/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friday Prayers

jasmine_c
04-27-2007, 11:24 PM
As salaamu alaikum everyone. I was wondering about Friday Prayers...like when they are done (obviously Friday but I mean the time or something) and what they consist of. Also I found out my nearest Mosque is in Chester. I've no idea where Chester is but I'm pretty sure you have to go on a motorway to get there so it's quite far. Is there an alternative to me going to the Mosque for the prayer every Friday or is it obligatory to go? Thanks everyone, Jasmine

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
:sl:
I'm pretty sure that there are mosques in Liverpool! That's where the first Muslims in the UK lived, including Abdullah Quillam, an early convert who founded a big Mosque, if I'm not mistaken.
:w:

Umm Yoosuf
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Jasmine

I do not know what the distanaction of the Masjid Insha Allah someone will be able to help.

It is not wajib (obligatory) for sisters to pray the Friday prayer but if they want they can do so :)

Volume 2, Book 13, Number 4:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "The taking of a bath on Friday is compulsory for every male (Muslim) who has attained the age of puberty."
[Bukhari]

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Selam aleykum
Friday prayer is prayed in the place of salaat al-zohar, In other words it replaces it, and there is no zohar prayer then.

As mentioned before me, it is completely optional for the sisters.

Next to praying in group, the imam also gives a sermon, which in the mosque I go to, is usually very insightfull and interesting.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Confucius
04-30-2007, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jasmine_c
As salaamu alaikum everyone. I was wondering about Friday Prayers...like when they are done (obviously Friday but I mean the time or something) and what they consist of. Also I found out my nearest Mosque is in Chester. I've no idea where Chester is but I'm pretty sure you have to go on a motorway to get there so it's quite far. Is there an alternative to me going to the Mosque for the prayer every Friday or is it obligatory to go? Thanks everyone, Jasmine
salamunalikum...

sis its not obligatory upon women to attend friday prayers nor any other prayer in jamaat....so i dont think u need to worry about it

...just pray Dhur as normal.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.