/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 3 Missing from Holiday Hotel

Snowflake
05-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Parents' plea for daughter's return

The desperate parents of a little girl who went missing from her Portuguese holiday apartment while they dined nearby are praying for good news.

Three-year-old Madeleine McCann was last seen sleeping soundly by father Gerry at around 9pm on Thursday night at the Ocean Club resort in the seaside village of Praia Da Luz in the south-western Algarve.

But at 10pm when her mother Kate went to check, she found the shutter slid up, the bedroom window open and her daughter - described as "happy-go-lucky" - gone.

Fellow holidaymakers, staff from British travel firm Mark Warner, which has run the resort for two years, and police spent most of the night searching frantically for the toddler.

Fears are now growing that Madeleine was taken against her will. Her anguished parents, both 38 and doctors, have accused Portuguese police of not doing enough to find her.

Madeleine, who turns four next Friday, and her two-year-old twin brother and sister Sean and Amelie were left in their apartment alone as their parents dined at the tapas restaurant 200 yards away. The resort offered a creche service but the couple opted to leave the children sleeping at the apartment, taking turns to check on them at regular intervals.

Madeleine's aunt, Trish Cameron, who lives in Dumbarton near Glasgow, said her brother, Gerry, called her on Thursday night "breaking his heart". She said his wife had gone to check on the children and "came out screaming".

The British Ambassador to Portugal, John Stephen Buck, was travelling to the Algarve, as was Mark Warner UK Operations Director Craig Mayhew and a counsellor. Ocean Club manager John Hill said police showed no signs of letting up in their search, and the McCanns remain at the police station in Portimao helping police piece together what has happened.

Mr Hill said: "My focus is now on supporting the family and their friends here. They are just devastated."

May Allah bring her back safely. Ameen :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
05-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Amin!! Ya Rabb!

.:Umniyah:.
05-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Ameen Thumma Ameen! Yaa Rabbul Aalameen!

'Abd al-Baari
05-05-2007, 10:19 AM
:sl:

Ameen to the dua
and May Allah give her parents sabr..Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-05-2007, 10:51 AM
^Ameen thuma ameen.

Madeleine's aunt, Trish Cameron, who lives in Dumbarton near Glasgow, said her brother, Gerry, called her on Thursday night "breaking his heart". She said his wife had gone to check on the children and "came out screaming".
:cry:

This is every parents worst nightmare. May Allah accept our duaas and bring her back safe and sound and give her parents sabr inshaAllah.

Tania
05-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I am sure she will be find. She must be around somewhere because if she would have been kidnapped than the twins would have share her faith.

Kittygyal
05-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Salamualikum.
Subhanllah what is happning these days.
Amin to the dua'ahs
Ma'assalama

Trumble
05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Like you all I hope the child is swiftly found safe and sound.

But... the parents are hardly in a position to criticise anybody. They left a two year old and a three year old while they went out to eat at a restaurant?! 'Regular checks' hardly cuts it... they should have stayed in and if they couldn't get a babysitter, or left the kids at the creche which was available. What were they thinking?

AvarAllahNoor
05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Indeed it is sad, but what kind of parent leaves two little children home alone whilst going out for dinner at night??!!

S_87
05-05-2007, 03:00 PM

inshaAllah she will be found alive, safe and unharmed :(

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2007, 03:13 PM

I have heard about that..that is every parents' nightmares!

May Allah Ta'ala bring her to safety and make easy things for her parents!

Ameen to all your duas!

:w:

Fi Amani Allah

Mawaddah
05-05-2007, 03:18 PM

May Allah bring her back to them safely Ameen! But I am also upset at the parents leaving the children alone in the hotel, they must've been out of their minds!

May Allah keep her safe Ameen :cry:

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2007, 03:20 PM

It might be Allah Ta'ala punish them for left their kids alone! But only Allah Ta'ala knows best!

:w:

mujahidah..
05-05-2007, 03:25 PM
very tragic to hear..:( inshAllah they will return home safe, well, and alive...ameen.
wasalaamx

NobleMuslimUK
05-05-2007, 06:18 PM
May Allah guard the innocent child.
What buffoons for parents they leave a delicate little child alone. Well at least they are concerned and must be going through a hard time. Ameen to the dua's for the little child.

05-05-2007, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

May Allah bring her back to them safely Ameen! But I am also upset at the parents leaving the children alone in the hotel, they must've been out of their minds!

May Allah keep her safe Ameen :cry:
Exactly SubhanAllah. Prehaps because they were so close they thought it would be no big deal? SubhanAllah may Allah protect this child Ameen

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Really sad situation for the family, May Allah swt bring her back safe and healthy.

There have been a few situation which I'm sure others might have experianced when a little family member goes missing for a bit around the house and it's one of the most freighting things ever.

Karina
05-06-2007, 09:07 AM
:cry: For clarification, and anyone who is blaming the parents for their negligence & the abduction of their daughter...

The Mark Warner Ocean Club in Praia da Luz is an all inclusive private resort complex.

Mr & Mrs McCann were were literally yards from their children and checked on them at regular intervals. Although this may seem naive or negligent, the resort is a family-friendly and secure environment for children, so anyone must surely be able to understand why the parents felt they could be off their guard that evening?

Whatever happens, we must support them & offer our sympathy, as whether or not Madeleine is found, Mr & Mrs McCann have already assigned themselves a life-sentence of guilt and remorse.

Snowflake
05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I agree. I doubt they'd have left the children if they had the slightest doubt about them being at risk. What's happened has happened, we should dwell on praying for the child's safe return.

Tania
05-06-2007, 09:29 AM
If its so private they don't have survaillence cameras or guards :? to keep at least other people out from their luxury place.

05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know what came of this situation? Was the little girl found?

glo
05-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Still no news, Umniyah.

There have been a couple of suspects and several leads ... but no results as yet.

Apparently the family have not given up hope.
We can only hope that she was abducted by somebody who has her wellbeing at heart! :-\ And that she will be found safe and well!
Maddie and her family need our prayer.

smile
05-25-2007, 09:15 PM
she's so cute

and her eye is cool
the pupil running in the eye thing

MuHiTH
05-25-2007, 09:25 PM
This is tradgic news, and inshallah she will be found and returned safely to her parents

Many children get kidnapped around the world, but u hardly see them on the news. In the news their constantly repeating it and its getting quite annoying.

جوري
05-26-2007, 03:59 AM
I just pray to G-D whatever happened to Megan doesn't happen to this little girl-- I followed Megan's case until I saw the predator get the death penalty, he was shaking when they passed down his sentence, I was wondering he felt Anything at all as he was raping and murdering her.. I had never felt such hatred for a man, I didn't think he was worthy of a trial. Such cases of kidnaps always make me think of the worst... There is no rest when you are weary with ill thoughts and worries =( I saw this girl's parents pleading for their girl and they were distraught...
Anyhow May Allah return this little girl safe and sound to her parents... I can't imagine how horrified she must feel.

glo
05-26-2007, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuHiTH
Many children get kidnapped around the world, but u hardly see them on the news. In the news their constantly repeating it and its getting quite annoying.
You are right that there must be many kidnappings that go unmentioned. And each of those parents must suffer the same amount of anguish, guilt and pain - even if ther story isn't plastered all over the media.

This one certainly made it into the British news, but also affects the whole of Europe, since Maddie may have been taken abroad ...

As for the repetitions, which we may perceive as annoying or boring - you have to remember that once the public gets bored with the image of her face or starts forgetting about her, the chances of receiving helpful information about her whereabouts will decrease dramatically.
In such cases it is often the public (som eye witness) that holds the key.

I pray that Maddie will return safe and well, but let's not forget about all other families in similar situations.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.