/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did people already know that honey was a healing aid 1400 yrs ago?

peace800
04-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Based on anecdotes, i've read that people already knew even before 1400 years ago that applying honey was good for humans etc. i.e. via anecdotal tales trial and error back then. Was it known that it could heal back then even when mentioned in Quran?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ManchesterFolk
05-05-2007, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace800
Based on anecdotes, i've read that people already knew even before 1400 years ago that applying honey was good for humans etc. i.e. via anecdotal tales trial and error back then. Was it known that it could heal back then even when mentioned in Quran?
I didn't even know it dies today! Call me stupid I guess. :exhausted

Zman
05-13-2007, 10:39 PM
:sl:

I believe so. Even the Prophet (ASW) mentioned it's healing effects.

People were pretty advanced in ancient times. Don't let the word "ancient" fool you into thinking that they were less knowledgable or backwards.

The Middle East and Asia were full of advanced cultures/empires...

3ARABY_2005
05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace800
I GUESS ALL EGYPTIONS KNOW THAT :D :D :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-22-2007, 06:14 AM
It seems that honey has been used in would healing for thousands of years.
I found this is an online medical journal:
The medicinal properties of honey have been known since ancient times. Ayurveda (Indian medicine) described honey as the nectar of life and recommended its use in various ailments. Ayurvedic stalwarts such as Charaka and Sushruta included honey in their dressing aids to purify sores and promote the healing of fistulous tracts.' The Edwin Smith papyrus of ancient Egypt (1500 B.C.) contained recommendations on wound management and mentioned the treatment of burns with honey.
(from http://www.medbc.com/annals/review/v...vol9n1p33.htm)
More on the Edwin Smith papyrus, which is considered the earliest known medical document here

Muezzin
05-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Honey is awesome. It's a medicine that actually tastes nice. It's great how small children are encouraged by Winnie the Pooh to eat the 'hunneh'.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.