/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who's your dad? (no offence lol)

- Qatada -
08-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Narrated under the authority of Said Ibn Mosaiab that the Messenger Salla Allah a`lyhee wa sallam said:"Nuh begot three Shem, Japheth and Ham. Each of the three children begot three, Shem begot Arabs, Persians and the Romans, Japheth begot Turks, Cicilians, Yajouj and Majouj and Ham begot Copts, Sudanese and Barbarians"

A very important point to bear in mind is the according to Islam prophet NUH had four sons (Yam, Sam, Ham, and Yafeth). So it was probably Yam who was the kufar who died in the flood because he is not mentioned.

Even though at the end of the day we all came from Aadam (pbuh). Nuh was the father after the flood, and his sons were of our fathers.

I think i'm from Ham cz i come from the pakistani origin.

So who's your great grandfather?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sena
08-05-2005, 02:33 PM
according to your writings I am from Japheth cos I am Turkish. but your reference source is it true? I haven't read such a information about this up to now.

Homayra90
08-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Would I Be Ham?..If Im Indian?

- Qatada -
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Homayra90
Yeh. They were his three sons Ham, Sam and Japheth. All mankind come from these three descendants; every Arab has descended from Sam, all those of dark skin have descended from Ham, and the Europeans and the other races have descended from Japheth.

format_quote Originally Posted by sena
according to your writings I am from Japheth cos I am Turkish. but your reference source is it true? I haven't read such a information about this up to now.
yeh sis i'm tryna look up for a hadith or some source to support this but u dnt need to trust it yet, I've seen it on several islamic websites. and i'l post the links up soon insh Allah if i can. It was even shown on Islam channel in the UK.

http://www.al-huda.com/TPOI_13.htm

http://www.amrkhaled.net/articles/articles896.html

when you go on the sites - press ctrl + F and search for ham, sam/shem, or japheth. and that part should come up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
08-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Lol does anyone know where the name Ham came from or its meaning?!?!?

sena
08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib

Yeh. They were his three sons Ham, Sam and Japheth. All mankind come from these three descendants; every Arab has descended from Sam, all those of dark skin have descended from Ham, and the Europeans and the other races have descended from Japheth.

yeh sis i'm tryna look up for a hadith or some source to support this but u dnt need to trust it yet, I've seen it on several islamic websites. and i'l post the links up soon insh Allah if i can. It was even shown on Islam channel in the UK.

http://www.al-huda.com/TPOI_13.htm

http://www.amrkhaled.net/articles/articles896.html

when you go on the sites - press ctrl + F and search for ham, sam/shem, or japheth. and that part should come up.
yes I looked at the sites which you wrote here. but I couldn't find anything about Turks came from Japheth. in these sites mentioned europens are from japheth. but we are not from european. our origin is middle asia. I think that in your article can include some faults about this part..

- Qatada -
08-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh

sister i'm not fully sure about if the source is reliable or not but it is mentioned in the bible (injeel) but i'm not fully sure if it is reliable or not because the bible has changed over time. It mentions the three sons Sam, Ham and Japeth and i can show u some more links but dont rely on them too much.

http://www.toursturkey.com/

http://www.alphathruomega.com/genesis/Genesis10.html

You don't have to believe this but i just think maybe it is true? because some parts of the bible do match with what the Qur'an says. eg. the antichrist also known as Dajjal for the Muslims.

Can any of the admins help to prove this? or is it wrong.

:w:

Muezzin
08-05-2005, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Homayra90
Nah, you'd be bacon.

...:p

sena
08-05-2005, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib

sister i'm not fully sure about if the source is reliable or not but it is mentioned in the bible (injeel) but i'm not fully sure if it is reliable or not because the bible has changed over time. It mentions the three sons Sam, Ham and Japeth and i can show u some more links but dont rely on them too much.

http://www.toursturkey.com/

http://www.alphathruomega.com/genesis/Genesis10.html

You don't have to believe this but i just think maybe it is true? because some parts of the bible do match with what the Qur'an says. eg. the antichrist also known as Dajjal for the Muslims.

Can any of the admins help to prove this? or is it wrong.

yes also I read these sites, I would like to make a clear something ,in www.toursturkey.com sites, it is mentioned Anatolia (Turkey). but in our land several civilization and nations settled here and passed( hitits , eti, greeks, and others) through history . the Turks settled to Anatolia in 10.th century (1071). in this site is mentioned before settling turks to anatolia.

and also the second site, it is written

Noah "rest"

Shem "name; renown" Father of the Semitic and Asian peoples.

maybe it can be true. cos turks origin is middle asia.

- Qatada -
08-05-2005, 07:36 PM

the facts are really mixed up because there are different versions of bibles all over the place and there are alot of different facts (as its said in Islam that the previous scriptures have changed over the times.) this is what makes people extremely confused and in one bible it might say asia and in another it might say northern europe.. insh Allah i'm going to ask later on or search for the Islamic view to this. If there is a hadith or if a scholar may know.

Maybe the admins could find anything related to this in the Islamic perspective?

sena
08-05-2005, 07:45 PM
ok it doesn't matter. all of us are from Hz. Adam (a.s)...

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-05-2005, 08:57 PM
The narration that Aqib quotes appears in Qasas Al-Anbiyah of Ibn Kathir Ad-Damishqi who also believes that all human progeny are descended from Nuh (as). There is no confirmation of the authenticity of the hadith that I've seen but it doesn't seem entirely accurate since we know that there were various other nations living at that time, and it would be absurd to suggest that they didn't have any children. And we know that the flood did not cover the entire globe.

If I find anymore info on this, I'll let you know insha'Allah.

sena
08-05-2005, 09:08 PM
thank you brother for making a clear this subject, I was confused about this thread. thanks again.

princezz
08-06-2005, 10:21 PM
hmm...i dnt wna sy...snds lyk a wierd ting :S
*sowi bt ma cnfsed*
even dough im a PAKI 4 LYF :)

Ataraxis
08-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Hmm..interesting. I think I'm either Shem or Ham.. :p I hadn't read about this before..hopefully i'll look it up when ive time :)

Palestinian_Lib
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
.: Free Palestine:.

If it's true I'm a hammy (lolz) (I'm not Palestinian) I think Ham is prononced with a "7" in arabic not a soft "ha"

.: Al Hoorya LiFilisten:.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.