/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Experiences during Salaat

Ghira
05-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Share you most memorable experience during salaat in this forum...

I feel these days people share their experience when going to amusement parks and movies they saw, why not about good experiences during prayer. Wouldn't more people be more focused in prayer if we shared our good experiences.

Well for me...

It was during Ramadan, in the blessed masjid, performing taraweh. I was praying in the first row at the end, and I recently finished a beginners Arabic class so I learned many new Arabic words in the Quran. As I was listening to the Quran being recited in prayer I started crying profusely, normal during taraweh. Then I started breathing rapidly. It was very rapid short breaths not like when you are running. My body was still but my heart needed more oxygen and so I had to take short quick breaths. Then stop to take one long breath. If I try to do that right now after awhile I get dizzy. In prayer I did not feel any fatigue or dizziness. It was a feeling of being alive and close to my Creator. Then something miraclous happened, I saw my heart pumping. It was similar to a cartoon scenario except I did not see the physical heart. It was literally pumping out of my chest, like something pushing against my chest and creating a bump. If you observe the human body the place where the ribs is connected to sternum is made out of cartilage. Cartilage does not break and it can sometimes bend to a certain extent. I was seeing my heart bending the cartilage part. It did not stop there, I could understand even more of what imam was saying and I made dua when he was talking about heaven and hell (that is sunnah during long prayer). Tears came down like a fountain of water running. As soon as we went down for the first sujood my whole body just went on a breathing frenzy. My heart was pumping faster, quicker, and I was breathing even more rapidly. My heart was pounding so much it shook my whole body. I could not believe how amazing the feeling was. Then when I came back up from sujood my heart calmed down. Then when I went back to sujood the heart was pounding faster again. It was the best experience I had, I felt alive, and I never wanted to end... After that set was done my heart just calmed down and when he began the prayer again the breating started again.. I never experienced that again. InshaAllah I will this coming Ramadan or maybe soooner.

That is why Prophet (saw) said "The closest a servant is to his Lord is while he is in sujood (prostration)"

Share your experience...Sorry mine was looong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-04-2007, 09:22 PM
:sl:

wow Mashallah that's such a great experience
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

hope i have an experience like that one day..Inshallah

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 09:29 PM
^MashaAllah! I hope you enjoy more beautiful experiences like that again.

First, I'll share a funny experience which I encountered during salah. I had the curtains drawn as the sunlight was too bright and I was praying salah. Sometime, during, although my eyes were on the ground, I became aware of a beautiful white light above me to the left. "Ya Allah!" I thought, surely this was an angel witnessing my salah. I was dead chuffed and imagined that Allah must be well pleased with me. As soon as I finished my salah, I looked in the direction of the light and found that the curtains hadn't been drawn properly at the top. All the time the angel I'd imagined had been sunlight. Oh well! :-\

My other experience was that of crying profusely in the mosque during jumma prayer. It was one of the rare occassions I'd prayed jumma. Something about the imaams recitation just got to me and my tears started pouring. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop. The emotion making me weep was so strong that I felt my heart would burst or my soul will fly out of my body. It was like a pain in my soul yet not a pain, if you know what I mean.

I've had similar experiences during salah at home and at times I have wanted to turn to dust and crumble right there on my prayer mat. It's like I wanted my body to disintegrate for Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Sometimes, I've wanted to do the longest sujood I could and just die doing it. And at times I've wanted to just go to sleep on my prayer mat after salah and keep that feeling of comfort of being in Allah's presence for ever.

SubhanAllah nice thread bro!

Kidman
05-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Mine is nothing like what you experience, but when i was praying once... i went down for sujjud and my light flickered... i thought it was a little sign, but also i'm very doubtful about things like that so i just thought it was an electrical circuit thing... but when i went again for sujjud the same thing happened, like perfect timing again. Again i thought it was coincedence, and i got up and kept doing my prayers, and no flickers or anything, then when i went down for sujjud again the same thing happened a third time... i was like scared then, and the rest of the prayer i didn't just do it normally, i really though hard about Allah. Even though it didn't happen anymore, i think 3 times was enough to get my attention... even if it were an electical thing, It helped me during that prayer.

Kidman

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghira
05-04-2007, 09:36 PM
^^^..Ameen to your duas...

LOL about the curtain incident. I had a good laugh...

I know what you mean when you feel like crumbling to dust when in prayer in complete humulity. It is amazing how salaat wakes us up to our role, who we are and who Allah (swt) is. That is amazing thing about salaat. Realizing how small we are and eliminating any type of pride or arrogance we have...Thank you for sharing.

Snowflake
05-04-2007, 10:05 PM
^True! It makes you realise that you are nothing and that there is no power except Allah's. And that no one is worthy of worship except Allah. It also increases the love for Allah subhana wa ta'ala as well as for our fellow human beings. Alhumdulillah, a great blessing for us in more ways than one.

MashaAllah, an interesting experience bro Kidman.

Kidman
05-07-2007, 09:33 PM
The curtain experience still could've been a sign.. i mean you notices it, and just because there was physical proof that could explain the sign, still doesn't mean the sign didn't exist for you to get a certain feeling.

Kidman

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
LOL excellent experiences people

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahui Wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.