/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Grand opening!

Asyur an-Nagi
05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
NOW OPEN: LI DENTAL CLINIC FOR LI USERS

free consultation :D

just post your Q around dental health, and Insya Allah i will do my best to answer it. and again...it is free:D

have a beneficial visit!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-04-2007, 01:55 AM
lol...

can i ask about babies too?

Asyur an-Nagi
05-04-2007, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
lol...

yes! sure. they belong to my pediatric dentistry section:D

vpb
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

NOW OPEN: LI DENTAL CLINIC FOR LI USERS

free consultation

just post your Q around dental health, and Insya Allah i will do my best to answer it. and again...it is free

have a beneficial visit!
can i ask about computers too? :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Wonderful --don't mind if I take advantage
What is the best method for teeth whitening at home? how is different from what you do in the clinic? Does it weaken your enamel? Some of the whitening toothpastes are very abrasive... what is a good substitute for a dazzling smile?
What is a good long lasting toothpaste that kills gingivitis and bad breath in Ramadan... I don't know if you can answer this last one but are we allowed to brush during the day in Ramadan? I do brush nearly 9x a day under any circumstance since I am so paranoid about eating without brushing.. hard to kick that habit in Ramadan... I carry a toothbrush everywhere-- speaking of --which sort of toothbrush do you recommend? Does it make a difference if you buy the $100 from the $6 ones?

Thanks Dr:Asyur an-Nagi -- we are much obliged

snakelegs
05-04-2007, 11:33 PM
nice service doc!
unfortunately, my teeth are in the process of gradually running away from home. i didn't take good care of them when i was young. take heed, y'all!

Asyur an-Nagi
05-05-2007, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Wonderful --don't mind if I take advantage
What is the best method for teeth whitening at home? how is different from what you do in the clinic? Does it weaken your enamel? Some of the whitening toothpastes are very abrasive... what is a good substitute for a dazzling smile?
What is a good long lasting toothpaste that kills gingivitis and bad breath in Ramadan... I don't know if you can answer this last one but are we allowed to brush during the day in Ramadan? I do brush nearly 9x a day under any circumstance since I am so paranoid about eating without brushing.. hard to kick that habit in Ramadan... I carry a toothbrush everywhere-- speaking of --which sort of toothbrush do you recommend? Does it make a difference if you buy the $100 from the $6 ones?

Thanks Dr:Asyur an-Nagi -- we are much obliged
1. there is no good in teeth whitening agents if you do it in daily and home basis. we always call it 'professional dental bleaching', so referring to the term, only dentists and oral hygienist can do it. the agents contain phosphoric, orthophosphoric, or formic acid. it will dissolve your enamel.

2. choose any non abrasive and non detergenated dentifrices

3.try sulcular brushing method (i will tell you all later)

4. use mouthwash instead for Ramadan. they have volatile oil compounds to kill the germs and bad breath.

5.cheap toothbrush has everything that the top brands have. trust me. they are fooling us (that is why i never get along with the toothbrush manufacturer marketing nonsenses). as long as it is soft enough with tapering head, bag it home:)

all the best:thumbs_up

Asyur an-Nagi
05-05-2007, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

can i ask about computers too? :p
computers???? unless your computer is equipped with tongue and gum:D

Asyur an-Nagi
05-05-2007, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
nice service doc!
unfortunately, my teeth are in the process of gradually running away from home. i didn't take good care of them when i was young. take heed, y'all!
peace, snake!

what is going on with your teeth? u can share :D

vpb
05-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Asyur an-Nagi, to be honest sometimes dentists are annoying :p, everytime i go to my sister she will be like "let me check your teeth" trying to open mouth as much as possible, blahhh.. and it hurts though...lol

Snowflake
05-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Do enamel-building tooth pastes really work?

Thank you for free consultation doc. :D

جوري
05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
1. there is no good in teeth whitening agents if you do it in daily and home basis. we always call it 'professional dental bleaching', so referring to the term, only dentists and oral hygienist can do it. the agents contain phosphoric, orthophosphoric, or formic acid. it will dissolve your enamel.

2. choose any non abrasive and non detergenated dentifrices

3.try sulcular brushing method (i will tell you all later)

4. use mouthwash instead for Ramadan. they have volatile oil compounds to kill the germs and bad breath.

5.cheap toothbrush has everything that the top brands have. trust me. they are fooling us (that is why i never get along with the toothbrush manufacturer marketing nonsenses). as long as it is soft enough with tapering head, bag it home:)

all the best:thumbs_up
Brilliant thanks... I have been wasting monies on the latest toothbrushes :-[ ...
What about light therapy for teeth? how is that different from professional dental bleaching and is it as effective?
Tell me what mouth wash do you recommend... I used Tom's of Maine

on the account it is alcohol free... anything better? also are natural bristles better than synthetic ones or does it also make no difference?
Thanks doc--

P.S people go easy on the doc-- desists have the highest suicide rate.. no reason to let them know how much they are not liked :X

noodles
05-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Hah you're the one to say 'go easy' when you're firing questions at him at light speed :p

And yeah, I used to use listerine, until I "accidently" checked the ingredients and found it contains Alcohol... It still sits in the bottom cupboard untouched by any organism, except for rats and cockroaches.

I haven't been able to find any Alcohol free mouthwashes. So I just resort to brushing my teeth often.

جوري
05-05-2007, 04:51 PM
.. guilty as chaaaaarggggggged..

I find it scary that you have rats and cockroaches who have a sense of good oral hygiene...
Anyhow the Tom's of Maine I posted above is alcohol free and is actually Halal
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/toms/certifications.asp

Halal is an Arabic word meaning lawful or permitted. Since 2006, all of our products have carried the Halal endorsement, which certifies that they are made in accordance with Islamic guidelines under the supervision of the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA).

Listen to a Maine Public Broadcasting Network interview with Tom Chappell about the Halal certification

syilla
05-06-2007, 10:21 AM
:sl:

you should try this...sis purest. Babies above one year old also can use it.

Fara-B
Made by muslim.

The thing that i realised is that...most muslim's mouth washes are expensive...maybe because of the quality ingredients. i guess...
InshaAllah...one day it'll be much cheaper.

Actually...my son's teeth has been taken out since he was two. :D :D.
Don't blame me...please...well...you can blame me now...but my son's teeth are so much better now...and no more caries!
Due to his age...his has gone trough GA for the treatment. It is quite a traumatic experience for me...well...Alhamdullillah...my son not. He loves to go to the dentist...especially when he is getting his balloon's hand.

The thing that puzzling me was...how he got it? I'am quite particular of his oral hygiene. and of course...no no sweets for him. Is it because of breast feeding...coz when i browse the internet...it does mentioned one of the reason was breast feeding...while sleeping ('added') :D. The milk got accumulated while sleeping...and not advisable to do it.

I just realised he has this very tiny hole (needle hole size) on one of his teeth, and i did bring him to see the dentist. Unfortunately, I have to bring him to the nearest dentist which didn't have the utensils to do small holes :D. His pediatrician dentist is quite far away...and i have to make an appointment first before bringing him to see the dentist. What should i do? His hole is not yet being treated.:blind:

جوري
05-06-2007, 04:05 PM
sHOKRAN UKHTY... where is this product? here in the states?..
whereas I am not a dentist might I suggest that you purchase baby toothpaste for your young one -- it has simethicone so even if he swallows it, it wouldn't matter (would get rid of his gas) :D ... that is what is meant to happen....

comes with a tiny finger toothbrush it is just amazing l--so cute... MAy Allah bless you and your family
Amen
:w:

syilla
05-07-2007, 12:53 AM
sHOKRAN UKHTY... where is this product? here in the states?..
whereas I am not a dentist might I suggest that you purchase baby toothpaste for your young one -- it has simethicone so even if he swallows it, it wouldn't matter (would get rid of his gas) :D ... that is what is meant to happen....

comes with a tiny finger toothbrush it is just amazing l--so cute... MAy Allah bless you and your family
Amen

lol...hehe thanks. InshaAllah i'll use it for my next baby :statisfie

about the product....why don't you send email to the manufacturer website. maybe you can buy it online. InshaAllah.

Asyur an-Nagi
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
Asyur an-Nagi, to be honest sometimes dentists are annoying :p, everytime i go to my sister she will be like "let me check your teeth" trying to open mouth as much as possible, blahhh.. and it hurts though...lol
to dentist, lawyers and accountants are more annoying:D

nah...it is just perception:) i am here to make the difference:thumbs_up

Asyur an-Nagi
05-09-2007, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Do enamel-building tooth pastes really work?

Thank you for free consultation doc. :D
any toothpaste with fluoride and calcium will do.

the acid that formed as a bacterial metabolism end product would react with the hydroxyl from our enamel, and will make the core of our tooth structure weaker. the fluor will enter the empty core and serve as a way better filler.

Asyur an-Nagi
05-09-2007, 08:14 AM

you should try this...sis purest. Babies above one year old also can use it.

Fara-B
Made by muslim.

The thing that i realised is that...most muslim's mouth washes are expensive...maybe because of the quality ingredients. i guess...
InshaAllah...one day it'll be much cheaper.

Actually...my son's teeth has been taken out since he was two. :D :D.
Don't blame me...please...well...you can blame me now...but my son's teeth are so much better now...and no more caries!
Due to his age...his has gone trough GA for the treatment. It is quite a traumatic experience for me...well...Alhamdullillah...my son not. He loves to go to the dentist...especially when he is getting his balloon's hand.

The thing that puzzling me was...how he got it? I'am quite particular of his oral hygiene. and of course...no no sweets for him. Is it because of breast feeding...coz when i browse the internet...it does mentioned one of the reason was breast feeding...while sleeping ('added') :D. The milk got accumulated while sleeping...and not advisable to do it.

I just realized he has this very tiny hole (needle hole size) on one of his teeth, and i did bring him to see the dentist. Unfortunately, I have to bring him to the nearest dentist which didn't have the utensils to do small holes :D. His pediatrician dentist is quite far away...and i have to make an appointment first before bringing him to see the dentist. What should i do? His hole is not yet being treated.:blind:
breastfeeding resulted in less caries incidence compared to the nursing bottle. it is dangerous to bottle-nurse the baby to sleep. it will resulted in nursing bottle caries which is definitely hard to treat. clean the baby tongue with soft and sterile gauze from any debris left before he fells asleep.

and a pinpoint carious lesion should be treated promptly, since it is just a tip of an iceberg. you only see the hole from enamel standpoint, but the underlying lesion should be bigger (sometimes twice or 3x bigger than the enamel lesion).

and yes, a small sized diamond burs/ drills can make the difference in preparing the cavity before we restore the tooth.

all the best:)

Asyur an-Nagi
05-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Brilliant thanks... I have been wasting monies on the latest toothbrushes :-[ ...
What about light therapy for teeth? how is that different from professional dental bleaching and is it as effective?
Tell me what mouth wash do you recommend... I used Tom's of Maine

on the account it is alcohol free... anything better? also are natural bristles better than synthetic ones or does it also make no difference?
Thanks doc--

P.S people go easy on the doc-- desists have the highest suicide rate.. no reason to let them know how much they are not liked :X
i never do any light therapy. professional dental bleaching is better since the dentist know how deep is the acid penetration and the thickness of your enamel.

using a mouthwash can be significantly reduce pathogenic oral microfloras. use any with no alcohol.

suicide rate amongst dentist:exhausted nah....we have the least tendency in fact :D

Ghira
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Why do some mouth wash products make your mouth burn and some do not? Does that have anything to do with how effective it is?

Why did my dentist recommend taking out my tooth all the way at end of mouth? I guess it is the wisdom tooth. He said it may cause problems in the future and it is best to take them out now. I took out one out only.

Is there any products you recommend to whiten teeth? Or just keep brushing, flossing, and mouth wash.

AmarFaisal
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Assalamoalaikum Dentist Asyur an-Nagi,

When is it the right age to actually have ur child brush his/her teeth twice daily. Mine is 2 yr 2 months n I am too lazy to get her teeth brushed daily. I just give her brush in the shower n I think she eats the paste and brushes the tub.:)

I even realised her front teeth have a white coating line on the top(near the gum). Just to see if they were dirty, I scratched her teeth but they weren't dirty. It's a mark on her front teeth, why does she have those white marks? Is she going to have bad teeth if I don't pay attention NOW on brushing her teeth properly?

Lastly, do u recommend braces for children. My daughter already has a gap in her front two teeth and I am sure she got it from her mother and it is going to be there even after she has new teeth. What age should a child be put on braces? I remmeber a doctor telling my mother that don't use braces on ur child until she feels she wants to change her teeth.

I went for braces once to get my gap over (which many ppl think shouldn't be removed). The dentist found a tiny hole in one of my back tooth. She said I had to treat it first. And guess what, that tooth of mine is no more. They treated it soo much,, n scratched it , n made it sooo tiny ..just to treat a tiny hole, that what was left behind wasn't a tooth anymore. Why do dentist root canal and destroy ur tooth soo much. Can't root canal be done with minimum destruction to one's tooth??

S_87
05-09-2007, 02:26 PM

if youre too much of a wimp to have a tooth pulled out awake is it ok to have it taken out under anaesthetic? are there any cons regarding this?

Kittygyal
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Salamualikum.
Why do 'some' nephews have smelly breathe ;D :X mention no names

Anywho for real, what can a person do when tooth taken out blooood everywhere and erm in pain?

DO NOT SAY FLEX AND BITE ON SOME COTTON AND RINSE MOUTH OUT WITH SALT AND ERM TAKE MEDICATION BECAUSE EWWWW THATS MINGIN

ma'assalama

جوري
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
i never do any light therapy. professional dental bleaching is better since the dentist know how deep is the acid penetration and the thickness of your enamel.

using a mouthwash can be significantly reduce pathogenic oral microfloras. use any with no alcohol.

suicide rate amongst dentist:exhausted nah....we have the least tendency in fact :D
thanks for the tips =)
You must not be living in the states? they have the highest rate of suicide here lol :D

جوري
05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
lol...hehe thanks. InshaAllah i'll use it for my next baby :statisfie

about the product....why don't you send email to the manufacturer website. maybe you can buy it online. InshaAllah.
cool ukhty.. I shall insh'Allah =)

- Qatada -
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
:salamext:

Effect of medicines and medical treatments on fasting

Question:

Is there any consensus amongst Muslim scholars as to which medicinal preperations are permitted whilst fasting. More specifically are: a)tablets/syrups b)inhalers for asthma c)suppositories and d)intravenous forms of treatment allowed.

The question of inhalers for asthma is very pertinent to us in the UK, as some 20% of young people now suffer from asthma.
I would appreciate a detailed response with reference to any conference proceedings etc if possible

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There follows a list of a number of things used in the medical field, explaining what does and does not break the fast. This is a summary of shar’i research presented to the Islamic Fiqh Council during its regular meetings:

I – The following things do not have any effect on the fast:

1. Eye drops, ear drops, ear syringing, nose drops and nasal sprays – so long as one avoids swallowing any material that may reach the throat.
  2. Tablets or lozenges that are placed beneath the tongue for the treatment of angina pectoris etc., so long as one avoids swallowing any material that reaches the throat.
  3. Vaginal pessaries, douching, use of a speculum, or internal digital examination.
  4. Introduction of a scope or coil (IUD), etc., into the uterus.
  5. Introduction of a scope or catheter into the urethra (male of female), or injection of dyes for diagnostic imaging, or of medication, or cleaning of the bladder.
  6. Drilling of teeth (prior to filling), extraction or polishing of teeth, using a miswaak or toothbrush, so long as one avoids swallowing any material that reaches the throat.
  7. Rinsing, gargling or applying topical treatment in the mouth, so long as one avoids swallowing any material that reaches the throat.
  8. Injections, whether subcutaneous, intra-muscular or intra-venous – with the exception of those used for purposes of nutrition.
  9. Oxygen.
  10. Anaesthetics, so long as they do not supply nutrition to the patient.
  11. Medicines absorbed through the skin, such as creams, lotions and patches used to administer medication through the skin.
  12. Introduction of a catheter into the veins in order to examine or treat the vessels of the heart or other organs.
  13. Laparoscopy for the purpose of diagnosis or surgical treatment of the abdominal organs.
  14. Biopsies of the liver and other organs, so long as this is not accompanied by the administration of nutrients.
  15. Gastroscopy, so long as this is not accompanied by the administration of nutrients.
  16. Introduction of medicine or instruments into the brain or spinal cord.
  17. Involuntary vomiting (as opposed to self-induced vomiting).
II – The Muslim doctor should advise his patient to postpone the above-described treatments and procedures until after he has broken his fast, if it is safe to do so and will not cause any harm (even if these procedures will not have any effect on his fast).

Majma’ al-Fiqh al-Islami (Islamic Fiqh Council), p. 213.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2299&ln=eng&txt=

- Qatada -
05-09-2007, 05:46 PM

i just posted that for purposes related to the thread, i hope you don't mind brother asyur :)

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Why do some mouth wash products make your mouth burn and some do not? Does that have anything to do with how effective it is?

Why did my dentist recommend taking out my tooth all the way at end of mouth? I guess it is the wisdom tooth. He said it may cause problems in the future and it is best to take them out now. I took out one out only.

Is there any products you recommend to whiten teeth? Or just keep brushing, flossing, and mouth wash.
they contain essential oil such as peppermint (oleum menta piperitae) and others volatile oil. they has an antiinflammation purpose and antibacterial activity. it will affect its' effectivity to some certain degree.

i usually ask the patient to extract their wisdom tooth ONLY if:
1. they are mesially inclined or tipped with no tendency to erupt properly
2. they exhibit some periodontal or carious lesion

the longer we delay the intervention, the more extensive surgery we have to do:)

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
Assalamoalaikum Dentist Asyur an-Nagi,

When is it the right age to actually have ur child brush his/her teeth twice daily. Mine is 2 yr 2 months n I am too lazy to get her teeth brushed daily. I just give her brush in the shower n I think she eats the paste and brushes the tub.:)

I even realised her front teeth have a white coating line on the top(near the gum). Just to see if they were dirty, I scratched her teeth but they weren't dirty. It's a mark on her front teeth, why does she have those white marks? Is she going to have bad teeth if I don't pay attention NOW on brushing her teeth properly?

Lastly, do u recommend braces for children. My daughter already has a gap in her front two teeth and I am sure she got it from her mother and it is going to be there even after she has new teeth. What age should a child be put on braces? I remmeber a doctor telling my mother that don't use braces on ur child until she feels she wants to change her teeth.

I went for braces once to get my gap over (which many ppl think shouldn't be removed). The dentist found a tiny hole in one of my back tooth. She said I had to treat it first. And guess what, that tooth of mine is no more. They treated it soo much,, n scratched it , n made it sooo tiny ..just to treat a tiny hole, that what was left behind wasn't a tooth anymore. Why do dentist root canal and destroy ur tooth soo much. Can't root canal be done with minimum destruction to one's tooth??
the white stains are pre-carious lesions. they are demineralized dentin. and within six month with no intervention, they will be some caries lesions.

the gap in children's anterior teeth is being called as 'ugly duckling stage' due to the growth and development of their maxillofacial and skeletal structure. it is 97% normal:) no need to do anything now. it will drive the growth in unnatural course

the tiny lesion, is just from enamel standpoint. under that, the cavity should be so much bigger. we call it undermining cavity. we have to remove all the demineralized enamel and dentin so it can support the restoration

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

if youre too much of a wimp to have a tooth pulled out awake is it ok to have it taken out under anaesthetic? are there any cons regarding this?
it is okay for a such patient.but general anesthesia requires chess radiograph and the anesthetic agent itself has some deleterious properties toward your systemic health. i agree to perform teeth extraction under general anesthesia ONLY in multiple extractions or mentally retarded patient. but some other dentist think that it is just fine:)

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Why do 'some' nephews have smelly breathe ;D :X mention no names

Anywho for real, what can a person do when tooth taken out blooood everywhere and erm in pain?

DO NOT SAY FLEX AND BITE ON SOME COTTON AND RINSE MOUTH OUT WITH SALT AND ERM TAKE MEDICATION BECAUSE EWWWW THATS MINGIN

ma'assalama
bad breath= halitosis. the causing factor can be sxternally (smelly foods, smoking) or internal (plaque retention, gingivitis, calculus, or internal organs disorder). to eliminate halitosis, we have to know the primary causing factor

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

i just posted that for purposes related to the thread, i hope you don't mind brother asyur :)
brilliant:) thanks brother, for sharing:thumbs_up
feel free to post

AmarFaisal
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Assalamoalaikum,

What r these "caries lesions"? do they cause tooth decay? is it going to be harmful for my daughter's teeth?

Thank u

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
Assalamoalaikum,

What r these "caries lesions"? do they cause tooth decay? is it going to be harmful for my daughter's teeth?

Thank u

yes. it is a decaying tooth:thumbs_up

it is a basic of any disease in our mouth.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD :D

assalamu alaikuM!

would it do to just use miswaak without toothbrush+toothpaste :X ?

Asyur an-Nagi
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I LOVE THIS THREAD :D

assalamu alaikuM!

would it do to just use miswaak without toothbrush+toothpaste :X ?
waalaikumsalam...

i am so amazed that finally someone DO love this thread:D

i would say yes, eventhough it is better if we can perform our oral care with toothpaste. but miswaak is very practical and i have been incorporated it in my lifestyle:thumbs_up

Ghira
05-10-2007, 07:50 PM

I appreciate your sevice Brother. Last question for me :D

I really like drinking coke and I don't think I will ever stop. My question is what effect does coke/soda have on gums and teeth? Would it help my teeth if I use a straw when drinking coke or drinks that have high fructose corn syrup with carbonated water?

JazakAllahu khaira for answering my previous question.

Asyur an-Nagi
05-11-2007, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira

I appreciate your sevice Brother. Last question for me :D

I really like drinking coke and I don't think I will ever stop. My question is what effect does coke/soda have on gums and teeth? Would it help my teeth if I use a straw when drinking coke or drinks that have high fructose corn syrup with carbonated water?

JazakAllahu khaira for answering my previous question.
coke or soda have a high acidity (you should know from the aftertaste). we did a research on coke, by immersing human teeth on coke 2 times a day for a week. obviously thre was no caries lesion (caries can only happen on living/ vital tooth structure with the presence of oral microbiota), but the teeth exhibited severe erosions.

avoid sweet carbonated drink as much as possible.

thanks for asking:) (i love it when people are flowing in to my clinic for services, :D )

syilla
05-11-2007, 08:02 AM

When (the condition of the patient's teeth) do you propose putting 'crown'?

Asyur an-Nagi
05-11-2007, 11:00 AM

When (the condition of the patient's teeth) do you propose putting 'crown'?
when the tooth is unrestorable due to an extensive carious lesion, chipped, or fractured and can no longer support amalgam, cement, or composite resin restoration.

skhalid
05-11-2007, 11:05 AM
lol ma widom tooth is growing...does that mean i'm more wiser than other people who aren't in the same situation at the moment?

syilla
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Why i don't have enough teeth like the normal adult do? :-[

Asyur an-Nagi
05-12-2007, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
lol ma widom tooth is growing...does that mean i'm more wiser than other people who aren't in the same situation at the moment?
should be:D

Asyur an-Nagi
05-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Why i don't have enough teeth like the normal adult do? :-[
really? how many is yours?

H4RUN
05-13-2007, 09:35 PM
:p are some toothbrush bristles made out of pig hair or something along that line?

Also also also, can i just substitute a miswaak for toothpaste n brush permanently?:p Or best bet to use both....every 5mins lol

:w: doc

Asyur an-Nagi
05-14-2007, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
:p are some toothbrush bristles made out of pig hair or something along that line?

Also also also, can i just substitute a miswaak for toothpaste n brush permanently?:p Or best bet to use both....every 5mins lol

:w: doc
yes. when i was in a non muslim country i was 'face-to-face' with bristles that made of boar's hair.

sure you can. but change your miswak wand regularly.

using both for every 5 minutes? we dentist don't even brush that often:D

syilla
05-14-2007, 06:07 AM
really? how many is yours?

I don't have two of those pink colour tooth.

And i have only four molars...for each side left and righ, up and down.

:-[

Anyway...alhamdullillah...due to my small jaw...people don't realise it :D

i found this :rollseyes

In dentistry, hypodontia is the condition of naturally having fewer than the regular number of teeth. In Caucasians, the most commonly missing teeth are the wisdom teeth (25-35%), the upper lateral incisors (2%) or the lower second premolars (3%) The congenital absence of all teeth is called anodontia. Hypodontia is often familial, or associated with ectodermal dysplasia or Down syndrome. A similar condition is hyperdontia, in which there are more than the usual number of teeth. Hypodontia explains a situation when there is a missing number of 6 teeth or less. The condition of missing over 6 teeth is called oligodontia.
i have to find out what does ectodermal dysplasia means...don't worry docs..i'm not trying to diagnose myself :omg:

Asyur an-Nagi
05-14-2007, 09:40 AM

I don't have two of those pink colour tooth.

And i have only four molars...for each side left and righ, up and down.

:-[

Anyway...alhamdullillah...due to my small jaw...people don't realise it :D

i found this :rollseyes

i have to find out what does ectodermal dysplasia means...don't worry docs..i'm not trying to diagnose myself :omg:
yes. you are right. it is a hypodontia. but it can also caused by a congenital trauma toward your jaw. but that is okay since i assume no one notice. me myself don't have lower wisdom teeth:-[

H4RUN
05-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Is it possible to grind your teeth to such an extent that you change the shape? i want dracula ones:p

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Is it possible to grind your teeth to such an extent that you change the shape? i want dracula ones:p

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah said: “Allaah has cursed the women who do tattoos and those who ask for tattoos to be done, those who ask for their eyebrows to be plucked, and the women ask for their teeth to be filed for the purpose of beautification, changing the creation of Allaah.”

A woman from the tribe of Bani Asad whose name was Umm Ya’qoob heard of that and she came and said, “I have heard that you have cursed So and so and So and so.” He said, “Why should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed and who are mentioned in the Book of Allaah?’ She said, “I have read what is between the two covers [of the Qur’aan], and I did not find anything in it like what you have said.” He said, “If you have read it, have you not read that Allaah says,

‘And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)’

[al-Hashr 59:7]?”
She said, “Of course.” He said, “He forbade that.” She said, “I think your wife does it.” He said, “Go and look.” So she went and looked and she did not see what she was looking for. He said, “If she had been like that, she would not be with us.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4604; Muslim, 2125

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21119&ln=eng&txt=

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...glist=0&ln=eng

I don't know if it applies to your situation, but just incase - let's leave it inshaa Allaah. :)

H4RUN
05-14-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah said: “Allaah has cursed the women who do tattoos and those who ask for tattoos to be done, those who ask for their eyebrows to be plucked, and the women ask for their teeth to be filed for the purpose of beautification, changing the creation of Allaah.”

A woman from the tribe of Bani Asad whose name was Umm Ya’qoob heard of that and she came and said, “I have heard that you have cursed So and so and So and so.” He said, “Why should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed and who are mentioned in the Book of Allaah?’ She said, “I have read what is between the two covers [of the Qur’aan], and I did not find anything in it like what you have said.” He said, “If you have read it, have you not read that Allaah says,

‘And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)’

[al-Hashr 59:7]?”
She said, “Of course.” He said, “He forbade that.” She said, “I think your wife does it.” He said, “Go and look.” So she went and looked and she did not see what she was looking for. He said, “If she had been like that, she would not be with us.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4604; Muslim, 2125

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21119&ln=eng&txt=

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...glist=0&ln=eng

I don't know if it applies to your situation, but just incase - let's leave it inshaa Allaah. :)

aye aye bruv, i didnt mention anything about filling my teeth for beautifaction or what not lol....T'was just a general question regarding the eroding of ones teeth due to some extreme circumstances:D

Muezzin
05-14-2007, 07:40 PM
How long does it take for the wisdom teeth to grow fully? For the past few years every time I've gone for a check-up the dentist has gone through his cursory examination of all my teeth (which are always fine) but has always said that what I deduce to be my wisdom teeth are 'partially erupted'. I'm 21. I'm just curious as to how long it will take my wisdom teeth to fully... erupt.

Asyur an-Nagi
05-15-2007, 12:03 PM
yes.i have a friend who did that toward his canine and lateral incisors when he was a dental student. he was so scary:skeleton:

Mawaddah
05-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Why is it that my wisdom teeth always seem to make a start at growing and then........stop?

Sometimes I get these terrible terrible gum-aches at the back where they're supposed to grow, and it goes on for a few days but then nothing happens.Someone told me I might need to cut the gum to help them grow! :ooh:

Tell me that's not true :skeleton:

Asyur an-Nagi
05-21-2007, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

Why is it that my wisdom teeth always seem to make a start at growing and then........stop?

Sometimes I get these terrible terrible gum-aches at the back where they're supposed to grow, and it goes on for a few days but then nothing happens.Someone told me I might need to cut the gum to help them grow! :ooh:

Tell me that's not true :skeleton:
it is growing. but impacted. the underlying gum can be susceptible toward an operculitis (gingival inflammation).

i hate to say this. but the options are the wisdom tooth extraction, or doing an excision toward the gum (the later has a low success rate).

Asyur an-Nagi
05-21-2007, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
How long does it take for the wisdom teeth to grow fully? For the past few years every time I've gone for a check-up the dentist has gone through his cursory examination of all my teeth (which are always fine) but has always said that what I deduce to be my wisdom teeth are 'partially erupted'. I'm 21. I'm just curious as to how long it will take my wisdom teeth to fully... erupt.
sometimes it will be fully formed when you are 28-32. as long as it is not impacted, there is no problem:thumbs_up

Asyur an-Nagi
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM

syilla
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
May Allah reward you for the free consultation you gave it to me.

:cry: :cry:

Ya Allah semoga dia termasuk di antara golongan yang beriman.

Al-fatihah.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Ameen, may Allah grant the bro jannatul firdaus..

pramudito
07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
aaaahhh...finally for the first time in my life i am your patient, bro:)

i can see you have provided excellent service. you are such an inspiration.
so it is miswa, the thing that you chew and gnaw all the time, huh?
i will get one for myself. so if we see each other someday i could give you a BIG grin, hahaha.

miss you, richie...umm,no...miss you asyur:)

ummAbdillah
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
May Allah rest his soul in peace, this thread was a great help to all memebers!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Ameen... man, i wonda how the janazah's gnna b....

- Qatada -
07-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Tonight in the last third of the night, let's all pray to Allaah to have mercy on him and our muslim brothers and sisters, and to grant him and us all paradise, so we can meet him also. ameen..

seriously, i only spoke to him about once.. and i miss him. totally shows that death can happen at anytime, when you least expect it.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2007, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

seriously, i only spoke to him about once.. and i miss him. totally shows that death can happen at anytime, when you least expect it.
ye bro same here... only messaged each other thru posts but, i liked him a lot coz he seemed propa happy lol,one o those cheerful bros ..

Salaam
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
who died???

Salaam
07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
n e 1 know who died?

ummAbdillah
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
The brother that started this thread! May Allah grant him Jannah. Read the thread in the Intro section called 'I am looking for my brother'.
ma salaam

جوري
07-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Allah yerhamo and receive him in heavens high mead Ameen..
I just feel so sad, I am not taking this well at all.. what a loss.. la 7wla wla qiwta ila billah... what a great loss this is...=(

syilla
07-13-2007, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
who died???
The thread opener died last monday. :cry:

north_malaysian
07-13-2007, 03:04 AM
................imsadimsadimsad

H4RUN
07-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Ameen to the previous, May Allah swt grant him a place in jannah, inshaAllah, and make it easy for him in the grave, ameen!

Just goes to show, one minute we are hear, the next might not even come...Make use of this time my ummah...

syilla
02-01-2010, 04:39 AM
May Allah grant you jannah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.