/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very Serious.. =[

flower of dusk
05-04-2007, 06:27 PM
salam;

im in VERY big trouble and i don't know at all how to react. i'm not asking for much help becuase i think its already too late. i've had soo many days thinking to myself "ugh..worst day ever".. but nothing compared to this :cry: ...
i was told today that im gona get a notice to my house for my parents to go to court..and all bcoz of me being 67% attendance at scl.
- after that, if my parents can't pay the fine of £1000 within 7 days then i get taken away for a month to foster care. nd today was the 1st tym i've eva heard of such a thing. i never got a warning either.
i kno.. its RIDICULOUS!. :cry:
im going to be honest with you. when i don't go to school i onli sit at home and get on with some other work because i kno the lessons in school would be a waste..- i'd get distracted by people around me... or they just do coursework and revision in those classes which i much rather do at home in my own pace while i can leave much time to do the relavent things.
school is like 40 minutes away whether i take the bus or walk. and those are the only two options for me.
i told my mum. and she's jus going on and on...n hre i am, jus sittin in misery till ma dad cmes hme 4rm work 2 get the news...[[absolutely horrified]]..
i dnt kno wot to do..i dnt kno if i can eva think ne worse of myself.
to top it all off...im sitting my gcse exams in 1 n a half weeks tym...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-04-2007, 07:29 PM
If you start attending school from say, Tuesday (because Monday's a bank holiday), will the school drop the case?

Or is that study leave time anyway?

'Abd al-Baari
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
:sl:

looks like your in a tight situation sis, the only advice i can give is do Duabut remember school is important..i know how it feels i hate going school every morning too :(

islamirama
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Man you got some messed up school system in uk.

Have your parents talk to them and tell them no one sent them warnings or notified them of any of this nor did they informed them of the possible consequences. also they can try talking to them to see if they can work out any deal. or maybe can tell them that you have been working at home and show your work for it and tell them you go when something important is being done there. might even help to get some legal advice from laywer. check around the community and see if someone else has been in the same boat. lastly, make duas and tons of them, on and take this as a lesson and next time stick to the rules.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
05-04-2007, 07:57 PM
School is awesome sis!, cept most teachers waste my time grr!.

But...InshaAllah if from now on you attend school everyday for say 2 weeks or so your percentage of attendence will rise, inshaAllah you will be fine.

£1000 is a lot of money, i'd rather go to school then place my parents in such a position, make dua sister :)

May Allah help you and your parents inshaAllah.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Woodrow
05-04-2007, 07:59 PM
:w:

Life hands out some very hard lessons. now is your chance to rise above the occasion and demonstrate your ability to accept blame and responsibilities for your actions. Turn this negative incident into a gift that will strengthen you for future trials.

Honesty, really is the best policy. Genuine remorse and a true appeal to ask for forgiveness are the strongest tools you will ever need. Right now ask Allah(swt) to forgive you and pray for him to give you the strength to accept what will come. The will of Allah(swt) will be done, pray for the strength to accept it with joy and not fear.

Do not try to hide anything from your parents. Acknowledge your role in bringing this about. This will open the door so that you can explain why you dislike attending school. Perhaps you would excel in an alternative education program. I do not know what is available where you are, but here we have the options of technical and vocational training for those that do not like the standard academic regimentation.

- Qatada -
05-04-2007, 08:18 PM
:salamext:

We will keep you in our duas' sister, and inshaa Allaah - Allaah will provide you from ways you never expected and ease your affairs for you in this life and the next, ameen.

This is a dua' from the Sunnah, recite it alot insha Allaah and also make lots of duas sincerely from your heart, Allaah is aware of your hardship and from hardship He will grant you ease:

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 10:18 PM
after that, if my parents can't pay the fine of £1000 within 7 days then i get taken away for a month to foster care. nd today was the 1st tym i've eva heard of such a thing. i never got a warning either.
If the school hasn't informed your parents on the policy of unauthorised absences then they can't take action against them. This letter sounds like threat. Your parents should immediately talk to the school and give a good reason why you've been absent and stress that they didn't know of the schools policy on absence rates. It might be helpful to seek advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau. Keep making duaa inshaAllah. May Allah help you all out of this difficult situation. Ameen.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-04-2007, 10:25 PM

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news...my best advice is keep duas and prayer for ask Allah Ta'ala's forgiveness! Try to be patience and honesty as much as you can, InshAllah it will reduce your problems!

When it is finally happens by reduce your problem...try to be honest and keep going to school next time!

:w:

FI Amani Allah

snakelegs
05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
wow - that's really scary! i hope it turns out ok and that your parents will forgive you and accept your apologies.
you have my sympathy - i hated school.

Snowflake
05-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Any news sis? Hope everything is ok inshaAllah.

flower of dusk
05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
salam;
im soo sorry for this very late reply.
Thank you so much brothers and sisters. I will keep u in my duas too.

Man you got some messed up school system in uk.
I havn't ever heard this kind of thing happen to anyone else before. I used to live in a muslim community before and went to a girl's school there..& I loved it.
I moved to this town 2 years ago and it's totally different - and so are the people.
There are alot of people i know with attendance below 93% (even in my current school) and after checking with them.. They seem to be perfectly fine.
For some reason i think my head of year has sumtin against me. But im not going to let that get to me.
Yes, i am making duah, and i certainly HAVE learnt my lesson!. i jus dont want my parents to be disappointed in me in any way. :(

If you start attending school from say, Tuesday (because Monday's a bank holiday), will the school drop the case?
well...i have so much faith in Allah at the moment. In every tight situation i been in, Allah has helped me so much! Without Allah, we are nothing.

I have thought about this. my mum hasn't told my dad yet because there is a need of a letter to come from the Educational Welfare officer for a date of the court..- Which should be held any period of time after 14 days from then.
since i can't get that letter till tuesday.. as i didn't recieve it today and monday is bank holiday. From tuesday onwards...i have a minimum of 14 days which the date should be the 22nd of may. This will be in the middle of my GCSE exams. i cannot attend court if it clashes between any of my exams. From 22nd of May, this is where i have legally only two days of school left and then i am finished as my school finishes on the 24th of May. (don't you think this is useless?)
From then on.. if my parents do not pay a fine of £1000 within 7 days then i am taken into foster care. This is also very useless as the 1st priority of the Educational welfare officor is to "help" me to go to school and they cant do muchif i only have 2 days of school left.
And InshAllah, im going to be going to school everday till the 24th May.
Also, thank you for the dua brother "Fi_Sabilillah"

Although i'm still very unsure about everything. I'm going to keep prayin and making dua.
Salam.

Musaafirah
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
I think the laws are useless, and only target those people who care about their education..I haven't seen anything done about the youths who always loiter on the street corners, apparently it's 'out of their hands'! :raging:
Hope all goes well for ya sis!

flower of dusk
05-05-2007, 12:22 PM
^ ^ Thnx sis. i know. You can't get everything in life, and i understand that.

- Qatada -
05-05-2007, 12:26 PM
:salamext:

Sister, you have been wronged in a way since some people get away.. but you got picked on specifically.

Here's a small article which may benefit you inshaa Allaah:

I just want to show you these narrations and stories to make you realise that you shouldn't give up hope in Allaah, the All Powerful, the Wise.

10) The Broken Foot

On the authority of Ibn Umar (RA), the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said: “Fear the dua (supplication) of he who has been wronged, for verily it ascends to the skies faster than the rays of light.” (Al-Haakim, Saheeh). A narration (Ahmad, Saheeh) reads: “Fear the dua of he who has been wronged, even if he is a disbeliever, for there is no veil between it (and Allah (SWT)).”

In an incident narrated in Saheeh Muslim and others, a woman once accused Saeed ibn Zaid (RA), one of the ten companions of the Prophet (SAW) promised Paradise, of stealing some of her property. They appeared before the rule, and Saeed prayed: “O Allah! If you know her to be lying, then make her blind and make her graveyard in her own house.” The narrator of this incident said, “I saw her (later on), blind. She used to walk touching the walls and say, ‘The dua of Saeed has afflicted me!’ Once, she passed by a well inside her house and fell into it, so it became her grave.”

Once is a London prison, a Muslim brother (already unjustly imprisoned) was praying in his cell. The cell was extremely small and the only way to make sujood was towards the door, such that if someone opened the door, it would cross the path of the one praying. The brother finished his food and placed his utensils next to the door so the guard could collect them whilst the brother prayed. During his prayer a huge prison guard came to collect his utensils. He saw the brother was praying, so on purpose he opened the door fully until the utensils fell onto the brother’s prayer mat and he stood in front of the brother, with his big, black, steel-capped boots at the place where the brother would place his head during sujood. Knowing that the brother was praying, the guard began to rudely demand that he be given the utensils in his hand, in order to disrupt the brother’s prayer. The brother refused and went into prostration with the guard standing in front of him and his boots next to the brother’s head. During that same prostration, the brother pleaded to Allah; “O Allah, you know how this thug has wronged me and tried to disrupt my prayers to you. O Allah, Break this foot!”

After finishing his prayers the brother went straight to the room where the guards sat and complained about the guard trying to disrupt his prayer. That same guard was unrepentant and began to argue with and blame the brother so the brother said to him, “I will leave God to deal with you.”

No sooner had he said that, there was an almighty crash and a huge steel cabinet fell on the same foot of the guard. He started to scream and wail like a baby, until all the other prisoners heard and began asking what had happened. Other guards rushed to him, put him on a stretcher and an ambulance took him to hospital. It was a number of days before that prison guard returned to work at the prison. It can safely be said as far as is known, that guard never ever stood in front of or tried to disrupt a Muslim’s prayer again.

It appears that the only reason for the few minutes delay in the dua being answered was for the brother to finish his prayer and walk to the guards’ room.“Fear the dua of he who has been wronged, for verily it ascends to the skies faster than rays of light”(Hadith)

source:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-chat/917-words-wisdom-behind-bars.html?

There is also a narration that Allaah's Messenger said that the one who's been wronged - their prayer/supplication reaches to Allaah at the speed of light, and Allaah will respond to it, even if it takes a while.

So what you have to do is do all you have control over - pray to Him since we are created weak, then remain patient and place your trust in Allaah since He put you in that position out of His eternal Wisdom, and He will bring you out of it while bringing through it a greater good which you don't know of yet. Who knows? It might be that the same way this situation changed suddenly in a negative way, Allaah may change it in a totally positive way sooner or later? I know we want things our way, but Allaah loves us more than we love ourselves - so He will bring us something even better if we place our hope in Him.

We just don't know the wisdom behind these things, and praise be to Allaah that we have Him as our supporter, whereas those who disbelieve can't even trust in Allaah totally since they may fall into despair. Yet Allaah has power over all things. So remain steadfast, and you will see the good that comes through this.. even if you can't imagine any way out of this trial yet.

*KB*
05-05-2007, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by flower of dusk
salam;

im in VERY big trouble and i don't know at all how to react. i'm not asking for much help becuase i think its already too late. i've had soo many days thinking to myself "ugh..worst day ever".. but nothing compared to this :cry: ...
i was told today that im gona get a notice to my house for my parents to go to court..and all bcoz of me being 67% attendance at scl.
- after that, if my parents can't pay the fine of £1000 within 7 days then i get taken away for a month to foster care. nd today was the 1st tym i've eva heard of such a thing. i never got a warning either.
im going to be honest with you. when i don't go to school i onli sit at home and get on with some other work because i kno the lessons in school would be a waste..- i'd get distracted by people around me... or they just do coursework and revision in those classes which i much rather do at home in my own pace while i can leave much time to do the relavent things.
school is like 40 minutes away whether i take the bus or walk. and those are the only two options for me.
i told my mum. and she's jus going on and on...n hre i am, jus sittin in misery till ma dad cmes hme 4rm work 2 get the news...[[absolutely horrified]]..
salam
sorry to hear this sister but as many brothers and sisters have said make Dua, Allah is Almighty and will Insha'Allah help you out
*KB*
:coolious:

flower of dusk
05-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Thank you so much brother.

flower of dusk
05-05-2007, 12:39 PM
^ nd sister

Snowflake
05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
salam;
im soo sorry for this very late reply.
Thank you so much brothers and sisters. I will keep u in my duas too.

I havn't ever heard this kind of thing happen to anyone else before. I used to live in a muslim community before and went to a girl's school there..& I loved it.
I moved to this town 2 years ago and it's totally different - and so are the people.
There are alot of people i know with attendance below 93% (even in my current school) and after checking with them.. They seem to be perfectly fine.
For some reason i think my head of year has sumtin against me. But im not going to let that get to me.
Yes, i am making duah, and i certainly HAVE learnt my lesson!. i jus dont want my parents to be disappointed in me in any way. :(

well...i have so much faith in Allah at the moment. In every tight situation i been in, Allah has helped me so much! Without Allah, we are nothing.

I have thought about this. my mum hasn't told my dad yet because there is a need of a letter to come from the Educational Welfare officer for a date of the court..- Which should be held any period of time after 14 days from then.
since i can't get that letter till tuesday.. as i didn't recieve it today and monday is bank holiday. From tuesday onwards...i have a minimum of 14 days which the date should be the 22nd of may. This will be in the middle of my GCSE exams. i cannot attend court if it clashes between any of my exams. From 22nd of May, this is where i have legally only two days of school left and then i am finished as my school finishes on the 24th of May. (don't you think this is useless?)
From then on.. if my parents do not pay a fine of £1000 within 7 days then i am taken into foster care. This is also very useless as the 1st priority of the Educational welfare officor is to "help" me to go to school and they cant do muchif i only have 2 days of school left.
And InshAllah, im going to be going to school everday till the 24th May.
Also, thank you for the dua brother "Fi_Sabilillah"

Although i'm still very unsure about everything. I'm going to keep prayin and making dua.
Salam.
Sis, please get your parents to go to the school and talk about it. Delaying it won't help and hopefully if the school is satisfied that this won't happen again they may withdraw the case. I can't stress how important it is to talk to the school before the legal proceedings begin.

Mushahida
05-06-2007, 01:48 PM

I feel very sorry for you sister.

Read supplication and ask Allah(swt) for help and Insh'allah you will be fine.

You must attend school regurlaly now, it may be difficult but it is neccessary.

edil
05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Salams sis, sorry to hear about your bad incidence I know how you feel sis sometimes I feel that way at school too that am not receiving as much knowledge as i wanted to learn but sis its a really hard time but bear through it with patient because you might get yelled at or whatever but just know that its all a test and the best thing to do is learn from your mistakes. If you feel as though the course is too easy for you then talk to the teachers and ask them to put you in advanced classes because thats what i did too and it worked so insha'allah sis I hope you the best.

strider
05-08-2007, 07:08 PM
With all due respect, why is everybody feeling 'sorry' for the sister? With attendance at 67% of course the school is going to be concerned and most schools don't tolerate truanting. You are required, by law, to say in full time education till the age of 16 so don't be surprised when threatening letters come through the post. They don't care whether you are studying at home or not. The fact that you aren't in school is what they do care about.:)

It takes you 40 minutes travel to school? Wake up a little earlier and make the trip. Seriously sis, your education is vital. Attendance records are something most schools definitely do take a look, so taking time off is likely not to harm your parents but also yourself.

InshaAllah, your school and parents will be able to work something out. Good luck in your exams.

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
salaam

sister dont worry all schools make threats :mmokay: but they cant just bust out of nowhere and send you a letter like this, they have to give prior warning, truss i talkin from experience

like when a school wants to exclude a stooodent they gota build it up, like not one thing and your gone, it has to be loads of thins to make you get excluded, same way if they report you to the education authorities, they have to warn you before. like they have to say your attendance is crap, improve it, and if they havent warned you before then your not at fault!

also you said, you prefer studyin at home, then thats good, because if they decide to take this further, say that i was at home studyin my self, because the teaching was crap :p sorted:D and your in a good situation like your parents know you was at home studyin, many bros and sisters bunk skool and then they get letters like these and then the parents ask "where was you" thats when they wana jus bury their own grave, so in a way your ok, because atleast you werent down at the local park or summin :p

also just try to do wikidd in your exams then you can show up the school and say you taught yourself all this,

remember one rule when dealing with schools, "no matter what happens, its always there fault" :D

inshallah dont worry, im sure its just a empty threat, but go down to the school and talk to them about it, find out all the details and explain yaself, and try to attend all the time now :D

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
salam;

Salamualikum.
Join ze crew blud. Just chillax that lies. They always say that! They can't take you down nor parents maybe fine yes but just bounce and chill nothing will happen. Get a 'fake' letter from doctor saying you was ill :X

*Bad influence snowy:X *

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!