/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Result Day are very soon!!

Uma Rayanah
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
:sl:

Sisz and Broz in da Uk..

As far i know Da As's and da A2's result are on da 18th of 08... which means lass dan 2 weeks....

and da GCSE's are da week fallows.. da 25 th of 08...

Subhaan Allah..

da moment of truth are comin soon...

All da best 2 u all

Inshallah khair....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SalafiFemaleJih
08-07-2005, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister In Islam

Sisz and Broz in da Uk..

As far i know Da As's and da A2's result are on da 18th of 08... which means lass dan 2 weeks....

and da GCSE's are da week fallows.. da 25 th of 08...

Subhaan Allah..

da moment of truth are comin soon...

All da best 2 u all

Inshallah khair....

asalamualaikum wr wb

whats dat all about? some kinda degree to get into uni or summat?

lemme know

wasalaualaikum wr wb

Muezzin
08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
AS=first year exams in college.

A2=second year exams in college (generally, you need these to go onto uni, but it's the points you get from both AS and A2 results that are more important)

Uma Rayanah
08-07-2005, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
asalamualaikum wr wb

whats dat all about? some kinda degree to get into uni or summat?

lemme know

wasalaualaikum wr wb

well GCES's Will take u 2 go 2 college...

In college ,da 1st year u will study As

da secand year will will study A2

After u hv compleated da 2 year which are called A Levels

u can then go 2 uni

Does it help!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
haroon1914
08-09-2005, 04:23 AM
well best of luck

minaz
08-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Is anyone worried about results, I'm not but I think I should be as in just over a week my life will be mapped out!

mary
08-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Gud Luck to everyone waiting for their resultz. I hope u all achieve what u wish to achieve inshallah.

Bint Al Shaheed
08-09-2005, 09:14 AM

Insha'Allah hope you all do well.

But remember, you can get chances to repeat these things...Make sure you try your best to pass the test of life. Because you only get one chance, so make use of it :)

aamirsaab
08-09-2005, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Al Shaheed

But remember, you can get chances to repeat these things...Make sure you try your best to pass the test of life. Because you only get one chance, so make use of it :)
Good advice. Inshallah, we will all get the results we have been working for. I dont know what time my results are available :-[

Zuko
08-09-2005, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mary
Gud Luck to everyone ...
Salaam,

I heard its not good to use the word luck...

Salaam

Genius
08-09-2005, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Is anyone worried about results, I'm not but I think I should be as in just over a week my life will be mapped out!
What are you planning to get in to?

Some advice for those waiting;

Go through every possible grade scenario, it'll help you prepare better.

Phone your first choice and insurance regardless of your grades, Uni's are likely to accept you if you're only a grade or 2 off.

Prepare for clearing and do not rush in to any offers, if you have to go through clearing make your mind up after you have recieved a few offers.

Do not reapply next year, tuition fees are rising by £2000.

If you get good grades remember to thank Allah, then go rub it in the face's of stupid people (joking don't do that).

format_quote Originally Posted by sweet_sorrow
Salaam,

I heard its not good to use the word luck...

Salaam
I think it's bad to use a word that rhymes with luck, not luck it self.

Zuko
08-09-2005, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius

I think it's bad to use a word that rhymes with luck, not luck it self.
Salaam,

But when you see the word's meaning you'll know why:

luck: 1. happening by chance; 2. resulting in good happening by chance. luck [1]: 1. a force that brings good fortune or adversity; 2. the events or circumstances that operate for and against an individual...

Chance: (noun) 1 a. Something that happens unpredictably without discernible human intention or observable cause; b. the assumed impersonal purposeless determiner of unaccoutable happenings: LUCK; c. the fortuitous or incalculable element in existence: CONTINGENCY

Chance[2]: to take place or come about by chance :HAPPEN; b. to be found by chance; c. to have good or bad luck <we chanced to meet>; 2. to come or light by chance; 1. to leave the outcome of to chance; 2. to accept the hazard of....

We all know that in islam there is no 'if', because all has been written down in 'lawh al-mahfoodh' and the pens have long-since dried... When you wish someone good luck, you wish for something to happen other than what is to happen, despite the fact that only what Allah wills will coem to pass...

But I'm guessing you already knew that :) ...

Salaam

- Qatada -
08-09-2005, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Al Shaheed

Asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i reli wish we pass that test.. we gota keep our faith strong all our life, no matter what we go through insh Allah.

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

aamirsaab
08-09-2005, 04:33 PM
We get out what we put in :brother:s and :sister: s. E.g. if you didnt answer all the questions set, no du'a will give you full marks.

Danish
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
can hardly type with fear...18 coming.....argh....time to find how bad i did...oh well

Muezzin
08-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Salaam,

luck: 1. happening by chance; 2. resulting in good happening by chance. luck [1]: 1. a force that brings good fortune or adversity; 2. the events or circumstances that operate for and against an individual...

Chance: (noun) 1 a. Something that happens unpredictably without discernible human intention or observable cause; b. the assumed impersonal purposeless determiner of unaccoutable happenings: LUCK; c. the fortuitous or incalculable element in existence: CONTINGENCY

Chance[2]: to take place or come about by chance :HAPPEN; b. to be found by chance; c. to have good or bad luck <we chanced to meet>; 2. to come or light by chance; 1. to leave the outcome of to chance; 2. to accept the hazard of....

We all know that in islam there is no 'if', because all has been written down in 'lawh al-mahfoodh' and the pens have long-since dried... When you wish someone good luck, you wish for something to happen other than what is to happen, despite the fact that only what Allah wills will coem to pass...

Salaam
'All the best' then :p

mary
08-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Salaam,

Salaam

OKAY..... ermmm well i guess if u think abt it ur right abt everything already being planned by Allah.. however i have never come across questioning my expression. I solely believe that whats in ur destiny is already written down for u, but i never thought that wishing sum one good luck would be actually be contradicting my deen... I think it depends on the intention u say it with. When i say Good Luck i mean i hope u get what u want regardless of it already being written down for u. At the end of the day i dont know whether he/she will get what they want however to wish them the best in terms of 'good luck' i dont see the true harm of it. However mayb i should then jus say 'best wishes' ... LOL :p
I do c ur point sis i will inshallah reflect on it if i ever use it in the future

Zuko
08-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Salaam,

I guess its no problem if you didn't mean anything wrong, cause intentions are what really matter...

salaam

SalafiFemaleJih
08-10-2005, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister In Islam

well GCES's Will take u 2 go 2 college...

In college ,da 1st year u will study As

da secand year will will study A2

After u hv compleated da 2 year which are called A Levels

u can then go 2 uni

Does it help!!!
its different in US

minaz
08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Good Luck Everyone!

Muezzin
08-10-2005, 06:48 PM

I'm sure everyone here will do just fine. I mean, I passed 'em, so they can't be that hard. :p

Seriously, best wishes to everyone.

TEH
08-14-2005, 09:33 AM
You plonkers, thats why you say, GOOD QADR EVERYONE, I hope we all get what is best for us...

:D

If I get a B, my life is over...

minaz
08-14-2005, 09:39 AM
lmao, I need BBC to get into Uni of Leicester to study Contempory history, or CCC to get into Uni of Birmingham to study Islamic studies, lol and i'm predicted BBD!

TEH
08-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Do you think you will get the BBC???

minaz
08-14-2005, 10:01 AM
lol well in History I was on a potential A but I know I messed up on my Civil Rights paper so B is a likelihood. In Performing arts my final performance piece was definitely an A I was told, but my written test along with my coursework is medium-high C so again most likely a B. However Biology has changed from E's-B's all year and I was currently on a medium D and the exam was ok so could be an overall D or C! Lol just have to wait till Thursday!

mary
08-14-2005, 02:31 PM
lmao, I need BBC to get into Uni of Leicester to study Contempory history, or CCC to get into Uni of Birmingham to study Islamic studies, lol and i'm predicted BBD!
I was predicted well (....) grades for my A levels, like BCD so predictions are not always right.

mary
08-14-2005, 02:47 PM
http://education.independent.co.uk/n...icle305760.ece

Ahh well trust it to b this year!

minaz
08-14-2005, 03:11 PM
lol that's very good news!

Muezzin
08-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Indeed.

I find it very amusing how all the bueracrats are up in arms about it. Perhaps they haven't considered the possibility that kids may just be getting more intelligent?

mary
08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Indeed.

I find it very amusing how all the bueracrats are up in arms about it. Perhaps they haven't considered the possibility that kids may just be getting more intelligent?
intelligence does play a part but there are many other factors. One being many people have aspirations and to fulfill them they work very hard. Another reason may be that students are picking easier A levels which is the case, Maths, Physics, Chemistry are not as popular now days. The final suggestion is yes maybe they are getting easier?!
Also a pass is A-E so ermmm that makes 96% however the increase in the number of students receiving grade A's is now 23%! So there is a gradual improvement...
I say hard work always pays off!

minaz
08-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I say hard work always pays off!
LOL not when it comes to 'mickey mouse' subjects like ummmmmmmmmmm financial studies or business :p

mary
08-14-2005, 03:30 PM
LOL not when it comes to 'mickey mouse' subjects like ummmmmmmmmmm financial studies or business :p
U know what i never would say theres ever a mickey mouse course in life cos u have to work hard to pass any subject, no matter what it is.

Muezzin
08-14-2005, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mary
U know what i never would say theres ever a mickey mouse course in life cos u have to work hard to pass any subject, no matter what it is.

Even Home Economics.

Just ask Jamie Oliver.

Seriously, all the best to everyone for your results. I'm sure you'll do well insha allah :D

minaz
08-14-2005, 03:37 PM
u have to work hard to pass any subject
Yeh many people including my mates, think me doing performing arts was a mickey mouse subject. There is written work involved but the physical part of it I had to work hard in. Had to keep my body in shape for a month before my final exam along with vocals too, had a few injuries in the last year aswell which is hard to get back to one's best
Seriously, all the best to everyone for your results. I'm sure you'll do well insha allah
inshaallah

Muezzin
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeh many people including my mates, think me doing performing arts was a mickey mouse subject. There is written work involved but the physical part of it I had to work hard in. Had to keep my body in shape for a month before my final exam along with vocals too, had a few injuries in the last year aswell which is hard to get back to one's best
Cry me a river. :p

Nah, you did your best, and that's all that anyone can ask.

inshaallah
Inshallah, you will do fine.

M Ilyas
08-15-2005, 10:08 PM
well A level results are out on the 18th which is in about three days time

minaz
08-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Just don't go partying when you get your grades, (apparently it's haram )
;D :-[ :-[ :-[

TEH
08-17-2005, 08:55 PM
;D

no subject is mickey mouse mates, not that I did any of them..

:p

My dads going to get mine tomorrow, and he is gonna ring me up and tell me them. Its so obvious he is gonna prank me like last year for my GCSEs...

:(

mary
08-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Just last minute good wishes, let us know how u all do yeah, whether its AS or A levels! Inshallah ur all get what u want :D

aamirsaab
08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
I just got my results:
B in business studies - my strongest subject
C in psychology - Taking this into second year inshallah.
C in AVCE ICT - counts as two
E in accounts - I can take it into second year so i'm happy

mary
08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I just got my results:
B in business studies - my strongest subject
C in psychology - Taking this into second year inshallah.
C in AVCE ICT - counts as two
E in accounts - I can take it into second year so i'm happy
Well Done bro!! :applaud:

Danish
08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
^ well done akhi

i got 2A, 2B and 1 C...

mary
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Well done to u to! :applaud:

Uthman
08-18-2005, 12:56 PM

MashaAllah! :) Very well done!

Danish
08-18-2005, 01:01 PM
^ jazakallah khair guys

TEH
08-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Well done bro...

I completely muffed them, I got 4 Bs and a C...

ahh well, retakes here I come, thank god your education doesnt decide whether you get into jannah or not...

:p

aamirsaab
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Why retake? 4 b's and a C is great.

TEH
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Not for medicine it isnt...

:)

aamirsaab
08-18-2005, 04:03 PM
where they A levels? Or GCSE?

TEH
08-18-2005, 04:19 PM
As

aamirsaab
08-18-2005, 04:25 PM
''As'' as in AS? If yes then you dont need to retake as you can improve on them next year.

TEH
08-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Insha Allah...

asmauk
08-18-2005, 04:48 PM

Masha'Allah to every1 for their results today!!

Bro TEH: I would advise u to go with ur instincts and resit those AS modules next term insha'Allah. Masha'Allah they are excellent grades, but as you rightly pointed out, they will not be enough to get accepted into medicine.

Just a word of advice(went throught the whole medic application process last yr): Don't make the mistake of relying on improving on them with your A2 modules (sorry bro aamir) next year, as things get alot tougher (especially with the addition of interview preparations).

Best wishes

ma'a salaama
sis asma

TEH
08-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks sis...

aamirsaab
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asmauk
Just a word of advice(went throught the whole medic application process last yr): Don't make the mistake of relying on improving on them with your A2 modules (sorry bro aamir) next year, as things get alot tougher (especially with the addition of interview preparations).

Best wishes

ma'a salaama
sis asma
College isnt hard for me :D. Although I do understand what your saying. I wasnt aware that you had to be so competitive for medicine so early on. Well at least I learnt something eh? :)

TEH
08-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I just spoke to a friend, I have a very very very long year ahead of me, where, im going to have to work hard, and kiss alot of teachers *****...

iGraphic
08-18-2005, 07:20 PM
i got in2 westminster uni!!!!

insha'Allah evry1 else also has got wot dey wantd

mary
08-18-2005, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asmauk

Masha'Allah to every1 for their results today!!

Bro TEH: I would advise u to go with ur instincts and resit those AS modules next term insha'Allah. Masha'Allah they are excellent grades, but as you rightly pointed out, they will not be enough to get accepted into medicine.

Best wishes

ma'a salaama
sis asma

Furthering this sisters excellent advice just wanted to say, that yes resit those As modules in January, if u can and then again in May/ June if need be as u more than anyone is aware its a 'number game'. Further i know plenty of people who are resit A level candidates who took a year out to resit. Now last year when they applied via ucas they didnt get any offers, now that they got their three A's they didnt even now get offers from the institutions which rejected them! Neither was Medicine or Dentistry in clearing. So defo resit as many times as need be, cos it secures ur chances of getting a place. Furthermore ur Alevel predictions are based on ur AS as im sure u already now. If u dont have the predictions they'll cross u off the list regardless of personal statement and work experience!

Regarding those who have the grades. They have been forced into taking another year out and have to go to uni next year knwing they will defo get offers but have to pay top up fees!!!!!!! 2006 arghhh! The option is Pharmacy however their are only 11 unis in clearing this year. So its a situation of excess demand!!
Hope it helps you, i may have gone a little over board....

Danish
08-19-2005, 01:26 PM
gcse's result r out soon...gluck to all u G's out dere

minaz
08-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Hey got my results - exactly what I predicted BBD.
But it did come with surprises:
In my Civil rights paper which I mucked up in I got an A!
I thought I'd just scrape a D in Biology, but I got a high D!
In my practical test in Performing arts my group was predicted A's, however the examiner gave others E's D's and I got 2 off a B!
Not too bothered with the mixed results, however got into University of Leicester at the end of the day so it's all good! :D

Uthman
08-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Well done minaz! :) MashaAllah!

Far7an
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Assalamu alaikum
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Well done minaz! :) MashaAllah!
I second that!

MashaAllah akhee, may Allah make you successful in this life and the hereafter.

Ameen

Uthman
08-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Ameen! And may you live for many forum jumps to come! :D

mary
08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Well done bro Minaz. :applaud:

minaz
08-19-2005, 07:07 PM
lol I aint one to take congratulations :p , but thanks you guys and thanks LI too, without far7an introducing me here I don't think I'd be a better muslim than I was prior. (Lol I aint being cheesy or ought - promise :p(

Zuko
08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Salaam,

Congrats on gettin in to the university... From what I heard its a prestigious one, like in the top 20... Cool... I've got 2 years left before I go... Talk about scary...

TEH
08-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Masha Allah Minaz, Well Done Man...

:d

Zuko
08-20-2005, 12:42 PM
salaam,

a little something for u suckers goin' off to college/university and don't find enough time to study...

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?...astnode_id=124:shade:

i'm gonna try it for myself.... but not now anyway....

Zuko
08-20-2005, 08:14 PM
found another dumb joke so I thought I should post it here:

A Reading for the Day of Examination
And it came to pass that early on the morn of the last day of the term, there arose a multitude. And there was much weeping and wailing, gnashing of teeth and smiting of books, for the day of judgment was at hand, and they were sore afraid. For they had done those things which they ought not to have done, and had left undone those things which should have been done, and there was no help for many, for they would be undone.

And there were those abiding in the dorms, who had kept watch over their books at night, but it availeth naught. And still others abiding in far-off apartments sought solace from their spouses, but it availeth naught. But some there were who with smiles arose; they had prepared themselves and made straight the path of knowledge. And these wise ones were called "the curvebreakers."

And so they came, ready and unready, done and undone, unto the appointed place, and their hearts were heavy with them. And the came to pass, but some passed out. And many were they who repented of their riotous living, and bemoaned their fate; but they had not a prayer. And as they were sitting in fear and trembling, there came unto them the one known as "he of the diabolical smile," (that is, being interpreted, the professor), who said, "rightly you fear, for the Day of Examination is at hand. Behold, read and weep." And delivering up unto them the test, he went upon his way.

And many varied were the questions asked by the professor. But more varied were the answers which were delivered up. For some of his teachings had fallen upon fertile minds, and others had fallen among semi-fertile, while yet others had fallen flat. And some wrote much, though they knew little; and still others were wroth, for they knew nothing to write. Of these, many offered up a little bull as sacrifice, some a great bull; but it availeth naught.

And when the appointed hour was finished, they gathered themselves and their belongings together and departed every one in his own direction; and each vowed with solemnity unto himself, "I shall not pass this way again."

Protected_Diamond
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
:sl: congratz 2 all ma brothers and sisters...i think u've all doen well masha Allah

ok ere r ma results:

i'll start off with the good one's lol

I.T - A

R.E - A

English language - B

English literature - B

Resistant materials - B ( 1 mark away 4rom an a )

Science - BB

Drama - C

Maths - C

Urdu - E :p

yeh thats about it

as soon as i looked at ma results i juss didnt feela nything i wasnt happy with maself or anything...i juss wnated 2 know wot will dad say...coz he pushed me a lot and he always wanted me 2 do good like any parent would want 4 thier child...so when i got home he asked me what i got and i said 2 him i got 2 A's n he said 2 me ' give over' and when i showed him the results he was like 'masha Allah masha Allah..' he was absolutely gobsmaked lol...it juss shows how much faith hes got in me lol..anywhere yeh everyone's proud of me so now i've enrolled at college 2 study A levels ;)

Allah hafiz..

Protected_Diamond
08-26-2005, 12:59 PM
:sl: ^6awwh! jazahka Allah :)

Protected_Diamond
08-26-2005, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim
lol sis u should have got a A* in RE, it ISLAAM course!
I knew befre i opened the envelope yesterdat that i definte got a A* in RE! Fav subject, unfortuntly my college does not offer this course!

:sl: is christianity and islam so half of the marks r 4rom the islam paper and the other 4rom the cristianity and i didnt do so wlel in the christianly paper thats y :coolsis: anyways is all cool... :thumbs_up

TEH
08-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Masha Allah well done sis, get resistant materials remarked...

Peace&Justice
09-07-2005, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim
lol sis u should have got a A* in RE, it ISLAAM course!
I knew befre i opened the envelope yesterdat that i definte got a A* in RE! Fav subject, unfortuntly my college does not offer this course!

Actually, you do not get pure A-level in Islaam, so you better off without it. I would suggest you go down to our local Masjid and take some course, and if you are ok with distance learning this is a good way: www.londonoc.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.