FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 07:35 PM
:sl:

I am deaf person as well..:)

:salamext:
In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz
Kitaab Majmoo' Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi'ah li Samaahat vol. 9, p. 336

Are those who are deaf and mute accountable, and do they have to do the obligatory duties prescribed in sharee'ah?

Praise be to Allâh.

Shaykh 'Abd al-'Azeez ibn 'Abd-Allâh ibn Baaz explained that the child who is deaf and mute, when he reaches the age of puberty, is considered to be accountable and expected to fulfil the obligations of prayer, etc. He added that he may be taught what he needs to know by means of writing or signing, because of the general meaning of the shar'i evidence which indicates that these obligations apply to everyone who reaches the age of puberty and is of sound mind. Puberty is reached at the age of fifteen, or when maniy (discharge) is emitted as a result of feeling desire in a dream ("wet dream") or otherwise, and when coarse hair grows around the private parts. In the case of women, there is a fourth sign of puberty, which is the onset of menstrual periods.

The shaykh called upon the guardian of the one who is deaf or mute to pay zakaah and fulfil other financial obligations on his behalf. He also has to teach him what he does not know by all possible means so that he will understand what Allâh requires of him and what Allâh has forbidden for him.

The shaykh quoted as evidence the words of Allâh (interpretation of the meaning):

"So keep your duty to Allâh and fear Him as much as you can" [al-Taghaabun 64:16]

And the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allâh be upon him): "If I command you to do a thing, then do as much of it as you can."

And the shaykh explained that the accountable person who cannot hear or speak, or who becomes unable to hear or speak, should fear Allâh and keep his duty towards Him as much as he can by doing that which is enjoined upon him and abstaining from that which is haraam. He should try to learn as much of the religion as possible, by watching, writing and signing, so that he may understand what is required.

:wasalamex

Fi amani Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
05-02-2007, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

I am deaf person as well..:)
WoW, didn't know that. :eek: May Allaah make things easy for you Sister. :)

JazakAllaah Khayr for posting this.

Wa alaikum Salaam

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 07:49 PM

Yep, since when I am born..:D

I have been loads of studies of Islamic..Holy Quran and Sunnah

Some of my female scholars who been lots of helpful to me, Alhumdilillah!

:w:

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Maasha Allaah! may Allaah make the path to jannah easy for you and the ummah sister, ameen.

Jazaak Allaah khayr for the fatwa also.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Maasha Allaah! may Allaah make the path to jannah easy for you and the ummah sister, ameen.

Jazaak Allaah khayr for the fatwa also.

Alhumdilillah, yes thanks you for nice comments bro Fi-Sab! Ameen by your dua..:)

Fi Amani Allah

mujahidah..
05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
wow subhanAllah sis, it's amazing people like you in the ummah who are a true inspiration...mashAllah...may Allah help reward you in abundance..inshAllah ameen,
wasalaam, oh n remeber to take care of yourself:)

siFilam
05-02-2007, 08:01 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Masha-Allah sister you didn't let this become an obstacle for you. May Allah shower you with His Mercy and Love and make the Akhirah easy for you. Ameen.

I was listening to the Biography of Imam Bukhari. the Imam was blind when he was young, but look how Allah made his other senses stronger. he was able to memorize so much. May Allah do the same for you too. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Oh thanks brothers and sisters for so warm comments! Thanks so much..:D

Once upon time, the hospital did offered me to operation for my hearing, but I've refused BECAUSE I have love the way of Allah Ta'ala have created me! I love Him so much! :cry:

Fi amani Allah

mujahidah..
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
ooohhh subhanAllah.......you truely are one amazing sis:)
xXx

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahidah..
ooohhh subhanAllah.......you truely are one amazing sis:)
xXx

:) :D

------
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM

Oh thanks brothers and sisters for so warm comments! Thanks so much..:D

Once upon time, the hospital did offered me to operation for my hearing, but I've refused BECAUSE I have love the way of Allah Ta'ala have created me! I love Him so much! :cry:

Fi amani Allah

Sis, Mashaa Allaah, u have got some strong will power! Ur amazing! May Allaah swt make it easy for u sis! X

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Sis, Mashaa Allaah, u have got some strong will power! Ur amazing! May Allaah swt make it easy for u sis! X

Thank you, Sister of Islam! Ameen to your dua! I knew Allah Ta'ala always look after me and of course all of you as well! :D

Fi Amani Allah

Kittygyal
05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
salamualikum.
YOUR HARD, YOUR STRONG, YOUR THE BEST!
IF WE WERE ALL LIKE YOU SUBHNALLAH! :cry:
ma'assalama

vpb
05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Once upon time, the hospital did offered me to operation for my hearing, but I've refused BECAUSE I have love the way of Allah Ta'ala have created me! I love Him so much!
sis, it seems you have acted exactly the same as one of the Sahabas , i can't remember his name, but he was Allah-fearing very much, so he cried a lot, but later he got blind, Allah took his sight, and he was a very pious muslim that Allah would accept all his dua's, and some sahabas asked him "why don't you make dua so Allah can bring back your sight", he said "wallahi the kadar of Allah swt is more loved to me then the sight"...
inshaAllah when i find the exact story, i'll post it.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
YOUR HARD, YOUR STRONG, YOUR THE BEST!
IF WE WERE ALL LIKE YOU SUBHNALLAH! :cry:
ma'assalama

Whoa..nice comment as I have thou!

:thumbs_up thank you sis! When the doctors asked me that..Allah Ta'ala did though my heart to said no to an offers..Alhumdilillah I did it!

Fi Amani Allah

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
sis, it seems you have acted exactly the same as one of the Sahabas , i can't remember his name, but he was Allah-fearing very much, so he cried a lot, but later he got blind, Allah took his sight, and he was a very pious muslim that Allah would accept all his dua's, and some sahabas asked him "why don't you make dua so Allah can bring back your sight", he said "wallahi the kadar of Allah swt is more loved to me then the sight"...
inshaAllah when i find the exact story, i'll post it.

SubhanAllah! Thank for explaining..:)

Take your time to another post, InshAllah when you can!

Fi Amani Allah

Kittygyal
05-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Whoa..nice comment as I have thou!

:thumbs_up thank you sis! When the doctors asked me that..Allah Ta'ala did though my heart to said no to an offers..Alhumdilillah I did it!

Fi Amani Allah
salamualikum.
Becareful though, by the way do you wear earing aids???? or how ever you spell them.
How do you feel being deaf, do you sturggle alot?

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ANSWER IF YOU DON'T WANA, JUST LET ME KNOW IF I AM BEING NOSY INSHALLAH :)
Ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:42 PM
salamualikum.
Becareful though, by the way do you wear earing aids???? or how ever you spell them.
How do you feel being deaf, do you sturggle alot?

YOU DO NOT NEED TO ANSWER IF YOU DON'T WANA, JUST LET ME KNOW IF I AM BEING NOSY INSHALLAH :)
Ma'assalama
Yes, I use wear hearing aids for learning Quranic reciters or nasheeds music, etc whenever I need to hear something I like to! :D

I feel being deaf are bit of struggled when I am little girl...but I've took my time to realised that Allah Ta'ala who created it for me..I don't bothered about it now..Alhumdilillah!

Between deaf and hearing is bit of different because deaf people cannot hear anything but only silence! Hearing people who can hear almost anything!

fi Amani Allah

Kittygyal
05-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes, I use wear hearing aids for learning Quranic reciters or nasheeds music, etc whenever I need to hear something I like to! :D

I feel being deaf are bit of struggled when I am little girl...but I've took my time to realised that Allah Ta'ala who created it for me..I don't bothered about it now..Alhumdilillah!

Between deaf and hearing is bit of different because deaf people cannot hear anything but only silence! Hearing people who can hear almost anything!

fi Amani Allah
salamualikum.
Your one brave dudette, alhamdulillah! be brave sis.
be proud of what you are no matter what others think chin up A.L.W.A.Y.S., never loose hope allah subhwnatallah will cure you inshallah.

atleast you can still eat,dawah,dua'ah, be closser to your lord, etc etc so alhmdulillah be proud ya ukthi :)
it can be hard at times but just don't worry about it theres many people out there even worse than me and you out there
ma'assalama

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
salamualikum.
Your one brave dudette, alhamdulillah! be brave sis.
be proud of what you are no matter what others think chin up A.L.W.A.Y.S., never loose hope allah subhwnatallah will cure you inshallah.

atleast you can still eat,dawah,dua'ah, be closser to your lord, etc etc so alhmdulillah be proud ya ukthi :)
it can be hard at times but just don't worry about it theres many people out there even worse than me and you out there
ma'assalama

Yes that is true, hunny! Only my hearing is disabled thats it..nothing else! :)

Remember hunny! Any problems by signing, you can direct to me, InshAllah whenever you have time!

Fi Amani Allah

Kittygyal
05-02-2007, 08:54 PM

Yes that is true, hunny! Only my hearing is disabled thats it..nothing else! :)

Remember hunny! Any problems by signing, you can direct to me, InshAllah whenever you have time!

Fi Amani Allah

salamualikum.
Okay inshallah no worries, i myself got disability issue but alhmdulillah i gotcha think theres more worse people out there than me
ma'assalam

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 08:56 PM
salamualikum.
Okay inshallah no worries, i myself got disability issue but alhmdulillah i gotcha think theres more worse people out there than me
ma'assalam

Yes that right..so thanks you so much for your so warm comments to me!

Love ya, hunny!

Fi Amani Allah

جوري
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I admire you sister righteous lady... May Allah always make you one of the righteous indeed and Amen to all the du'a
Maybe everyday you can teach us a word in sign language if it doesn't trouble you much?

vpb
05-03-2007, 06:29 AM
when I was in primary school, they brough in our classroom a guy that couldn't hear or speak, and he would teach us how to speak with signs, it was great experience but unfortunately i forgot the signs. :S but I wonder if sign language differs between languages?

Eric H
05-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Greetings and peace be with you RighteousLady;

You have a wonderful outlook on life, and you still love Allah and your faith as well, despite your problems. Often there are people who loose faith when things go wrong and you can be an inspiration to them.

You must keep bringing up your story about your love for God when you come across people whose faith is slipping.

In the spirit of praying to a loving God

Eric

FatimaAsSideqah
05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I admire you sister righteous lady... May Allah always make you one of the righteous indeed and Amen to all the du'a
Maybe everyday you can teach us a word in sign language if it doesn't trouble you much?

Aw thanks you for kind words! Ameen to your dua! Yes I've been made my thread (BSL Signing Language)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-language.html

You can look some of the links as I've been posted..:)

Let you know, learning BSL is not that hard! :statisfie

Fi Amani Allah

FatimaAsSideqah
05-03-2007, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
when I was in primary school, they brough in our classroom a guy that couldn't hear or speak, and he would teach us how to speak with signs, it was great experience but unfortunately i forgot the signs. :S but I wonder if sign language differs between languages?

That is great for you to learned! No problems you won't forget again..

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...-language.html

You can learning again if you want to!

All countries, deaf peoples' signing are different from us..

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/ for American Signing Language...

http://www.auslan.org.au/ for Australian Signing Language...

http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/...n-sl.html..for African Signing Language..

Fi Amani Allah

FatimaAsSideqah
05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you RighteousLady;

You have a wonderful outlook on life, and you still love Allah and your faith as well, despite your problems. Often there are people who loose faith when things go wrong and you can be an inspiration to them.

You must keep bringing up your story about your love for God when you come across people whose faith is slipping.

In the spirit of praying to a loving God

Eric
Greetings Eric.

Yes, that is right! Let you know, I've did made someone to converted to Islam that is deaf person as well! I've told her about all of my life and etc..she did look surprised and dropped her jaw! Then that it snapped!

She went to the Masjid to ask the Imam to helped her to recited Shahadah...she is soo happy! :)

Maybe one day, I would to writing the book about all my life but I don't know..:X

Peace.

------
05-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Wow, Mashaa Allaah sis! May Allaah swt help all of us Muslims and increase our Imaan! Ameen! :)

FatimaAsSideqah
05-03-2007, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Wow, Mashaa Allaah sis! May Allaah swt help all of us Muslims and increase our Imaan! Ameen! :)

Thanks, sister...Ameen to your dua!!:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.