/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To Remember 99 names of allah

Henry
05-16-2005, 02:35 AM
:sl:
Here, you can find the perfect names of Allah. I thought it would be a great idea to memorize ten of them each day, so after ten days, you know all of them by heart! I have already memorized the first ten.
  • Allah
  • Ar Rahmaan
  • Ar Raheem
  • Al Mulik
  • Al Qudoo
  • As Salaam
  • Al Mu'min
  • Al Muhaimin
  • Al Azeez
  • Al Jabaar

I usually just try to memorize three at a time, and take a step from there.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Syed
05-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Great thread brother. Can we learn 5 a day? I think it will be easier. If you memorize the 99 names of Allah you are going to go to paradise!
:w:

muminah
05-16-2005, 03:38 AM
assalam alaikum,
Nice work brother henry :applaud:
7:180 The most beatiful names belong to allah,so call on him by them;

Henry
05-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Go at whatever pace fits you most!
  • Al Mutakabbir
  • Al Khaaliq
  • Al Bori'
  • Al Musawwir
  • Al Ghaffaar
  • Al Quhaar
  • Al Wahhaab
  • Al Razzaaq
  • Al Fattaah
  • Al Aleem

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM

That's an excellent idea brother Henry! :)

Link
05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Assalamu alaicom

I believe there are way more than 99 names

A7med
05-22-2005, 04:18 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: ^^^eehhhh^^^ :confused: :confused: :confused:

Link
05-22-2005, 05:46 PM
here i'll name one found in hadith/dua of the Prophet (pbuh), 'Al-Muhsin' (doer of good)

Link
05-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I'll give another one name from a famous hadith : Al-jameel

from Quran: Ahlal-taqwa wa ahlal-maghfira, shadeedal eqab, thel tawlee, rafeal darijat, qabilal tawba

some more from hadiths: Ahlel-jewdy wal jabaraut, alhlel afwi wal rahma,

Henry
05-24-2005, 12:29 AM
It gets much harder to memorize the perfect names as you go on. So far I am up to fourty but having a bit of difficulty in the last ten.

Starting at twenty...
  • Al Khaabid
  • Al Baasit
  • Al Khaafid
  • Ar Rhaafi
  • Al Mu'iz
  • Al Muthill
  • As Samee
  • Al Baseer
  • Al Hakam
  • Al Adl
    Thirty...
  • Al Lateef
  • Khabeer
  • Al Haleem
  • Al Azeem
  • Al Ghafoor
  • As Shakoor (or something similar)
  • Al Aliyy
  • Al Kabeer
  • Al Hafeez
  • Al Muqeet

Anyone else remembering them with me?

Rafay
05-24-2005, 01:32 AM
brother i have final exams this thuesday-thurs, plz make dua for me:), on thursday inshallah i will start memorizing them also :).

Henry
05-24-2005, 02:16 AM
"Please make dua for me" - I am sorry, I do not understand.

If you have AIM, MSN, Or Yahoo Messenger I will be glad to help you or anyone else out with remembering these.

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 02:33 AM
Dua is when you ask Allah for something in prayer or after or whenever. You ask Allah to have good things for you or you can ask for anything you want. Hope that helps. Inshallah I'll make dua for you bro. Rafay and you'll get good marks on your exams.

Rafay
05-24-2005, 03:06 AM
jazakAllah khairun :). Yes, dua is wat bro ibn syed said, also prophet Muhammad peace and blessings of Allah be upon him said in a hadith that "Dua is worship".

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 03:14 AM
Go here for da basix:
http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6
Inshallah you will learn lots and become a good muslim from here.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-24-2005, 05:04 AM
:sl: Henry,
Here's a tip. If you ever don't understand a term, look it up here:
http://www.load-islam.com/index.php?...id=52&catid=80

If ypou click D and scroll down, it says:

Du'a ------------------------ A prayer
Simple. ;)

Henry
05-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your help!
Hopefully this weekend when I am at the Mosque for my first time I will learn how to pray! :) That is something that I have been telling myself that I MUST learn how to do, and I won't feal like a complete Muslim untill I know how to pray :)

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Inshallah it will be easy for you.

Khattab
05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Mashallah let us know how it goes inshallah.

Henry
05-25-2005, 01:56 AM
In my perspective, as long as you put in an effort into learning anything about Islam or Allah is absolutely great. Numbers do not matter, as long as it is in your heart. Inshallah we will all be guided on the right path!

Ibn Syed
05-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Ameen!

Uthman
05-25-2005, 06:59 PM

Ameen! InshaAllah I will learn these here with you also! :)

Bint Abdusattar
05-25-2005, 07:10 PM

What a great idea. I learnt the 99 names of Allah and the surah names with a tune when i was doing my course. here is the web site for it:
http://www.alhudapk.com//audio-video/nasheed/

I'm sure that leaning the names will be much easier to learn with a tune.

Henry
05-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Very nice job! I am learning ten more today, as I finally memorized one to fourty perfectly.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Walaykumassalam-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

I am learning ten more today, as I finally memorized one to fourty perfectly.
Mashallah bro keep it up and may allah make it easy for - ameen

Wassalam

Ibn Syed
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Ameen! and for us too! Ameen!

Khayal
05-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

What a great idea. InshaAllah I will learn these here with you also!

Henry
05-27-2005, 10:25 PM
My absolute goal is to learn up to 60 by monday. Hopefully I can learn up to seventy by tuesday :)

syedhs
05-28-2005, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
My absolute goal is to learn up to 60 by monday. Hopefully I can learn up to seventy by tuesday :)
Salam Henry,

There is a very modest song of 99 names of Allah. Insyaallah you can memorize it much faster. I was taking like 1-2 days to memorize them all and believe me, it is not an extraordinary achievement! Unfortunately, I dont have it in digital form.

Henry
05-28-2005, 03:22 AM
Oh, wow! If I can find such a song I will gladly listen to it :)

Ra`eesah
05-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

Brother if its the nasheed /song u want then the nasheed u shall get.

99 names of Allah nasheed

remember me in your prayers...

Sister Aisha :wilted_ro

Far7an
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ibn Hasan Al Ash-Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab (rahimahullah) says in his explanation of Kitab At-Tawheed regarding the Name “Allaah”:

The name “Allaah” includes all the meanings of the Most Beautiful Names and Attributes of Allah.

Ibn Al-Qayyim said: "This honorable Name "Allaah" has ten verbal characteristics (merits), "which he then stated. Then, he added: "As for its moral characteristics, the best of Allah's creatures, Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam ) said: 'I cannot praise You in a way that You deserve; You are as you have praised Yourself.'" How can we enumerate the characteristics of a Name whose Possessor bears absolute and unlimited perfection, praise glorification, and goodness! This Name is never mentioned over any small amount or quanity of anything except that it increases it thereby. If mentioned in times of fear it removes the object of fear, and in times of anguish or distress, it alleviates it. Should a weak person cling to these words, he will be strengthened and a humiliated one will be given dignity. A poor one will be enriched thereby and the one who feels lonely and desolute will be entertained. The wronged person will be aided and supported, while a person who is compelled will be sustained, and the homeless person will be sheltered. It is the great Name with which anguish is removed, blessings are sought, invocations are accepted, sins are forgiven, evil deeds are repelled, and good deeds are performed. It is the Name on which the heavens and earth were raised, Divine Books were revealed, the Messengers were sent down, laws were legislated, prescribed penalties were established, Jihad was founded, the people were divided into happy and unhappy, the Inevitable takes place, and the Event befalls. It is the Name with which the Balance is set, the Straight Path is established, Paradise and Hell-Fire were made to exist, and Allah the Almighty is served. It is the Name about which one is asked within the grave, on the Day of Resurrection and during the Reckoning. It is the Name about which alienation is aroused between the faithful and the mushrikin. It is the Name for the sake of which one should befriend some, and show enmity to others. The happiness and distress of one depends on knowing that Name and observing its due rights. This name is the secret of creation and revealing matter: it is linked to the beginning and end of everything. Allah, the Almighty say, {Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to you! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire}. [Surah Al-i-'Imran: 191]

[Fat-hul Majeed Sharh Kitab At-Tawheed Page 1 - 2]

suad hassan
08-06-2005, 02:35 PM
salam just 2 say that good luck 2 those memorising it. alhamdulilah i heard 2 memorise all of it as part of an exam at my mosque and may Allah be by those memorising it and may he grant us jannah
ameen

ansar.tajudeen
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
asalamualaikum....
to remember 99 names of allah let v start this new thread such a way to post name of allah with meaning...as following example

1.ALLAH - This is the Personal Name of the Creator of the universe WHO is the fount of all exalted virtues, No one ever has been called by this name before, nor is it lawful to call any one now by name. Allah is the true object of all your devotions ; to Him alone is due all your worship and sacrifice ; and HIS protection is the only refuge against all apprehensions. Hence cherish love for Him in your heart, offer true worship to Him only, and put all your trust and reliance upon him alone.

now next person should post another name like this along with this (i.e include previously posted allah's name so tat every one who see the thread able read this and then post another name)as list follow this rule
ex:
1.one of the name of allah (ALLAH)
2. another (AL-RAHMAN)
3. another(AL-RAHIM)

inshallah may allah help us to memorize his attributes..

Medina83
05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
1. Ar Rahman

Ar-Rahman
The All-Compassionate
The Most Gracious has imparted this Qur'an unto man. He has created man: He has imparted unto him articulate thought and speech. At His behest the sun and the moon run their appointed courses; before Him prostrate themselves the stars and the trees.
And the skies has He raised high, and has devised for all things a measure, so that you too, O men, might never transgress the measure of what is right: weight, therefore, your deeds with equity, and cut not the measure short! and the earth has He spread out for all living beings, with fruit thereon, and palm trees with sheathed clusters of dates, and grain growing tall on its stalks, and sweet-smelling plants.
Which, then, of your Sustainer's powers
can you disavow?

:)

zanjabeela
05-03-2007, 05:40 AM
(Great thread, mashAllah!)
1. Allah
2. Ar-Rahmaan
3. Ar-Raheem: The Merciful; He who gives blessings and prosperity, particularly to those who use these gifts as He has said, and is merciful to the believers in the Hereafter. Related Ayah: He it is who sent down clear revelations unto His Slave (Muhammad), that He may bring you forth from darkness unto light; and lo! for you, Allah is Full of Pity, Merciful. (57:9)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.