/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will the people of Paradise sleep?

Umm Yoosuf
05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Will the people of Paradise sleep?

Written by/Said by: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez ibn 'Abdullaah ar-Rajhi
Taken from: http://www.sh-rajhi.com - fatwaa dated 7/8/1424H

Question: May Allaah forgive you. Will the People of Paradise sleep? And what is the meaning of His saying, the Most High: “the best abode, and have the fairest of places for repose"? [1]

Answer: No. No they will not sleep. Sleep is the brother of death. And in Jannah there is neither sleep nor death. There is no illness nor old age. There are no worries, no sadness nor anguish. There is no urine, no excrement nor any bad smells. And for the women, no menstruation nor postpartum bleeding.

And there are no grudges, no malice nor envy. The envy will be removed from the chests of the Mu’mineen before they enter Paradise. They will stop on a bridge after they have crossed the Siraat. They will retaliate with each other for the complaints they have between themselves. Then the envy will be removed from their chests. And they will enter Paradise with the highest degree of purity. The Most High, said:

“And We shall remove from their breasts any sense of injury (that they may have), (So they will be like) brothers facing each other on thrones.” - Al-Hijr (15):47

And as for His saying:

The fairest of places for repose. - Al-Furqan (25):24

Meaning: (It is a) time for relaxation. The intent: This time, (the) time for relaxation will be there in Paradise. And its meaning is that Allaah, the Most High, will hold to account all His creation on the Day of Judgement. He will finish with them, proportionally, by the middle of the day. And He said about the People of Paradise in Paradise:

The dwellers of Paradise (i.e. those who deserved it through their Faith and righteousness) will, on that Day, have the best abode, and have the fairest of places for repose. - Al-Furqan (25):24

And sleep is the brother of death. And there is no death in Paradise. There is no sleep which is the brother of death. Yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Soorah Al-Furqan, Ayaah 24

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
:sl:

Subhanallah :)

Nice post Mashallah :thumbs_up
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

May Allah swt forgive our sins and grant us Jannat al Firdaws..Ameen

FatimaAsSideqah
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM

Wow! That is so brilliant! It means we will have lots of busy time in the Jannah, InshAllah! JakaakAllah Khair for post it...

:w:

Fi Amani Allah

adeel
06-05-2007, 10:14 PM
jazakallah for sharing
salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AHMED_GUREY
06-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Up for ever..

and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever

it's really mindblowing if you think about it

but yeah it's true when i think of death i think of sleep but only you will never wake up in this world again

Thanks sister Al-Mu'minah appreciate it!

S£mmi
06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
thanks for sharing

nismoskys
09-25-2007, 04:08 AM
SubhanAllah, how thoughts of Jannah ease and please the heart.

*~Sofia~*
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Salams sis,

Jazakhallah khair for sharin this post wiv us, i had no idea that there was no sleep in paradise! post was really beneficial sis, learnt sumfing new today :D

SubhanAllah, how thoughts of Jannah ease and please the heart.
^ subhanallah this is sooo tru brother, i couldnt help but smile as i read thru it..and gave me goose-bumps too! :)

Neway jazakhallah again sis

W'salam
x

------
09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
:salamext:

You wouldn't want 2 sleep in Paradise anywayz! Endless pleasures....think about it... Subhaan Allaah... :(

May Allaah subhaan wa taa'la make us one of the residents of Paradise...Ameen...

yashal
11-27-2007, 06:42 AM
jazakallah
u share ur knowledge

Noor 13
11-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I had no idea that there is no sleep in Jannah
May Allah grant all of us the paradise inshAllah
Jazak Allah for sharing
Whenever I read something about Jannahit just eases my heart so much:sunny:

sadia faisal
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeh.. reading about Jannat gives a feeling of peace...

chosen
12-01-2007, 03:22 PM
:giggling:They say in paradise you will have all the things you wanted and never had when you were on earth...IF THAT IS TRUE ...I WILL SLEEP ALL THE TIME IN PARADISE...:giggling:

Camomilla
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Intisar
12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
:w: Wow, subhanallah, just makes me wanna work harder for Jannah.

May Allah keep all the Mu'mineen steadfast in the deen, ameen. :D

Selgy
12-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Jazakallah Khairan

aqsakhan
12-07-2007, 06:22 AM
jazakallah khair for the post

FBI
12-07-2007, 06:34 AM
But what if you want to sleep for the hell of it, cause I enjoy taking a little nap here and there.

Hashim_507
12-07-2007, 07:27 AM
InshAllah may Allah reward us with paradise. Ameen!!

------
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM

^ Ameen Summa Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by chosen
:giggling:They say in paradise you will have all the things you wanted and never had when you were on earth...IF THAT IS TRUE ...I WILL SLEEP ALL THE TIME IN PARADISE...:giggling:
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
But what if you want to sleep for the hell of it, cause I enjoy taking a little nap here and there.
Yeh, but would you want to sleep with all the pleasures there?! And NO tiredness? :-\ Honestly?

Belief_is_Power
12-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I have to admit I like sleeping, and Allah says that in Jannah a believer can do what he or she pleases. however if Allah lets me into Jannah, I will be to happy to care about sleep. With so much to do their who would want to sleep..... salam

~ Sabr ~
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM

Subhan'Allaah, now this is something new I didn't know before!

~ Sabr ~
05-28-2012, 08:02 AM
:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.