/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents?are We Doing Enough?

Aziaf
05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Bismillah Hirahman NirRahimh

ASALAMUALAIKUM WARAHMATUALLAH WABARAKATAHU.....
I HOPE INSHA'ALLAH ALL OF YOU ARE WELL AND HAPPY IN THE BEST OF HEALTH AND IMAAN.:)

This is my first post Insha'Allah and its a topic which is very dear to me and all others who understand the importance of their Parents and the obligatiosn that have towards them. Insha'Allah I hope that we can learn from this and improve the way we behave towards our Parents so that one day when we are in that posistion ( Insha'Allah) as parents we wont be tested with those hurtful actions that we inflicted on our parents intentionally or unintentionally.:-[

1)MASHA'ALLAH SO MANY YOUNG MUSLIMS ARE SEARCHING FOR KNOWLEGE AND IMPROVING THEMSELVES :thumbs_up BUT THIS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS TO START FROM HOME, OUR FAMILIES AND OUR PARENTS ESPECIALLY HAVE A RIGHT OVER US.
THIS POST IS JUST A REMINDER OF THE IMPORTANT STATUS OF ALLAH AND THEN OUR PARENTS

....SUBHAN'ALLAH LOOK HOW THEY ARE MENTIONED TOGETHER IN THIS AYAH
Allah says in the Qur'an says, in Surrah BaniIsra'il:

"Your Lord (The Creator) has ordained that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to the parents."
Allah also says:

"Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and be kind to parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, do not say 'uff' to them or chide them, but speak to them in terms of honor and kindness. Treat them with humility, and say, 'My Lord! Have mercy on them, for they did care for me when I was little." (17.23-4)

2) IT IS OUR DUTY/OBLIBGATION (FARDH) TO DO WHAT ALLAH SWT HAS COMMANDED AND MANY DO, BUT WHAT WE LACK IS THE GENUINE DESIRE TO PLEASE OUR PARENTS AND CARE FOR THEM AS MUCH AS THEY DO FOR US.
HOW MANY OF US KEEP INTOUCH WITH OUR PARENTS LIKE WE DO OUR YOUR FRIENDS?

HOW MANY OF US KNOW OUR PARENTS FAVOURITE FOOD, PLACE OR BOOK ECT?

HOW MANY OF US ALLOW OUR PARENTS TO HAVE A HOBBY AND ENJOY THE COMPANY OF THEIR COMPANION?

HOW MANY OF US GO OUT OF OUR WAY WHEN WE ARE STUDYING OR WORKING TO PLEASE THEM FOR TEH SAKE OF ALLAH THE WAY THEY DO WHEN WE HAVE PRESSURES IN LIFE?

3)Its a well known fact that we can never repay our parents for what they have done for us and we are forever in debt to them. They are the greatest blessing that we have, Subhan'Allah.

But we have to do whatever we can and its recogniing wether or not if we are doing enough and how we can improve Insha'Allah
Allah says in the Qur'an:

"We have enjoined on man Kind, that he be kind to his parents: in pain did his mother bear him and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years he says 'O my Lord! grant me that I may be grateful for Your Blessing which You have bestowed upon me and upon both my parents and that I may do righteousness as may please You; and make my offspring righteous. Truly I repent to You, and I am of the Muslims" (46.15)

Its so true only when we reach the age of like forty and have been through everything ourselves do we realise what our parents went through and the hardships they faced to protect us in this harsh world.
The love of a parents is unriveled, and its the most beautiful thing when you have an understanding with your parents. When you try to understand them they'll automatically understand and respect you for ur attempts and the love just continues to grow ....its infinite and to think that Allah swt loves you 70 times more! Subhan'Alalh.
4)Its also has greater implications in this life and the hereafter.

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"If anyone possesses these three characteristics Allah will give him an easy death and bring him into His Paradise: gentleness towards the weak, affection towards parents, and kindness to slaves.'
We often make decisions and do things because we think its good for our dean but we often neglect those at home or our parents.
For example ther are those that are committed to college/uni and community Isocs and they go out of their way to please others devote all their time to this good cause that other aspects of life get pushed to the side lines.

A man once asked Prophet Mohammad (PBUH),
"Shall I participate in war (Jihad)?" The Prophet asked, 'Are your parents alive?' The man said, "Yes." the Prophet (PBUH) said: 'Do Jihad for their benefit.' (Serving one's parents is equal in honor to fighting against an enemy of Islam.
Subhan'Allah

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) also said:

"He who casts up the favors he has done, he who is disobedient to parents and he who is addicted to wine will not enter Paradise."

I get disheartened when I see Brothers and sisters that have like 3 mobile fones but dont call thier mum/dad even once to let them know they are ok:rollseyes

I get frustrated when I see brothers and sisters driving around for jokes when their mother is carrying 5 bags of shopping by herself all the way from the supermarket.:exhausted

I get upset when I see children being rebellious and rude and people just acting as if its acceptable, due to the state of society today:raging:

or when we think the world evolves around us when we have deadlines and exams and work obligations....

So i just want to end by saying at sometime in our lives we all have to analyse our relationships and whether or not we are doing our best according to whats expected of us and our capabilities .
I hope Insha'Allah people can put forward thier opinions and views on this matter and give tips and ideas on how to improve this fragile yet beautiful relationship with our parents that Allah swt has blessed us with, and to make dua for those that do not have parents...Allah swt is indeed thier Wali and protector and how blessed we truly are.

May we all be amongst the 'pious offspring' whose actions that will be considered as Sadqa Jariya when our Parents return to face ur Lord.
Ameen.

Jazakallah for reading this, look foward to the replies.
Sorry for any mistakes or if caused and offence.It was not inteneded.:X

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
:wasalamex

Maasha Allaah thats really interesting..

There's also this hadith:

Once the Messenger of Allah exclaimed, “May he be humiliated! May he be humiliated! May he be humiliated! He was asked, “Who? O Messenger of Allah!” He said, “Who finds one or both of his parents grown old, but he does not avail the opportunity to gain entry into Jannah.” (Reported from Abu Hurairah in Muslim)

Aziaf
05-03-2007, 04:38 PM
:sl: ...
Jazakallah bruv thought id take you advice and get posting
..the rest of the forum...
People u have nothing to say bout your parents:? ?
something ..anything ..nothing?

- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
:wasalamex

I'm not sure.. some people choose to respond while others don't, we'll see what they say if they want to reply inshaa Allaah.

I know the forum's quite big, but you'll get more used to it insha Allaah and if you get involved - others will also get involved, and people don't always go through long articles..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aziaf
05-04-2007, 03:48 PM
:sl:
i see you point
maybe i should follow your example and have .....

Aziaf
05-04-2007, 03:49 PM
...to be continued..lol

Aziaf
05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
:D :sl: :D

I WUV AZIAF...HOWD U FIND ME BABY?
LISTEN U GOTO POST ON THIS SUGAR
THEN WE TELL THE WORLD ABOUT THE LOVE WE HAVE FOR OUR 'RENTS?

DEAL...THE WE GET 50 POSTS, THEN WE GET FULL MEMBERSHIP...THEN TOMOROW THE WORLD..MUHAHAHAHAHA!'

;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling:

unknown_JJ
05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziaf
:D :sl: :D

I WUV AZIAF...HOWD U FIND ME BABY?
LISTEN U GOTO POST ON THIS SUGAR
THEN WE TELL THE WORLD ABOUT THE LOVE WE HAVE FOR OUR 'RENTS?

DEAL...THE WE GET 50 POSTS, THEN WE GET FULL MEMBERSHIP...THEN TOMOROW THE WORLD..MUHAHAHAHAHA!'

;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling: ;D :giggling:

lol ur 2 funny sis
jazakiallah for the post

yesh me luv me rents 2 :D
TC asalamu alaykum

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Salamualikum.

two cents:

MOM && PAPA I LOVE YOU LOADS, NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM ME OR WHERE YOU ARE I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. LOVE IS HARD TO GRASP BUT I WOULD SINCERE APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN BOTH COME BACK TO ME. I DO NOT LIKE LIVING WITH STEP RENTS SO I WOULD APPRECTIATE IF YOU CAN COME FINDING ME AND STAYING WITH ME LIKE BEFORE!! THOSE WERE THE DAYZ! LIFEZ TOO SHORT!! :cry:

ma'assalama

iwuvaziaf
05-07-2007, 07:42 PM
haha.. aziaf! hehe.. man! parents.. darl.. can we stick to hadiths like the moderator.. coz wot i see from this forum is.. everything has to be short and to the point.. (the way i do it) ;)

mum is ill.. and she was just asking me if i want sooji halwa and puri... always putting my needs before hers... wot we dooooo mann.. time is close! plz dnt get emotional... plz.. coz i cnt even come round right now..

sis JJ... u know aziaf has done masters in cracking jokes... not a dull moment when she is around.. alhumdullilah!

iwuvaziaf
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

two cents:

MOM && PAPA I LOVE YOU LOADS, NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM ME OR WHERE YOU ARE I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. LOVE IS HARD TO GRASP BUT I WOULD SINCERE APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN BOTH COME BACK TO ME. I DO NOT LIKE LIVING WITH STEP RENTS SO I WOULD APPRECTIATE IF YOU CAN COME FINDING ME AND STAYING WITH ME LIKE BEFORE!! THOSE WERE THE DAYZ! LIFEZ TOO SHORT!! :cry:

ma'assalama
kittygyal .. i love wot u wrote.. may Allah give u sabr... the honesty in ur words.. He will get u through it with ease.. inshaAllah! life is a test and no test is easy...

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
kittygyal .. i love wot u wrote.. may Allah give u sabr... the honesty in ur words.. He will get u through it with ease.. inshaAllah! life is a test and no test is easy...
Salamualikum.
Inshallah Amin :cry:

This thread is just toooo touching to me. we never realise what our parents have done for us or are doing. But all we care about is haviong things right NOW and THERE! subhnallah. Our parents are the loveable people on earth and we can not let our parents down NEVER!
ask me, from a person who has no parents and suffering from alot of chains, subhnallah i regret now what is happning to me!

I used to mess around, messed me life up, never used to listen to my rents, answered back, swore :cry: :cry:

But now it just shows bringing up a child is VERY tuff, and ya you may have ups and downs with parents but that dose NOT mean they hate you! a person can NEVER hate there child!. Child are just too untouchable!!

Take my advice people who have parents, look after them make the most of it, never give up!! do everything for them. Make space,time for them!

Life is just tooo short!! One you loose them then thats it, end of life! :cry:

Ma'assalama

iwuvaziaf
05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
aziaf.. i just read ur long article.. i think u hit nail point with ur opnion.. it is so true.. children being rude and not putting their parents needs before theirs.. everything in life has become a priority except parents.. why? because, everyone knows.. they will be there.. they will love no matter wot u do.. they will do for u if u r ill (even if u dont) .. why do they do it.. because their love is inevitable... why do we realise only when we become parents..? when our lives become so busy.. when realisation hits but time is no longer... its a pattern many follow... and only the fortunate ones realise..

my parents left for a holiday for 3 months after much force by the siblings and those were the hardest months of my life.. (thanks aziaf for all the things u done for me thru their absence)the things they did for me and i did not appreciate when they were around.. man and woman are a pair to share the load.. me each other's support.. and i was benefiting from their struggle.. may Allah forgive me for all the times i have been snappy.. i had no right.. may my parents forgive me..

lets book the time for our parents.. lets not say no to them.. why not give them a time when we are available like we do for our other "important" things.. we'd be surprised how accomodating they r with our availability...

Ya Allah! thanku for giving us this saaya! Ya Allah! give those sabr and help us to see and give us the strength to do even half as much for parents as they have done for us

iwuvaziaf
05-07-2007, 07:57 PM
kittygyall :cry: o! why are we so after our own needs.. thankuu for such great advice :)

Aziaf
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM

jokas...

listen toooo meee....

mum is ill.. and she was just asking me if i want sooji halwa and puri... always putting my needs before hers... wot we dooooo mann..
..ur mums making wot?I WANT SOME..PLESZ?

eh hum i mean UR MUMS ILL? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?MAY ALLAH MAKE IT EASY FOR HER AND WIPE AWAY HER SINS.AMEEN.

LISTEN FI, WEN I SAID U HAVE TO SHARE EVRYTHING WITH UR MUM I DINT MEAN LITERALLY..Y'D U GIVE HER UR GERMSS BUDY (OR HOW THEY SAY IN KASHMIR..GERRMAASS)LOL!

lol ur 2 funny sis
jazakiallah for the post

yesh me luv me rents 2
TC asalamu alaykum
SIS JJ PLEASE:-[ STOP IT...:-[
:-[ IM NOT THAT FUNY:-[ LOL MY PARENTS TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE FUNNY....MASHALALH THEY ARE GREAT...I WUV EM SOO MUCH.

SIS KITTY..

U WER JOKIN RIGHT?( I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOKING--SORRY)

FI SAID....

sis JJ... u know aziaf has done masters in cracking jokes... not a dull moment when she is around.. alhumdullilah!

YEAH GREAT COURSE, FI IS THE COURSE ORGANISER/ADMISTRATOR, FOR FUTHER DETAILS ON REGISTRATION AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS PLEASE SEND HER A PRIVATE MESSAGE....:statisfie*#

*TERMS AND CONDITONS APPLY AND ONLY THOSE WITH A GENUINE SENSE OF HUMOUR WILL BE ADMITTED

#ENTRY EXAMS ARE ALSO REQUIRED

LOL
ROGER THAT

RECIEVING RECIEVING....

:w: :D

siFilam
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

Masha'Allah great topic. The greatest blessing we have after our faith in Allah are our parents. I will always remember the Du’a my dad makes during Tahajjud. SubhanAllah, I never hear him pray for his self. It’s always “oh Allah my kids, my kids, grant them the Taufiq for pray, make them Hafiz and Alim, protect them from shaytan etc. I know we can’t repay our parents back, but I think the best way to show gratitude is to make Du’a for them.
May Allah forgive us for ungratefulness and sins and grant our parents Janat-ul-Fairdus with our Beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him). Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
kittygyall :cry: o! why are we so after our own needs.. thankuu for such great advice :)
Salamualikum.
Eactly, we never realise that do we?! we always think we own this life but NOPE! we don't. If we never had our parents beside us when we got hurt, fed us, buy us things! then you tell me who is going to do that nowadays for us! We always think about or self first but never realise how much pain were putting our parents in! :cry: :cry:
Reemember under your mom's feet is Janah subhnallah :cry:
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 08:04 PM

jokas...

listen toooo meee....

SIS KITTY..

U WER JOKIN RIGHT?

IF YOU WREN'T THEN I THINK U HAVE POSTED ON THE WRONG PAGE, GO TO CYBER COUNCELING. IL HELP U THERE.LOL

:w: :D

Salamualikum!
It's not something to laugh about, not everyone has parents! and why would i joke around for! it's a serious matter! and no i will not go into cyber counclin!
No one can help me apart from allah subhwnatallah now!

I have asked for loads a help but i am just going to ask help from me lord now!

all you can do is not laugh about everyhting, there is a limit! just do dua'ah if your that curious to help me cybe whatever it is

People think i joke around well in that case come again!!!!! You don't know how much it hurts okay!!!:cry:

Ma'assalama

iwuvaziaf
05-07-2007, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Reemember under your mom's feet is Janah subhnallah :cry:
Ma'assalama
subhanAllah :).. that bought a smile to my face.. when i was an infant.. i wud look for Jannah under my mum's feet.. like i thought, it was there and i cud see... oh our innocence then and how much they protected us from the harm of this world..

No, they didnt walk out when we were annoying or slept thru while we cried..

lets all take 3 minutes to read nafal-e-shukr for having our parents...

iwuvaziaf
05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
kittygyal..

sister i dont think she tried to offend u.. i think she was responding to ur earlier thread... plz do not take it to heart.. hope no hurt was caused inshaAllah!

unknown_JJ
05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
oh no lookz like TJ got competition, keep it up gurlz!!

yesh its tru we r so rude 2 r rents sumtymz :( regret it l8r thou :(]

tc asalamu alaykum

Aziaf
05-07-2007, 09:25 PM

IM SOOO SORRYYY

SISTER KITTY, YOUR LIKE LI ROYALTY.

I HONESTLY THOUGHT U JUST POSTED THAT AS LIKE A COPY AND PASTE THING BECAUSE IT WASNT LINKED TO PREVIOUS COMMENT I THOUGHT IT WAS LIKE AN ABSTRACT YOU WANTED US TO CONTEMPLATE OVER.

I THOUGHT U WERE TAKING THE MICK.LIKE FOR SALE OR SOMETHING..WHAT DID THE TWO CENTS MEAN?

two cents:

MOM && PAPA I LOVE YOU LOADS, NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM ME OR WHERE YOU ARE I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. LOVE IS HARD TO GRASP BUT I WOULD SINCERE APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN BOTH COME BACK TO ME. I DO NOT LIKE LIVING WITH STEP RENTS SO I WOULD APPRECTIATE IF YOU CAN COME FINDING ME AND STAYING WITH ME LIKE BEFORE!! THOSE WERE THE DAYZ! LIFEZ TOO SHORT!!
MAN IM TRULY SORRYY, IM JUST HAVING COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN MY WORDS AND INTREPREATION IS NOT RIGHT AND BY THE TIME I HAD POSTED YOU HAD REPLIED AND SAID MORE ABOUT UR SITUATION BUT BY THEN IT WAS TOO LATE.

THE WHOLE REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD IS BECAUSE I RECENTLY MET SOMEONE WHO LOST THEIR FATHER AND THEY WERE ONLY LITTLE AND I KNEW THEN THAT THE CHILDS LIFE WASNT GONA BE THE SAME , SO THATS WHAT PROMPTED ME, AS WETAKE THEM FOR GRANTED.

IM SORRY I TRULY AM.FORGIVE ME:cry:

:cry:

siFilam
05-08-2007, 02:35 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
:salamext:

wow, the thread was going really good.....anyways, obligations and rights of parents are serious issues, lets leave the jokes out, Insha'Allah.
May Allah make it easy for all of us. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

jameelash
05-08-2007, 08:39 AM
salam,sis Aziaf u r right.in this fast moving world it looks no one is having time to to turn anyone.parents r provided with richness comfortable ,still the parents r lonely.they miss their children,s company.Allah has given us 24 hours a day,and still can,t we spent half an houerwith them so that they will cherish it the wholeday.y don,t we realise we,ll be in their boat one day?

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 04:19 PM

IM SOOO SORRYYY

SISTER KITTY, YOUR LIKE LI ROYALTY.

I HONESTLY THOUGHT U JUST POSTED THAT AS LIKE A COPY AND PASTE THING BECAUSE IT WASNT LINKED TO PREVIOUS COMMENT I THOUGHT IT WAS LIKE AN ABSTRACT YOU WANTED US TO CONTEMPLATE OVER.

I THOUGHT U WERE TAKING THE MICK.LIKE FOR SALE OR SOMETHING..WHAT DID THE TWO CENTS MEAN?

MAN IM TRULY SORRYY, IM JUST HAVING COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN MY WORDS AND INTREPREATION IS NOT RIGHT AND BY THE TIME I HAD POSTED YOU HAD REPLIED AND SAID MORE ABOUT UR SITUATION BUT BY THEN IT WAS TOO LATE.

THE WHOLE REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD IS BECAUSE I RECENTLY MET SOMEONE WHO LOST THEIR FATHER AND THEY WERE ONLY LITTLE AND I KNEW THEN THAT THE CHILDS LIFE WASNT GONA BE THE SAME , SO THATS WHAT PROMPTED ME, AS WETAKE THEM FOR GRANTED.

IM SORRY I TRULY AM.FORGIVE ME:cry:

:cry:

Salamualikum.
Forgive and forgotten!
ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.