/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am i losing my faith??....

nocturne
05-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Assalamualaikum,

Recently, i have been taking prayers for granted and i feel as if i am not doing my prayers properly. I always thought, i was lazy and after a few days everything would be ok. But its beeen getting worse and worse. For the past 2 years, i have missed prayers for maybe 2 or 3 days full day prayers maximum. But the past 2 months alone, i think i would have missed like 10 prayers on already...it is heart-breaking.

But, the final straw happened today. I came back from night shift work at around 10 am. so went to bed for a short nap...ended up waking at 1+ pm to miss my jumaat prayers, and i have never missed one for a long long time :'(

I feel so afraid, i am just becoming like the rest of Kafirs'. Inshallah,this is a test from allah and i can return back to normal soon. I hope you brothers make a dua for allah to forgive me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
05-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Selam aleykum brother,
I don't think you have "lost" faith. You have lost a few battles against shaytan, but it ain't over 'till it's over. The very fact that you're hearing telling us how misarable you feel testifies that you wish to change this. See, being Muslim is a constant struggle,it's a form of jihad. The bigger jihad is not fighting of oppressors, but it is our daily fights against temptation and against shaytan, and being steadfast. So please don't despair, remember Allah subhana wa ta'ala is the most merciful and forgiving. any bad habit can be broken by willpower and any good habit can be created by willpower. Stay focussesd inshaAllah. Make dua to Allah subhana wa ta'ala that he gives you the willpower to pray on time in jamaat. Because without Allah's help none can do it. And cleanse your soul by avoiding al haram and following teh sunnah.
May Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide you.

- Qatada -
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
:wasalamex

May Allaah strengthen your emaan and keep you and us all firm upon it forever, ameen.

Here's a link which you might want to check out:
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ying-out.html?

I hope its of benefit to you inshaa Allaah.

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 06:12 PM
^Good advice Abdul bro.

Astaghfirullah. I remember going through similar stuff before. It was very strange. I'd miss my salah because I was too tired (I suffer from chronic fatigue) to perform it, yet at the same time I'd feel like the worst of mankind cry and ask Allah to forgive me. This would go on for a few days and I'd despair deeply and finally admit to Allah that I can't do it without His help as I am too weak. I'd beg for His help and soon enough, I'd find the strength to perform salah. But my shame was so great that my head would be bowed as far down as it could go, and I'd feel I wasn't worthy to be in front of Allah. While that was how I felt, I'd tell myself that that's exactly what the shaitaan wanted me to feel so that I'd stop bowing to Allah out of my feelings of unworthiness. I found praying to Allah helped me and I hope you benefit from doing the same inshaAllah.

No matter what, never despair of Allah's Mercy and Forgiveness. May He forgive me, you and all of us our weaknesses inshaAllah. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nocturne
05-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Assalamualaikum,

thanks alot for the advice bro. Its true, we have to constantly fight against tempatations. Inshallah, with Allah subhana wa ta'ala help i would conquer Shaitan.

Woodrow
05-07-2007, 05:09 AM
It is so easy to fall into the trap of routine. Once something becomes simply a matter of routine the reason for doing it becomes lost. When we start to loose the meaning we loose the desire, when we loose the desire, what should be a joy becomes a job and a burden.

So it is with prayer. to put the desire of prayer back into your heart, make dua to remember who it is you are talking to when you pray. That is like a phone call home. Let prayer be joyous and something to look forward to.

You would gladly pay 100 dollars to speak three minutes to your parents and enjoy every second of it. Stop and think, through prayer you can speak to your creator and it not only is free, you are the one who gets the benefits.

ibrarfaiz
05-07-2007, 06:02 AM
You have not last your faith my brother. Because your faith led you to beleive in posting up here and worrying and also those that fear Allah like you do have a very strong imam all u need is a last push to get you to read more

Nafiisah
05-07-2007, 06:06 AM
May Allah help us all to be good and strengthen our faith so taht we may fight shayateen....May Allah bless u and help u.Trust Him

Eric H
05-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Greetings and peace be with you nocturne;

There has been lots of good advice, and you are not alone most of us struggle with faith in God many times in our lives. Faith in God is a journey always one day at a time and we finish our journey with death to this world.

Faith in God only becomes faith when you strive to overcome all the problems in life, and the chances are this same problem may happen many times in your life. Somehow despite all our failings we need to keep praying and ask for forgiveness to try one more time.

We all have many failings, I for one seem to keep repeating the same sins over and over. Somehow we have to really believe that God will forgive our transgressions.

In the spirit of praying to a merciful God.

Eric

Chuck
05-07-2007, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
You have lost a few battles against shaytan, but it ain't over 'till it's over.
Well said :)

HBot 5000
05-08-2007, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Assalamualaikum,

Recently, i have been taking prayers for granted and i feel as if i am not doing my prayers properly. I always thought, i was lazy and after a few days everything would be ok. But its beeen getting worse and worse. For the past 2 years, i have missed prayers for maybe 2 or 3 days full day prayers maximum. But the past 2 months alone, i think i would have missed like 10 prayers on already...it is heart-breaking.

But, the final straw happened today. I came back from night shift work at around 10 am. so went to bed for a short nap...ended up waking at 1+ pm to miss my jumaat prayers, and i have never missed one for a long long time :'(

I feel so afraid, i am just becoming like the rest of Kafirs'. Inshallah,this is a test from allah and i can return back to normal soon. I hope you brothers make a dua for allah to forgive me.
:sl:

Brother i think you are the only one that can properly answer the question. Ask yourself; Do you believe in Allah :arabic4: ? Do you believe that the prophet Muhammed :arabic5: is the last prophet and messenger of Allah (Aazwaajaal?) etc. If the answer is yes then i don't think you have lost your faith.

I have been through periods like this but it was more to do with something that was happening in my personal life rather than loosing faith.

My Allah make it easy for you. :thumbs_up

:w:

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Salamualikum.
Do dua'ah, best thing ever!
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.