixes in one-day internationals. The earlier record for most number of runs in an over was 30, which Sanath Jayasuriya managed twice, against Aamer Sohail (in Singapore in 1995-96) and Chris Harris (at Sharjah in 2000-01). Dan van Bunge's innocuous stuff meant that the bar has been upped significantly. (Click here for a list of most runs in an over.)

• Gibbs's seven sixes in the innings was only one less than the World Cup record for a single innings - Ricky Ponting had slammed eight in that memorable 140 not out in the World Cup final in 2003.

• Gibbs was at his violent best, but by no means was he the only one to wreck havoc. Mark Boucher slammed 75 from 31 balls, and on the way notched up the fastest half-century in World Cups: he got to the mark off 21 balls, bettering Brian Lara's 23-ball effort against Canada at Centurion in 2003. (Click here for the fastest 100s and 50s in ODIs.) Boucher's half-century was also the first by a South African wicketkeeper in World Cups.

• South Africa's total of 353 for 3 is their highest World Cup score and the best total in a 40-over match, while it was also the fifth-highest by any team in all editions of the tournament. Their run-rate of 8.82 is the fourth-best in a World Cup innings, but the highest by a team batting first.

• The 18 sixes that South Africa slammed in the innings is an ODI record too, going past Pakistan's earlier mark of 14 against Sri Lanka at Nairobi.

• This was also the first time there were three century stands in a single innings of a one-day international. After AB de Villiers's second-ball dismissal, Graeme Smith and Jacques Kallis added 114 for the second wicket, Kallis and Herschelle Gibbs put together 105 for the third, while Kallis and Boucher added 134 for the fourth.

Cricinfo

blue_dew
03-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey all

Haven't been here for long!

Just gotta say GO WI!!!!

England
03-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Come on England!!! You're crap but still.... come on!!!

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Hey all these small teams in world cup r just for the SUPER 8s to get their records better and confidence back!!

Wait for Pakistan to set new records against Ireland!!

I think most ppl here r going to b waiting to see if Bangladesh can create another upset today against India!

Bst of luck to both the teams!

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Salamoalaikum
I'd watch Pakistan playing Ireland but shall be interested in India playing Bangladesh :)

M2A^AKIB^
03-17-2007, 12:41 PM
so today's the DAY!!!

Go BANGLADESH!!!!

Far7an
03-17-2007, 12:47 PM
This is so embrassing, why should the big teams even have to face these little teams. It's obvious who's going to win, it's a shame they can just let Pakistan and Bangladesh go through, rather than embrassing the rubbish teams :P.

M2A^AKIB^
03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
This is so embrassing, why should the big teams even have to face these little teams. It's obvious who's going to win, it's a shame they can just let Pakistan and Bangladesh go through, rather than embrassing the rubbish teams :P.
if the rubbish team keep playing the rubbish teams, tehn what's the point for them to come to world cup??
this is just a set up challenge for them. if they never play good teams, they'll remain rubbish!
Bangladesh didn't always play loser teams, and eventually they got better. they've beaten every team so far except south africa, west indies, and the new teams.
Let's hope they win today inshallah!:)

chacha_jalebi
03-17-2007, 01:54 PM
sehwag bowled :D haha, drop him drop him!

pakistan play 2.15, i hope rana isnt playin and i hope akmal is dropd. pakistan to win

chacha_jalebi
03-17-2007, 02:17 PM
uthappa gone :D :p

bdesh too win :p

pakistan bat 1st and sami n mahmood in for rana:D and kaneria! inshallah pakistan gna win

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 02:29 PM
why oh why aint them pakiz picking azhar mahmooood? The man was destroyin the ball most times in the 20/20 in england...pakis will be pakis:p inside grudges get the better of the team selectors!

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=AmarFaisal;686792]Hey all these small teams in world cup r just for the SUPER 8s to get their records better and confidence back!!

Why did I ever say that..!!!!!!:rollseyes

Ind...40/3

Pak...15/2

which one is more an upset?!:enough!:

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 03:57 PM

india's playing worser than i expected :hmm:

England
03-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket is for women! Rugby and football is for men! :X

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 05:05 PM
:X:X
" The match was fixed, all fixed, we're gonna let out irish brothres win, so that they can get some publicity "
:p

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
pakiland: 127/8 42 overs

India made a good comeback in teh last minute though i must say...i didnt expect it to go higher than 170 runs...but it seems it bea my preconception by more than 20 runs :thumb_up

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Bangladesh 24/1
I am impresse by the Bangalis more than Indians and Pakistanis,,just look India lost their opner n Pakistan theirs within the first 10 runs n Bangladeshis can stay longer at the crease.

What an upset..now we have to sit n watch the whole two macthes to be sure who wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 07:05 PM

Why do the pakiz bother? They'll be deported later tonight back to where they belong and to be frank should have stayed:p..

Then theres us the supporters, we have such high hopes, we're like ' jo jo jo bruv! Watch d pakiz play 2 day init! Watch us woooop each and every team init! The cup is already ours...' pshhhh and this what we always get lol

They should start packing their bags:p...oh and im changing sports! Lets all watch erm Darts, better still Water polo! lol
what a flop

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 09:07 PM

weirdly enough, bangladesh is doing rather well...they only need 6 runs with 5 wickets in hand and 4 more overs :hmm:...rather interesting.

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 09:09 PM
My husband requested me to stop

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 09:10 PM
watching the match:cry:
Pakistanis broke our heart..n look at Indians..atleast they could have done something expected!!!

Anyway it makes our burden lighter..it's not Pakistanis alone but Indians too..!!!

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

weirdly enough, bangladesh is doing rather well...they only need 6 runs with 5 wickets in hand and 4 more overs :hmm:...rather interesting.

make that 1 run with 5 wickets in hand and 2.0 overs remaining

face it, bangladesh has won.

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
and Bangladesh wins!!!!!!!!!

blue_dew
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
heeh

India lost!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Let's see if pakistan wins or loses!!!

Go IRELAND!!!!! :D

blue_dew
03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
uhoh it's raining in Jamaica :D:D:D:D

From cricinfo:

The umpires consult ... and the batsmen are off faster than Peter Parker when the cakeshop opens. If there is no more play then Ireland will win on D/L. It's dark and it's raining ... and unless something changes, Pakistan are on their way out.

AmarFaisal
03-17-2007, 09:29 PM
yes they r blue dew dear!

blue_dew
03-17-2007, 09:30 PM
And i'm happY!!!

GO WEST INDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MuHiTH
03-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Pakisatan now have no chance in qualifying, Bangladesh just need to beat bermuda to qualify :D

As a bengali, i thought bangladesh will lose badly when facing against india, however they played well :) Go BANGLADESH!

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 09:55 PM
*all the pakiz go quiet* chacha J gets up and blows his air horn in his living room:p ;D

All hopes pretty much gone now eh? GO ireland:D Thats it, pakistan has left the building...edit..pakistan has left the country :p...well they will do the way they are playin at the moment!

afriend
03-17-2007, 10:09 PM

bangladesh...Have....Won......

Sorry zAk :p

Miss_sara
03-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Bangledesh played brilliant today! :D

M2A^AKIB^
03-17-2007, 10:24 PM
victory tastes better than anything!!!
Bangladesh rules the field once again!!
Allahu Akbar!!

bring it on Sri Lanka! i feel sorry for u!

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M2A^AKIB^
bring it on Sri Lanka! i feel sorry for u!
dont, cause you may end up feeling sorry for yourself...and that feels worse.

Ireland needs 15 runs in 34.4 overs with 5 more wickets at hand.

its seems Ireland is on its way to victory :hmm:

today's matches turned out to be so different to what i expected...interesting.

SATalha
03-17-2007, 10:30 PM
jus watched da game n we won. It waz great any 1 else watched it? Any Indians ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

SATalha
03-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Opz i didnt c this thread, started me own thread. Anyway the tiges cleared house. Were gönna win da cup....ok maybe not

unknown_JJ
03-17-2007, 10:39 PM
woohoo we won lol :D nah i didnt watch it , bt every1 woz textin me tellin me 2 watch it hehe

SATalha
03-17-2007, 10:43 PM
It waz a great game. My uni indian matez are goin 2 get it on monday. Ah wats wrong wid pakistan man i want dem 2 go tru but ah well.

unknown_JJ
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
lol my pakistani m8z r supportin bangladesh aswel lol

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 10:46 PM

continue the rest of the discussion in the following thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...es-2007-a.html

that would save the moderaters from merging a big chunk.

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 10:57 PM

Ireland is winning...i think :hmm:

Trumble
03-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Ireland win!! BLARNEY ARMY!! :D

Amazing day with Bangladesh winning as well.

blue_dew
03-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh my!! Pakistan are really out! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/6457689.stm

Helena
03-17-2007, 11:07 PM
wow..Bangladesh won..hehehe..

for a sec i was judgmental against my own country.......

guess am supporting them now.....go Bangladesh......:D ..:D ..:D

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 11:15 PM
pakiz out, guess what wont be surprised if izi's out, woolmers out, everyone out:p
what a world cup for them

Tilmeez
03-17-2007, 11:24 PM
***TEARS***
No comments for Pakistani cricketers as they deserved it!
They were palying it like streat cricket while Irish team taken it as final of the tournament.
Hard luck Pakistan... best of luck for your upcoming matches Ireland!

Helena
03-17-2007, 11:27 PM
is Bangladesh playing the game with Bermuda???...

SATalha
03-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Yep bangladesh wil play burmuda nex.. Sri lanka bring it on. Shame bout our old friends Pakistan. I wanted dem 2 go tru

SATalha
03-18-2007, 12:09 AM
jus watchin da highlights of ireland v pakistan...it hurts why why

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-18-2007, 12:10 AM
God, whats wrong wit Paki!!??!! ahhhh.

Helena
03-18-2007, 12:12 AM
same here am watching the highlights...feel soo sorry for pakistan!!!!

SATalha
03-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Jus coz pak is out it aint gona b borin, u didnt play attractive criket anyway. Aint u happy that bangladesh beat the indianz? U shud of seen da way da young ladz were talkin bak 2 da indianz

Tilmeez
03-18-2007, 01:10 AM
those who voted for it can vote again[for other teams]
later.
Ahh, i will vote for the one i don't want to go through! (Earlier i voted for PAK and they went down!)

not too hard, inshallah.
Best of luck! ( I fear Srilanka can give them a real hard time)

SATalha
03-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh i jus realised i think zak is indian....ha ha

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-18-2007, 03:31 AM
^^lol. Go Bangladesh! :p i mistakingly voted west indies ;D

shible
03-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Instead the Indian Team only Performs well after the get a Hit this is not new to Indian team but it happened on many previous World Cup..

So till they have the remaining Matches I still believe in their Efforts and If my guess was correct then once again SriLanka MaY Face the Same kind of Treatment of high run chase from Indian (of Above 300 and it was 383 last time).

Never under Estimate the Asian Countries and Specifically India

abu abdurrahman
03-18-2007, 07:27 AM
I cant believe Pakistan got dumped out of the world cup :enough!:

I had this long list of things to say, and now ive forgotten!!

Oh yeah, that lanky irish bowler is a chucker... they need to inspect his bowling action because i was quite certain he was chucking the ball (throwin it)- These are not sour grapes... i remember saying about his bowling action even before he took any wickets!

A7med
03-18-2007, 10:21 AM
now i guess i shud remove the name of Pakistan frm the poll above :skeleton: those who voted for it can vote again[for other teams]
later.
Wheres Bangladesh on that list? :offended:

------
03-18-2007, 11:18 AM

I just hope India makes it, otherwise it's gonna become boring coz Pakistan is already out :rollseyes

:wasalamex

A7med
03-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Englands most proberly gona go out too
they HAVE to win their next two games

Far7an
03-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Oh man, yesturday's defeat was so.... I can't describe it. Indian losing on the same day eased the pain!

At least I can enjoy the rest of the world cup now. I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Australia!

arif
03-18-2007, 11:44 AM
y u happy dat india lost as well ...

perhaps u forgot the fact that pakistan is outta da WC and india still can get thru ... hehe

im sure india will , inshallah ,

btw , indias defeat 2 bangla isnt as humiliating as pakistans defeat 2 ireland !!

at least bangla are a test - playing nation and have defeated aussies and india once b4 , unlike ireland , who are complete outsiders and debutants ... that realy is a shame on the pakistani team ... i think the doping scandl hurt em , and might still continue 2 do so .

nevatheles ... i think v can agree on the point that v both are aussie - antifans :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Far7an
03-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I posted this on a brother's blog:
Anyway, lets count up the number of possible excuses:
1. The pitch was perfect for bowling at the start but began to dry up.
2. Pakistan wanted their "Brothers" in humanity to go forward ;-)
3. Pakistan wanted publicity, they thought speaking Urdu in press conferences won't be enough, how about losing to a team full of part timers!
4. A few of the Pakistani players thought about settling down in the Caribbean but were short of cash....

And many more...

Muezzin
03-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Now that Pakistan's out, the only teams remotely close to my ethnicity are Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

I'm so politically correct it hurts.

Siraaj
03-18-2007, 12:51 PM

wohohohoooooooooooooo ! lol ! Pakistan hit by cricketing tsunami ! Ireland defeats Pakistan and knocks Pakistan OUT OF THE WORLD CUP ! :D lol

Siraaj
03-18-2007, 12:57 PM
India still have a chance to go through to the next round :D alhamdulillah

insha'Allah India will do it and lift the World Cup ! :D

SATalha
03-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Bangladesh will win u watch. Storm iz c&#248;mmin

afriend
03-18-2007, 01:24 PM
:shade:

WHY is Bangladesh not on the polls? :rollseyes:

Racism :mmokay

Pk_#2
03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
:giggling: jkers

its there!

An ivisible poll

i voted for bangladesh! :p

do they have a team? :mmokay: :X

MuslimWays
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
:shade:

WHY is Bangladesh not on the polls? :rollseyes:
I AGREE!

We got more chance of winning d cup than England, (whose on the list).

BANGLADESH!!!!!!!!!!!!

U KNOW U LOVE THEM!

------
03-18-2007, 04:11 PM

Wow, Austraila are quite good.

After 38 overs they are 220-3, whereas England after 40 overs are 190-4.

Siraaj
03-18-2007, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Bangladesh will win u watch. Storm iz cømmin
If it has to be Bangladesh, then they won't be alone to win the world cup. They will share it with Ireland, as it would be Bangladesh VS Ireland in the World Cup final, and they would tie the match :D

insha'Allah

Far7an
03-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Woolmer found unconscious in hotel room
Cricinfo staff
March 18, 2007
Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has been found unconscious in his hotel room.
More to follow
&#169; Cricinfo

waji
03-18-2007, 05:51 PM

Anyway, lets count up the number of possible excuses:
1. The pitch was perfect for bowling at the start but began to dry up.
2. Pakistan wanted their "Brothers" in humanity to go forward ;-)
3. Pakistan wanted publicity, they thought speaking Urdu in press conferences won't be enough, how about losing to a team full of part timers!
4. A few of the Pakistani players thought about settling down in the Caribbean but were short of cash....

And more...
here are more....
5. Inzi's reaction "well as u know that in Pakistan, board exams are in progress so to divert our youth's attention towards their exams we are of going home early"
6. Imran Khan's Message (an advertisement) "DEYKHO DIL BARDA KARO" was not for Pakistan Cricket team it was for all Pakistan Cricket Team Fans so that they can accept this kind of humiliating defeat.
7. Inzi says "well as u saw that irish dress was similar in colour so we thought we were having a match practice"

more coming soon

H4RUN
03-18-2007, 06:01 PM
erm Irelands our fellow muslim nation...why not help them make a name for themselves? They got masses of muslims there, i mean loads! Approximately 52000....okay that was a lie:p:p

I heard someone mention betting came into the equation:p stupid pakis, they would have got more if they'd won...Do you think they'll fly home 1st class?:p

A7med
03-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, at least the Paks didnt get beaten by a team of 17 and 18 year-olds :)

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc200...ry/285940.html

H4RUN
03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
^ yeah but you can say we got beaten by a team that most probably had a few to knock back before the match:p Under the influence lol...that's all i heard in their post match interviews lol ' gonni hav a beeer' ' :p

Trumble
03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, has been found unconscious in his hotel room.
Latest news is that he died in hospital.

H4RUN
03-18-2007, 06:28 PM
:
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Latest news is that he died in hospital.
W H A T T H E *CENSORED* erm i gotta check up on this!:skeleton:....

yeah he's passed away...cold hearted people out there, over what? a bat, a ball and 10 pieces of wood :| :skeleton:

chacha_jalebi
03-18-2007, 06:35 PM
bob woolmer died.....

SATalha
03-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Wat dats sad. My bangla broz r gona rip dis compitition

AmarFaisal
03-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer dies
Bob Woolmer
Woolmer took over as Pakistan coach in June 2005
Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was found unconscious at the Pegasus Hotel at 1045 local time.

He was taken to the emergency ward of the nearby University hospital but did not regain consciousness.

Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.

Woolmer told BBC Radio Five Live after the Ireland match that he was considering his future in the game.

There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides

Bob Woolmer

"My contract runs out on 30 June anyway but I want to sleep on it before I make a decision about my future," he said on Saturday evening.

"I have said I am reluctant to continue in international cricket purely because of all the travelling but I will stay in cricket at a different level.

"But I think the decision has been made for me really. I will talk to the PCB and if they want me to stay until 30 June I will stay, if they want me to go I will go.

"I am not going to break my contract but if the PCB want to get rid of me that is their business."

Pakistan's preparations for the World Cup have been far from ideal, which Woolmer also alluded to.

Following the infamous forfeited Test against England at The Oval last summer, two of their leading fast bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, were suspended after failing doping tests.

606: DEBATE
A great loss to cricket

AC

The pair later saw those bans rescinded but missed the World Cup because of injury, something Woolmer admitted had hindered the team.

"There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides," he said.

"Those are the things I would have to consider and those things would have to change if I was to continue."

MuHiTH
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
it is quite funny in a sense, and sad at the same time. Death cause by a stupid sport Cricket.

What would happen to Woolmer if Bangladesh beat Pakistan?

BTW Bangladesh will win the World Cup :D

waji
03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
This is Bad news

chacha_jalebi
03-18-2007, 06:52 PM
:( pakistan cricket is in a mess

------
03-18-2007, 06:54 PM

:omg: WHAT THE...?!?!?! :omg: BOB WOOLMER DIED?!?!?! :skeleton:

"inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi rajioon"
To Allah we belong and to Him is our return

Bet the Pakistani Cricket Team are kicking themselves for playing so rubbish.

------
03-18-2007, 06:56 PM
:( pakistan cricket is in a mess

Ya think?! :rollseyes

A7med
03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi rajioon :offended:

Now, this is a true lose :(

didnt seem right :cry:

AmarFaisal
03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Assalamoalaikum Brothers n Sisters,

I feel terrible at the death of Bod Woolmer.

Since yesterday I have had talk with so many ppl abt Pakistan's defeat. Everyone is infuriated.
But I think being angry is wrong. I beleive Inzimam, the Pakistani Team, Bob Woolmer, r all worth respect. PPl r saying so many bad things, cursing them in Pakistan (saw it on GEO News). But this team has tried so hard n been world no 3 since some time in the past. Even after champions trophy it remained on that no. for sm time. they worked so hard n now when suddenly luck hasn't favoured them we put all the blame on them.

The decisions that Inzimam took as a captain might be wrong, but the history of cricket has shown that these bold decisions when work out the captians r remmembered in history for the success. Unfortunately, for Inzi, his decision didn' work out this time. But he has given us all a lot. He is worth our respect n will always be.

After Bob Woolmer's death, the test cricketers of Pakistan who wee blaming him for Pakistan defeat n asking for his resignation, or sanction r praising him today. They r saying poor Bob couldn't bear pakistan's defeat. This has left even more burden on Inzi, is this fair?

WHat had to happen has happened, we need to let Inzimam leave with respect. After all, it was becoz of him that we managed to defeat New Zealand in 1992 world cup,,and win it.

A7med
03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I think its just got to be a BRAND NEW start for the Pakistani team.

New Coach, new captain:offended:

------
03-18-2007, 08:45 PM

LATEST UPDATE

Austrailia v Netherlands = Austrailia won by 229 runs. Great(!)

England v Canada = Canada require another 97 runs with 4 wickets and 50 balls remaining

Don't think they'll do it...Canada I mean...

blue_dew
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Indian fans aree really passionate about cricket. A bit too passionate perhaps?

http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/23...-attacked.html

------
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM

England v Canada = Canada require another 61 runs with 3 wickets and 12 balls remaining

blue_dew
03-18-2007, 09:17 PM
^^ darn i wanted canada to win!

MuHiTH
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
England Won :( wanted canada to win

------
03-18-2007, 09:26 PM

:D :D :D ENGLAND WON! :D :D :D

Phew, at least they are through even though Pakistan is out!

Far7an
03-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Inzamam has retired too. This is a day he will never forget.

Far7an
03-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Shattered Inzamam retires from one-day cricket
Cricinfo staff
March 18, 2007

Inzamam-ul-Haq, Pakistan's shattered captain, has announced his retirement from one-day cricket. The match against Zimbabwe, Pakistan's last of this World Cup, following their shock defeat against Ireland on Saturday, will be his valedictory appearance in that form of the game.
"I have talked with my father on the phone," he said, "and have decided to retire from one-day cricket after the Zimbabwe match." Inzamam will, however, remain available for selection in Test cricket, a form of the game in which he has made 8813 runs in 119 Tests, with a highest score of 329 against New Zealand at Lahore.
The announcement was made on the same day that Bob Woolmer, Pakistan's coach, tragically collapsed and died at the team hotel in Kingston, Jamaica. Inzamam, visibly distraught at the news, told reporters: "I am shocked and badly hurt. We have lost a good coach and a good person."

Inzamam's one-day career was legendary. He played 377 matches over a 15-year career, scoring 11702 runs at 39.53 including 10 hundreds and 83 fifties. He shot to fame as a 22-year-old in Pakistan's triumphant World Cup campaign in 1992, belting his side into the final with a blistering 60 from 37 balls in the semi-final against New Zealand at Auckland.
He went on to contribute a vital 42 in the final itself, at Melbourne against England, but subsequent World Cup campaigns have been less impressive for him and his side. After losing in the final in 1999, he made just 19 runs in six innings in the 2002-03 tournament in South Africa, and was dropped from the side soon afterwards.

chacha_jalebi
03-19-2007, 12:20 AM
you know what, it propa hurts man :(

like i jus heard inzamams conference, he retired FROM BEING CAPTAIN :( and one day matches, and woolmer died and pakistan out its jus all like too fast too much stuff man

Trumble
03-19-2007, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

:D :D :D ENGLAND WON! :D :D :D

Phew, at least they are through even though Pakistan is out!
They have to beat Kenya first, and Kenya looked rather more convincing in beating Canada than England. It will not be an easy game.

I can't see England going far, as events have shown today at least half the team have completely the wrong attitude to the tournament. They just aren't as interested in winning as the likes of Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. As a consequence they won't win, and are likely to lose embarrassingly at some point. Does anyone seriously think that against Canada Australia would have scored less than 350, or had more than 150 runs scored against them? Even against the minnows, they never sit back and go into cruise mode - they know what it takes to win.

AmarFaisal
03-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Inzimam has retired and left cricket for good.
Captain steps down as Test leader

Shattered Inzamam retires from one-day scene

Cricinfo staff

March 18, 2007

A7med
03-19-2007, 06:32 AM
^just knew that was comin:(

shible
03-19-2007, 07:00 AM
If india was to seperate Cricket from politics then i really bet India is really powerful and due to politics on statewise and bribings on India many skilled players and bowlers are working on irrelevant jobs

By burrying their aims and ambitions

Siraaj
03-19-2007, 07:18 AM

Bob Woolmer died or was killed? ^o)

Further investigations about this matter are going on.....

A7med
03-19-2007, 07:48 AM

Pakistan cricket fans burn a bat in protest at their side's dismal World Cup performance, Karachi, March 18, 2007

Protesters in Pakistan burn an effigy of Inzamam-ul-Haq after Pakistan's three-wicket loss to Ireland, Lahore, March 18, 2007

Pakistan protesters burn posters of Inzamam-ul-Haq in Lahore, March 18, 2007

^^^now, thats jusr CRAZY

------
03-19-2007, 08:12 AM

Da above thing >> ppl have lost it... :rollseyes

:omg: WHAT THE..... Inzimam retired?!?!?!?! :omg:

Oh come one, thats a bit harsh!! Just cause they lost doesnt mean he has to retire!!!!!!!!

arif
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
salaams ...

the death was tragic ... and perhaps , ppl have forgotten that cricket is just a game , afterall ...

i think it was the immense pressure that got 2 him , but again , if u think abt the fact that being a cricketer and invelved in crci fer nearly 35 yrs now, the fact of the pressure catching him really seems unsuaual ...

nwayz , not that im pointing at some murder or suicide , but u cant rule it out ... the investigations will b really interesting ...

on the cricketing scene .... what nxt for pakistan ... the only players i think can rescue them are md. yusuf , yunis khan and akmal ...their bowling is just crap , and so is their fielding .... and wid inzy gone, woolmer gone, akhtar , asif in trble , and the recent affair of paki cricket wid controversies seems 2 take them 2 a dead end ... and itll b difficult 2 return ...

itll take time , i wish akmal takes up cataincy , hes a better option .

back 2 home sweet home , india needs 2 defeat bermuda by a huge margin ... ive heard there is another row b/w dravid and greg on sehwag , im a strong backer of sehwag , i wish he plays , and plays well enuf , and repays the faith shown in him by dravid ...

finally , jus a word, this is just a game .... and v dont need all dat crap like v have seen in the pix above ...

Allah Hafiz ..

Inida will win inshallah !!!

arif
03-19-2007, 12:23 PM
and lets hope the paki playas dont blame emselves for woolmers death , thatll b even tragic ... let the game go on !!!

Siraaj
03-19-2007, 01:01 PM

India will have to crush/thrush/dump Bermuda very badly in order to stand any chance of qualifying for the super-eight.

The Ruler
03-19-2007, 01:02 PM

the outcomes of them matches were rather surprising...i wonder if it would be the same with todays matches too...it'd be cool...but i doubt it :hmm:

Siraaj
03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
^ lol i was thinking dat wat would greg chappel be telling 2 himself..... after seeing what happened 2 bob woolmer......chappel must be saying 2 himself " what would happen 2 me :nervous: if india lose 2 bermuda :scared: " ..... LOL ! ;D

The Ruler
03-19-2007, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Siraaj
^ lol i was thinking dat wat would greg chappel be telling 2 himself..... after seeing what happened 2 bob woolmer......chappel must be saying 2 himself " what would happen 2 me :nervous: if india lose 2 bermuda :scared: " ..... LOL ! ;D
he needn't...cause Bermuda Sucks with a capital S...no offence...because that's how i talked about Bangladesh...but hey, they've made a huge comeback and thus i cant say that about them anymore.

Qurratul Ayn
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Have Bangladesh done the same to India?

Yes! OK, not entirely but Bangladesh have beaten India and if Sri Lanka beat India then India are going home!

17-18 yr olds beat India's first team or so I've heard!!! India need to come back in shape!

SATalha
03-19-2007, 01:23 PM
why is every 1 suprised that bangladesh beat india? I mean if u look at the team they av 4 or 5 great playerz. Please do not be patronizing......lol

SATalha
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
its so funny my work mate still thinks bangladesh is a city in India. Lol thats nice 2 know

arif
03-19-2007, 04:00 PM
where'd u hear tht? greg sounded cool on it. n hinted sehwag will play today too, but down the order.
@zak

heard it on some new channel , they make an issue outta nothing nowadays , the news was crap then ...
Indications are that Sachin Tendulkar, who has batted in the middle order since the start of this year, will join Sourav Ganguly at the top of the order, with Virender Sehwag dropping down. Anil Kumble, who wasn't part of the opening game against Bangladesh, is also likely to be drafted in the place of fast bowler Ajit Agarkar.
sehwag comes 1 down , and what a performance ... 2 gud , ive always been bhind him , finally its come ...

and perhaps , it wudve been better 2 have pathan in for uthappa with sachin opening, it gives us an allround option , wat do u think zak bhai ??

------
03-19-2007, 04:22 PM

India after 35 overs.... 238-3... not bad, Masha'All&#226;h... :p

shible
03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
india 413/5 in 50 ovrs finishing the game in style

------
03-19-2007, 05:35 PM

India 413-5! - Highest Total in da World Cup! - Yuvraj hit some hevi sixes!

Siraaj
03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
bermuda fielding was quite good :hmm: especially the catch of uthappa taken by that fat Laverock on slip, n also the catch of dhoni.....the minnows field good, even ireland fielded outstanding against pakistan

anyways, India 413/5 in 50 overs masha'Allah ! what a violent slaughter by india on bermuda ! :p :D

shible
03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Siraaj
masha'Allah ! what a violent slaughter by india on bermuda ! :p :D
Indeed if it haven't happened here in WestIndies then it would have happened in India when the players return there.............

Siraaj
03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
^ lol ;D yeah u r right...already the indian public was outraged by the defeat to bangladesh, n india needed 2 perform well, otherwise as u said, it wud have been violent slaughter when the indian players wud have returned home

anyways, india still need 2 perform, need 2 beat sri lanka n qualify for the super eight, n go on 2 lift the world cup insha'Allah

shible
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
ameen

H4RUN
03-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Cor blimey thats a scorcher of a score!....Right can someone let this pooor soul know what do india have 2 do 2 get thru to the supa 8's? I mean this match is practically in the bag, unless this world cup goes loooopy and bermuda WIN![ aaah if only:p ]

Comon Bermuda:p I have FULL faith in you!:D You can do it! Anything is possible! "You gotta have faith, faith, faith" LOL

shible
03-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Match halted due to Rain and lets us all hope that it would resume again

Since i don't like to see indian efforts going out for nothing

afriend
03-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Sheesh...so much wierdness...

The reason for this is because....it's a sport much loved by Asians, hence there will be Asian reactions to loss/victory...

:uhwhat Asians (don't take it personally, you all know it's true)

PS. Please don't hurt me..I'm Asian too :phew

shible
03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Indeed the same goes for football since it's not much encouraged in India as Cricket is......

AmarFaisal
03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Assalamoalaikum,

New news from Pakistan

PCB Chairman Naseem Ahsraf resigns after Pakistan's defeat.

It is going to be a new start for Pakistan from now on.

SATalha
03-19-2007, 11:29 PM
my pakistani brother/friend has convinced himself his irish..lol the guy cracks me up

chacha_jalebi
03-20-2007, 02:04 AM
i hope that fool nasim ashraf does retire, and pakistan cricket needs a shake up, they sud get rid of wasim bari as selector, he cant select a team and musharaf shouldnt hav anytin to do wit PCB! he cant lead country, how he gna sort out team, and have some permanent openers lik salman butt, hameed, farhat, nazir, hafeez. these sud b only openers dat r tried and developd.

i hope pcb gets sortd out:D

btw what is ad hoc committee?

AmarFaisal
03-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Congrats to India for a master blaster innings.

I am definetely going to watch India vs Srilanka..It's like a semi-final in the qualifying rounds..aint it?

n i am also waiting impatiently to see the Pakistani team on field again n last time under INZAMAM ul HAQ!!

AmarFaisal
03-20-2007, 05:25 AM
oppps..I didn't mean to repeat that!

arif
03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
well , wonderful frm india ...

and now inshallah bangla will bt sl , and then vll bt em 2 ...

v r thru then ...

AmarFaisal
03-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Assalamoalaikum,

Did anyone watch Imran Khan had to say abt the recent crisis on GEO Super/News?

I admire that man soo much. He's always positive. I just hope the Gen. can pay attention to what that g8 cricketer had to say to ensure Pakistan Cricket's good future.

I guess the Indian team Group (I don't know which one it is, with Sri Lanka, Bangladesh n Bermuda) is most exciting one!

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 12:25 PM
salamualikum
Zak dude when did Bnagladesh play? if so then who won? if yes have they ever played India? if yes who won? who's better India of Bangladesh?
ma'assalama

The Ruler
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum
Zak dude when did Bnagladesh play? if so then who won? if yes have they ever played India? if yes who won? who's better India of Bangladesh?
ma'assalama
bangladesh played a few days ago against india and won. yup they played india previously loads of times and both won at intervals although i think india wond most of them...india is better than bangladesh.

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 01:31 PM
salamualikum.
ah, so i go for India :p
Ma'assalama

AmarFaisal
03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
With Inzamam-ul-Haq stepping down as captain and retiring from ODIs and the tragic death of coach Bob Woolmer, it means, within three days, Pakistan cricket's top heirarchy has been completely swept aside. Culls and purges don't come much cleaner and as Pakistan's World Cup campaign ends on March 21, yet another new era for Pakistan cricket will no doubt begin the same day.

&#169; Cricinfo

Re.TiReD
03-20-2007, 01:52 PM
:sl: oh yeah....I thought peepz wud be talkin bout Bob Woolmer...people are soo upset but at end of day he died kaafir..although I think it's gonna have major effect on the team and I can't beleive Inzamam stepped down...:w:

AmarFaisal
03-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Police are now treating Bob Woolmer's death as suspicious, Mark Shields, the deputy commissioner of police, told a news conference in Jamaica. A full-scale investigation has been ordered.

The best possible homage to the man who spent three years with them(Pakistan Cricket Team) will be a victory, with some of the men whose careers he resurrected delivering keynote performances.

Cricinfo

AmarFaisal
03-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Police are now treating Bob Woolmer's death as suspicious, Mark Shields, the deputy commissioner of police, told a news conference in Jamaica. A full-scale investigation has been ordered.

Cricinfo
Assalamoalaikum
I think if Shoaib Akhtar was in the team, they'd 've arrested him on suspicious.:?

"Pakistan have never departed a World Cup without winning a game, a fate that befell neighbours India in 1979"- Cricinfo

I hope Pakistan can leave the world cup on a high note. Inzamam's last game as captain and we pakistani fans can see our team after Bob's loss.
But the chances of wining r low, as r the players.

Sanobar
03-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Congrats to India for a master blaster innings.
:raging: :raging: :raging: :enough!: :enough!: :enough!:

n i am also waiting impatiently to see the Pakistani team on field again n last time under INZAMAM ul HAQ!!

inshaAllah everythings gna go well for him dis time..:p:p

stil cant believe that they're outtta the tournament..:(

A7med
03-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Is afridi playing today?
YUP!..... "Boom Boom Afridi" is bck
Hopefully the pakis will finish with a win :X

Pakistan squad
Inzamam-ul-Haq, Younis Khan, Azhar Mahmood, Danish Kaneria, Iftikhar Anjum, Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Yousuf, Naved-ul-Hasan, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Umar Gul, Yasir Arafat

Zimbabwe squad
P Utseya, GB Brent, CJ Chibhabha, E Chigumbura, KM Dabengwa, T Duffin, AJ Ireland, F Kasteni, S Matsikenyeri, CB Mpofu, T Mupariwa, EC Rainsford, V Sibanda, BRM Taylor, SC Williams

------
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM

Shahid Afridi is a classic player, no one can argue with that! When he\'s on top form, he\'s on TOP FORM :D :D :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.