/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can not make myself believe

AnonymousPoster
04-29-2007, 04:10 AM
This will sound strange but while I lead a very Islamic-like life (I do not drink, I dress very modestly outside of the home in clothes bought from an Islamic store, do not smoke, am faithful to my husband, etc.) I can not make myself believe in Allah any more because my only son has diabetes. :cry: I'm not sure what my question is here, maybe I just needed to vent. :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
:salamext:

May Allaah ease your affairs in this life and the next, ameen.

Allaah Almighty tests different people in different ways. Your son may be disabled physically, but Allaah may give him alot of wisdom and wealth. You may have lots of wealth, yet not have the looks. Or you may have the looks, but not have the knowledge. Allaah tests us all in different ways.

These tests are in different ways, and Allaah Almighty puts us in different situations, but it still is a test. If a person has wealth, Allaah will ask them on how they spent that wealth, whereas someone who never had wealth may be asked how he used his strength, health etc. Whenever Allaah Almighty tests someone, He doesn't burden them with more than they can bear, which is part of the Mercy of Allaah Almighty.

We will be judged by Allaah on everything that we do, the less sins we fall into will be better for our account. Some people may have commited many sins which may have lead them to the hellfire in the hereafter, so Allaah chose to make them disabled. Some may have abused their wealth if they had too much, so Allaah Almighty made them poor. Allaah Almighty is the Most Wise, the All-Knowing.

You cannot say that you know what will happen without a doubt, because it is Allaah who know's the future, so He will give us a means to stay firm on the right path if we are sincere.

I would urge you to read this article inshaa Allaah:

Reaping the Fruits of Afflictions
http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/04/01.shtml

And please also read this:
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-dont-sad.html

We will keep you in our duas' inshaa Allaah.

sevgi
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM
sa...

here are some small quotes i found for u. they are by beduizzaman said nursi. PLEASE i urge you to read ech one very very carefully.if u need any outlined, do not hesitate to pm me or ask for my email address.

i hope ur heart opens up and u can benefit from these quotes.

1.What gives life to people is hope, while what kills them is despair.

2.Fear and weakness encourage outside influences.

3.The remedy for one ill person may be poison for another. If a remedy exceeds its limit, it is the cause of ills.

4.Temporary pains should be smiled on rather than temporary pleasure being smiled on, and should be welcomed. For past pleasures cause one to say: “Alas!”, and “Alas!” is the interpreter of a concealed pain. While past pains cause one to say: “Oh!”, and “Oh!” tells of a permanent pleasure and bounty.

5.In every calamity is a degree of bounty, like a degree of heat. Greater calamities should be thought of and the degree of bounty in the small one noted, and God should be thanked. For if the calamity is blown up, it will grow; and if it is worried over, it will double; the image, the imagining, in the heart will be transformed into reality; and that will pound the heart as well.

6.Distress teaches vice. Despair is the source of misguidance; and darkness of heart, the source of distress of the spirit.

wassalam:)

rubiesand
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
But Anon, before, when you did believe in Allah you must have known that there were diseases and problems in the world, many of them a lot worse than diabetes? But that didn't stop you from believing in Allah then, right? What's different now is only that this trial has come to your own door. Many other people are in the same situation, and a lot of people are in much worse situations.

If you can't as yet accept what Allah has willed for your son, at least look at those who are worse off than yourself, and find something that puts your problem into perspective and makes it more manageable for you. For example, what if you lived somewhere like Iraq, and had a son with diabetes, but you couldn't get to the hospital for fear of being killed on the way, or maybe the hospital has no medications for him, and he deteriorates, and there is nothing you can do to help him? But, you don't live in Iraq. You have access to the best medical intervention. You have family. You have your own health. You have hope. Allah has not abandoned you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
04-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Anonymous Gender,

I watched my mother suffer with multiple sclerosis for the last thirty years of her life. She could not move her arms or legs for about the last twenty years, and everything had to be done for her. She had to be fed, dressed, taken to the toilet, hoisted in and out of bed, washed, she had to suffer every kind of indignity and helplessness. Yet she seemed to experience a calmness and peace about her, despite all her suffering. I could never really understand her calmness.

I really could not understand how she seemed to just accept it, she rarely complained and often seemed more worried and concerned about our problems than her own. She had a faith in God and she sometimes used to say that she is ready to meet Jesus now. I never heard her blame God for her problems.

At one point she went into a coma and was taken to hospital, the doctors said she had hours to live so we called a priest. When the priest finished his prayers my mums gasping for air seemed to change, she seemed to relax and started to breathe more normally. What seemed like a fairly short time after, she came round and started to speak, she could not remember anything that happened in hospital for the last two days, or that the priest had said prayers over her.

She lived another ten years in her paralysed state, people might have said that it would have been kinder for her to have passed away in hospital. But somehow through my mums faith in God, I started to have a greater faith myself.

I can only say that I will never meet a stronger person than my mum, and she was so kind and caring too. Faith is only faith when it is tested, sometimes it seems that God tests us in extreme ways. If life was all cosy and comfortable we might not depend on god.

In the spirit of praying to a loving God

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2007, 09:36 PM
:salamext:

I hope your well sister inshaAllah.

Allah took away 14 children of prophet Ayyub AS.
Allah took away Nuh AS father.
Allah Allowed Abu Talib the beloved uncle and father like figure of the prophet saws to live in misguidance.
Allah took away the beloved uncle of the prophet saws as well as his wife.
Allah placed much hardship on all those he loved

and perhaps Allah loves you so much aswell....

England
04-29-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
This will sound strange but while I lead a very Islamic-like life (I do not drink, I dress very modestly outside of the home in clothes bought from an Islamic store, do not smoke, am faithful to my husband, etc.) I can not make myself believe in Allah any more because my only son has diabetes. :cry: I'm not sure what my question is here, maybe I just needed to vent. :(
There is a God, there's no doubting that. Pray and He will answer your prayers. I have prayed and not one of my prayers have gone unanswered. God exists, if you need help He will help you. I cannot say much for your religion though.

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Selam aleykum anonymous
May allah subhana wa ta'ala guide you on the straight path and make things easy for you and your son.
Please do not allow shaytan to abuse this and to lead you to disbelieve due to this. It would be a great loss for a small price. Remember that Allah subhana wa ta'ala says in the Qur'an:

029.002: Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?
029.003: We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.
029.004: Do those who practice evil think that they will get the better of Us? Evil is their judgment!
029.005: For those whose hopes are in the meeting with Allah (in the Hereafter, let them strive); for the term (appointed) by Allah is surely coming and He hears and knows (all things).
029.006: And if any strive (with might and main), they do so for their own souls: for Allah is free of all needs from all creation.
029.007: Those who believe and work righteous deeds,- from them shall We blot out all evil (that may be) in them, and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.
029.008: We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.
029.009: And those who believe and work righteous deeds,- them shall We admit to the company of the Righteous.
029.010: Then there are among men such as say, "We believe in Allah"; but when they suffer affliction in (the cause of) Allah, they treat men's oppression as if it were the Wrath of Allah! And if help comes (to thee) from thy Lord, they are sure to say, "We have (always) been with you!" Does not Allah know best all that is in the hearts of all creation?
029.011: And Allah most certainly knows those who believe, and as certainly those who are Hypocrites.
029.012: And the Unbelievers say to those who believe: "Follow our path, and we will bear (the consequences) of your faults." Never in the least will they bear their faults: in fact they are liars!
029.013: They will bear their own burdens, and (other) burdens along with their own, and on the Day of Judgments they will be called to account for their falsehoods.

Also please bear in mind these hadith:
The prophet (s.a.w.) is reported to have said: “Whenever a hardship affects the Muslim, he will be forgiven for it even when he is picked by a spike.” (muslim)

Ummu as-Sa'ib cursed fever, to which the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) told her: 'Do not curse fever, for it takes away the sins like the blaze (fire) takes away the impurities of iron.' (muslim)

The last one is for fever specifically, but we can only hope that the same goes for different ilness inshaAllah, and allah subhana wa ta'ala knows best.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come out to strong quoting verses speaking of disbelievers, I realize that you are trying, and after all you are here looking for guidance, so that must count for something. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala make it easy for you and your son.

@Sumeyye
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
sa...
here are some small quotes i found for u. they are by beduizzaman said nursi. PLEASE i urge you to read each one very very carefully.if u need any outlined, do not hesitate to pm me or ask for my email address.
i hope ur heart opens up and u can benefit from these quotes.
wassalam:)
Selam aleykum sister, I would encourage you to be carefull around the work of Said Nursi. Most of the time he did notback his writing up with hadeeth or ayath and in such cases it seems he mixed his personal interpretation with Islam. I am afraid that this is an invitation to bidah and we that we should be wary off. And Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows best.
Certainly there is many good in his work, but Imagen if he got something wrong, and this wrongful personal opinion drived anonymous further into disbelieve...
May Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide us all.

AnonymousPoster
04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Thank you everyone. It means so much to me that you took so much time to read these thoughtful replies. I will think carefully on each.

Abdul Fattah
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
You're welcome, please don't hesitate in asking any follow up questions inshaAllah.
And again, may Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide you and make it easy for you and your son.

atha
05-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Assalam-u-alaikum

I shall pray that your son feels better inshaAllah. Kindly keep on believing in Allah Subhannah Wa Taalah and ask him to show His mercy upon you and your family inshaAllah.

Take care
Assalam-u-alaikum

atha
05-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Oh, when it really really hurts, say Allah-u-Akbar. There is healing in this inshaAllah. :-)

Take care
assalam-u-alaikum

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-02-2007, 02:19 AM
:sl:

I hope everything goes well for you InshaAllah.
May Allah give you Sabr, Ameen!
We are here for you sis, InshaAllah :)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.