/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bodies of the prophets never go bad?

thirdwatch512
05-03-2007, 05:04 AM
hey you guys,

i have heard MANY times from muslims that the body of a prophet will never descentigrate.. it will always remain pure. is this true? and what are some verses that can back that up?

if it is true, i don't understand why they don't just open the tomb of mohammad and see how his body is!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
siFilam
05-03-2007, 05:29 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:
and greetings

I'm getting the answer to your question. it'll take time since I have to back it up with sources.

format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512

if it is true, i don't understand why they don't just open the tomb of mohammad and see how his body is!!
y would anyone wanna do that? honestly thats just sick.
be back wit ur answer, Insha-Allah
wasalam
-SI-

siFilam
05-03-2007, 05:51 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:
and greetings

Question: I would like to know more about the life of prophets in their graves? Are they alive but in a different reality than we are in?

"In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you for your question. We implore Allah Almighty to increase our knowledge about Islam and to grant us insight to understand its teachings to serve Allah in the best way.
"Undoubtedly, prophets are alive in their graves in a way that is known only to Almighty Allah. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "Allah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets" (Abu Dawud).

Responding to the question, Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and writer, states the following:

Indeed, there are many hadiths that state that the earth doesn't consume the bodies of prophets; they are alive in their graves. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "The best of your days is Friday, so send more blessings upon me on that day, for your blessings will be shown to me." They said, "O Messenger of Allah, how will they be shown to you when you (your body) have disintegrated?" He said, "Allah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the prophets" (Abu Dawud).

Thus, the prophets are dead as far as the people of this world are concerned. Referring to this, Allah Almighty says [Lo! thou wilt die, and lo! they will die] (Az-Zumar 39:30).

However, before Allah the prophets are alive, for if the martyrs are alive with Allah, then the prophets are undoubtedly higher in status before Allah (Fath Al-Bari, 6/444).

Moreover, the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "The prophets are alive in their graves and they pray" (Al-Bazzar). Muslim scholars state that the prayer referred to in the hadith is something that they are blessed with just as the people of Paradise are blessed with tasbih (glorifying Allah).

Based on what is mentioned above, we can conclude that the prophets are alive in their graves in a way known only to Almighty Allah.

They (peace and blessings be upon them all) are alive in their graves, apart from `Isa (Jesus, peace be upon him), whom Allah raised up into heaven, as He says in the Qur'an: [And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger. They slew him not nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain] (An-Nisaa ' 4:157)."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

hope this helps.

About ur question as to y we don't open up his (peace and blessings be upon him) tomb. Would u allow someone to do such a disrespectful thing to a Prophet you believed in? I don't think so.
wasalam
-SI-

vpb
05-03-2007, 06:19 AM
:sl:
also if they would open it, there would be a great danger that the same thing would happen as it happened with Esa(Jesus) a.s , that many people portray his pictures, or make statues of his "look", and worship in front of them or keep them everywhere, kiss them etc... and having a picture or a statue of Muhammad (saws) would be a great danger that could lead to shirk, and we don't want that :) Eudhubillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musalmaan
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
hey you guys,

i have heard MANY times from muslims that the body of a prophet will never descentigrate.. it will always remain pure. is this true? and what are some verses that can back that up?

It is unimaginable and none have power to do so for Almighty Allah is the protector of His beloved.

islamically as well as morally it is inhuman to do with any person's grave.

Mawaddah
05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
:sl:

I heard a story from my mother, who heard it from her grandfather (my great grandfather) about when he went to Hajj.

Well back in the dayyyy according to my great grandfather, things in the Haram weren't like how they are today, people had access to the Prophets grave and all of that. So when my great grandfather went for Hajj (he's Indian so I dont know whether he had made it from India or Malaysia?), he said that whilst he was in the Haram by the Prophets tomb, all of a sudden there was a commotion in the Masjid, and out of no where these massive dogs set upon these guys :uuh:
Later on he said he found out that they had had evil intentions with the Prophets (peace be upon him) grave, and that those dogs were not regular dogs, obviously they were sent by Allah........Allahu A'lam though :confused: this took place more than 80 years ago though, Wallahu A'lam.

But it's true also that the bodies of martyrs do not get consumed by the earth, can someone provide a daleel for that please, I can't seem to find one at the moment.

:w:

thirdwatch512
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
so the bodies of prophets ad martyrs never descintigrate? so like let's say that someone did open the tomb of mohammad.. from a muslim perspective, mohammad should still have a white face, hair, and all of that? so like it wouldn't be just bones?

and also, according to the hadith martyrs don't descinigrate either? so what about all of those in afghanistan who are dying.. why have their bodies, well... blown up!

- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey thirdwatch.

I'm not sure if you believe in him, maybe you do. But if you've heard of Danial? Then i think there are authentic or strong narrations linked back to the time of the companions of God's final Messenger Muhammad, peace be upon him - they saw his body once because somehow it came out of his grave. They placed his body back in his grave though, but it was intact.

I think you can check this thread for more info inshaa Allaah [God willing]:
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...al-daniel.html

Regards.

- Qatada -
05-08-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
If the 'been alive in the grave' to be taken literally? Prophets were humans and the body of humans do not stay intact unless it has been preserved (embalming, frozen etc). If it were to be interpreted metaphorically, it would make sense as we would then be talking about the spirit/soul of a person.

There are many narrations of the Shuhadah [martyrs] bodies being preserved intact as they really were and a beautiful smell of perfume coming from them, this was during the Umayyad Caliphate when there was a whole transformation and bridges etc were being built - so some graves had to be moved etc.

However, the part of being alive may be in a different sense i.e. in regard to the Shuhadah, the companions of Allaah's Messenger asked the same question:

On the authority of Masruq, who said:

We asked Abdullah (i.e. Ibn Masud) about this verse: And do not regard those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead, rather are they alive with their Lord, being provided for (Quran Chapter 3 Verse 169).

He said: We asked about that and the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns. So their Lord cast a glance at them (1) and said: Do you wish for anything? They said: What shall we wish for when we roam freely in Paradise where we please? And thus did He do to them three times. When they say that they would not be spared from being asked [again], they said: O Lord, we would like for You to put back our souls into our bodies so that we might fight for Your sake once again. And when He saw that they were not in need of anything they were let be.

(1) i.e. at those who had been killed in the cause of Allah.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

And Allaah knows best.

strider
05-08-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
There are many narrations of the Shuhadah [martyrs] bodies being preserved intact as they really were and a beautiful smell of perfume coming from them, this was during the Umayyad Caliphate when there was a whole transformation and bridges etc were being built - so some graves had to be moved etc.

However, the part of being alive may be in a different sense i.e. in regard to the Shuhadah, the companions of Allaah's Messenger asked the same question:

On the authority of Masruq, who said:

We asked Abdullah (i.e. Ibn Masud) about this verse: And do not regard those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead, rather are they alive with their Lord, being provided for (Quran Chapter 3 Verse 169).

He said: We asked about that and the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns. So their Lord cast a glance at them (1) and said: Do you wish for anything? They said: What shall we wish for when we roam freely in Paradise where we please? And thus did He do to them three times. When they say that they would not be spared from being asked [again], they said: O Lord, we would like for You to put back our souls into our bodies so that we might fight for Your sake once again. And when He saw that they were not in need of anything they were let be.

(1) i.e. at those who had been killed in the cause of Allah.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

And Allaah knows best.
Thanks for the clarification, brother. :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.