/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 4 The WannaB Bearded Bro's

Pk_#2
04-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Bismillah

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Importance of the Beard in the words of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam):

(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication." - Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) The teachings of Hadhrat Ammar Bin Yaasir, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Sayyidina Umar, Abu Hurairah and Jaabir (R.A.), indicate that ALL used to keep beards that were one fist length or more. Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) had said: "We used to grow long beards and only during Hajj and Umrah did we trim them to the required length (i.e. fist length)."

(3) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)." - Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(5) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar. - Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard." - Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard." - Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(8) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah" - Reported by Ibn Abbas (R.A.) in Tibrabi

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard. - Tirmidhi

The Beard according to the Great Imams of Jurisprudence

Hanafi
Imam Muhammed (R.A.) writes in his book "Kitabul Aathaar" where he relates from Imam Abu Hanifa (R.A.) who relates from Hadhrat Haytham (R.A.) who relates from Ibn Umar (R.A.) that he (Ibn Umar) used to hold his beard in his hand and cut off which was longer. Imam Muhammed (R.A.) says that this is what we follow and this was the decision of Imam Abu Hanifa. Therefore, according to Hanafies, to shorten the beard less than a FIST LENGTH is HARAAM and on this is IJMA (concensus of opinion).

Shafi'i
Imam Shafi (R.A.) in his Kitabul Umm states, "To shave the beard is HARAAM." (Shari Minhaj dar Shara Fasl Aqueeqa).

Maaliki
Shekh Ahmad Nafarawi Maliki in the commentary of Imam Abu Zayed's booklet states, "to shave the beard is without doubt haraam according to all Imams." It is also mention in "Tamheed" which is a commentary of "Muatta" (Sunnan Imam Malik (R.A.)) that to shave the beard is HARAAM and among males the only ones to resort to this practice (of shaving) are the HERMAPHRODITES (persons who possess both male and female features and characteristics).

Hanbali
The Hanbalies in the famous Al-Khanie'a Hanbali Fatawa Kitab state that "to grow the beard is essential and to shave it is HARAAM." Also in the Hanbali Mathab books "Sharahul Muntahaa" and "Sharr Manzoomatul Aadaab", it is stated "The most accepted view is that it is HARAAM (prohibited to shave the beard)."
Also note, according to scholars of Islam: "To shave off the beard is unlawful (haraam) and one who shaves his beard is legally speaking an unrighteous fellow (FASIQ); hence, it is NOT PERMISSIBLE to appoint such a man as an Imam. To say Taraweeh behind such an Imam is MAKRUH-E-TAHRIMI (near prohibition)" (Shami Vol.1, p.523) The Durre-Mukhtar states: "No one has called it permissible to trim it (the beard) less than FIST-LENGTH as is being done by some westernized Muslims and hermaphrodites." (Vol. 2, p. 155). Also, "It is forbidden (haraam) for a man to cut off another's beard." (Vol. 5, p. 359).

Conclusion
Thus, a Muslim who shaves or shortens his beard is like a hermaphrodite, his Imamate near prohibition, his evidence is not valid, he will not have the right to vote or being voted for. Shaving and shortening the beard is the action of non-believers. Imam Ghazzali (RA) says: "Know that the key to total bliss (Saadah) lies in following the Sunnah and in emulating the life of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) in ALL that issues from him, and in ALL his doings even if it concerns the manner of his eating, rising, sleeping, and speaking. I do say thisin relation to rituals in worship ONLY because ther is no way neglecting the Sunnah reported of him in such matters - but what I say INCLUDES EVERY ASPECT of his daily life." (Kitab al Arbain Addin, Cairo 1344, p. 89). Furthermore, in the Holy Qur'an, Allah told Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) to say:

"Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Quran 3:31)

The daily recitation of a band of angels of Allah is "Holy is the Being who adorned men with beards and women with braids" (Takmela e Bahr al Raiq, Vol. 3, p. 331)
Lastly, Allah Ta'ala says in the Holy Qur'an: "And when the true believers are called to Allah and His Rasul (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) [to accept and practice the law and commands of Allah and His Rasul (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)] that he may pass judgement upon them, their ONLY reply is 'We hear and obey.' Such men shall surely prosper." (24:51)

Muslims are overcome with western influence in their lives and it's easy to forget, nay, neglect the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Little do these Muslims realize the magnitude of their actions in imitating Kufaar. And then there are others who claim that the matters concerning beards is a "little" issue not worthy of mention nor practice. To them I say get off the denial bandwagon, you're a Muslim! Follow the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in all aspects of life, for he was the best of examples. I couldn't tell you how many times I've mistaken a Muslim brother (outside of the Masjid) for a kaafir on account of his clean-shaven, well oiled, face. How can I say "Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!" when I do not know if he is a Muslim. Yet that very brother then wonders why he was ignored! Sure, he can tell if others are Muslim on account of their beard, but what about himself? From one brother to another, I say: "Grow a beard, then, since it also promotes Brotherhood in the real world. Stand with your Brothers, be one. And when you do grow a beard, don't mock the Sunnah, please grow it correctly, i.e. FIST LENGTH. That is the prescribed length and no shorter.

Peace.

-Mufti Afzal Elias, May Allah reward him abundantly, Ameen.(Say Ameen)

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-27-2007, 09:14 PM
:salamext:

Yeh, for all those brothers out there who shave to look ...... u know. Shaving is haraam...

Kool post sis, Jazaak Allaah Khayr! :D

-Mufti Afzal Elias, May Allah reward him abundantly, Ameen.(Say Ameen)
AMEEN AMEEN AMEEN AMEEN (Enough? :p)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2007, 09:26 PM

there was a post about beards by sister umm abdullah, wallahi it is extremely effective. let me try find it inshaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ing-beard.html

jazakAllah khair to umm abdullah

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rhubarb Tart
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
what about those brothers who have no bread growing at all. my cousin now 18 hardly has any hair. What about those brother are they haram. I mean those that as never hair grow on his face and does not shave. I know it may seem impossible but many people from african background (the ones i knw of) havent got nay hair.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
what about those brothers who have no bread growing at all. my cousin now 18 hardly has any hair. What about those brother are they haram. I mean those that as never hair grow on his face and does not shave. I know it may seem impossible but many people from african background (the ones i knw of) havent got nay hair.
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

we are prohibited from shaving it.

If it doesnt grow then we arent shaving it, we are letting it grow yet it doesnt grow.

i hope i made it clear and im sorry if i didnt.

Pk_#2
04-29-2007, 09:12 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

In that case as bro IbnAbdulHakim has stated the brothers are not doing anything wrong,

Avoiding Shaving the Beard

Some men adorn themselves by shaving off their beards. This is a sinful deed that involves four separate violations of Islaam:

a) It is a disobedience of the Prophet's sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam clear command to leave the beard alone.
b) It is an imitation of the unbelievers.
c) It is an alteration of Allaah's creation.
d) It is an imitation of women.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Rhubarb Tart
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
seen now i get i taught u guys said those that has no beard r not consider a good muslims something like that.
But now i understand.

M2A^AKIB^
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
i couldn't decide whether i should keep my beard or not... so just to let it all out i shaved couple weeks ago..
no one in my family has beard, non of my friends have it either. i didn't get any courage from anyone to keep it. instead, all i heard was, shave it now, keep it later when u want when u're older.
at first i was really determined to keep it, later i don't know what happened...
shaytan just overpowered me!
is shaving terribly a bad sin??
What should i do now?? :?

Ghira
04-30-2007, 12:23 AM
I am not saying shaving of the beard is halal or haram...The 4 imams surely knows more than I. These are some of the issues that come up when stating that men have to have beards.

What if your Mom insists on shaving of beard and/or trimming very short?
It is obligatory to listen to your Mom.

What if your Job requires you to shave your beard at a certain length or completely?
It is obligatory to provide for yourself and family.

What if you have certain irritation causes you to shave your beard or it is prescribed by the dermatologist to shave?
It is obligatory to take care of your body.

What if you cannot grow a beard and can only grow a couple of strands of hair?
Does that mean the person is not following the sunnah?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M2A^AKIB^
is shaving terribly a bad sin??

the four madhaahib agree that keeping a beard is waajib right bro?
just as we would not leave out the witr prayer in the same manner i think we should not leave out this act of worship .

What should i do now?? :?
repent and keep a beard bro, i wish the best for you

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
What if your Mom insists on shaving of beard and/or trimming very short?
It is obligatory to listen to your Mom.
over Allah? If you think theres a difference of opinion on the beard issue bro research on it and let me see what you find.

What if your Job requires you to shave your beard at a certain length or completely?
is your job more important then your worship? allahu a'lam...

It is obligatory to provide for yourself and family.
and Allah is the providor, disobeying him to provide for yourself is indeed something ghareeb (strange)

What if you have certain irritation causes you to shave your beard or it is prescribed by the dermatologist to shave?
allahu a'lam

It is obligatory to take care of your body.
agreed and i hope you know the many benefits of keeping a beard.
stronger teeth and increased sperm count is just to mention a few.

What if you cannot grow a beard and can only grow a couple of strands of hair?
keep those strands because of the hadith in which a sahabi kept only one single hair which grew so long that angels tried fighting each other to play with it.

Does that mean the person is not following the sunnah?
i believe so and Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.