/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Amen mean?

scared one
08-07-2005, 07:35 PM
in islam when they say it what does it mean? when they say after one of the surah al fatahs.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
From the Basic Islamic Terms thread:

Ameen
the end of a Dua or prayer
Translation: May it be so

Also used in Christianity in the same way. Do the two uses spring from the same language, I wonder? Is the Christian "amen" an Arabic word?

nurah19
08-07-2005, 07:59 PM
salaam it means the end

Muezzin
08-08-2005, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
From the Basic Islamic Terms thread:

Ameen
the end of a Dua or prayer
Translation: May it be so

Also used in Christianity in the same way. Do the two uses spring from the same language, I wonder? Is the Christian "amen" an Arabic word?
I've noticed this too. They must stem from the same language, but I don't know if it's Arabic or something else entirely.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Assalamu alaikum
Ameen: May Allah accept.

It should not be mistaken for Amin, which means trustworthy..

A title of our beloved prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

Uthman
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM
:sl:

See here for more info

:w:

Henry
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikam,
O Allah Please Accept/May Allah Accept :)

Abdul-Raouf
12-14-2007, 05:59 AM
Jazakallah khair...

Shukria to everyone.. for the clarifications

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!