/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question about......

AnonymousPoster
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
how do you repent? Do you "oh im sorry Allah (swt)" that it or do you say it after the salah. Noone never really taught me how to repent for minor and major sins. All i ever here is u must repent for your sins. None really taught how to pray? But started to learn no my on. Before i used to pray wrongly so past payers didnt really count.

links on how to repent and pray would be nice. I words you have to say etc videos on how to pray and words you have to say.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-29-2007, 08:08 PM
I think thats an excellent lecture and it explains everything you've asked in detail inshaa Allaah. I hope you benefit from it and may Allaah forgive you and us all, ameen.

About the salaah, try checking these links and pick the one you feel most comfortable with:

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/downloads.html
http://www.islam.com/salat/salatfinal.html

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/
http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/how-to-pray-intro.htm

http://muttaqun.com/prayer/toc.html
How to Pray

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 01:12 AM
If all the links are a bit intimidating, here's the short version:

Requirements for asking forgiveness:
1. Being sincere in asking forgiveness.
2. To have the intention to try and avoid that which you repent for in the future.

When?
Forgiveness can be sought at any time. The safest is not to postpone it and make dua immediately once you realize you did something wrong. If you fear that the sin was to severe for a simple dua, then there is no harm in doing extra nafl prayer, or giving sadaqa

How, there are many dua's the shortest is to simply say "astagfurAllah"
Maybe some of those links brother Fi Sabilillah posted have better longer dua's.

1. Punishment expiates sins
1. The Prophet added: "Whoever among you fulfills his pledge will be rewarded by Allah. And whoever indulges in any one of them (except the ascription of partners to Allah) and gets the punishment in this world, that punishment will be an expiation for that sin. And if one indulges in any of them, and Allah conceals his sin, it is up to Him to forgive or punish him (in the Hereafter)." - Volume 1, Book 2, Number 17: Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:
2. Sincere prayers result in forgiveness of sins
1. Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever establishes the prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not to show off) then all his past sins will be forgiven." , Volume 1, Book 2, Number 34, Narrated Abu Huraira
2. Allah's Apostle said: "Whoever establishes prayers during the nights of Ramadan faithfully out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not for showing off), all his past sins will be forgiven." - , Volume 1, Book 2, Number 36, Narrated Abu Huraira
3. Fasting and sincere prayer result in forgiveness
1. Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." - Volume 1, Book 2, Number 37, Narrated Abu Huraira.
4. Ablutions and pure thoughts during prayer result in forgivness.
1. (the slave of 'Uthman) I saw 'Uthman bin 'Affan asking for a tumbler of water (and when it was brought) he poured water over his hands and washed them thrice and then put his right hand in the water container and rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out. then he washed his face and forearrlns [sic] up to the elbows thrice, passed his wet hands over his head and washed his feet up to the ankles thrice. Then he said, "Allah's Apostle said 'If anyone Performs ablution [washing] like that of mine and offers a two-rak'at prayer [spiritual communication with Allah] during which he does not think of anything else (not related to the present prayer) then his past sins will be forgiven.' " After performing the ablution 'Uthman said, "I am going to tell you a Hadith which I would not have told you, had I not been compelled by a certain Holy Verse (the sub narrator 'Urwa said: This verse is: "Verily, those who conceal the clear signs and the guidance which we have sent down...)" (2:159). I heard the Prophet saying, 'If a man performs ablution perfectly and then offers the compulsory congregational prayer, Allah will forgive his sins committed between that (prayer) and the (next) prayer till he offers it. Volume 1, Book 4, Number 161, Narrated Humran, See also 165
5. Prayer offered in a congregation is 25 times better than prayer offered alone and each step towards a mosque results in forgiveness of a sin.
1. The Prophet said, "The prayer offered in congregation is twenty five times more superior (in reward) to the prayer offered alone in one's house or in a business center, because if one performs ablution and does it perfectly, and then proceeds to the mosque with the sole intention of praying, then for each step which he takes towards the mosque, Allah upgrades him a degree in reward and (forgives) crosses out one sin till he enters the mosque. When he enters the mosque he is considered in prayer as long as he is waiting for the prayer and the angels keep on asking for Allah's forgiveness for him and they keep on saying: 'O Allah! Be Merciful to him, O Allah! Forgive him, as long as he keeps on sitting at his praying place and does not pass wind. (See Hadith No. 620). Volume 1, Book 8, Number 466, Narrated Abu Huraira,
6. Prayers coinciding with that of angels results in forgiveness of sins.
1. The Prophet said, "Say Amin" when the Imam says it and if the Amin of any one of you coincides with that of the angels then all his past sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab said, "Allah's Apostle used to Say "Amin." Volume 1, Book 12, Number 747, Narrated Abu Huraira, See also 748
7. If you recite a certain prayer and die that day, your sins will all be forgiven.
1. The Prophet said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: 'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta." The Prophet added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise." Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318, Narrated Shaddad bin Aus, See also 335:
8. Saying a certain prayer 100 times gets the same reward as freeing 10 slaves, and forgives sins.
1. Allah's Apostle said,"Whoever says: "La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shai'in qadir," one hundred times will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he." Narrated Abu Huraira: Volume 8, Book 75, Number 412.
2. Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea," Volume 8, Book 75, Number 414, Narrated Abu Huraira,
Source: http://www.carm.org/islam/hadith_forgiveness.htm

Medina83
04-30-2007, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah

'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta."

Brothers, Jazak Allah for these posts, they are so educational

Would you mind translating this part to English for me?
I find it hard to concentrate when praying in Arabic if I don't know the English meaning...

BarakAllahu Fiqh

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83

I find it hard to concentrate when praying in Arabic if I don't know the English meaning...

BarakAllahu Fiqh

Asalaamu 'alykum sis.

That's really good since learning the meaning of the dua'/supplication means you can say it from the heart properly instead of blindly saying something you don't understand.

I think the best thing for you to do is to copy and paste that dua' and create a thread in the arabic section, inshaa Allaah someone will translate it for you as soon as possible.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
:sl:

It is a good sign that you feel deep remorse and sorrow for your misbehavior in the past. You should be glad to know that Allah is All-Forgiving and All-Merciful. He has promised forgiveness to all sinners, no matter how ugly their sins, once they have taken the necessary steps towards sincere repentance. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “To feel remorse for one’s sin is a step towards repentance; and one who has repented of a sin is like someone who has never sinned at all!”

In your case it is simply enough for you to ask forgiveness of Allah and make a firm resolution in your mind never to repeat the same again, and promise yourself and Allah to stick with it.

doing the ablution well includes saying the Bismillah in the beginning, and some other prayer words after it such as:

"I bear witness that there is no deity save Allah , the one, and I also bear witness that Muhammad is his slave and messenger."

"O’ Allah! make me of the repenting, and make me of the purified."

"O’ Allah! with praises to you I bear witness that there is no deity but you. I seek your forgiveness and turn to you in repentance."

Offer two rak’ats of prayer. Performs them in full presence of mind and heart. Commits no mistake within the prayers. Does not speak to himself within them. Recites the prayer-words in them well and in humility. Then seeks Allah’s forgiveness.

:w:

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83

BarakAllahu Fiqh
I'd follow Fi Sabilillah's advice on this one inshaallah since I'm not that good with Arabic either.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.