/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Many Hadith showing the Great manners of Islam & the Prophet

Hemoo
04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
:sl: brothers & sister of islam.

In this thread i will only quote the hadith which are sayings and doings of the prophet (P.B.U.H) concerning the Manners that the muslims should have.

every couple of days i will put one or two of those hadith mentioned in the book of Good manners in the book of Authintic Sahih Bukhary.or i may mention some hadith from the book of belief also in Sahih bukhary, and if i Quoted from other books i will mention them.

there are three main purposes for this thread, which are :

1- is for muslims to improve thier manners and morals.

2- to show how great is the religion of ISLAM and how does Islam helps the society of people to be a better place for living and respect each others.

3- to show a detailed perspective of what is mentioned in this hadith :

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I was sent to perfect good character." (mentioned in muta imam Malik and musnad imam Ahmed and is in the Albany authintic hadith book)

i will begin posting the hadith in the next post.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hemoo
04-26-2007, 07:32 AM
1-
Narated By Abu Huraira : A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father."

2-
Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Amr : A man said to the Prophet, "Shall I participate in Jihad?" The Prophet said, "Are your parents living?" The man said, "Yes." the Prophet said, "Do Jihad for their benefit."

3-
Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Amr : Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2007, 04:33 PM
:sl:

Jubayr ibn Nufayr reported that Mu'adh ibn Jabal said, "If you love someone, do not quarrel with him and do not annoy him. Do not ask others about him, for the one you ask might be his enemy and thus tell you things about him that are not true and thus break you apart."
Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #545

:w:

Hemoo
04-27-2007, 07:54 AM
as i said brothers and sisters all those hadith are in Sahih Bukhary.

4-
Narated By Anas bin Malik : Allah's Apostle mentioned the greatest sins or he was asked about the greatest sins. He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah; to kill a soul which Allah has forbidden to kill; and to be undutiful or unkind to one's parents." The Prophet added, "Shall I inform you of the biggest of the great sins? That is the forged statement or the false witness." Shu'ba (the sub-narrator) states that most probably the Prophet said, "the false witness."

5-
Narated By Anas : The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." (the book of belief)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hemoo
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
6-
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet led us in the Zuhr prayer, offering only two Rakat and then (finished it) with Taslim, and went to a piece of wood in front of the mosque and put his hand over it. Abu Bakr and 'Umar were also present among the people on that day but dared not talk to him (about his unfinished prayer). And the hasty people went away, wondering. "Has the prayer been shortened" Among the people there was a man whom the Prophet used to call Dhul-Yadain (the longarmed). He said, "O Allah's Prophet! Have you forgotten or has the prayer been shortened?" The Prophet said, "Neither have I forgotten, nor has it been shortened." They (the people) said, "Surely, you have forgotten, O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet said, Dhul-Yadain has told the truth." So the Prophet got up and offered other two Rakat and finished his prayer with Taslim. Then he said Takbir, performed a prostration of ordinary duration or longer, then he raised his head and said Takbir and performed another prostration of ordinary duration or longer and then raised his head and said Takbir (i.e. he performed the two prostrations of Sahu, i.e., forgetfulness)."

* this hadith shows that the prophet was not an arrogant person but he was a humble and modest one who accepts other's opinions if they are right.

Hemoo
04-28-2007, 06:31 PM
7-
Narated By Jabir : Never was the Prophet asked for a thing to be given for which his answer was 'no'.

Hemoo
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
8-
Narated By Abu Bakra : Allah's Apostle said thrice, "Shall I not inform you of the biggest of the great sins?" We said, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah: to be undutiful to one's parents." The Prophet sat up after he had been reclining and added, "And I warn you against giving forged statement and a false witness; I warn you against giving a forged statement and a false witness." The Prophet kept on saying that warning till we thought that he would not stop.

9-
Narated By Asma' bint Abu Bakr : My mother came to me [her mother were a non muslim], hoping for my favor during the lifetime of the Prophet. so i asked the Prophet, "May I treat her kindly?" He replied, "Yes." Ibn 'Uyaina said, "Then Allah revealed: 'Allah forbids you not with regards to those who fought not against you because of religion, and drove you not out from your homes, that you should show them kindness and deal justly with them.'... (Quran 60.8)

Hemoo
05-01-2007, 01:14 PM
10-
Narated By Anas : A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

11-
Narated By 'Abdullah : The Prophet said, "Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. And a man keeps on telling the truth until he becomes a truthful person. Falsehood leads to Al-Fajur (i.e. wickedness, evil-doing), and Al-Fajur (wickedness) leads to the (Hell) Fire, and a man may keep on telling lies till he is written before Allah, a liar."

Hemoo
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
12-
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for the others' faults and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relation with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O Allah's worshipers! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you!")

Hemoo
05-02-2007, 02:59 PM
13-
Narated By Abdullah bin 'Amr : The Prophet said, "Al-Wasil is not the one who recompenses the good done to him by his relatives, but Al-Wasil is the one who keeps good relations with those relatives who had severed the bond of kinship with him."

Hemoo
05-03-2007, 12:34 AM
14-
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

15-
Narated By Abu Mas'ud : A man came to the Prophet and said "I keep away from the morning prayer only because such and such person prolongs the prayer when he leads us in it. The narrator added: I had never seen Allah's Apostle more furious in giving advice than he was on that day. He said, "O people! There are some among you who make others dislike good deeds (cause the others to have aversion to congregational prayers). Beware! Whoever among you leads the people in prayer should not prolong it, because among them there are the sick, the old, and the needy."

16-
Narated By Ibn 'Umar : That he found 'Umar bin Al-Khattab in a group of people and he was swearing by his father. So Allah's Apostle called them, saying, "Verily! Allah forbids you to swear by your fathers. If one has to take an oath, he should swear by Allah or otherwise keep quiet."

snakelegs
05-03-2007, 03:39 AM
nice thread, hemoo.

Hemoo
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
nice thread, hemoo.
thanks for standing by and for your encouragment.

Hemoo
05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
17-
Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed," A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! I will help him if he is oppressed, but if he is an oppressor, how shall I help him?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing (others), for that is how to help him." (Sahih Bukhary, Book of Ikraah)

Hemoo
05-04-2007, 03:40 PM
18-
Narated By Anas bin Malik : While I was going along with Allah's Apostle who was wearing a Najrani Burd (sheet) with a thick border, a bedouin overtook the Prophet and pulled his Rida' (sheet) forcibly. I looked at the side of the shoulder of the Prophet and noticed that the edge of the Rida' had left a mark on it because of the violence of his pull. The bedouin said, "O Muhammad! Order for me some of Allah's property (money) which you have." The Prophet turned towards him, smiled and ordered that he be given something.

19-
Narated By Masruq : Abdullah bin 'Amr mentioned Allah's Apostle saying that he was neither a Fahish (the one who says obscene words) nor a Mutafahish (the one who curses others). Abdullah bin 'Amr added, Allah's Apostle said, 'The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.'"

Hemoo
05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
20-
Narated By Abu Huraira : A bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him (untill he finishes) and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then said, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them."

Hemoo
05-06-2007, 12:09 AM
21-
Narated By Anas : I served the Prophet for ten years, and he never said to me, "Uf" (a minor harsh word denoting impatience) and never blamed me by saying, "Why did you do so or why didn't you do so?"

22-
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink."

Hemoo
05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
how muslims should treat their neighbors

23-
Narated By 'Aisha : The Prophet said "Gabriel (the Angel sent from Allah to the prophet) continued to recommend me about treating the neighbors Kindly and politely so much so that I thought he would order me to make them as my heirs.

24-
Narated By Abu Shuraih : The Prophet said, "By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe!" It was said, "Who is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil."

25-
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbor, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet. (i.e. abstain from all kinds of evil and dirty talk).

Hemoo
05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
26-
Narated By Anas bin Malik : The Prophet said, "Make things easy for the people, and do not make it difficult for them, and make them calm (with glad tidings) and do not repulse (them)."

27-
Narated By 'Aisha : Whenever Allah's Apostle was given the choice of one of two matters he would choose the easier of the two as long as it was not sinful to do so, but if it was sinful, he would not (and never) approach it. Allah's Apostle never took revenge over anybody for his own sake but (he did) only when Allah's legal bindings (and boundaries) were outraged, in which case he would take revenge (apply punishments) for Allah's sake."

Hemoo
05-08-2007, 06:23 AM
28-
Narated By Abu Sufyan (he was not a muslim yet when he met the roman emperor) : That Heraclius (was an Eastern Roman emperor in the times of the prophet) sent for him and said, "What did he, i.e. the Prophet order you?" I replied, "He orders us (after being muslims) to offer prayers; to give alms; to be chaste; and to keep good relations with our relatives.

Hemoo
05-08-2007, 11:22 PM
preserving the bond of kinship

29-
Narated By Jubair bin Mut'im : That he heard the Prophet saying, "The person who severs the bond of kinship will not enter Paradise."

30-
Narated By Abu Huraira : I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Who ever is pleased that he be granted more wealth and that his lease of life be pro longed, then he should keep good relations with his Kith and kin."

- in Sahih muslim, book of "Virtue, Good Manners And Joining Of The Ties Of Relationship"

Abu Huraira reported that a person said: Allah's Messenger, I have relatives with whom I try, to have close relationship, but they sever (this relation). I treat them well, but they treat me ill. I am sweet to them but they are harsh towards me. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) said: If it is so as you say, then you in fact throw hot ashes (upon their faces) and there would always remain with you on behalf of Allah (an Angel to support you) who would keep you dominant over them so long as you adhere to this (path of righteousness).

Ghira
05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
:sl: Nice thread

The Quraysh realised that there was no hope of resisting, let alone of defeating, the Muslim forces. What was to be their fate - they who had harried and persecuted the believers, tortured and boycotted them, driven them out of their hearths and homes, stirred up others against them, made war on them, and killed many?

They were now completely at the mercy of the Prophet.

Revenge was easy. He could have laid waste the city and wiped out its inhabitants. But revenge was not his object. He did not lead his confident army into Makkah like any tyrant, full of arrogance, forgetting the Almighty, the Cause of all causes, and intoxicated with self-conceit.
He then asked them in a voice full of compassion and tenderness:

'0 people of Quraysh! What do you think I will do with you?'

One of them, Suhayl ibn Amr, who had fought against the Prophet, replied on behalf of the Makkans:

'We think (you will treat us) well, noble brother, son of a noble brother.'

A radiant smile flashed across the face of the beloved Prophet of God and, in a spirit of magnanimity and tolerance, he said:

"I shall speak to you as Yusuf [Joseph] spoke unto his brothers: 'There is no reproach against you today; God will forgive. He is the most Merciful and the most Compassionate.' " (Quran,12:92)

And he added:

'No more responsibility burdens you today.
'Idhhabuu... wa antum at-tulaqaa - Go, for you are free.'

Instantaneously Makkah was transformed, and overnight practically the entire population was won over to Islam. Nothing else could have won them over so profoundly and sincerely.

Hemoo
05-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Jazak Allah Khayran brother Ghira for your post, i think you got it from a Serah book, right?

The manner of feeling bashfulness from doing bad deeds

31-
Narated By Abu Mas'ud : The Prophet said, 'One of the sayings of the early Prophets which the people have got is: If you don't feel ashamed (of doing bad deeds) do whatever you like."

note that this hadith tells that the one who are not ashamed of his wrong doings then he will do whatever he likes without feeling bad. so if a one is not shy of the bad doings no one will be able to stop him.and it is good to look for further explanation of the hadith to understand it right.

32-
Narated By Abu As-Sawar Al-Adawi : 'Imran bin Husain said, "The Prophet said, 'Haya' (the manner of being shy) does not bring anything except good."

33-
Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar : The Prophet passed by a man who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya and was saying, "You are very shy, and I am afraid that might harm you." On that, Allah's Apostle said, "Leave him, for Haya is (a part) of Faith."

Hemoo
05-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Lie prohibition & punishment of lying

34-
Narated By Samura bin Jundub : The Prophet said, "I saw (in a dream), two men came to me." Then the Prophet narrated the story (saying), "They said, 'The person, the one whose cheek you saw being torn away (from the mouth to the ear) was a liar and used to tell lies and the people would report those lies on his authority till they spread all over the world. So he will be punished like that till the Day of Resurrection.'"

35-
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "The signs of a hypocrite are three: Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie; and whenever he promises, he breaks his promise; and whenever he is entrusted, he betrays (proves to be dishonest)".

-
Narated By 'Abdullah : The Prophet said, "Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. And a man keeps on telling the truth until he becomes a truthful person. Falsehood leads to Al-Fajur (i.e. wickedness, evil-doing), and Al-Fajur (wickedness) leads to the (Hell) Fire, and a man may keep on telling lies till he is written before Allah, a liar."

snakelegs
05-11-2007, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
:sl: Nice thread
yes, it is. many i am reading for the first time.

ummAbdillah
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
:salamext:
21-
Narated By Anas : I served the Prophet for ten years, and he never said to me, "Uf" (a minor harsh word denoting impatience) and never blamed me by saying, "Why did you do so or why didn't you do so?"
^ subhanallah :)
Jazakallah khayr, keep up the good work
w/salaam

Hemoo
05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
sister-aisha
Jazana Allah wa eyaakum.

36- in Sahih Muslim, book of funerals:

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn Abu Laila that while Qais b. Sa'd and Sahl b. Hunaif were both in Qadisiyya a bier passed by them and they both stood up. They were told that it was the bier of one of the people of the land (non-Muslim). They said that a bier passed before the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) and he stood up. He was told that he (the dead man) was a Jew. Upon this he remarked:" Was he not a human being or did he not have a soul?."

37-in the book of Sunan Abu Dawud & Sunan Al-Tirmidhi, both in the book of manners, imam Al-Trmidhi said it is Authintic Hadith:

Narated By AbuBurdah : The Jews used to try to sneezes in the presence of the Prophet (pbuh) hoping that he would say to them: "Allah have mercy on you!" but he would say: May Allah guide you and grant you well-being!

38-
Narated By 'Aisha : (The wife of the Prophet) A group of Jews entered upon the Prophet and said, "As-Samu-Alaikum." (i.e. death be upon you). I understood it and said, "Wa-Alaikum As-Samu wal-la'n. (death and the curse of Allah be Upon you)." Allah's Apostle said "Be calm, O 'Aisha! Allah loves that on, should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Haven't you heard what they (the Jews) have said?" Allah's Apostle said "I have (already) said (to them) "And upon you!"

Hemoo
05-12-2007, 11:00 AM
39- in Sahih Bukhary, book of Revelation:

Narated By 'Aisha : (The Prophet's wife and The mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read."
The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read(better translated "recite") in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid (his wife) and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (hemoo remarks: one who delivers the revelation) (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran):
'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."

Hemoo
05-12-2007, 11:32 AM
40-
Narated By Abu Huraira : A man came to the Prophet and said, "I have been ruined for I have had sexual relation with my wife in Ramadan (while I was fasting)" The Prophet said (to him), "Manumit a slave." The man said, " I cannot afford that." The Prophet said, "(Then) fast for two successive months continuously". The man said, "I cannot do that." The Prophet said, "(Then) feed sixty poor persons." The man said, "I have nothing (to feed them with)." Then a big basket full of dates was brought to the Prophet. The Prophet said, "Where is the questioner? Go and give this in charity." The man said, "(Shall I give this in charity) to a poorer person than l? By Allah, there is no family in between these two mountains (of Medina) who are poorer than we." The Prophet then smiled till his premolar teeth became visible, and said, "Then (feed) your (family with it).

Hemoo
05-12-2007, 05:20 PM
41-
Narated By Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari : Allah's Apostle said, "It is not lawful for a man to desert his brother Muslim for more than three nights. (It is unlawful for them that) when they meet, one of them turns his face away from the other, and the other turns his face from the former, and the better of the two will be the one who greets the other first."

*note that there are some exceptional cases that it is allowed to desert a muslim brother or sister, for more about the subject you may go to the explanation books.

Hemoo
05-13-2007, 06:46 AM
from the book of belief in Sahih bukhary:-

42-
Narated By Abu Musa : Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (book of belief )

* harming with the tongue is like saying bad things about them and backbiting them, etc.

43-
Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Amr : A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not know' (book of belief )

Abu-Muadh
05-13-2007, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
:sl:

Jubayr ibn Nufayr reported that Mu'adh ibn Jabal said, "If you love someone, do not quarrel with him and do not annoy him. Do not ask others about him, for the one you ask might be his enemy and thus tell you things about him that are not true and thus break you apart."
Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #545

:w:
This hadeeth is saheehul-Isnaad mawqufan, which means:its chain of narrators is authentic up to the narrator Muadh but still not connected to the Prophet, so it is not marfu'an (lifted to or connected with the Prophet) but mawqufan (stopped or restricted to Muadh). There is a marfu' naration connected to the Prophet, but it is weak as mentioned in As-Silsilah Ad-Da'eefah No.1420. Also plz. refer to Saheehul Adab Al Mufrad of Imam Albani No.545. Thus it is a good say of a Companion.

May Allah guid us All to the good and truth.

Abu-Muadh

Hemoo
05-13-2007, 08:55 AM
jazak Allah khayran brother Abu-Muadh for what you said and for clarifying this matter.

i have searched the books of imam Al-Albany and i found his verdict in both the "Selsela aldaaifa" and "Daef algamee`" and seen the hadith in "sahih aladab almufrad" and it is as you said brother.

and it is good to clear out that sister RightousLady quoted the MAWQUF hadith which is not from the saying of the prophet (peace be upon him) as you brother showed in your post.

another important thing is to differentiate between the book of Adab inside the book Sahih albukhary and the other separate Book of "Adab Mufrad" also by imam Bukhary .
and the imam Bukhary did not state that the "Adab Mufrad" will only contain authintec hadiths as he did in the book of Sahih.

Hemoo
05-14-2007, 04:57 AM
44- in both sahih Bukhaty and Sahih Muslim (book of ASSalam)

'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If you are three,two amongst you should not converse secretly between yourselves to the exclusion of the other (third one), until some other people join him (and dispel his loneliness), for it may hurt his feelings.

45- in Sahih muslim, book of Faith

It Is narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him), observed: He who has in his heart the weight of a mustard seed of pride shall not enter Paradise. A person (amongst his hearers) said: Verily a person loves that his dress should be fine, and his shoes should be fine. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: Verily, Allah is Graceful and He loves Grace. Pride is disdaining the truth (out of self-conceit) and contempt for the people.

*note that the prophet (P.B.U.H) gave an example of having the lesser Pride and being arrogant by saying weight of a mustard seed,so it is just giving an example.

Abu-Muadh
05-14-2007, 06:48 AM
And you too Akhi hemoo jazaakallaahu khairan and may Allah give you tawfeeq and aid you in what you are doing .Well done Wassalaamu alaikum

Hemoo
05-14-2007, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu-Muadh
And you too Akhi hemoo jazaakallaahu khairan and may Allah give you tawfeeq and aid you in what you are doing .Well done Wassalaamu alaikum
brother, you are welcome any time in this thread to participate with new hadith or for usefull criticism.

æÚáíßã ÇáÓáÇã æ ÑÍãÉ Çááå

Hemoo
05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
46- in sahih muslim, the book of Jihad And Expedition:

Chapter : Keeping a Covenant.

It has been reported on the authority of Hudbaifa b. al-Yaman who said: Nothing prevented me from being present at !he Battle of Badr except this incident. I came out with my father Husail (to participate in the Battle), but we were caught by the disbelievers of Quraish. They said: (Do) you intend to go to Muhammad? We said: We do not intend to go to him, but we wish to go (back) to Medina. So they took from us a covenant in the name of God that we would turn back to Medina and would not fight on the side of Muhammad (may peace be upon him). So, we came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and related the incident to him. He said: Both, of you proceed (to Medina) ; we will fulfil the covenant made with them and seek God's help against them.

*as you note in the hadith that the prophet (P.B.U.H) said to this companion and his father to fulfil the convenant that they made with those disbelievers and to not break it even in this time of war. what a noble character.

Hemoo
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Back again to the book of manners in Sahih Bukhary:

47-
Narated By Anas bin Malik : The Prophet said, "If any Muslim plants any plant and a human being or an animal eats of it, he will be rewarded as if he had given that much in charity."

48-
Narated By An-Nu'man bin Bashir : Allah's Apostle said, "You see the believers as regards their being merciful among themselves and showing love among themselves and being kind, resembling one body, so that, if any part of the body is not well then the whole body shares the sleeplessness (insomnia) and fever with it."

Hemoo
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
49-
Narated By Ibn 'Umar : The Prophet said, "For every betrayer (perfidious person), a flag will be raised on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be announced (publicly) 'This is the betrayal (perfidy) of so-and-so, the son of so-and-so.'"

50-
Narated By Anas bin Malik : Allah's Apostle was on a journey and he had a black slave called Anjasha, and he was driving the camels (very fast, and there were women riding on those camels). Allah's Apostle said, "Waihaka (May Allah be merciful to you), O Anjasha! Drive slowly (the camels) with the glass vessels (women)!"

Hemoo
05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
51- in Sahih muslim, book of Zakat:

Hammam b. Munabbih reported that-this is out of (those ahadith) which Abu Huraira narrated to us from Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). And he while making a mention of ahadith reported from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said this: Sadaqa is due on every joint of a person, every day the sun rises. Administering of justice between two men is also a Sadaqa. And assisting a man to ride upon his beast (i.e: Camel or Horse, etc), or helping him load his luggage upon it, is a Sadaqa; and a good word is a Sadaqa; and every step that you take towards prayer is a Sadaqa, and removing of harmful things from the pathway is a Sadaqa.

* the Word Sadaqa means charity or Alms and the Muslim man or woman gets a reward from Allah (Az wa Jalla) when he does any kind of Sadaqa.

Hemoo
05-17-2007, 11:08 PM
52-
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle kissed Al-Hasan bin Ali while Al-Aqra' bin Habis At-Tamim was sitting beside him. Al-Aqra said, "I have ten children and I have never kissed anyone of them," Allah's Apostle cast a look at him and said, "Whoever is not merciful to others will not be treated mercifully."

*Al-Hasan is a son of the prophet's daughter "Fatima" and his brother is Al-Husayn.

Hemoo
05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
53-
Narated By Anas bin Malik : We went with Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) to the blacksmith Abu Saif, and he was the husband of the wet-nurse of Ibrahim (the son of the Prophet). Allah's Apostle took Ibrahim and kissed him and smelled him and later we entered Abu Saif's house and at that time Ibrahim was in his last breaths, and the eyes of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) started shedding tears. 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Auf said, "O Allah's Apostle, even you are weeping!" He said, "O Ibn 'Auf, this is mercy." Then he wept more and said, "The eyes are shedding tears and the heart is grieved, and we will not say except what pleases our Lord, O Ibrahim ! Indeed we are grieved by your separation." (Book of Funerals in Bukhary)

*note that Ibrahim the son of the prophet (P.B.U.H) died at a very young age.

snakelegs
05-24-2007, 12:54 AM
hemoo, did you go on strike?

Hemoo
06-08-2007, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
hemoo, did you go on strike?
no, not a strike but i am busy because i am preparing my self to marry soon (you know finding a good job and flat preparing, etc)

and thanks for your care.

snakelegs
06-10-2007, 02:42 AM
well, congratulations then!!! all the best to you both.

Hemoo
06-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks SnakeLegs, the best to you too.
and Back to the thread purpose...

in Sahih Muslim,book of virtues & Good manners:

54-
Abu Rabi' reported directly from Allah's Apostle (may peace upon him) as saying: The one who visits the sick is in fact like one who is in the fruit garden of Paradise so long as he does not return.

55-
Jabir b. Abdullah reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Be on your guard against committing oppression, for oppression is a darkness on the Day of Resurrection, and be on your guard against stinginess for stinginess destroyed those who were before you, as it incited them to shed blood and make lawful what was unlawful for them.

*this hadith shows how the money and greed can change people so much that it can lead them to kill others and commits the prohibited and unlawfull things.

Hemoo
06-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Some of the Prophet's characteristics

In Sahih Bukhary, book of Sales And Trade:

56-
Narated By Ata bin Yasar : I met Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As and asked him, "Tell me about the description of Allah's Apostle which is mentioned in Torah (i.e. Old Testament.") He replied, 'Yes. By Allah, he is described in Torah with some of the qualities attributed to him in the Quran as follows:
"O Prophet ! We have sent you as a witness (for Allah's True religion) And a giver of glad tidings (to the faithful believers), And a warner (to the unbelievers) And guardian of the illiterates. You are My slave and My messenger (i.e. Apostle). I have named you "Al-Mutawakkil" (who depends upon Allah). You are neither discourteous, harsh Nor a noise-maker in the markets And you do not do evil to those Who do evil to you, but you deal With them with forgiveness and kindness. Allah will not let him (the Prophet) Die till he makes straight the crooked people by making them say: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah," With which will be opened blind eyes And deaf ears and enveloped hearts."

*Note: that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has more than one name such as "Al-Mutawakkil" that is mintioned in this hadith and other names mentioned in a hadith in (sahih bukhary, book of Virtues Of The Prophet) that says:
Narated By Jubair bin Mutim : Allah's Apostle said, "I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmad; I am Al-Mahi through whom Allah will eliminate infidelity; I am Al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected, the people being resurrected there after; and I am also Al-'Aqib (i.e. There will be no prophet after me).".

Hemoo
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
up

& i will try to add more hadith later

Hemoo
08-18-2010, 06:51 PM
And Back Again to the Thread after a long time

in both Authentic bukhary & muslim books:

57-
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: While a person was going along the path he found a thorny branch upon it. He pushed it to a side and Allah Granted and approved (this action) of his and (as a mark of appreciation) granted him pardon and Forgiveness for his sins.

and in Sahih Muslim book

58-
Abu Barza reported that he said to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him): Allah's Messenger, I do not know whether I would survive after you, so confer upon me something by which Allah should benefit me. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do this and that and remove the troublesome things from the paths (the ways & steets).

*Note: as you can see that indeed the prophet Muhammad (may Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) did encourage the muslims to remove any harmfull objects from the ways and paths that is used by all people while traveling or walking.

-- and this reminds be of a story i heard about some muslims in Europe and they were removing some harmfull remains of broken glass that was in the middle of the street and this attitude was so strange and curious in the same time to all of the people which have seen them that some of them asked those muslims about the reason for doing what they are doing, because in Europe and western countries its not a common moral attitude to do such doing although it is logically a so good and beneficial attitude for the whole society.

syed_z
08-19-2010, 11:28 AM
May Allah Bless you for sharing ... :)

Hemoo
05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
jazak allah khayran brother sayed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.