/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Man commenting on my clothes

engawa
05-04-2007, 01:14 AM
An important customer asked me why I don't wear shorter skirts!

This is close what I was wearing (same company, just different color - all dark blue). I think it is totally professional. Thoughts?

:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
:sl:

Is this customer male or female? If that came from a male it would very rude...:raging:

I guess you should explain that as a Muslim women you dress modestly, might want to add that short skirts don't mean better business (if you think that is an appropriate comment).:rollseyes

islamirama
05-04-2007, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by engawa

This is close what I was wearing (same company, just different color - all dark blue). I think it is totally professional. Thoughts?

The women of jahliyah before Islam used to cover their hair but expose their ears(earings), neck and chest. Womany women today wear hijab (khimar really) in such manner you would think they are from the women of jahiliyah then women of Islam.

The outfit itself is fine but not 100% with Islam as the khimar (headscarf) should be longer and cover the chest inshallah.

vpb
05-04-2007, 01:33 PM
The outfit itself is fine but not 100% with Islam as the khimar (headscarf) should be longer and cover the chest inshallah.
yep, not sticked inside the jacket or whatever it is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
05-04-2007, 02:12 PM

Selam aleykum sister
I can only assume that this person was a non-muslim. In this case you shouldn't think to much of it. Remember that some people have very little knowledge about Islam. And some even think that hijab is just cultural and not religiously.

If it's a muslim, it should have been sufficient to reply:
Because I strive for Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
MashaAllah, well said!

I guess you should explain that as a Muslim women you dress modestly, might want to add that short skirts don't mean better business (if you think that is an appropriate comment).
Good reply! And if the customer is a leering male. Then say, "I think, how I choose to dress is my business Sir! Have a good day!" *meaning now buzz off* ;D

Muezzin
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Did the guy smell of alcohol by any chance?

engawa
05-04-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Did the guy smell of alcohol by any chance?
:giggling:

It was a man who asked. :raging:

My response was that only my husband has the right to ask that question. :D

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 05:43 PM
^hehe :giggling: nice one sis! that's one way of responding to inappropriate questions :thumbs_up

Tania
05-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I think he wanted to be "polite" and say the usually movie comments which should make the women feel good, like: you are beautiful ,elegant, great looking and so on.

engawa
05-06-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I took the photo from the company website selling the clothes (Shukr) I think they tuck headscarf into the clothes because they are selling the clothing and women will want to see the whole shirt. I don't think they're suggesting that for the look.

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 02:50 PM
:giggling:

It was a man who asked. :raging:

My response was that only my husband has the right to ask that question. :D

that was an excellent reply :thumbs_up

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Perfect reply! =D That will just make people be like "WOAH!" lol.

:sl:

atha
05-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Assalam-u-alaikum

I think I agree with Abdul Fattah here. It depend on where the guy is coming from, his environment, upbringing, religion etc. If its a non-muslim just politely inform (educate) him. If its a muslim, I would have steamed up and would have gone about ignoring him or would have given him a stern answer. I cannot imagine a muslim brother saying that to a muslim sister Astaghfurullah.

Simply put, sis, do not worry about what others think or say. I have recieved several comments about the way I dress up coming from ladies mostly. Men are usually polite except for that one guy who cursed me so bad. I think he had some issues. Anyways, just chill. You should be confident that you are doing this to please Allah Subhannah Wa Talah.

Take care
may Allah help you, amin
assalam-u-alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.