/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Qur'an: How does it make you feel?

Ghira
05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
:sl:

I was wondering what you all thought was something amazing that happens to you when reading the Quran
Or...

The most amazing thing you noticed about the Quran. Each time you recite the Quran you get amazed that something happens to you, or you feel something, or understand something.

For me the most amazing feeling is that I breath differently when I read the Quran from a mushaff... I feel like extra/fresh oxygen is being given to me and I feel more ALIVE. It is amazing feeling.

I noticed when reading the Quran the Creator is speaking to me....individual conversation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-03-2007, 07:42 PM
:wasalamex

Maasha Allaah! i've experienced that too akhi :)

Sometimes when i'm trying to read it.. i try to imagine the situation in the way it was revealed to Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him.) Since that strengthens your love for him also. So what i do is try to read the tafsir/explanation of it, try to see when the verse was revealed, why it was revealed etc. so i feel as if i'm a companion of Allaah's Messenger to get that personal feeling to it lol.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM

SubhanAllah..me too! When I've did read the Holy Quran..I just felt soo happy and felt Allah Ta'ala are getting closer to my heart! It felts sooo great! :cry: Also when I've touched it..my blood rushed fast around my body and felts more fearing to Allah Ta'ala! Wow..MashAllah!
:D

:w:
Fi Amani Allah

Mawaddah
05-03-2007, 07:57 PM

When I read the Qur'an I have a feeling that I can just go on and on and onnnnnn.
If I'm feeling sleepy and then I start reading the Qur'an, immediately I feel wide awake again and I get this feeling which is just indescribable, just too beautiful.

There are times when I recite the Qur'an and dont really ponder upon the meanings, but at these times I just feel totally energized to keep on reciting, but at the times when I read it and really allow my mind to sink in to it, It just moves me to tears.

May Allah make the Qur'an a part of our lives Ameen and may it be an interceder for us on Yaum al-Qiyamah Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
05-03-2007, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Mawaddah;729410]:sl:

When I read the Qur'an I have a feeling that I can just go on and on and onnnnnn.
If I'm feeling sleepy and then I start reading the Qur'an, immediately I feel wide awake again and I get this feeling which is just indescribable, just too beautiful.

There are times when I recite the Qur'an and dont really ponder upon the meanings, but at these times I just feel totally energized to keep on reciting, but at the times when I read it and really allow my mind to sink in to it, It just moves me to tears.

May Allah make the Qur'an a part of our lives Ameen and may it be an interceder for us on Yaum al-Qiyamah Ameen.[/SIZE [QUOTE]

MashAllah! Ameen to your dua!

:w:

Fi Amani Allah

Umar001
05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I feel like Maw said the wanting to go on and on and on, just need to learn more surahs first.

Plus that feeling that the creator is speaking to you, specially surah Ar Rahman!!

Theres so much I could write.

north_malaysian
05-04-2007, 06:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

Plus that feeling that the creator is speaking to you, specially surah Ar Rahman!!
Allahu Akbar! That's my favourite Surah too..... The verses are very beautifully arranged.....

vpb
05-04-2007, 06:49 AM
It's just too good :) especially when reading the parts where Allah talks about his Highness, and shows that Allah swt is Highest and far from having a partner...it's just the way Allah swt says them. They're special. Also the conversations that are told in Qur'an in afterlife are very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noXEissS1SI

listen to the parts the Shuraim recites in first and second rakat. :D beautiful

------
05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
:salamext:

You can share your personal experiences with other people with the Qur'aan here Inshaa Allaah. :)

Ghira
05-04-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

You can share your personal experiences with other people with the Qur'aan here Inshaa Allaah. :)
Ha I was looking for that website...JazakAllahu Khaira.

Sometimes when i'm trying to read it.. i try to imagine the situation in the way it was revealed to Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him.) Since that strengthens your love for him also. So what i do is try to read the tafsir/explanation of it, try to see when the verse was revealed, why it was revealed etc. so i feel as if i'm a companion of Allaah's Messenger to get that personal feeling to it lol.
That will increase you in knowledge of the Quran inshaAllah. THen you could share that knowledge with others.

Pk_#2
05-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I feel dizzy after i've finished..awkward buh it always happens. Buh during recitation i feel calm and happy :D

I like reciting out loud, feels good :statisfie WELL NOT THAAAAAT LOUD!

Recently i've enjoyed suratul Yasin! InshaAllah gonna learn it from memory one day :rollseyes

I think i should do what Fi sabz does, i want a translation of the Qur'an for myself :'( JJ's one is in 'OLD ENGLISH' :hmm:

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Ghira
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
^^^^...SubhanAllah you get dizzy... I think it is because you are bending over the Quran and then you quickly get up from your seat.

What do you guys think is the most amazing thing about the Quran?

For example, someone could say they found that the Quran can go inside the mind of a Mumin (believer), Munafiq (hypocrite), Kaafir (disbeliever) and explain how they view life and the hereafter.

Umar001
05-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Also you know tha the parts about Eesa are DEEEEEEP.

Surah Maryam is amazing, Qalaaaa Inni.... Oh man, and surah Maidah ayat 116-118. Deep!!

ummAbdillah
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
salaam
sunhanallah! i Love this thread! :)
May Allah make the Qur'an a part of our lives Ameen and may it be an interceder for us on Yaum al-Qiyamah Ameen.
Ameen.
w/salaam

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh,

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
^^^^...SubhanAllah you get dizzy... I think it is because you are bending over the Quran and then you quickly get up from your seat.
:D My mom said it's coz am hungry :-[

Ameen!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.