/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Muslim ?

BleroX
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Assalamu alaykum everybody.

When I say to non-muslims Jesus is a muslim because it means "surrender to God", they laugh.
They say: " So, any Jew who believe there's one God is a muslim".

So please explain me better who is a muslim ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
05-03-2007, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BleroX

When I say to non-muslims Jesus is a muslim because it means "surrender to God", they laugh.

The testimony of faith is as follows: There is no God but God and Muhammad(peace be upon him) is His messenger.

Believing in the oneness of God is not enough to deem one a Muslim.

BleroX
05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
So what about Abraham ?
Allah says in the Quran that he's muslim.

Pk_#2
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah he is a Muslim.

Alhamdhulillah Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
:wasalamex

Muslim comes from the word Islaam in the arabic language, and because Islaam is a verb (doing word), to do Islaam is to be in a state of 'submission.' So we have to find out what Islaam actually means.

The Meaning of Islam

"ISLAM" is derived from the Arabic root salaama peace, purity, submission and obedience. In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.

Everything and every phenomenon in the world, other than man and jinn is administered totally by God-made laws,they are obedient to God and submissive to His laws, i.e. they are in the state of Islam. Man possesses the quality of intelligence and choice, thus he is invited to submit to the good will of God and obey His law, i.e. become a Muslim. Submission to the good will of God, together with obedience to His beneficial law, i.e. becoming a Muslim, is the best safeguard for man's peace and harmony.

Islam dates back to the age of Adam and its message has been conveyed to man by God's Prophets and Messengers including Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Islam's message has been restored and enforced in the last stage of the religious evolution by God's last Prophet and Messenger Muhammad.

The word ALLAH in the Arabic language means God, or more accurately The One and Only Eternal God, Creator of the Universe, Lord of all lords, King of all kings, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. The word Allah to mean God is also used by Arabic speaking Jews and Christians.

more info:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...ropillars.html

If you can explain them concepts clearly, then the point on Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon them) being Muslims isn't hard to accept. Infact it's much more logical since christians themselves believe that the previous Prophets of Allaah were humans and submitted to what Allaah/God revealed to them, and Jesus son of Mary was also an honorable Prophet of God and we believe that he also recieved a divine revelation from Allaah/God [the Injeel/Gospel.] And Muhammad (peace be upon him) is Allaah's final Messenger since he came with the same message of all the previous prophets [of the worship of God/Allaah Alone] - while other things were abrogated [removed from the previous Shari'a/laws etc.]

BleroX
05-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Thank you brothers.

strider
05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
So what about Abraham ?
Allah says in the Quran that he's muslim.
Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) preached the same message regarding the Oneness of Allah as other Prophets such as Jesus and Abraham. Anybody who followed the original, unaltered teachings of the Prophets was said a believer as such teachings were the Truth of the day. After Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him), in order to call yourself a believer you have to also believe that he, Prophet Muhammad, is Allah's final messenger.

------
05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
:salamext:

Yeh, but theres that valid point of baing a Muslim when they say:
The testimony of faith:

There is no God but Allaah and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allaah.

Uthman
05-03-2007, 05:09 PM
:sl:

Literally, the term Muslim means 'One who submits to God'.

So, Jesus would have come under that category.

However, after Muhammad, to become a Muslim one must declare the Shahadah which, as sister Strider said, is 'I testify that there is no god but God, and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of God.'

So, nowadays, just submitting to God is not enough to render one a Muslim but before Muhammad it would have been to follow what each Prophet taught respectively.

:w:

Uthman
05-03-2007, 05:10 PM
:sl:

Oh, I took so long to write my reply that the answer had already been posted several times before me. :X

:w:

Umar001
05-03-2007, 08:18 PM

Wa AleykuM Salam,

In a short reply you'd say.

'Well we both agree that Jesus submitted to God, so I say he is muslim, but I dont agree that a Jew in our time is submitting to God'

Finished, and if they are Jewish you say the same but change Jesus with Moses, peace be upon them both.

Moderate Muslim
05-22-2007, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Yeah he is a Muslim.

Alhamdhulillah Peace.
How can that be possible? Abraham was around a long time before Muhammad(pbuh) was born.

- Qatada -
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moderate Muslim
How can that be possible? Abraham was around a long time before Muhammad(pbuh) was born.

Try checking out the Qur'an :)

Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah.

Without doubt, among men, the nearest of kin to Abraham, are those who follow him, as are also this Prophet and those who believe: And Allah is the Protector of those who have faith.

[Qur'an 3: 67-8]

NoName55
05-23-2007, 04:06 AM
original questioner is satisfied with answer given by the mod! so what the hell is your problem?

does this title "Moderate Muslim" entitle you to declare Hazrat abraham alaiSalam non-muslim?

flipping fakers cant leave one in peace anywhere on the net, its like an alien invasion

- Qatada -
05-23-2007, 11:18 AM
:salamext:

I think the answers been given, i'll close the thread now and if the thread creator wants me to re-open, i will insha Allaah. :)

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.