/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with Arabic?

Henry
08-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Assalamu Alaikam Brothers and Sisters

I am going to Pakistan in a few years, and my highschool doesn't teach Arabic :( I was wondering if anyone could work with me and help teach me Arabic untill I leave? The friend who I am traveling with said he would teach me while we are there, but I wouldn't want to lay the whole burdan on him. He has been telling me about having to learn the local dialect of the different areas we are going, but if I could have any kind of vocabulary before I went, it would just be fantastic.

I know this is a lot to ask, but if you just have the spare time and have an instant messenger, you don't know how much you would be helping me :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Takumi
08-07-2005, 05:28 AM
why do you want to learn arabic henry?

Henry
08-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Assalamu Alaikam,
Because I am going to Pakistan :) I need to know how to speak a country's local language if I were to live in a country :)

Takumi
08-07-2005, 12:37 PM
:) Yo henry, :sl:

if i'm not mistaken, they don't really speak Arabic in Pakistan. I believe they speak Urdu. Unless I'm totally out of sync with my geography...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afaaro
08-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Assalaamu Aleykum to u all

Henry, why did you name yourself such as this name; Are you muslim?

ayub
08-07-2005, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
Assalamu Alaikam Brothers and Sisters

I am going to Pakistan in a few years, and my highschool doesn't teach Arabic :( I was wondering if anyone could work with me and help teach me Arabic untill I leave? The friend who I am traveling with said he would teach me while we are there, but I wouldn't want to lay the whole burdan on him. He has been telling me about having to learn the local dialect of the different areas we are going, but if I could have any kind of vocabulary before I went, it would just be fantastic.

I know this is a lot to ask, but if you just have the spare time and have an instant messenger, you don't know how much you would be helping me :)
(haya) aslamo alilkum brother and sisters i go to school in luton, i love to learn arabic as it was the language of the masenger i also want to learn arabic and i would really appereciate if you had any advice for me
:w:

Uthman
08-07-2005, 03:43 PM
:sl:

I'm also learning arabic myself. But I have to echo what takumi said, if I'm not mistaken, arabic is not the local language of Pakistan.

Henry, why did you name yourself such as this name; Are you muslim?
Henry is a muslim revert, may Allah bless him. :)

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

I'm also learning arabic myself. But I have to echo what takumi said, if I'm not mistaken, arabic is not the local language of Pakistan.
This is true. Brother Henry, your best bet would be to learn Urdu. That's the official language. Maybe you could learn some Punjabi as well since that is the main language in certain areas, but Urdu is a must.

Henry is a muslim revert, may Allah bless him. :)

Ameen. :)

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 03:49 PM
:sl: :brother:
Takumi is right. In Pakistan they speak Urdu not Arabic.

Henry
08-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikam brothers and sisters,

Punjabi! I remember that being one of the local dialects. We won't be just in Pakistan, we will be moving about many places. Isn't Arabic a sort of base for Urdu and Punjabi? Anyways, thanks for all of your kind words. Yes, I am a revert :)

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Punjabi's not so much a dialect as a whole different language, but yeah, it'd be wise to learn some of that too.

Urdu I think is based upon Arabic, Hindi and Persian, though I could be mistaken. I have no clue where Punjabi stems from.

Henry
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikam
Just wanted to say, sorry for being ignorant on the whole issue. I just know so little, but I need to learn so much :D

almuslima
08-07-2005, 04:51 PM
i dont think pakitain speak arabic.wait dey dont speak arabic . :confused:

Uma Rayanah
08-07-2005, 05:19 PM

here 2 help...

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by almuslima
i dont think pakitain speak arabic.wait dey dont speak arabic . :confused:
What you say? :confused:

08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
salamu alaykum brother
i hope that those links can help u to learn arabic
http://www.madinaharabic.com/
http://www.taibauniversity.org/eMaah...sion/index.htm
and if u want any help contact me by my msn
i'll be happy to help u
wa salaam

erol
08-07-2005, 07:32 PM
esselamu aleykum ve rahmetullahi ve berekatuh
I think pakistan people are speaking urdu language thats why I recommend you to learn urdu language then you can understand them and speak with them and you will be well there.

Abdalla
08-08-2005, 07:30 PM
FFS who deleted my post? admin mod, you better have a good reason.

Takumi
08-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Henry bro...

I'm very proud of you. I like the way you're enthusiastic about learning Arabic.

It's pretty neat. Urdu is really tight. I like it a lot even though I don't speak it that well.

I got a friend whose 3 year old son always speaks Urdu to me, I don't know why. Maybe because I broke the ice with him with some Urdu phrases. Now, I'm like, aap English bolta ho? (do you speak English? correct me if I'm wrong..) LOL..

anyway, arabic is like math, well.... even better. I can't really help you on this forum though.

May I suggest that you learn the tajweed of Al Quran? It does wonders to your reading of Quran.

Ataraxis
08-09-2005, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
eh ?
I thought Hindi was based on URDU :-\
Ditto. Ha...i'm sure it is.. :) ;)

Henry
08-09-2005, 05:49 AM
Assalamu Alaikam,
I must learn Urdu and Pakhto. Of course I will learn some Arabic for reading Al Qur'an, but while I am there. If anyone has an instant messenger and can help me (and thank you so much of those who can, and thank every one of you for your help), please let me know. Again, my thanks go out to everyone :)

devilsdeception
08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
I am also interested in learning arabic because it will help one way or the other in learning the deen of Allah.
But in my case, i want people who have books on arabic to post them to me.
You can contact me thru my email.
Jazakallahu Ikran
History Repeats itself.

MuslimaH~SistaH
01-07-2006, 05:36 PM
In Pakistan They Don't Speak Arabic,They Speak Urdu!

~~Salam~~

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.