/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Masjid Ibn Taymmiyah Manhaj and Mustalah Test

Umar001
05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
As Salam Aleykum Wa Rhametullahi Wa ABerekatu,

I think the test is taking place next saturday.

So for anyone going, buy the tapes, revise, practice. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
05-04-2007, 09:44 PM
:wasalamex

Someone needs to buy the tapes:X They are in the bookshop right? How many are there?

What time on saturday?

Umar001
05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

Someone needs to buy the tapes:X They are in the bookshop right? How many are there?

What time on saturday?
Well am buying tapes tomorow insha'Allah, erm, plus I think they only a pound for both the Manhaj and the Mustalah, I think that's cheap, I think also brothers tend to go straight in there as soon as the brother opens the shop and just ask him since they in a hurry to leave if you want I'll get him to do u a copy and save it for you.

But anyhow, I dont know what time they do the test, and the lessons I think they set a time but before it was after the Somali Tafsir lesson finished.

There's been a couple of lessons at least 3 I think I missed the first and went to two others, 4 altogether I think, The first lesson I WENT TO was talking about the classification of Bidah I think, theres an article by Fawzan which is similar to what was discussed. The other two were talking about prayer behind a person who does bidah and that was carried on in the next week.

The Mustalah's been amazing, just talking about classification, talking about mutawatir and ahad talking about the Hasan and Sahih and the subcatagories, also speaking on the 5 condition things, Adala Dhabt Muttasil sanad or something and the no illa and shadh I think, spelling is terrible.

Did you do the other one?

Umar001
05-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Latest news, the test has been delayed, next week no lesson but the week after that will be the last lesson and then after that the test!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
05-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Alhamdulilaah :)

Umar001
05-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Apparently the test is easy pease, or so says Teacher Umar lol.

Al-Hanbali
05-06-2007, 12:04 PM
:salamext:

Is this the Masjid Ibn-Taymiyyah in Brixton?

jzcasejz
05-06-2007, 12:13 PM
^^ Yeah it's Brixton Mosque...

Umm Yoosuf
05-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Alhamdulilaaaah! I brought the tapes. I am half way the first tape, really gooood Masha Allah. I don't know if I am going to take the test though :hiding:

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-08-2007, 11:34 AM

Masjid ibn Taymiyyah rocks! I wish I could go to all the lessons, but I live too far away. *wipes away her tears* Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alameen.

Umar001
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Alhamdulilaaaah! I brought the tapes. I am half way the first tape, really gooood Masha Allah. I don't know if I am going to take the test though :hiding:
Type up some notes if you got time. :blind:

Umm Yoosuf
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
What notes from the tapes?

Al Muwahhidah are you coming to the youth conference on saturday?

Umar001
05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
What notes from the tapes?
Yea.

Umm Yoosuf
05-08-2007, 11:56 AM
erm...i'll try but no promises.Where is your notes? Post them insha Allah.

Umar001
05-08-2007, 12:01 PM
erm...i'll try but no promises.Where is your notes? Post them insha Allah.
:blind: If I buy the tapes I'll post notes.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Al Muwahhidah are you coming to the youth conference on saturday?

I'll try my best ukhtee.:)

amirah_87
05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
:sl:

Can someone fill me in please? I don't quite get what's going on.

You buy tapes (of what?) revise? and then take a test?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-08-2007, 04:10 PM

LOL...TAPES, not types! Tapes of the topic that the exam is going to be on, manhaj and mustalah.:)

amirah_87
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Ok, what's the purpose of it all?

And what happens after you take the test?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Ok, what's the purpose of it all?

And what happens after you take the test?

I soppuse the purpose is 'ilm.:? I don't know what happens, Allahu A'lam.

amirah_87
05-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Ayy na'am!! I'm having a terrible day. Excuse me sis! :exhausted

One more question: How often does this happen, and is this the first time?

Umar001
05-08-2007, 04:27 PM
There was a course before this, I cant remember what exactly, but they do a 6 week thing, then you take a test, apparently it's easy peasy, and you get a little certificate to just say you attended.

The tapes are of the lessons.

amirah_87
05-08-2007, 04:35 PM

MashaAllah, it sounds real good.

Jazaakumullaah khayr for helpin me understand.. :)

Umar001
05-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I think it was the second week in which we spoke of the basis of bidah, the classifications, and so forth, I dont have the notes on me, but this article by Fawzaan summs it up, and if this is learnt then I think it would be good for that.

Plus the fact that some people before us tried to catagorise (forbidden, disliked, ok, encouraged...) bidah but all bidah is bad.

http://abdurrahman.org/innovation/cl...nofdoubts.html

Umar001
05-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Oh guys, by the way theres no amazing new books in the book store one by Uthaymeen, dealing with characteristics of people or youth not sure due to the islamic awakenin and another by Fawzan. Pretty thick and big and nicely layed out, expensive though, but surely worth it, as soon as the new batches are in am getting them insha'Allah.

Umm Yoosuf
05-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I have book by Shaikh 'uthaymeen called advice tot he muslim youth or something like that.

By the way do you have a poster of the youth conference coming up on saturdays? If you do please post it.

Umar001
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Where you get it from, I mean the book? And what did it look like and how much.

And I dont got a poster I didnt even know there was a youth conference insha'Allah am going there tommorow so I'll get a pic of it or something.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Where can I buy these amazing books that you have mentioned? And no Al-Mu'minah, you CAN'T buy it for me! :X

Umar001
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
If you come down on saturday they might have them, they had some but they went pretty quick, so if you want I can ask the bro to reserve some, then Muminah can give you them.

A bro was telling me though, he went to east london somewhere and there was a sale, and he got a book which is like normally round 15 squid for only 10 which might not seem like alot but it can be when u buy about 5 books.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM

I can't come on sat, but how much are they? I'll pass the money on to Al-Mu'minah.

Umar001
05-09-2007, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

I can't come on sat, but how much are they? I'll pass the money on to Al-Mu'minah.
Wa Aleykum Salam Wa Rhametullahi Wa Berekatu,

I'll go tomorow and speak to the brother and see if they have any and how much they are, insha'Allah. And then if Sis Mu'minah cant get there in a couple of days then I'll hold them up, since am I think they'd run out quick.

They were about 13 or so pounds.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-09-2007, 10:56 AM

Ok, jazakAllah khayr fid-dunya wal-akhirah.

Umar001
05-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Ameen.

abu abdurrahman
05-09-2007, 11:02 AM

:thumbs_up MashaAllah these courses sound really good, i would love to be able to come. Can anyone help a brother out with info about the course or any other up coming courses/ events there?
:?

:w:

Umar001
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Well bro basically the course has two sessions left I think. actually one lesson left. which will be held insha'Allah not this saturday but the following.

You can come and listen if you want no prior booking or anything, its brixton masjid near the police statition I think Grensham lane, it is held normally about 6:30 though before that the is a tafsir class in somali if you know somali then you can go to that too.

Anyhow, if you go then you can also ask to buy tapes of the previous lessons, and just revise what you missed, then there will be a test following saturday after the lesson.

As long as you attend and try insha'Allah you'll do well in the test since it is easy, this is not so much about qualifications/papers more than it is about personal understanding.

abu abdurrahman
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Will InshaAllah try and make it... Do the brothers have the tapes of the previous lessons there with them? Also, with regards to this statement here... clarification required.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Latest news, the test has been delayed, next week no lesson but the week after that will be the last lesson and then after that the test!!
So there IS a class this week, none next week and the test is the week after that, Sahih?

Umar001
05-09-2007, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu abdurrahman
Will InshaAllah try and make it... Do the brothers have the tapes of the previous lessons there with them? Also, with regards to this statement here... clarification required.
Wa Aleykum Salam Bro

There's a book shop in the masjid and they will have the tapes I think, they are like a pound a tape or something.

format_quote Originally Posted by abu abdurrahman
So there IS a class this week, none next week and the test is the week after that, Sahih?
This week saturday, the 12 I think of May there is no class, after that the next sat is the last class, then after that is the test.

Sorry for the confusion, english is not my strong language.

Umar001
05-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I also forgot to mention, that he said that they are going to take the names down for the test next lesson meaning not this saturday coming but the one after. He was speaking to us the brother so I dont know if it included the sisters too.

Umm Yoosuf
05-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

Sorry I totally forgot about this thread.

The Book is called:

Youth' Problems in the light of the Quran and Sunnah by Shakh Muhammad Saalih al-Uthaymeen.
One of my relatives got it abroad.

On saturday there is a Youth conference:

The Two Paths
the choices we make & their ultimate consequences

Saturday 12th May 2007

@ Brixton Mosque & Karibu Education Centre
1 & 7 Gresham Road, Brixton, SW9

2pm-9pm

Nearest tube station Brixton

Contact details: 0207 326 4098

Speakers:

Ismail ibn Yusuf, Abu Suhayb, Omar Jamaykee and others

Umar001
05-27-2007, 11:53 PM
The Test For Us:

As Salam Aleykum, here are the qs;

1. Give four names for Ahl Sunnah.
2. What is meant by Ahl Sunnah?
3. Is the catagorising of Bidah into 5 parts correct, if not, give refutation.
4. Give four signs of Ahl Bidah.
5. What is the ruling on praying behind a caller to Bidah (considering there is only one masjid around)?
6. Name three books and their authors in the field of science of Hadith.
7. What is the difference between Munkar and Shadh, Muqatiand Mu'dal?
8. What are the conditions for a hadith to be saheeh?
9. What is the ruling on responding to the salams of Ahl Bidah?
10. Define the term "Hadith" with the people of Hadith, i.e. what they take it to be.
11. Name 5 Books in which the authors collected only saheeh ahadith.
12. What is the view of the scholars regarding using weak hadith as proof?

That is it, enjoy. Post the answers if you want.

Umm Yoosuf
05-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Is that it? Did you do the test? Do you have the answers?

Umar001
05-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Yea that's all he wrote, I think there was more but he didnt wish to write more, ask the sisters who went what they had.

And the answers were not given. Though if you listen to the tapes it should be easy peasy according to the teacher.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.