PDA

View Full Version : racism



limitless
04-30-2007, 06:45 AM
:sl:

I hear that in middle east theirs discrimination,prejudicism. Say, two people apply for a job, one is arab white, other is muslim; however darker skin tone. The white one will get hired and get better positionthan other one. i read and heard people explain it to me...and it has been bothering me a lot :cry: . I can't love to do when i dont have waht others do naturally. I am happy with my self, but my family isnt islamic type, they always pull you into negativity. I am so sad :( no matter how good i am, im just not "white" i wont get what i deserve. Why? i can understand in non muslim countries, why in muslim?? ..their not practising sure...but it eats you up :(. I guess i am "being tested" but this is gonna go on for my life and another thing...i can't even marry a good practising sister cause shes not from same ethncity....my parents wont allow it. she is arab, and they want "pakistani". :( i am losing myself slowly..

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rania2820
04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
:sl:

this is so true.there is so much racism in the middle east.not only is there racism going on,but nationality also plays a lot on what how much you paid and what type of jobs you get. astagfirallah.and the racism in more prevalent in the older ones than the younger ones.
Reply

dishdash
04-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:
prejudicism.
Is that where you are negatively biased against someone who is prejudiced?

Dang - I think I might be one of those prejudicists...

And seriously, change the title of this thread - it is most offensive.
Reply

aamirsaab
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by limitless
....I guess i am "being tested" but this is gonna go on for my life and another thing...i can't even marry a good practising sister cause shes not from same ethncity....my parents wont allow it. she is arab, and they want "pakistani". :( i am losing myself slowly..
Parents only do what they think is best for their child. I know this for a fact since my parents are the same. To tell you the truth though, I wouldn't have it any other way since my parents probably know me better than I do myself, in which case I have the utmost trust in them with regards to these kinds of matters.

As far as the employment thing is going on, you've merely hit a bump in the road. Pick yourself up and try again - soon enough you'll probably forget this problem ever happened.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Md Mashud
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
There isnt one place in the world which isnt racist, it has nothing to do with Islam...
Reply

aamirsaab
04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
:sl:
1)
Originally Posted by dishdash
And seriously, change the title of this thread - it is most offensive.
2)
Originally Posted by Md Mashud
There isnt one place in the world which isnt racist, it has nothing to do with Islam...
Thread title changed accordingly.
Reply

Md Mashud
04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Jazakallah aamirsaab
Reply

------
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
:salamext:

Parents know the world more than you brother, just remember that. They will always do what is best for you.
Reply

aadil77
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
:sl:
Has anyone been to Dubai? Over there even if you are a muslim arab people treat you unfairly, at the airport desks the arab women give dirty looks, the laws for foreigners are much stricter. Arabs think they are superior to other muslims or people.Even muslims workers over there e.g. taxi drivers complain about this. The arabs are only after the foreigners money. :raging:
Reply

England
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77
:sl:
Has anyone been to Dubai? Over there even if you are a muslim arab people treat you unfairly, at the airport desks the arab women give dirty looks, the laws for foreigners are much stricter. Arabs think they are superior to other muslims or people.Even muslims workers over there e.g. taxi drivers complain about this. The arabs are only after the foreigners money. :raging:
I've been to Dubai... some arabic guy kept giving me filthy looks on the plane :blind:
Reply

bint_muhammed
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by England
I've been to Dubai... some arabic guy kept giving me filthy looks on the plane :blind:
you know how we feel in ENGLAND:X

stop stereotyping all arabs, you've only come across a few! :rollseyes
Reply

Chechen
05-01-2007, 10:27 PM
The Arabs here hate Chechens. I don't know what we could have possibly done to them to desrve this but they can't stand us and this hate has caused some VERY big problems between the 2 communities.
Reply

NoName55
05-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Chechen
The Arabs here hate Chechens. I don't know what we could have possibly done to them to desrve this but they can't stand us and this hate has caused some VERY big problems between the 2 communities.
:sl:
join the club!

Many of them hate me too (an average Pakistani) unless I give the impression of being wealthy
Reply

Amadeus85
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Chechen
The Arabs here hate Chechens. I don't know what we could have possibly done to them to desrve this but they can't stand us and this hate has caused some VERY big problems between the 2 communities.
You mean about Chechenia? I read in magazine that Chechens dislike rather Arabs who came there to fight with Russians.Is this true?
Reply

zanjabeela
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
:sl:
What's this, "bash the Arabs" day? Speaking of how Arabs mistreat non-Arab Muslims is all well and good....but how about how Pakistanis treat Indians? How about how Indians look at people who are maybe Chinese or African or whatever. This kind of prejudice is displayed by everyone who has more faith in their nationality than in Islam. I have yet to see a nationality that didn't feel some sort of superiority in relation to some other nationality.

Don't lose yourself to negativity, brother. It will eat you up from the inside. Allah will provide you with what is already written as your naseeb, that is for sure. Have sabr (easier said than done!) and keep turning to Allah in duaa and salaah. Use the time in which you are unmarried and not working to do all the things that will be difficult to accomplish if married and employed full-time. Allah knows why He has given you life and parents and work situation that you have. You just have to ask Him to make those reasons evident to you.

Thats just one strangers two pennies' worth. Khair InshaAllah.
Reply

atha
05-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Assalam-u-alaikum

Brother, snap out of it. First of all, its odd to hear of racism in middle east and yes its really sad. But how does it affect you practically? Secondly, parents won't let you marry a non-paki girl???? Since when did Islam put this rule forward? Did the Prophet ever say something along these lines? I never read in Islam that. That's the reason, I, a pakistani girl is about to marry a purebred european muslim brother insahAllah. And yes, my parents object to that but its not a valid objection islamically and that's the end of it. :-)

Learn to stand up for yourself please. I know parents love you alhamdulillah but we don't have to follow their whims and desires. We aren't kids anymore, we are grown up adults with our own mind set and goals. Most parents forget the golden rule prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) put forward i.e. "When the child grows up, be his/her friend"

I hope this makes more sense inshaAllah.

Take care
assalam-u-alaikum
Reply

Chechen
05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
You mean about Chechenia? I read in magazine that Chechens dislike rather Arabs who came there to fight with Russians.Is this true?
No the Chechens and Arabs in Chechnya who are fighting the Russians are very good friends and help eachother a lot but I was talking about the Arabs here in France they seem to hate us for some reason and everytime we try to find out why we can't get an answer.
Reply

Israa
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I have personally got nothing against Arabs but i am told by many friends and relatives that there is alot of racism in the Middle East. My dad went to Dubai two years ago and he was treated like an animal and same with my cousin who swore she will never go there again but it is not only Dubai which has the problem, my relatives who have been to and lived in countries like Saudi Arabia tell me they get called 'Abdi' which i believe means servant or slave because they are black but anyways i am sure there are Arabs out there who are not racist.
Reply

skhalid
05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm so glad I ent racist!!!
I love everyone...yes including all of you here..no matter what race, religion, colour etc
Reply

Keltoi
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
This has nothing to do with Arab racism, but to point out the universal nature of racism I would like to share this little tale. I'm half Native American, Kiowa Tribe of Oklahoma, and when I was a child my grandfather showed me a sign hanging on this little bar in our small town. It said "No dogs or Indians allowed". I will always remember that sign, although it has long since been removed. Racism exists everywhere. You just can't let it drag you down.
Reply

skhalid
05-02-2007, 04:41 PM
As I am half arabic myself...I don't think anyone can put me in a stereotype...everyone is different..I am also half balck..so imagen how many arabs look at me..as if I am astghfirullah 'haram'..just because I am mixed race...if arabs are like that with each other..then dayym...I would surely be judged! If it had to be arabs then it depends..I have seen many different kinds..yes some who stares and give filthy looks and some who don't even look at you from the corner of their eyes...who have manners and such...so be careful when you say something people!!!
Reply

youngsister
05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
:sl: Wow didnt know this I am looking to move to Dubai hmm...,
Anyways its not just arabs by the way is every single race they always look good on other races or even tribes:rollseyes
But hey they just the ignorant ones there are many pious people who arent racist and have good manners.
:w:
Reply

AlHoda
10-31-2009, 01:51 PM
I am dark my self, i gad this kind of problem myself,inshallah you will forget about it. Remember Allah does not look to your image or body, but He looks at your deeds and hearts.

May Allah give you strenght in emaan and guide us all.
:)
Reply

cat eyes
10-31-2009, 02:27 PM
judging somebody by its colour its old fashioned and a thing of the past i personally believe to be of darker skin is cool because they are born with the spf implanted in there skin :p us white girls have to go to the chemist and buy the spf cream to stop our faces from going like a tomato ;D i have pakistani friends and they are beautiful especially for there age.

i know of some darker skin girls who have a problem with there skin they believe the reason why they can't find a husband is because they are simply of black origin and they prefer white girls the sad truth of it is that they are right some muslim men are racist and they are not even fully white themselves it is still a problem but i would say its hidden deep in society. they put it down to attraction but its simply ignorance and being shallow i was sitting in a dry cleaners once and a white pregnant woman was chatting with her friend and she was saying that i want my baby to be white hopefully and not to black because everybody will be saying my baby is ugly

i was horrified i take it the womans husband was black. i could not believe it. people just think its not a big thing you know i would say it still is a problem definately :hmm:
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
10-31-2009, 03:57 PM
How did Islam solve the problem of racism?

Racism is one of the severe diseases of human society in this age. When God’s Messenger was raised as a Prophet, one kind of racism, under the name of tribalism, was prevalent in Makka.

The Quraysh considered themselves in particular, and Arabs in general, superior to all the other peoples of the world. God’s Messenger came with the Divine Message and proclaimed that no Arab is superior over a non-Arab, and no white is superior over black [1] and superiority is by righteousness and God-fearing alone (sura al-Hujurat, 49.13). He also declared that even if an Abyssinian black Muslim were to rule over Muslims, he should be obeyed [2].

God’s Messenger eradicated the problem of racial or colour discrimination so successfully that, for example, ‘Umar once said of Bilal: "Bilal is our master, and was emancipated by our master Abu Bakr" [3]. Zayd ibn Haritha was a black slave. God’s Messenger emancipated him and adopted him. He married him to Zaynab bint Jahsh, one of the noblest women of the Muslim community. After all these honors he conferred on him, he also appointed him as a commander over the Muslim army he sent against the Byzantine Empire and which included the leading figures of the Companions such as Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and others [4]. The Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, appointed Zayd’s son, Usama, to command the army he formed just before his passing away.

During his Caliphate, ‘Umar paid a higher salary to Usama than to his own son, ‘Abd Allah, who asked why. ‘Umar answered: "My son, I do so, because I know well that God’s Messenger loved Usama’s father more than yours and Usama himself more than you" [5].

Zayd ibn Haritha commanded an army in which the noblest of the Quraysh, like Ja’far ibn Abu Talib, the cousin of God’s Messenger, and Khalid ibn Walid, the invincible general of the age, were present. The army commanded by Usama, Zayd’s son, included leading figures among the Companions such as Khalid, Abu ‘Ubayda, Talha, Zubayr and others. This established in the hearts and minds that superiority is not by birth or colour or blood, but by God-fearing and righteousness.

1. I. Hanbal, 5.441.

2. Muslim, “ ‘Imara,” 37.

3. I. Hajar, al-Isaba, 1.165.

4. Muslim, “Fada’il al-Sahaba,” 63.

5. Ibn Sa‘d, 4 :70; Ibn Hajar, 1 :564.

Source:http://www.islamanswers.net/moreAbout/racism.htm


Myth: Islam is a religion only for Arabs


The fastest way to prove that this is completely false is to state the fact that only about 15% to 20% of the Muslims in the world are Arabs. There are more Indian Muslims than Arab Muslims, and more Indonesian Muslims than Indian Muslims!

Believing that Islam is only a religion for Arabs is a myth that was spread by the enemies of Islam early in its history. This mistaken assumption is possibly based on the fact that most of the first generation of Muslims were Arabs, the Qur'an is in Arabic and the Prophet Muhammad was an Arab. However, both the teachings of Islam and the history of its spread show that the early Muslims made every effort to spread their message of Truth to all nations, races and peoples.

Furthermore, it should be clarified that not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs. An Arab can be a Muslim, Christian, Jew, atheist - or of any other religion or ideology.

Also, many countries that some people consider to be "Arab" are not "Arab" at all -- such as Turkey and Iran (Persia). The people who live in these countries speak languages other than Arabic as their native tongues and are of a different ethnic heritage than the Arabs. It is important to realize that from the very beginning of the mission of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, his followers came from a wide spectrum of individuals -- there was Bilal, the African slave; Suhaib, the Byzantine Roman; Ibn Sailam, the Jewish Rabbi; and Salman, the Persian.

Since religious truth is eternal and unchanging, and mankind is one universal brotherhood, Islam teaches that Almighty God's revelations to mankind have always been consistent, clear and universal. The Truth of Islam is meant for all people regardless of race, nationality or linguistic background.

Taking a look at the Muslim World, from Nigeria to Bosnia and from Malaysia to Afghanistan is enough to prove that Islam is a Universal message for all of mankind --- not to mention the fact that significant numbers of Europeans and Americans of all races and ethnic backgrounds are coming into Islam.


Heres another good article:

ISLAM'S ANSWER TO THE RACIAL PROBLEM

http://www.islamicinvitationcentre.c...l_Problem.html
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 11:51 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 12:58 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 10:41 AM
  5. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 04:54 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!