/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My mum never prays.

AnonymousPoster
05-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Salams all.

My parents are splitting up, and my dad is a pious kind of person who prays daily namaz. However, my mum hasn't prayed namaz in AGES! She rarely prays Quran. I think there is a very good chance she doesn't know how to do Wudhu.

I am really worried. They're half way through their lives and have hit an all-time low. If she's not practising now, she's not gonna be later in life, when she's old weak and alone.

We've all told her, but she keeps doing other things. (nothing haraam). But I really don't want her to you know.. feel Allah's wrath in the hereafter. I really don't.

Not sure what to do. I can't say anyhing to her, no-one ever listens to me. Any ideas? I could make dua for her? Would it work?

Please reply, really need help at this difficult time.

JazakAllah, remember us in your duaas inshallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 12:18 PM
:salamext:

Make dua' for them - heres a good link on how dua' can actually change ones destiny:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...p-destiny.html

Also, i think there is a wisdom which some scholars have mentioned. [I heard it in Muhammad Al-Shareef's lecture.] They say that if you look at the verses on divorce in the Qur'an (Surah Al-Baqara - 2) You'll see that right in middle of them verses, Allaah says:

Guard strictly your (habit of) prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout (frame of mind). [Qur'an 2: 238]

So the scholars say that when a husband and wife are going through a tough time, they should remember their Salaah since Allaah brings a great deal of good through it for the believers. And a person is likely to forget Allaah at times of divorce, so He reminds us all over again - since all good comes from Allaah and asking Him for it. Sin is what distances one from Allaah, and if someone distances from Allaah - then the good may start distancing from that person also.

Here's a good lecture you can download on marriage, and maybe you could take some notes and give them to your parents, and they could start putting them into practise?

http://www.islamicboard.com/marriage...o-lecture.html

We will also keep you, your family and the ummah in our duas' also. May Allaah make us successful in this life and the next, ameen.

Abdul Fattah
05-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Selam aleykum
Be patient inshaAllah and treat your mother in the bests of ways.
The best thing you can do for her is make dua, and rely on Allah subhana wa ta'ala. And next to that give dawah, and the best dawah is just setting a good example. I know it hurts like hell, I fear hell for both my parents to :cry:

atha
05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Assalam-u-alaikum

Don't stress over this but make sure to sit and talk to your mom inshaAllah and also to that dad. Use the website Fi-Sibilillah gave above to make some notes and talk to them. MAke sure to convey the point that if they split up it will hurt you kids a lot. See, my parents once had this huge fight and were about to go worse and worse. I think my dad was about to say the three words of divorce. That's when my brother jumped in and physically moved him to the other room asking him to calm down. I think that was really good of him. My dad calmed down and later both made up. Kiss and make up :-) Yeah and mashaAllah they are hitting 60s right now and still chilling together, mashaAllah.

Now, make sure to make lots of duas. If even after all your efforts, it doesn't work, then its Allah's plan and you should all be patient about it inshaAllah.

Oh one more thing, your mom not praying and such shouldn't be a problem right. B/c in Islam men can marry women of the Holy Books (did I say this right? you get the point right) So, if your mom isn't a practising muslim, how is that a problem?

Take care now
Assalam-u-Alaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
:wasalamex

The issue of praying is extremely important sister atha ^ so it's really important for her to keep up with her prayers..

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Show your mother verses of the Quran relating to the importance of salah.

Allaah (SWT) says "(The people in Hell will be asked) What has caused you to enter Hell? They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer their Salât (prayers). Nor did we feed the poor. And we used to talk falsehood (all that which Allaah hated) with vain-talkers. And we used to belie thc Day of Recompense. Until there came to us that which is certain (i.e., death). So no Intercession of intercessors will benefit them. (Sura Al-Muddaththir, ayah 42-48)

HBot 5000
05-09-2007, 06:11 PM

I think the only thing you can do is to keep talking to her about the importance of the subject.

:wasalamex

Rafeeq
05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Dear Brother
May Allah give me, you and your mother the path of His wisdom which leads to his heavens.
Try to talk to her as much as possible and let her feel your are her best freind. Let her understand the importance of salat and the relation with Allah. Make her absorb the reality to do so and teach her Wudhu.
Ask forgiveness from Allah for her and for yourself. Insha Allah every thing will be OK.

Ghira
05-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I would say have tiny sessions with her and teach her somethings about Islam here and there. Do not force anything on her just take it easy and talk about the benefits of prayer. Maker her feel like prayer is the most important thing in our lives. She may feel it is to late to pray. Remind her that it is never to late to return to Allah (swt) in forgiveness and perform her daily prayers. With old age I think praying should be more abundant and meaningful. I make dua that that she does her prayers on time and understands the value of making salaat to her Creator.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.