/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An extraordinary incident of brotherhood....

- Qatada -
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
:salamext:

An extraordinary incident of brotherhood....

On the day of the battle of Yarmuk, I went out to find my uncle on the battlefield, and I had with me a container of water. I said to myself that he had some life left in him, then I would quench his thirst with the water and wash the dirt from his face. Suddenly, I came across him, and he was going in and out of conciousness. I asked him: "Do you want me to give you some water?" so, he nodded his head. Suddenly, he heard another wounded man in the distance calling out in pain. So, my uncle motioned for me to go tend to him. I went to him and saw that he was Hisham, the brother of 'Amr bin al-'As. I came to him and asked if he wanted me to give him some water, and suddenly, we heard the sound of another man calling out in the distance in pain. So, he motioned for me to go tend to him. I came to him to find that he had already died. So, I went back to tend to Hisham only to find that he had died as well. Then, I went back to tend to my uncle only to find that he, too, had died." So none of them, in their love for others had died without quenching their thirst. Such a proof of sacrifice and brotherhood is unparalleled in human history.

This incident was reported by 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak in 'az-Zuhd' (1/185), Ibn Hajar in 'al-Isabah' (7/34), and also in Ibn al-Mubarak's 'al-Jihad' (1/100) by way of Abu al-Jahm bin Hudhayfah al-'Adawi, by way of 'Umar bin Sa'id. The muhaqqiq of 'al-Jihad' mentions that the chain's narrators are all trustworthy, and Allah Knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
jazakallah bro :)

------
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM

SubhaanAllaah... look at those brothers and look at brothers and sisters nowadays... :heated:

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for the post akhee.

- Qatada -
04-30-2007, 04:23 PM

This was during the time when the sahabah/companions of Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him) were fighting to conquer Al-Shaam [Greater Syria; Palestine, Lebanon, Syria.] I think during the time when Abu Bakr was Khalifah. And Allaah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.:Umniyah:.
05-04-2007, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

SubhaanAllaah... look at those brothers and look at brothers and sisters nowadays... :heated:

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for the post akhee.
Exactly:blind:

Ummu Sufyaan
03-30-2009, 08:11 AM
:sl:
*bump...
awesomeness...

Ar-RaYYan
03-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Subhannallah that is amazing :cry:

kwolney01
04-01-2009, 05:10 AM
SubhanAllah!!! WOW great story so sweet!! :)

nazish
04-06-2009, 04:59 AM
:sl:

Subhan Allah! great story.

:w:

Najm
04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!! That is simply amazing!! Excellent post!

FiAmaaniAllah

Abu Sukkar
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiGd2pk_mX0

Güven
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
SubhanAllah , this is such a good reminder.

Snowflake
05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
SubhanAllah :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.