/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to Islam

Platinum
08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I am a born Hindu who is disillusioned with my religion. The more I read about the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his teachings, the more I see what a beautiful faith Islam is.

Is it possible for me to learn more about Islam? What is the best way? Would I be accpeted by the Muslim community? What is the protocol?

Thank you for your advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the board. :) May your stay be beneficial.

Is it possible for me to learn more about Islam? What is the best way?
Of course. I recommend www.beconvinced.com for one but there are many websites where you can learn more about Islam. Just wait for the admin Ansarto come ;)

It is also important that you keep a muslim group of friends so please stick around. :)

Would I be accpeted by the Muslim community?
Definitely. :)

:w:

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
:brother: you are making a step to the right direction-islam

farzana
08-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the LI Forums brother

I hope you are in the best of health

I would say one of the best ways for you to learn about Islam is through Internet sites, but you have to be sure there are authentic, as some are made to defame Islam

Here are some authentic Internet sites that could help, Inshallah:

www.lutonmuslims.co.uk

www.islamcan.com

www.-----------------------

www.allaahuakbar.net

Another helpful way to learn about Islam is through talking to other Muslims, I say this because I have a friend who is also Hindu. We were once comparing the way of life in both Hinduism and Islam, over time she began asking me more about Islam and soon became very interested in Islam and the way of life. She is still interested in the faith but has not yet decided on whether she wants to revert or not, due to being unsure and out of fear of how her parents might react.

I hope this as been helpful

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mainul_Islam
08-08-2005, 05:33 AM
assalaamu alaikum (peace be with you),

this link may help too: http://www.BeautifulIslam.net

Platinum
08-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Thank you all for your replies and encouragement.

Brother Osman,

The fact that Islamic community would accept a non-Muslim into their community is testimony to what a beautiful religion Islam is. You see, if any of you were foolish enough to convert to Hinduism, you would never be accepted as an equal by the arrogant higher caste brahmin Hindus.

Uthman
08-08-2005, 12:50 PM

I see. Are you considering converting to Islam? Or would you prefer to learn more first, before anything? :)

- Qatada -
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey Peace to you bro.

we all here to help you out to learn more about Islam. if you got any questions don't be afraid to ask. mash Allah its really good that Allah (swt) is directing you to the light.. when you pass on to the afterlife insh Allah you'll go to a better place than just bein reincarnated again. and yeh your so right the Prophet (salalahu alai hi wasalam) was the best of mankind.

we look forward to your questions..

Peace. and may Allah (swt) guide us all on the right path forever. Ameen.

Platinum
08-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Osman,

Yes to both questions!

Zak,

Originally from India, but my parents moved to the USA when I was a baby,

-Peace

Mainul_Islam
08-08-2005, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Platinum
The fact that Islamic community would accept a non-Muslim into their community is testimony to what a beautiful religion Islam is. You see, if any of you were foolish enough to convert to Hinduism, you would never be accepted as an equal by the arrogant higher caste brahmin Hindus.
:omg:

the Companions of the Prophet (pbuh) were the 1st to convert, and they were the Prophet (pbuh)'s companions!!! all humans are equal under God, whether they are convert, born Muslim, white, black, tall, short, genius, slow... the only thing that makes us different is our piety, Iman (Faith), and deeds.

as a matter of fact, i heard (dont know if its true, but thats what i read in another forum without proof) converts get 2X the reward... 1 for abandonning their own false beliefs, and another 1 for being a Muslim.

- Qatada -
08-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

"as a matter of fact, i heard (dont know if its true, but thats what i read in another forum without proof) converts get 2X the reward... 1 for abandonning their own false beliefs, and another 1 for being a Muslim."

yeh i heard dat to bro mainul Islam. but i'm not sure if its true.. but once a person does convert to Islam all their past sins get 4given. - i knw that for a fact.

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-08-2005, 02:18 PM

Welcome to LI, and inshallah this place will help in your quest to learn the Truth :)

Uthman
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM

Welcome to LI. :) May your stay be beneficial InshaAllah.

EDIT: I already welcomed him :-[ No, this was not a trick to raise my post count

bronumba1
08-08-2005, 02:52 PM
great news

Ummu Amatullah
08-08-2005, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Platinum
Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I am a born Hindu who is disillusioned with my religion. The more I read about the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his teachings, the more I see what a beautiful faith Islam is.

Is it possible for me to learn more about Islam? What is the best way? Would I be accpeted by the Muslim community? What is the protocol?

Thank you for your advice.
bro/sis welcome to the forum.Hope you convert soon that way you'll be cleansed of past sins and start off fresh.Really envy you.Hope I had that opportunity.Like brother Osman already mentioned of course the Muslim community will welcome you.Look at Bilal(The black African slave of Umaya bin Khalaf).Prophet Muhammad and the other Sahaba's welcomed him and made him one of their own.Islam is a Religion made up of alot of different races and colors.Even though we differ on that we're united by the unity of God.Mashallah some brothers and sisters provided you with some great links.Hope they prove to be useful.

muslim11
08-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Welcome to LI. May your stay be fruitful InshaAllah.

Here are a few interesting links:

http://discover.islamway.com/

http://www.welcome-back.org/

Danish
08-08-2005, 03:14 PM
welcoem to islam, islam is the fastest growing religion in the world :) u r a revert like thousands others...best way to learn about islam is from books and ppl, get some into books on islam inshallah

and of course U WILL BE ACCPETED1

F.Y.
08-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Peace be with you, dear brother 'Platinum'

You indeed will be welcome to become a Muslim. A good site I suggest is www.load-islam.com.
As you probably already know, Islam is the fastest growing religion worldwide. The rate of growth since i think 1999 in India has been at a rate of 36%. World wide, since the 1950's, Islam has grown at a phenomenal rate of 200%. There are all kinds of muslims - white, black, brown, yellow....it doesnt matter. Islam is universal. I hope you enjoy the journey and enter into 'Peace' - which is one of the meanings of 'Islam'.

Your sister in Islam :)

Danish
08-11-2005, 11:49 AM
There are all kinds of muslims - white, black, brown, yellow....
yesh, true also let not forget our pink and blue bros and sis

Platinum
08-11-2005, 04:17 PM
How would I go about entering a mosque. The only other Muslim I know is a Smiley (spelling?) Muslim, and I am told non-Smileys are not allowed in.

Also, is it better to be a Sunni Muslim or a Shia Muslim? Do both sects believe in the same version of the Holy Qu'ran?

When I have a little more time, I would like to share why/ how I came into Islam. I can't express enough gratitude to the Prophet (may Allah's blessings be with him always) for giving us this faith.

aamirsaab
08-11-2005, 04:31 PM
:sl: Platinum. I Hope you enjoy your stay here. May Allah make the beginning of your journey easy for you.

Bittersteel
08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
before you convert I suggest you gain almost every knowledge about Islam.Many people say Islam is false and the Quran was changed which are false of course.Some people may even call Mohammad pbuh a rapist!!!Astagfirullah!!!

Also learn about science and scientific facts and the allegations and refutations concerning them.

Danish
08-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Also, is it better to be a Sunni Muslim or a Shia Muslim? Do both sects believe in the same version of the Holy Qu'ran?
Sunni...sunni r followers of sunnah (following actions of Prophet Muhammed)...both have same quran but there r significant differences, and many muslims say shias r not from islam and not muslim (sorry modz for discussing sects, but some1 had to clarify)
How would I go about entering a mosque. The only other Muslim I know is a Smiley (spelling?) Muslim, and I am told non-Smileys are not allowed in.
sorry, no idea what smiley is.. :i: some1 else can help
When I have a little more time, I would like to share why/ how I came into Islam. I can't express enough gratitude to the Prophet (may Allah's blessings be with him always) for giving us this faith.
if u r convinced islam is true, then revert immediately. BecAUse if u die before reverting to islam, then u will goto hell...

Rabi'ya
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Assalamualaikum

welcome to the forum....

MashaAllah you are coming to Islam, slowly but surely......InshaAllah this site will teach u alot...

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:

Uthman
08-12-2005, 07:53 AM

Like Danish, I suggest that you revert immediately. When you enter Islam, all your previous sins are washed away. A clean slate.

format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
BecAUse if u die before reverting to islam, then u will goto hell...
Is there no nicer way to say that? :brother:

aamirsaab
08-12-2005, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Is there no nicer way to say that? :brother:
;D - Very funny osman.

Danish
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Is there no nicer way to say that?
let me kiss and hug before saying that ....thats nice enough...happy?

Sakinah
08-12-2005, 11:31 AM

Welcome to this forum, and especially for becoming a Muslim, Alhamdullillah

May Allah guide you in your journey towards islam... Inshallah

:w: :sister:

Uthman
08-12-2005, 01:38 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
let me kiss and hug before saying that ....thats nice enough...happy?
Even worse! It's like:

"*kiss*

If you don't revert you'll go to hell" :brother:

- Qatada -
08-12-2005, 05:59 PM

According to the Qur'an and Sunnah, non-Muslims are not forbidden to enter Masjid. The Prophet -peace be upon him- used to receive non-Muslims in his own Masjid. In the year 9 of Hijrah he received a delegation of sixty Christians from Najran in his Masjid. The Prophet -peace be upon him- invited them to Islam. They argued with the Prophet defending some of their Christian beliefs. The Prophet patiently listened to them, recited to them verses from the Qur'an and gave them his answers. When they refused to participate in the mubhalah, then he returned them with kindness to their land. They were not compelled to accept Islam and until the time of the Khalifah 'Umar (R) most of them remained in Najran as members of their Christian community. Thereafter they and their children accepted Islam by their own free will. (See Ibn Kathir, Tafsir, vol. 1, p. 368).

Abu Hurairah (R) has also reported that Jews used to come to the Prophet in his Masjid. (Reported by Abu Da'ud). Imam Khattabi has said that non-Muslims can enter all Masajid except the Masjid al-Haram in Makkah (see Fath al-'Allam Sharh Bulugh al-Maram, vol. 1, p. 115).

In the light of the Qur'an and Sunnah and the opinion of trustworthy and pious Islamic scholars I do not see anything wrong in inviting non-Muslims to the Islamic centers as visitors. We should invite as often as possible non- Muslims, especially our non-Muslim neighbors, to our Masajid to learn more about Islam. This is our obligation and duty to give them Da'wah with wisdom and with kindness.

Sunni muslims follow the Qur'an and the actions and sayings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (salalahu alai hi wasalam.) All the people did this at the time when the Prophet (salalahu alai hi wasalam) was in this world, hence this is proof that the true Muslims are of the sunni. Even hazrat Ali (pbuh) followed the sunnah and sayings of the Prophet (salalahu alai hi wasalam) and believed in the three caliphs:

Abu Bakr Saddiq (first caliph)
U'mar-e-Farooq (second caliph)
Uthman bin Affa'an (third caliph)

then finally hazrat Ali ibn Talib was the fourth caliph.

The shia's believe that the first three caliphs shouldn't have been there and that hazrat Ali (pbuh) should have been the leader after the passing away of the Prophet (salalahu alai hi wasalam.) for this reason they do not respect the other 3 caliphs.

You can find the stories of the caliphs on this link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

The majority of the muslim ummah is sunni (around 85%-90%[source:http://www.answers.com/topic/shiite]) - ahle sunnah, so they follow the ways and sayings of the beloved Prophet (salalahu alai hi wasalam). the hadith:

the Prophet (peace be upon him) says:

"This Ummah will get divided into 73 Firqah, and except one Firqah all the others will be destined to Hell. That one Firqah will be such as will follow my way and the way of my Companions." (At-Tirmidhi, 7/397)

"One group from my Ummah will always hold fast to truth and it will always have the assistance of Allah. No one who dissociated from it will be able to do harm to it up to the Day of Judgement." (Al-Bukhari, 13/293)

In the phrase of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama 'ah, Sunnah means the way and practice followed by the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the Sahaba. The heretical innovation and different creeds had not come into being till then. The word Jama 'ah stands for the people who assemble. Here it means those Sahaba and the Tabi'een (the generation immediately following the Sahaba) who unanimously accepted the truth proved from the Qur'an and the Hadith and gathered together.

go on this site and insh Allah you'll be able to get more understanding (you'll have to sign up 1st)
http://www.uponsunnah.com/forum/show...ighlight=sects

i hope this helps.. insh Allah it will.

yeh that would be excellent! i agree the Prophet (salalahu alai hi wasalam) was the best of mankind and perfect in every way, mash Allah they were created that way.. we look forward to reading your story on how u came to and got interested in Islam.

Peace.

F.Y.
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Salaam and G'day brother Aqib

I, for one, would love to hear how you became a muslim. I love to listen to stories like this - truly inspirational.
Maybe you could post a new thread? Great.

Your sister in Islam,
Fahima
:) :sl:

sherbie cola
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Welcome aboard

We are all learning every day and u have the hunger to learn and u will sucseed in your mission , u have already taken the first step , May ALLAH reward you and keep Islam in all our hearts, and keep us true to Islam.

Uthman
08-13-2005, 10:21 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by sherbie cola
May ALLAH reward you and keep Islam in all our hearts, and keep us true to Islam.
Ameen.

nikki
08-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Assalamalaikum brothers n sisters.

i myself have chosen to follow the path of Islam, there are a few links i have been given that may help guide u:
http://www.muslimconverts.com/
http://www.a2youth.com/islam/non-muslims.html

Both these articles were sent to me for inspiration & confirmation of Allah and the Revalation:
http://www.generationislam.org/viewp...=1182_0_50_0_C
http://www.generationislam.org/viewp...=1183_0_50_0_C

I pray Allah continues to help u find ur way as he has helped me (i WAS christian).
The science that supports the Qur'an, to me, is justification the light is true.

wa alaikuum sallam x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.