/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Company Issues

anonymous
04-28-2007, 10:43 PM
:sl:
I'm really fustrated with choosing good company, i have lots of muslim friends most of who have bad habits e.g. smoking,drugs, disrespectful,anti-social and always getting in trouble, involed with girls etc. I can't stand being in their company so i choose to be with non-muslims who hardly do any of those things. I don't what is better staying with the muslims or non-muslims, i really want some 'pious' muslim friends which i can stay on the right path with, but can't seem to find any. I'm stuck between the two groups, please give me some advice.:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
04-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Asselamu aleykum,

The Muslims you mentioned can hardly even be called Muslim, astagfirullah.

When you stay with non-Muslims, make sure their character is good, because c'mon not all non-Muslims are bad, some might even help you in someway. And in your case, they seem to be better than the Muslims you mentioned.

Now while you're with non-Muslims, I'm telling you to: make sure you read lots about Islam 'cause they [non-Muslims or those Muslims] won't keep you in the straight path, only you can. Trust yourself and trust Allah, everyday do something to boost your Emaan.

Maybe one day you could give dawah to those non-Muslims, or even those Muslims. But for now, stay with the one who avoids those kinds of actions, like smoking, drinking, involving with girls, drug, bad character... 'Cause yeah, maybe those Muslims believe in Allah and Islam, yet their actions contradict them and this is something that only one person cannot change; You'd neeed more support and they'd need Allah to open their eyes.

This is only my humble opinion. My whole life I've been friends with mostly non-Muslims, because there are hardly good Muslims here. Now my non-Muslim companies were of the good sort, alhamdulillah and NEVER did they do anything that could have cost my Emaan to become weaker. You see, I remain strong in my faith and these non-Muslims, respected my choice. The Muslims on the other hand, forgot about Islam and didn't care... Astagfirullah. Now, because Allah has been so merciful, I've met great Muslimahs and now my life is becoming so much more balanced between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Take your time and choose those who are better in character, inshaAllah.

AnonymousPoster
04-29-2007, 11:04 AM
:sl:
Thanks alot sis, I just wish i could get to know some good muslims a.s.a.p because its about time i have a set of decent friends that i can get to know and trust

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, nowaday a lot of people call themselfs muslims but don't follow any of the rules of Islam and sometimes behave much morse then most of the non-muslims. It is a very sad thing, and if you hang around with them to much, eventually some of there bad behavior will wear off on you, no matter how strong your faith is. That is why it is important to pick your friends right. My advice to you brother, go to the different mesjids in your neighbourhood for the daily prayers. InshaAllah you will meet pious brothers then who will help you strive for the cause of Allah subahan wa ta'ala inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.