/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ring! Ring! Ring!

E'jaazi
05-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I get really angry and annoyed everytime I hear a cell phone go off in the masjid! Once, we were at jummah and making salah, when someone's cell phone rang! And to add insult to injury, the ringtone was a song! Someone (I don't know if it was the owner of the phone) broke ranks during the salah to turn it off. I don't know if I'll be able to keep silent the next time. It has been spoken about over and over, but still, people seem not to pay attention to this important matter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
05-03-2007, 06:22 AM
I think that is crazy! Cell phones shouldn't ring and people should want to give sadaqa!

vpb
05-03-2007, 06:25 AM
lol, a muezzin in one of the mosques in my hometown, before starting the salat , just right before giving the tekbir, he used to take the phone out in front of people and turn it off, so when people would see him, they would also turn it off. he would remind them indirectly .lol

siFilam
05-03-2007, 06:31 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

our Imam was talking about that one day. He said that there was a brother who actually answered his phone while praying. He picked up the phone and said ""Akhi I'm in Salah".
and he was talking about how people respect and follow the rules of government buildings more than the Masjid. some of the gov't buildings its not allowed to bring cell phone or u have to turn it off. so Imam said that people respect INS (US immigration and naturalization service) office or the court more than the Masjid.

wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
05-03-2007, 06:38 AM
lol , this story is off-topic, but i just want to show how people act,

there was a man that entered the masjid and as he was walking he tried to pass in front of someone who was praying, and the person who was praying was in ettehijat, so he put the hand forward trying to stop the person from passing, and the man shook his hand "ohh salam walaikum" cuz he thought he was giving his hand to say salam to him lol.

E'jaazi
05-03-2007, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Yeah bro, I agree. It's actually quite ridiculous they make them pay sadaqah.

About the phone ringing, you've got to realise though that people have different levels of taqwa, a person with high taqwa will pay more attention to his salah as opposed to one with low. Since that guy with low taqwa doesn't pay as much concentration as is due to his salah, he will not always remember to switch off his phone.

I'd advise against acting in anger with such people, use the manners and wisdom employed by our prophet Muhammad SAW when he encountered something difficult. Also remember the hadith about how a child climbed onto the back of the prophet while he was in sajdah, but instead of admonishing the child for disturbing his salah, he SAW kept his head down so that the child could play longer. :)
I know that you are right, but it's just that it happens too many times. And to hear it go off with music on it during the salah is what got me so upset. One Imam even said that we shouldn't have it on vibrate because even then your kashu would be broken.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.