04-30-2007, 02:35 AM
edited

Jazakallah khayr in advance if any of the mod can delete this thread :-[

sorry for being such a nuiscance :exhausted :-[

May Allah reward you for your patience.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 02:50 AM
There's some mistakes in that video, so be careful when passing it trough to non-Muslims. Because a single futile might be enough for a person to reach wrong conclusions and turn away from Islam.

syilla
04-30-2007, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
There's some mistakes in that video, so be careful when passing it trough to non-Muslims. Because a single futile might be enough for a person to reach wrong conclusions and turn away from Islam.

lol...then i shall edit this thread :D (and ask the mod to delete it...erm...again :-[ )

Jazakallah khayr for the reminder

i should becareful next time.

but the Pompeii story is very intriguing one. :-[

yahia12
04-30-2007, 02:59 AM
I didnt see anything that was bad on islam.
where was the mistake parts?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 03:03 AM
selam aleykum
Brother I did not say he said anything bad about Islam, but he got some of the historical parts wrong. If someone with great knowledge of history sees this, then I'm afraid he would be inclined to think: "well he got the historical part wrong, why should I believe this guy about the religious part?"

yahia12
04-30-2007, 03:06 AM
okaay :) thanks i anderstand now.

Are you sure it is wrong historical wrong parts?

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Sure? not really, only Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows what happened in the past and what did not happen. It's not like I recorded the eruption of the Vesuvius with a camera ;)

What I do know, is he said some things that historians disagree with, and that he did not give any source to back these things up.

yahia12
04-30-2007, 03:11 AM
I didnt mean that point of view :).. i meant who are the historians then? where did you get it?

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 03:19 AM
If you insist I will try to make some time tomorrow to watch it again. Since the last time I saw it was like a year ago or something like that, and I don't remember all the details. Then inshaAllah I could make some notes, but now I got to go.
Selam aleykum

Abdul Fattah
04-30-2007, 01:24 PM
As promised I made some time to list a few things.
First of all like someone already commented on youtube, not everybody died immediately, and there were warnings there's a bunch of people who got away. Those who died were those who stayed behind and were confident that nothing serious would happen.

Another point is the statues, the death did not turn into stone. Thing is, when archaeologist discovered the site, they realised that there were "holes" in the solified magma where people used to be. Their bodys mostly decomposed, but the space that they took up left open under the ground due to the structure of magma. Then they filled those "holes" with some sort of plaster, to reconstruct the position of the people, and then after digging them out they carved the plaster "blocks" and added facial expressions and the like to make it more impressive to tourists.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.