PDA

View Full Version : Manners Of Sitting Down

chacha_jalebi
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
salaam :D

Diggidy Diggidy Ya Best Check Yaselfs Before Wreck Yaselfs

Islam mashallah is complete, like it tells us how to do everything :shade:

And these are the manners of how we should sit :p

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I saw Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sitting in the compound of the Holy Ka`bah, with the thighs against the stomach and arms around his legs.
[Al-Bukhari]

Qailah bint Makhramah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I saw the Prophet (PBUH) seated with his arms enfolding his legs; and when I saw him in such a state of humble guise I trembled with fear due to the awe (he showed in that posture).
[At-Tirmidhi]

Ash-Sharid bin Suwaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) passed by me when I was sitting with my left hand behind my back and leaning on my palm. On seeing me in this posture he said, "Do you sit like those upon whom the Wrath of Allah has descended?''
[Abu Dawud]

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Do not ask someone to give up his seat in order to take it, but make accommodation wide and sit at ease.'' It was Ibn `Umar's habit that if a person left his seat for him, he would not take it.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

so when our aunties and uncliess stand infront of us and wait for us to get up, we should tell them this hadiths :-[

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If someone leaves his seat (for one reason or another) and returns to it, he is better entitled to it.''
[Muslim]

This is propa common nowadays lol, like in the mosque you might go to put the Quran back on the shelf and when you come back some uncles taken your seat :p, so we shouldn’t do it and we should make others aware in a nice way aswell, like don’t switch just tell them nicely :D

Salman Al-Farisi (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If a man takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself thoroughly, uses oil and perfume which is available in the house, sets forth for the mosque, does not (forcibly) sit between two persons, offers the prayer that is prescribed for him and listens to the Imam silently, his sins between this Friday and the previous Friday will be forgiven.''
[Al-Bukhari]

Amr bin Shu`aib on the authority of his father and grandfather reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "It is not permissible for a person to sit between two people without their permission.''
[At-Tirmidhi]

Again, we might do this when theres not a lot of space somewhere, again we should ask them then sit, and there is a warning for this . . . .

Hudhaifah bin Al-Yaman (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Whosoever takes seat in the midst of an assembly has been cursed by Messenger of Allah (PBUH) The Messenger of Allah curses the one who sits in the middle of people's circle.
[Abu Dawud]

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying "The best assemblies are those in which people make room for one another.''
[Abu Dawud]

hope this is useful

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skhalid
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
hey...cross your legs...have some manners!!!

Pk_#2
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

That was good you know :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If someone leaves his seat (for one reason or another) and returns to it, he is better entitled to it.''
[Muslim]

:D :D :D : D:D :D :D :D :D :D

hehe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-02-2007, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
[Muslim]

:D :D :D : D:D :D :D :D :D :D

hehe
Shame some people will take your seat even when your sitting in it!

Mawaddah
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
^ Tell me about it! I've had some people actually push me over out of my place! Allah Yahdeena wa iyyahum Ameen.

Brother Chacha I loved this post Masha'allah. However i'm wondering now about this hadeeth:

Ash-Sharid bin Suwaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) passed by me when I was sitting with my left hand behind my back and leaning on my palm. On seeing me in this posture he said, "Do you sit like those upon whom the Wrath of Allah has descended?''
Isn't that like when you put your hands behind you and lean back? Does this hadeeth mean prohibition I wonder....

chacha_jalebi
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
^ the romans i.e christians used to sit like that, like its kind of arrogrant and a proud way to sit like your body pushed out, its kind of like your proud, so thats why i think its prohibited and we should differ ourselfs from the kuffar innit, the wrath of Allah (swt) is on the people, i think these people implies the jews and christians, so we shouldnt imitate them or be like them,

and it also depends on your niyyah innit, like you might jus be sitting like that normally without thinkin anythin of it, so im not sure whether its prohibited and Allah hu Alim :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.